Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,111 members, 7,814,899 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:33 PM

Guys, Can You Get Married To A Lady From A Broken Home?(separated Or Divorced). - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Guys, Can You Get Married To A Lady From A Broken Home?(separated Or Divorced). (36714 Views)

Zimbabwean Woman Married To Another Woman For 3 Years Just Found Out (pic) / Nigerian Couple Reconcile 31 Years After They Divorced / Separated From My Husband And He Is Keeping My Children From Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Guys, Can You Get Married To A Lady From A Broken Home?(separated Or Divorced). by BISIXCLUSIVE: 7:28pm On Feb 03, 2015
Please your candid advice needed. No insult
Re: Guys, Can You Get Married To A Lady From A Broken Home?(separated Or Divorced). by tpiah11: 7:33pm On Feb 03, 2015
YES.

any other questions?

and how does it concern you who anybody marries or wants to marry?

are you blaming somebody for your lack of husband?

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guys, Can You Get Married To A Lady From A Broken Home?(separated Or Divorced). by Alexk2(m): 8:00pm On Feb 03, 2015
sure...from experience, they are mostly very strong emotionally but i also know that it'll take you to be a good learning to come out strong and better from such home. It is important to always be ready to learn positively form every challenging condition; they all form our personality in life.

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Guys, Can You Get Married To A Lady From A Broken Home?(separated Or Divorced). by delugadou(m): 8:08pm On Feb 03, 2015
They turn me on. Their bride price doesn't cost much

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Guys, Can You Get Married To A Lady From A Broken Home?(separated Or Divorced). by Ayemco(f): 8:17pm On Feb 03, 2015
Pls OP,change ur "got to get"
No i can't

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Guys, Can You Get Married To A Lady From A Broken Home?(separated Or Divorced). by FavouredBee: 9:44pm On Feb 03, 2015
No big deal

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Guys, Can You Get Married To A Lady From A Broken Home?(separated Or Divorced). by lilmax(m): 10:16pm On Feb 03, 2015
No

2 Likes

Re: Guys, Can You Get Married To A Lady From A Broken Home?(separated Or Divorced). by BISIXCLUSIVE: 7:57am On Feb 04, 2015
lilmax:
No
Can u pls tell me your reasons?

1 Like

Re: Guys, Can You Get Married To A Lady From A Broken Home?(separated Or Divorced). by Jorussia(m): 8:37pm On Jul 22, 2015
BISIXCLUSIVE:
Please your candid advice needed. No insult
No,i can't marry each them.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Guys, Can You Get Married To A Lady From A Broken Home?(separated Or Divorced). by NifemiOlu(m): 12:13am On Jul 23, 2015
No. I can't 'got maried' to her. Odikwa uncool.
Many of them are always on the defensive because of their experiences. I've dated a girl on the defensive, it's really demanding.

4 Likes

Re: Guys, Can You Get Married To A Lady From A Broken Home?(separated Or Divorced). by Blade21: 12:51am On Jul 23, 2015
All d ppl saying NO y ? Are de not human beings hmmmm @ op ben from a seperated home doesn't matter de most important thing is de lady involved nd her ideas about marriage not de home she comes from #peace#

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Guys, Can You Get Married To A Lady From A Broken Home?(separated Or Divorced). by KanwuliaJara: 1:24am On Jul 23, 2015
Na who 'break' the home? undecided
Nor be the MEN? grin

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Guys, Can You Get Married To A Lady From A Broken Home?(separated Or Divorced). by Came: 12:47pm On Jul 23, 2015
If you say you cant marry someone from a broken home, what is the guarantee that your marriage to whoever you deem holy will last ?

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guys, Can You Get Married To A Lady From A Broken Home?(separated Or Divorced). by BISIXCLUSIVE: 8:20am On Sep 23, 2015
KanwuliaJara:
Na who 'break' the home? undecided Nor be the MEN? grin
I tire oooooooo

6 Likes

Re: Guys, Can You Get Married To A Lady From A Broken Home?(separated Or Divorced). by BISIXCLUSIVE: 8:20am On Sep 23, 2015
KanwuliaJara:
Na who 'break' the home? undecided Nor be the MEN? grin
I tire oooooooo

6 Likes

Re: Guys, Can You Get Married To A Lady From A Broken Home?(separated Or Divorced). by Dyt(f): 8:45am On Sep 23, 2015
There's almost nothing Nigerians don't tag discrimination with
Discriminate albinos
Stammers
Dumb
Handicapped
Sickle cell
Dwarf
Single mum
I can't name them all and now this

Grow up
undecided undecided

92 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Guys, Can You Get Married To A Lady From A Broken Home?(separated Or Divorced). by faith2ogesco(m): 9:25am On Sep 23, 2015
Never
Re: Guys, Can You Get Married To A Lady From A Broken Home?(separated Or Divorced). by Nobody: 1:45pm On Sep 23, 2015
It's a risky proposition. Most children from broken homes haven't been taught how to keep a relationship or home together and make one work; and most of them never bother to learn. E no dey hard dem to divorce at the slightest marital inconvenience or check out emotionally. They are usually biased against the estranged parent and the parent's gender due to one-sided accounts from custodial parents.

Anybody intending to marry a product of a broken home would do well to ensure due diligence in determining their marriage ideals and conflict resolution beliefs and methods.

71 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Guys, Can You Get Married To A Lady From A Broken Home?(separated Or Divorced). by TooNoisy(f): 1:59pm On Sep 23, 2015
Timbuktou:
It's a risky proposition. Most children from broken homes haven't been taught how to keep a relationship or home together and make one work; and most of them never bother to learn. E no dey hard dem to divorce at the slightest marital inconvenience or check out emotionally. They are usually biased against the estranged parent and the parent's gender due to one-sided accounts from custodial parents.

Anybody intending to marry a product of a broken home would do well to ensure due diligence in determining their marriage ideals and conflict resolution beliefs and methods.

Good advice! Some parents even tell their children that getting a divorce was the best thing they ever did. Those children may grow up to believe that divorce is an easy escape from marital challenges.

31 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Guys, Can You Get Married To A Lady From A Broken Home?(separated Or Divorced). by TooNoisy(f): 2:03pm On Sep 23, 2015
Dyt:
There's almost nothing Nigerians don't tag discrimination with
Discriminate albinos
Stammers
Dumb
Handicapped
Sickle cell
Dwarf
Single mum
I can't name them all and now this

Grow up
undecided undecided

Marriage itself is very discriminatory. If as a young lady, I have about 100,000 men that could potentially be a partner and I had to choose only one, then I will discriminate a whole lot. You will have to discriminate based on religion, height, weight, looks, character, feelings, culture, education, intelligence, background, etc

If you don't want to discriminate, you can go ahead and marry any man that proposes to you! The act of making one choice among so many potential choices is discriminatory.

93 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Guys, Can You Get Married To A Lady From A Broken Home?(separated Or Divorced). by Nobody: 2:33pm On Sep 23, 2015
TooNoisy:

Marriage itself is very discriminatory. If as a young lady, I have about 100,000 men that could potentially be a partner and I had to choose only one, then I will discriminate a whole lot. You will have to discriminate based on religion, height, weight, looks, character, feelings, culture, education, intelligence, background, etc

If you don't want to discriminate, you can go ahead and marry any man that proposes to you! The act of making one choice among so many potential choices is discriminatory.

25 Likes

Re: Guys, Can You Get Married To A Lady From A Broken Home?(separated Or Divorced). by Sparkles003(f): 5:05pm On Sep 23, 2015
kini big deal.
not her fault they separated or divorced.
they are even the best to get married to especially the spiritually grounded ones they give their best to their marriage so as no to be labeled
like daughter like mother or father

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guys, Can You Get Married To A Lady From A Broken Home?(separated Or Divorced). by faith2ogesco(m): 7:00pm On Sep 23, 2015
Sorry o. I misunderstood d question. Thought it was a divorcee. If its d child. Not raleey an issue.

2 Likes

Re: Guys, Can You Get Married To A Lady From A Broken Home?(separated Or Divorced). by faith2ogesco(m): 7:02pm On Sep 23, 2015
Sorry o. I misunderstood d question. Thought it was a divorcee. If its d child. Not really an issue but still an issue

1 Like

Re: Guys, Can You Get Married To A Lady From A Broken Home?(separated Or Divorced). by yetseyi(f): 10:21am On Sep 24, 2015
Timbuktou:

You are entitled to your opinion but using the word "most" in the first paragraph is wrong. Just say the ones you know. So children from complete families are the only ones taught how to keep a relationship or home together right?

Are you saying one should not find out the marriage ideals and conflict resolution methods of a "product" of a complete home because it is assumed that once you are from a complete home your marriage ideals are the best.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guys, Can You Get Married To A Lady From A Broken Home?(separated Or Divorced). by Shymm3x: 10:30am On Sep 24, 2015
yetseyi:

You are entitled to your opinion but using the word "most" in the first paragraph is wrong. Just say the ones you know. So children from complete families are the only ones taught how to keep a relationship or home together right?

Are you saying one should not find out the marriage ideals and conflict resolution methods of a "product" of a complete home because it is assumed that once you are from a complete home your marriage ideals are the best.

He's right though. Most women broken homes are somewhat problematic due to the lack of father figure in their lives, whilst growing up. It's a mental thing and once they get with a guy - they automatically expect him to provide what's lacking.

I don't know how to explain it...but you have to be with one to know how messed up they're.

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Guys, Can You Get Married To A Lady From A Broken Home?(separated Or Divorced). by yetseyi(f): 10:36am On Sep 24, 2015
Shymm3x:

He's right though. Most women broken homes are somewhat problematic due to the lack of father figure in their lives, whilst growing up. It's a mental thing and once they get with a guy - they automatically expect him to provide what's lacking.

I don't know how to explain it...but you have to be with one to know how messed up they're.

Hi, where have you been?

I have a problem with the word "most" and you are using it again lool. Father figure? What if its a mother figure that is absent?

How many people from broken families do you know, or have you met. So people from broken families are messed up abi.

What about the families that are living together but they are apart in the real sense. Is this assumption applicable to them?

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guys, Can You Get Married To A Lady From A Broken Home?(separated Or Divorced). by Shymm3x: 10:45am On Sep 24, 2015
yetseyi:

Hi, where have you been?

I have a problem with the word "most" and you are using it again lool. Father figure? What if its a mother figure that is absent?

How many people from broken families do you know, or have you met. So people from broken families are messed up abi.

What about the families that are living together but they are apart in the real sense. Is this assumption applicable to them?

I'm good, sis...and you?

Lmao @ how many people from broken families do I know and have I met. grin

Well, I know gazillion of them and I'd say I know gazillion of them. Heck, most of the folks I grew up with were from broken homes and if you know how the black family is out here, you'd know that there are more people from broken homes than folks who had their mums and dads in their lives.

Anyway, I agreed with him cos I've been with chics from broken homes and the emotional baggage that comes with them, is just too much pressure.

And you also have the nonsense their mums must have subconsciously instilled in them over time about men cos of their dads. So they always deal with guys based on the image they have in their heads about men. That's just the reality.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Guys, Can You Get Married To A Lady From A Broken Home?(separated Or Divorced). by yetseyi(f): 10:55am On Sep 24, 2015
Shymm3x:

I'm good, sis...and you?

Lmao @ how many people from broken families do I know and have I met. grin

Well, I know gazillion of them and I'd say I know gazillion of them. Heck, most of the folks I grew up with were from broken homes and if you know how the black family is out here, you'd know that there are more people from broken homes than folks who had their mums and dads in their lives.

Anyway, I agreed with him cos I've been with chics from broken homes and the emotional baggage that comes with them, is just too much pressure.

And you also have the nonsense their mums must have subconsciously instilled in them over time about men cos of their dads. So they always deal with guys based on the image they have in their heads about men. That's just the reality.

I am good thank you.

Loool I almost forgot you are a NID.

Anyway I don't agree with the both of you. angry angry angry. I just don't like all this discrimination that's all, I have met a lot that are the opposite of what you are talking about.

6 Likes

Re: Guys, Can You Get Married To A Lady From A Broken Home?(separated Or Divorced). by Shymm3x: 11:08am On Sep 24, 2015
yetseyi:

I am good thank you.

Loool I almost forgot you are a NID.

Anyway I don't agree with the both of you. angry angry angry. I just don't like all this discrimination that's all, I have met a lot that are the opposite of what you are talking about.

Nah, I'm not a Nigerian in Diaspora like these village ones - I'm a Nigerian from diaspora. So the experience speaks for itself.

Anyway, chics from broken homes do make great mums but in relationships and maybe as wives (not married so I don't know if they make good wives), they are just too problematic. Only a patient guy who doesn't care about being a dad and a partner at the same time can deal with them. If you don't have that type of patience - it is always better to stay away from them.

Are you from a broken home?

4 Likes

Re: Guys, Can You Get Married To A Lady From A Broken Home?(separated Or Divorced). by yetseyi(f): 11:33am On Sep 24, 2015
Shymm3x:

Nah, I'm not a Nigerian in Diaspora like these village ones - I'm a Nigerian from diaspora. So the experience speaks for itself.

Anyway, chics from broken homes do make great mums but in relationships and maybe as wives (not married so I don't know if they make good wives), they are just too problematic. Only a patient guy who doesn't care about being a dad and a partner at the same time can deal with them. If you don't have that type of patience - it is always better to stay away from them.

Are you from a broken home?

Loool let "them" catch you I wont defend you at all.

Another assumption and I don't agree with you.

About your question what do you think? just guess.

1 Like

Re: Guys, Can You Get Married To A Lady From A Broken Home?(separated Or Divorced). by tpiander: 12:06pm On Sep 24, 2015
yetseyi:

Loool let "them" catch you I wont defend you at all.

Another assumption and I don't agree with you.

About your question what do you think? just guess.

Just drop pictures of half na.ked women or transgenders on the thread and he and the other hypocrites will shutup.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Nigerian Couple Reunited After 10 Years And Died 24hours Later In Horrible / Valentine: IgbereTV Boss, Anyalekwa Gifts Wife Benz C-Class Kompressor (Photos) / My Dad Abandoned Us In The Hospital - Nigerian Lady

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.