Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,385 members, 7,819,393 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:30 PM

Marrying A Girl From A Broken Home...does It Really Matter? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Marrying A Girl From A Broken Home...does It Really Matter? (16764 Views)

7 Advantages Of Marrying A Man Who Can Cook! / 5 Disadvantages Of Marrying A Man Who Can Cook / Guys, Can You Get Married To A Lady From A Broken Home?(separated Or Divorced). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Marrying A Girl From A Broken Home...does It Really Matter? by myboo: 10:46am On Nov 10, 2012
I'm currently faced with this guys

What do you think about marrying a chic from a broken home (ie her father and mother are separated)?

Does it really have a significant effect on the children?

The chic in question is actually cool character-wise and she is a christian.

Your views would be appreciated cos i need to take a decision ASAP

Thx

1 Like

Re: Marrying A Girl From A Broken Home...does It Really Matter? by Nobody: 10:51am On Nov 10, 2012
come on! it's not because her parents are seperated that the same will happen if she gets married! If you love her and she loves you, I really don't see where is the problem.
My parents are divorced but I don't think it's something that will prevent my boyfriend from marrying me. I don't really know how it is in Nigerian society, but in Western countries divorces are a very common thing and nothing to be ashamed of or not to be with a girl because her parents are divorced. Goood luck

3 Likes

Re: Marrying A Girl From A Broken Home...does It Really Matter? by candieangel12(f): 10:51am On Nov 10, 2012
Many of the greatest people in this world come from seperated families. If you really love her then go ahead and marry her.

1 Like

Re: Marrying A Girl From A Broken Home...does It Really Matter? by vivianc(f): 10:53am On Nov 10, 2012
If her family background did not affect her, then go ahead.

1 Like

Re: Marrying A Girl From A Broken Home...does It Really Matter? by fairygeh(f): 10:55am On Nov 10, 2012
It doesnt matter.its her character that is important and such people learn from their parent's mistakes and tend not to follow the path that led to their parent's broken homes.

5 Likes

Re: Marrying A Girl From A Broken Home...does It Really Matter? by k2039: 10:57am On Nov 10, 2012
Op when did the marital status of one's parent became a requirement for getting married.

For Christ sake,my parent's are seperated,does it mean I wont be a good husband or Father.

For the records,I know I will make a better husband and father because of what I went through,I know the effect a seperated home has on a child,I'm a victim.The last thing I want is my children going through thesame thing I went through.

So,Op it has nothing to do with parents marital status,it has everything to do with the individual,you must have been friends with her enough to know her for who she is,if you are satisfied with her character,then I see no reason why you shouldnt proceed to marriage.

11 Likes

Re: Marrying A Girl From A Broken Home...does It Really Matter? by Agiliti(m): 11:00am On Nov 10, 2012
myboo: Am currently faced with this guys
what do u think about marrying a chic from a broken home (ie her father and mother are seperated)?
Does it really have a significant effect on the children?
The chic in question is actually cool character-wise and she is a christian.
Your views would be appreciated cos i need to take a decision ASAP
Thx
depends on how she feels about her parents. but if you're trying to marry her you should know her character. funny some women from broken homes might actually be better at keeping a family than those from regular families cos they know what it feels like.

2 Likes

Re: Marrying A Girl From A Broken Home...does It Really Matter? by Nobody: 11:04am On Nov 10, 2012
If she grew up with her mom

Treat her betta than how her dad treated her mum
Love her more than her mum does for her.

Deres no big deal, doesn't mean dey're abnormal!

1 Like

Re: Marrying A Girl From A Broken Home...does It Really Matter? by Mynd44: 11:06am On Nov 10, 2012
I see noting wrong with it. Cos her parents are separated does not mean she will want to as long as you don't treat her bad
Re: Marrying A Girl From A Broken Home...does It Really Matter? by MrsChima(f): 11:12am On Nov 10, 2012
88% of NL chatters are from broken homes...so why the fakeness

3 Likes

Re: Marrying A Girl From A Broken Home...does It Really Matter? by Nobody: 11:12am On Nov 10, 2012
what matters most is those wonderfull qualities that she has that made you go gaga for her.and it won't affect your children in any way.your children will be affected by the way you trained them, your actions and the enviroment they grew up in.bible says "train up a child in way he should grow and when he grows up, he will not depart from it"

it wont affect your children.don't deny yourself enternal happiness all cos her parents are divorced.it doesn't make sense

1 Like

Re: Marrying A Girl From A Broken Home...does It Really Matter? by member126910(f): 12:00pm On Nov 10, 2012
She is an individual, and has played no part in breaking up her parents relationship - why should it matter?
Re: Marrying A Girl From A Broken Home...does It Really Matter? by Mynd44: 1:27pm On Nov 10, 2012
Mrs.Chima:
I wonder how you came about that number

3 Likes

Re: Marrying A Girl From A Broken Home...does It Really Matter? by tpia1: 1:55pm On Nov 10, 2012
Mrs.Chima:

This is a nigerian site, that's why

Either already from broken homes or planning how to break up other people's homes, or any such similar situation, yet they'll be the loudest in condemning others.

and it seems everybody on nl came from a happy home where the dad always obeyed the mum, the mum had full control of the dad, and the house was mini paradise on earth.

never mind the fact that adultery, fornication and juju are second nature to most of us folks! undecided

1 Like

Re: Marrying A Girl From A Broken Home...does It Really Matter? by slimchi2k2(m): 2:05pm On Nov 10, 2012
after all u said about her u still ask for our views
bros marry her if she's ok for u,nt the family u we marry

1 Like

Re: Marrying A Girl From A Broken Home...does It Really Matter? by UjSizzle(f): 2:14pm On Nov 10, 2012
It shouldn't matter if her family state hasn't affected her negatively.
Re: Marrying A Girl From A Broken Home...does It Really Matter? by Mynd44: 2:28pm On Nov 10, 2012
uj_sizzle: It shouldn't matter if her family state hasn't affected her negatively.
That's just true

1 Like

Re: Marrying A Girl From A Broken Home...does It Really Matter? by dBard: 2:30pm On Nov 10, 2012
miss-sweety86:
come on! it's not because her parents are seperated that the same will happen if she gets married! If you love her and she loves you, I really don't see where is the problem.
My parents are divorced but I don't think it's something that will prevent my boyfriend from marrying me. I don't really know how it is in Nigerian society, but in Western countries divorces are a very common thing and nothing to be ashamed of or not to be with a girl because her parents are divorced. Goood luck

That's why d rate of divorce is dropping over there abi
@O.P. yes it does matter. The feelings of betrayal, distrust etc act as extra baggage that might manifest later on. should it stop u from marrying her.. No. but it needs t be considered n seriously too.. cool

5 Likes

Re: Marrying A Girl From A Broken Home...does It Really Matter? by dBard: 2:34pm On Nov 10, 2012
Mrs.Chima:

undecided undecided undecided...
Re: Marrying A Girl From A Broken Home...does It Really Matter? by pendo89(f): 2:36pm On Nov 10, 2012
Mrs.Chima:

lolest chima. ur funny in a crazy way

If she is not broken herself I see no big deal.

1 Like

Re: Marrying A Girl From A Broken Home...does It Really Matter? by IZUKWU(m): 2:38pm On Nov 10, 2012
I understand your fears but did she grew up with her father or mother . Did the mother later remarry that is if she stayed with the mum . But the important issue here is did her mother succeed in making her embittered against men or has she matured to know that one needs to work on her r/ship to make a success of it.or will be men ,men the are all bad.

3 Likes

Re: Marrying A Girl From A Broken Home...does It Really Matter? by Exponental(m): 2:38pm On Nov 10, 2012
Most likely, it depends on d child's upbringing. If any of d parent is wayward n d child is close to d parent, it is a 75-25 thing

1 Like

Re: Marrying A Girl From A Broken Home...does It Really Matter? by MrsChima(f): 3:05pm On Nov 10, 2012
dBard:

undecided undecided undecided...

Mashewwwww! angry angry angry angry
Re: Marrying A Girl From A Broken Home...does It Really Matter? by MrsChima(f): 3:05pm On Nov 10, 2012
pendo89:

lolest chima. ur funny in a crazy way

If she is not broken herself I see no big deal.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

They are crying as if someone can literally be broken in half. undecided
Re: Marrying A Girl From A Broken Home...does It Really Matter? by MrsChima(f): 3:08pm On Nov 10, 2012
Mynd_44:

Boko Haram told me. undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Marrying A Girl From A Broken Home...does It Really Matter? by dBard: 5:44pm On Nov 10, 2012
Mrs.Chima:

Mashewwwww! angry angry angry angry
shocked shocked undecided
Re: Marrying A Girl From A Broken Home...does It Really Matter? by Nobody: 6:23pm On Nov 10, 2012
guy a babe from a broken go get a broken marriage wit u
Re: Marrying A Girl From A Broken Home...does It Really Matter? by otokx(m): 7:30pm On Nov 10, 2012
lefulefu: guy a babe from a broken go get a broken marriage wit u

lefulefu
Re: Marrying A Girl From A Broken Home...does It Really Matter? by otokx(m): 7:30pm On Nov 10, 2012
i think you should ask the redmosquito

1 Like

Re: Marrying A Girl From A Broken Home...does It Really Matter? by blackbeau1(f): 7:41pm On Nov 10, 2012
It depends on the girl.some people are affected by their parents separation .think and watch carefully
Re: Marrying A Girl From A Broken Home...does It Really Matter? by Ucheosefoh(m): 7:41pm On Nov 10, 2012
Mynd_44:
u dnt need 2 ask she is an example

1 Like

Re: Marrying A Girl From A Broken Home...does It Really Matter? by Nobody: 7:44pm On Nov 10, 2012
It might affect her psyche,but she can still be subjected to change through loving her,and making her appreciate the joy of family living together.

Most broken homes affects the kids mostly,cos growing up with a single parent aint easy at all.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Buy A Wife From Vietnam (100% virgin) / Why Do People Get Married Especially Men Knowing Fully Well They Can't Cater For / Why Do Siblings Become Less Friendly When They Grow?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.