Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,906 members, 7,814,064 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:57 AM

Meet Some Of Dangote Truck Drivers - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Meet Some Of Dangote Truck Drivers (22091 Views)

A Thread For Professional & Intending Truck Drivers / Dangote Sacks Almost All The Graduate Drivers / Why I Left Banking For Dangote Truck Drivers Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meet Some Of Dangote Truck Drivers by dayokanu(m): 11:50pm On Nov 10, 2012
Well done guys
Re: Meet Some Of Dangote Truck Drivers by ideamaster(m): 11:55pm On Nov 10, 2012
MOBBDEEP:

I no sabi every & I stand to be corrected/taught, but I wonder the value of what they are hauling that a truck driver will be paid 400grand despite the fact that he's not the owner of the truck.
Take for instance, an average truck hauls about 600 bags of cement which put the total value at 900k if we use 1,500 per bag. I'm just thinking how possible it is to pay the driver 400grand for only his driving service.
Even the independent truck owners get paid around 250k.
Like I said, I wish to be educated if I'm incorrect.

You didnt factor in the cost of diesel for such long journeys.also, wholesale price would be less than N1500.
Re: Meet Some Of Dangote Truck Drivers by denzel2009: 12:44am On Nov 11, 2012
Sijo01: Dango when will you call for female graduate truck drivers I am sooooo interested.

Dangote is now looking for graduate strippers!

2 Likes

Re: Meet Some Of Dangote Truck Drivers by tunapawizzy: 3:24am On Nov 11, 2012
Hmmm sitdon dere dey abuse Dangote, dey mock d people wey seize opportunity while u struggle in lyf with ur take home pay dat cannot even take u home. U think ders no dignity in dis job BUT it doesn't matter if u r washing dead bodies or washing toilets abroad...believe me U r stewpid. Great opportunity 4 d young men(esp d ones of about 25/26yrs old) with good planning In 4yrs dey would have achieved so much
Re: Meet Some Of Dangote Truck Drivers by Iykeman4u: 5:35am On Nov 11, 2012
Most pessimists never progress much because they never see the good even when opportunities are dangling in front of their noses. There is dignity in labour and for that reason I wish these logistic assistants the best. I had my doubts when I accepted the offer from Dangote group as a Graduate Engineer Trainee about a year ago. We were the first set. The road was not rosy but they have transformed me into an asset. Hey guys, never despise little beginnings. It is that which God finds you doing that He will bless. Good luck Logistic Assistants. Welcome on board!

1 Like

Re: Meet Some Of Dangote Truck Drivers by mololo: 6:37am On Nov 11, 2012
Iv worked with dangote group...and I know exactly who suggested this concept...
Re: Meet Some Of Dangote Truck Drivers by luluosas(m): 7:25am On Nov 11, 2012
Raxxye: Chei!!! See money!!! Why I no apply sef?
But wait o, na only 100 dem take out of the thousands wey apply? The others nko? Even with their masters degree, dem dey make guy for them for truck-driving job! Nigeria bad sha!!
Why don't 9read before you jump into conclusion? Haba!
Re: Meet Some Of Dangote Truck Drivers by Gratia(f): 8:00am On Nov 11, 2012
Some stupid pple stil ask questions like 'na only 100 applicants he take out of d thousands'..when u refuse 2 read n undastand b4 u open ur jobless mouth 2 talk..SMH
Thumbs up 4 Dangote 4 dis initiative and d graduates who maximize dis oportunity dan stayin @ home doing nothin year in n out..May Angels Guard u all In Jesus name,,Amen!
Re: Meet Some Of Dangote Truck Drivers by kalufelix(m): 8:07am On Nov 11, 2012
obo_man: Everything shouldn't be about the money..... You become graduate to earn a career, not a living.... A career is lifelong, and I don't think being a truck driver is the reason why people go to university....

That being said, should I attack Dangote for providing a means of livelihood for people? NO

I will surely blame the government......

Nigeria's main problems are 3, that can easily be tackled...... If we solve the problem of electricity, roads and security, we are on the right track. I have recently just left University like most of these graduates, and want to start an Ice-cream business. I have already made contacts, thanks to mobile technology, now I need good roads to transport my raw materials and finished goods in and out of my factory. I also need constant electricity to run my gadgets.

I have neither good roads nor constant electricity. Now I need to buy generator, and now I need to constantly fuel my generator...... Look at them huge costs used to start up businesses in 9ja.....I'm entrepreneurial, my parents could easily raise me capital, but I need my government to do her bit.

If we could protest against fuel hike as a People, I don't know why we can't tell our government to fix electricity within three months or we all go on strike indefinitely.

Soldiers, Police, teachers, everyone..... We invade National House of Assembly and camp there until our demands are met........

Constant Electricity alone can reduce unemployment in Nigeria by 30%.

so yhu go to school to earn a career and not a living? Chai SMH at ur mentality...yhu stil far away bro....Be in ur career and work 4 free or better stil yhu eat ur certificate
Re: Meet Some Of Dangote Truck Drivers by Nobody: 8:11am On Nov 11, 2012
eccl 9-10 whatsoever thy hand doeth,do it with your might,i started very small and very young,was a grad before twenty one,road was hard,was underestimated by every one,@that age i was told i would never be ,i had to encourage myself every day,no support even from those who should have given it,first job was hard,pay was poor,gave everything into it,efforts werent wasted,fruits were borne after years,got an excellent job,excellent position,sometimes i look back at how far i have come,n bless god,in life,you must take risks,you must believe in yourself,you must be humble,you must listen to that voice inside you that talks to u in the silence,you must be at peace with god and ur self,then the world is urs

1 Like

Re: Meet Some Of Dangote Truck Drivers by topazjosh(m): 8:41am On Nov 11, 2012
abdulkayus:

c dis illitrate, who told u Dangote is an illitrate billionaire? FYI, Dangote has a degree in business admin frm cairo university, in which after he graduated, he borrow money frm his uncle to start business and repay d uncle back in full in 6 months tym. Siddon there dey yarn shit, cis u hear misinformed ppl sayin he is illitrate, so u too follow d bandwagon.
Na even d illitrate dey make money nowadays. Name dem, bill gate, late steven job, mack zuckerberg. Better go use ur brain dude.
no mind am joor,cant just bliv som1 will com here dey yarn trash.
Re: Meet Some Of Dangote Truck Drivers by alarm4: 8:55am On Nov 11, 2012
Nobody is even saying the real truth abt the salary structure: well as for me i commend those who are chosing and believe it has sm hw reduce 1% of umemployment out of 99%
but 1 tin still remain abt driving on nja roads this are
1:nja roads are terrible
2:insecurity on the rd
3:Armed robbery attack
these are most worst tin to be facing on the nja rd
Re: Meet Some Of Dangote Truck Drivers by Hardfact: 10:03am On Nov 11, 2012
obo_man: Everything shouldn't be about the money..... You become graduate to earn a career, not a living.... A career is lifelong, and I don't think being a truck driver is the reason why people go to university....

That being said, should I attack Dangote for providing a means of livelihood for people? NO

I will surely blame the government......

Nigeria's main problems are 3, that can easily be tackled...... If we solve the problem of electricity, roads and security, we are on the right track. I have recently just left University like most of these graduates, and want to start an Ice-cream business. I have already made contacts, thanks to mobile technology, now I need good roads to transport my raw materials and finished goods in and out of my factory. I also need constant electricity to run my gadgets.

I have neither good roads nor constant electricity. Now I need to buy generator, and now I need to constantly fuel my generator...... Look at them huge costs used to start up businesses in 9ja.....I'm entrepreneurial, my parents could easily raise me capital, but I need my government to do her bit.

If we could protest against fuel hike as a People, I don't know why we can't tell our government to fix electricity within three months or we all go on strike indefinitely.

Soldiers, Police, teachers, everyone..... We invade National House of Assembly and camp there until our demands are met........

Constant Electricity alone can reduce unemployment in Nigeria by 30%.

Real talk man.
Re: Meet Some Of Dangote Truck Drivers by Tinyemeka(m): 12:56pm On Nov 11, 2012
Billyonaire: Haulage company. Am just emphasizing that salary of 300k to 400k for a truck driver is normal on the sector.

Bro please quote what you know. I'm aware of Chisco Transport (haulage) salaries for mates and drivers. And it is nowhere near the figures you quoted.

1 Like

Re: Meet Some Of Dangote Truck Drivers by dartsidius7(m): 3:43pm On Nov 11, 2012
some of the peeps that were interviewed in the article sounded like they were trying to defend being called truck drivers. What is wrong with being called a truck driver? I think they should appreciate the fact that they are working and earning. If i did not have a job when the vacancy came out, i sure as hell would have applied. Infact, i will even call myself patito, first class truck driver grin grin
Re: Meet Some Of Dangote Truck Drivers by Nobody: 4:34pm On Nov 11, 2012
Ignatio: Those that dropped their banking job for this should be flogged. >:<
how much dey banking? undecided
a common illiterate truck driver fit earn in a day wetin a banker go earn in three months
Re: Meet Some Of Dangote Truck Drivers by Nobody: 4:41pm On Nov 11, 2012
Look at what the Nigerian Govt is turning its graduates into.So you would go the university and study and after all the stress you will end up as a common lorry driver and some people say its a good thing.Anyway the reason that most graduates have turn into taxi drivers,okada riders and suya sellers is because nigerian is not technologically developed.I dont see how its an advantage to go to the university study a course and instead of you to further on that course u become a common lorry driver.So how will they diffrenciate the illiterate lorry drivers from the graduate lorry drivers?
Only God will help us.
Re: Meet Some Of Dangote Truck Drivers by Nobody: 4:45pm On Nov 11, 2012
kalufelix: so yhu go to school to earn a career and not a living? Chai SMH at ur mentality...yhu stil far away bro....Be in ur career and work 4 free or better stil yhu eat ur certificate
He is correct.The main reason of going to school is to earn a career and not a living.You dont really need an education for you to be able to earn a living but you need education to get a career.If education was all about earning a living so how come illiterate truck drivers,brick layers and plumbers earn a living?.In the US you can have a job while you at still at school.
Re: Meet Some Of Dangote Truck Drivers by A40(m): 11:08pm On Nov 13, 2012
Man I'm all for anything that puts bread on the table so long as you aren't killing anybody! Hunger would make you do strange things I tell ya but in the long run is this what would move this country forward? Msc,Phd holders hauling commodities inter-state?? Don't get me wrong every society needs truck drivers as they also play a role but isn't it a shame that people who should be plotting the future of this country and be actively involved in contributing to it are being let down by rudderless leaders who endlessly recycle themselves in plum government positions and continually generate policies that keep the average and even supposedly educated man impoverished in spirit? Hitherto 3rd world countries like India,Malaysia,China have since left us behind because of lack of vision and leadership! Problem is we don't even look at the big picture in this country! We are too blinded by hunger and short-termism. Really is this the future for Nigeria? Graduates hauling trucks

@obo_man
You made loads of sense
Re: Meet Some Of Dangote Truck Drivers by owobokiri(m): 7:11pm On Nov 14, 2012
Just reading the outbursts that followed my last post here..I still maintain that there must be better ways to engage a PHD holder in a company other than giving him the job of a truck driver. . Dangote is not my typical example of a self made billionaire. His connections with power in Nigeria gave him undue advantages and so some of you that want to burnish his image here should just shove it. Having the sole import licence to import rice into Nigeria will turn and uneducated beggar on Lagos street into a moneybag overnight.. So dont even start with those sterile tales about how it is his money... Set up a fund and let the jobless but highly skilled access the funds, network with like minds and create start-ups/jobs and STOP degrading academic hardwork with this kind of silly PROMOTIONS! Thats my opinion. Some of you in this country have been assaulted by poverty for a long time, so much so that you will want a professor to work as a night soil man ad see nothing wrong there. Hapless men!. That is insane!
Re: Meet Some Of Dangote Truck Drivers by Mustay(m): 8:08pm On Nov 14, 2012
^^^Thank you.

I've noticed how success has gradually been linked with mega money.

Considering the job hazards, this is a misuse of such a person's intellect and one word can only represent it - UNDEREMPLOYMENT

A situation in which a worker is employed, but not in the desired capacity, whether in terms of compensation, hours, or level of skill and experience. While not technically unemployed, the underemployed are often competing for available jobs.

Methinks some of the commentators have a little idea or maybe a skewed idea of what earning a PhD entails. It's disappointing to note that such a person has no 'career set'. I've maintained that there's dignity in labor but the bubble will only burst when those who don't have degrees have their jobs being taken over by graduates et al - we can push them out, but only for a limited time.

It's pertinent to note that this issue pops out at a time that a report was just released that there are insufficient amount of PhD holders in our tertiary institutions (Headline of Guardian today).

Certificates are only hard copy evidences of your 'soft resources' - I still maintain that such a PhD holder was probably researched upon and not the other way round.
Re: Meet Some Of Dangote Truck Drivers by Nobody: 8:49am On Nov 15, 2012
owobokiri: Dangote is not my typical example of a self made billionaire. His connections with power in Nigeria gave him undue advantages and so some of you that want to burnish his image here should just shove it. Having the sole import licence to import rice into Nigeria will turn and uneducated beggar on Lagos street into a moneybag overnight.. So dont even start with those sterile tales about how it is his money...

Nigeria is full of government made millionaires,but the difference here is that Dangote used the money he had gotten to establish industries in Nigeria.Others however buy houses ion europe and cars,and open companies to chase contracts.If the [half of the so called billionaires re invest in Nigeria,it would be a different country.

Set up a fund and let the jobless but highly skilled access the funds
network with like minds and create start-ups/jobs and STOP degrading academic hardwork with this kind of silly PROMOTIONS! Thats my opinion.
some of you in this country have been assaulted by poverty for a long time, so much so that you will want a professor to work as a night soil man ad see nothing wrong there. Hapless men!. That is insane!
here you contradict yourself,set up a fund to encourage welfarism which is in fact aids poverty.
Re: Meet Some Of Dangote Truck Drivers by A40(m): 12:25am On Nov 16, 2012
ehie:

Nigeria is full of government made millionaires,but the difference here is that Dangote used the money he had gotten to establish industries in Nigeria.Others however buy houses ion europe and cars,and open companies to chase contracts.If the [half of the so called billionaires re invest in Nigeria,it would be a different country.
Truth is Dangote is only capitalizing on the pathetic situation of our country and our pathetic value system. Which makes him part of the problem! This country cannot move forward this way
We all saw the bone of contention in the US debates. These guys crying that their unemployment rate is at an all time high at less than 8% lol Nigeria's cannot be less than 55%
If highly skilled graduates are working as drivers what happens to those with even lower formal education levels?

@owobokiri
Your post was A+
Re: Meet Some Of Dangote Truck Drivers by Nobody: 8:54am On Nov 16, 2012
A-40:

Truth is Dangote is only capitalizing on the pathetic situation of our country and our pathetic value system. Which makes him part of the problem! This country cannot move forward this way
We all saw the bone of contention in the US debates. These guys crying that their unemployment rate is at an all time high at less than 8% lol Nigeria's cannot be less than 55%
If highly skilled graduates are working as drivers what happens to those with even lower formal education levels?

@owobokiri
Your post was A+
so quick to make irrational judgement,when you have the ability to provide jobs for a hundred nigerians,then i shall listen to you
Re: Meet Some Of Dangote Truck Drivers by BAKAREAAT(m): 12:25pm On Nov 16, 2012
Hello Guru contributors,
i think everybody talks from his own point of view.
i believe that after all these one need to commit all these to GOD so that the spirit of God we lead one.
All that is glitter is not gold.The major objective of capitalism is exploitation especially in a country
where there is no good leadership.
Let us leave sentiments.for me if somebody is a mathmaticians ,i think the best thing to do is for him or her go back to
University for teaching appoinments or have where to teach mathmatics etc this we make him more focuss in life.espeacially
now that our educational system need serious healing.
Thank You
Re: Meet Some Of Dangote Truck Drivers by A40(m): 12:21am On Nov 17, 2012
ehie: so quick to make irrational judgement,when you have the ability to provide jobs for a hundred nigerians,then i shall listen to you
Irrational judgement? Cos I said employing graduates as drivers would not move this country forward. You must be taking the piss!! Clearly you must be one of those blinded by his wealth and can't reason clearly

I'm not even blaming Dangote for exploiting the situation on ground its what capitalists do afterall plus he is not the reason a lot of the certificates being offered are not worth the paper they where printed on neither is he the reason the country is in such pathetic shape all I'm saying is yall should stop hailing the man like a messiah!

1 Like

Re: Meet Some Of Dangote Truck Drivers by Mustay(m): 8:24am On Nov 17, 2012
^^^ Your head dey there.

It appears some of us don't know our worth as graduates. There are always sectors for skilled, semiskilled and unskilled labor. Let's continuing comforting ourselves with the present anomaly - it's only a bubble that'll burst soon.
Re: Meet Some Of Dangote Truck Drivers by A40(m): 10:56am On Nov 17, 2012
Mustay: ^^^ Your head dey there.

It appears some of us don't know our worth as graduates. There are always sectors for skilled, semiskilled and unskilled labor. Let's continuing comforting ourselves with the present anomaly - it's only a bubble that'll burst soon.
Exactly! When you don't know your worth you are bound to get exploited. When highly skilled workers are working in a semi/unskilled sector where is the productivity going to come from?? But like I said previously some people are too short-sighted to see what is wrong. Graduates some with work experience working as drivers in their own country? And you wonder why this country is the way it is
Re: Meet Some Of Dangote Truck Drivers by BAKAREAAT(m): 10:53am On Nov 19, 2012
The truth of the matter is that whether you are employer of Labour or Not .You have a God who creates opportunities where there is none.
God never fails .it is we that choose devils options.it is very important to pray and here from God the direction to take in life
you cannot just jump into any profession .We all have destiny either we believe it or not .There is a Purpose for our existence.
and so we must not allow any capitalist out selfish interest and politicking play with our destiny .As far as i concern Dangote companies
is a capitalist because they are there to make profit there was a time When Dangote is soley the cement coy.This coy make it difficult
for many nigerians to afford to build a room due to the monopoly of cement and which makes the cost of cement at a very high price and ofcourse
many other building materials and so many people can have a house on their shelter.if people at least can have a house on their shelter the fear
of unknown will be dratically reduced because come to think of paying house rent,and meet other day to day obligation considering take home of
an average worker with N18'000 Minimum Wage.all dangote need to do is to bring the cost of cement to N450 and see whether those people will come
for this kind of job because the moment you can built a room where you put your family the fear is reduced Because you will not be thinking of paying
House rent all you will be thinking is feeding and others and so i think the strategy of Dangote is exploitation Because he knows that Graduate
will be more productive and less destructive in terms of mtce culture of those Trucks vehicles and reduce overall cost.
Dagonte should team with lagos state government for example to provides more BRTs and also Primary and secondary rehabilitation projects all over the
country

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Appointment Terminated Unjustly And The Staff Asked To Refund Salaries / Driveinhud Ranks Number 1 Travel App On Play Store! / My Boss Is Terribly Corrupt. Should I Blow The Whistle?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.