Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,829 members, 7,810,185 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:46 PM

Achebe's Book Is "Fictitous, Full Of Lies" - Ozodi Thomas Osuji - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Achebe's Book Is "Fictitous, Full Of Lies" - Ozodi Thomas Osuji (28439 Views)

PMB: The Dangers Of One-man-show - Steve Osuji (The Nation) / El-Rufai 's Book Is Full Of Lies - Atiku Abubakar / ‘achebe’s Book Is Replete With Inaccurate Facts, Claims’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Achebe's Book Is "Fictitous, Full Of Lies" - Ozodi Thomas Osuji by Bolan123: 11:26pm On Nov 10, 2012
felifeli:

Sir who is WE and what does all you have written mean in plain English ? This is the first time I am knowing Osuji and I am afraid he has come across more intelligible than in your feeble obfuscation.

Will u shut up and learn. How can somebody with ur kind of brain understand what Nku5 is saying? Nonsense.

2 Likes

Re: Achebe's Book Is "Fictitous, Full Of Lies" - Ozodi Thomas Osuji by EkoIle1: 11:27pm On Nov 10, 2012
Onlytruth:

Dude thanks for all the pictures. Our pride increases astronomically each time we view them.
Please keep them coming! wink cool

Unfortunately for your dumb a/a/ss, I don't give a fcukkkk about your fcukking pride, this is for my own personal enjoyment...

Now, FUCKKK off with your okporoko breath...
Re: Achebe's Book Is "Fictitous, Full Of Lies" - Ozodi Thomas Osuji by gidiMonsta(m): 11:27pm On Nov 10, 2012
Onlytruth:

No wonder why the guy reasons though his rear orifice.

I've always known that anytime anyone only sees the problems of his so called tribesmen alone, while turning blind eye to problems of others, it usually stems from issues of corrupted, questionable, or malcontent roots.

Poor soul. sad

Alainironu oshi, prove that he's lying and stop this mudslinging. I thought you were the Eze, you should be more knowledgeable than this. Odeet
Re: Achebe's Book Is "Fictitous, Full Of Lies" - Ozodi Thomas Osuji by Onlytruth(m): 11:28pm On Nov 10, 2012
Eko Ile:

Unfortunately for your dumb a/a/ss, I don't give a fcukkkk about your fcukking pride, this is for my own personal enjoyment...

Now, FUCKKK off with your okporoko breath...

Eh, have you run out of pictures? lol
Na wa o.

1 Like

Re: Achebe's Book Is "Fictitous, Full Of Lies" - Ozodi Thomas Osuji by Bolan123: 11:29pm On Nov 10, 2012
nku5:
Contd.

I am not in this enterprise to defend Achebe. A legend needs no defence. He is more than able to do that for himself. A lion’s aura is more than enough defence for him. (Ebube Agu na eche Agu!!!) Moreover, a critique of anyone who puts anything in the public space, including Achebe, is part of disputation, which has been of the most ancient provenance in the academia. Disputation has been an august part of the intellectual tradition since the earliest days of ancient philosophers. People, who have written “tractas”, had seen others come up with “contra-tractas”. This is because every thesis gives room for an antithesis in the spirit of dialectics. To that end, that Achebe generates controversies or that someone could criticize Achebe is not the point. It is a healthy way of furthering human knowledge and pushing back the frontiers of ignorance. It is in fact encouraged. In that way, Achebe and other greats of his ilk, are compelled or configured to yield the depth of their genius for our eternal edification and education. But a psychotic insult of a universal master like Achebe, in the name of critique, is a not only a crime against good sense, or a symptom of an idiotic mind, filled with no substance other than sound and fury; but a great disservice to genius and the spirit of achievement, which has forever driven human civilization. And such wooden apologetics of deranged nature should never be allowed to go unchallenged.

Osuji’s critique of Achebe was a string of disjointed illogicalities scaffolded by his deep-seated Igbophobia. His critique of Achebe tells a lot about himself. This made us to run some searches on who this phantom is. And there is no better way to understand a man than from his words about himself and about issues. What we discovered about this man, was a frightening history of psychiatric illness, which has battered his mental landscape so much so as to left him a vulnerable ruin. That Mr. Ozodi Osuji is an extreme psychiatric case is not a metaphor. Read for yourself, what he wrote about himself in one moment of honest clarity. On the website

http://magazine.biafranigeriaworld.com/ozodi-osuji.html; he wrote his profile. I reproduce that below. You can see Ozodi Osuji in his own words. Pay attention to the words. The fearfulness of this person’s derangement becomes a worrisome reality, on encountering self descriptions like the one he made of himself as follows: Happy reading

I wanted to seem important, perfect, ideal, superior and powerful. I felt like I was not good enough and compensated with desire to be good, in fact, to be perfect. 

Given my weak body and the toughness of the physical environment that I had to adapt to, I necessarily felt physically weak, and developed psychological sense of inferiority.

Later on in life, I developed an interesting lifestyle. When I did not immediately get what I wanted, I felt angry. For example, if I was kept waiting on a line before the school clerk etc got to me, I felt furious at her. To this day, I feel angry when I stand on long lines, waiting my turn to be served. For example, if a bank teller is taking a long time getting to me, I feel angry at her. Of course, I keep quiet about it and do not tell her what I feel. I know better than to tell her so.

I have been a failure in many areas of my life. I have been a failure at school, sports, interpersonal relationships, work and making money. The reason for my failure in these various arenas of life is my underlying sense of inferiority and desire to seem superior. I want to seem important and fear being unimportant.

I am proud of u.

3 Likes

Re: Achebe's Book Is "Fictitous, Full Of Lies" - Ozodi Thomas Osuji by Dede1(m): 11:31pm On Nov 10, 2012
Balkan:

It's the truth my brother we are from the same village.
Just verify this. De Osuji has an Igbo wife. Titi has another child a girl both Ozodi and Chika are living in the US. Madan Titi is late, she was buried in Osun state.

Igbo people said that when a diety becomes so stubbon and proud, you show him the tree he was calved out from.

I learnt Thomas Osuji has been declared persona non grata at the village level. I do not know if the declaration made him permanent sojourner in Portland, Oregon. It is unfortunate that a person without a wife or family chose northwestern USA as place of abode.
Re: Achebe's Book Is "Fictitous, Full Of Lies" - Ozodi Thomas Osuji by EkoIle1: 11:34pm On Nov 10, 2012

Crowds in Lagos celebrate Biafra's surrender on January 12, 1970.
Re: Achebe's Book Is "Fictitous, Full Of Lies" - Ozodi Thomas Osuji by Dede1(m): 11:39pm On Nov 10, 2012
Ngodigha:
WHILE YOUR HAWOLOWO WAS BUSY WITH YOUR PEOPLE HERE, FOOL

No wonder Yoruba seem to be deadly sacred whenever the need to disintegrate Nigeria is mentioned. The kids in this picture appeared already malnourished in the time of peace. What would happen if southwestern Nigeria is under military siege for a month?

3 Likes

Re: Achebe's Book Is "Fictitous, Full Of Lies" - Ozodi Thomas Osuji by Balkan(m): 11:42pm On Nov 10, 2012
The birth Ozodi was so controversial that the middle name THOMAS was given by the mother Titi bc every body in the family was doubting the paternity of Ozodi.

Their real family name is Nwosuji.
Re: Achebe's Book Is "Fictitous, Full Of Lies" - Ozodi Thomas Osuji by Ngodigha: 11:42pm On Nov 10, 2012
Onlytruth:

Eh, bros was there a war here too?
Noops, at peace time, Awolowo was busy celebrating with kids in his region who are na.ked.

1 Like

Re: Achebe's Book Is "Fictitous, Full Of Lies" - Ozodi Thomas Osuji by Biafrarep(m): 11:42pm On Nov 10, 2012
This is the first time i am hearing such name, this psychopath called Ozodi is a delusional cheap attention seeker who has not contributed anything in his entire miserable life, obviously his off the mark treatise smacks of jealousy and frustration of monumental proportion, Achebe is a great man,Africa's greatest writer ever, my role model, a person who calls a spade, a spade, no matter whose ox is gored. i have never seen a bigger fool in my entire life, this mad dog called Ozodi is a disgrace to humanity, for peddling falsehood against Achebe and the Igbo race, he remains a cursed by man till the day he dies an obscure death and is buried as a riff-raff that he is. GOD WILL CONTINUE TO BLESS ACHEBE, OUR HERO, WE LOVE YOU SIR.

1 Like

Re: Achebe's Book Is "Fictitous, Full Of Lies" - Ozodi Thomas Osuji by PROUDIGBO(m): 11:44pm On Nov 10, 2012
Eko Ile:

Igbo 'soldier' carrying a wounded comrade Biafra Nigeria April 1968
These are boys...and yet when we talk about African child soldiers no one ever seems to refer to the first...Biafran boys!

^^^Pray what makes you think those are soldiers and not innocent victims of your black scorpions murderous intent of shooting at anything that moves?......or victims of one of awo/gowons' numerous evil plots to win the war by bombing markets and schools?

1 Like

Re: Achebe's Book Is "Fictitous, Full Of Lies" - Ozodi Thomas Osuji by samkoro: 11:49pm On Nov 10, 2012
OSuji is as ficticious as his write-up.A broke nonentity seeking pocket money from yorubas.He has been paid to thwart the truth,but he has already failed before he started.He is trying to wipe the guilty conscience of those who chose evil as a way of life .Whose Fathers committed suicide as a result.

The book has been written for younger Igbo generationms to shine their eyes and not be taken unawares by those whose hearts are full of evil.

2 Likes

Re: Achebe's Book Is "Fictitous, Full Of Lies" - Ozodi Thomas Osuji by Dede1(m): 11:50pm On Nov 10, 2012
Balkan: The birth Ozodi was so controversial that the middle name THOMAS was given by the mother Titi bc every body in the family was doubting the paternity of Ozodi.

Does he know his real family name?

1 Like

Re: Achebe's Book Is "Fictitous, Full Of Lies" - Ozodi Thomas Osuji by seanet01: 11:51pm On Nov 10, 2012
Dede1:

No wonder Yoruba seem to be deadly sacred whenever the need to disintegrate Nigeria is mentioned. The kids in this picture appeared already malnourished in the time of peace. What would happen if southwestern Nigeria is under military siege for a month?
dende which assorted weed did you smoke today?
Re: Achebe's Book Is "Fictitous, Full Of Lies" - Ozodi Thomas Osuji by EkoIle1: 11:57pm On Nov 10, 2012
PROUD-IGBO:

^^^Pray what makes you think those are soldiers and not innocent victims of your black scorpions murderous intent of shooting at anything that moves?......or victims of one of awo/gowons' numerous evil plots to win the war by bombing markets and schools?

You must have studied propaganda on the laps of bitter old ashebe..
Re: Achebe's Book Is "Fictitous, Full Of Lies" - Ozodi Thomas Osuji by dayokanu(m): 12:01am On Nov 11, 2012
Uppercut on Achebe
Re: Achebe's Book Is "Fictitous, Full Of Lies" - Ozodi Thomas Osuji by samkoro: 12:02am On Nov 11, 2012
Ha! Ha! Ha!..... I can't stop laughing .The thomas had something to do with mental people.He had worked with mad people and therefore bacame mad.

Please read this.

Ozodi Thomas Osuji is from Umuohiagu (close to Owerri) in Imo State, Nigeria. Ozodi has doctorate degree from the University of California, Los Angeles. Upon completing his dissertation he secured a professorial position at California State University, Dominguez. After a while it occurred to him that he had spent his ten years in America at college campuses and, as such, does not know how the real America works. He, therefore, decided to leave academia for a while (his intention was to return to it) to go gain real world experience. Thus, he moved to Portland, Oregon and worked for the county mental health system and rose to be the director (N/NE Community Mental Health Center). From there he moved to Seattle and did a similar job (Administrator of Central Area Mental Health) and to Alaska where he was a city
Re: Achebe's Book Is "Fictitous, Full Of Lies" - Ozodi Thomas Osuji by Ogonimilitant(m): 12:03am On Nov 11, 2012
Balkan: The birth Ozodi was so controversial that the middle name THOMAS was given by the mother Titi bc every body in the family was doubting the paternity of Ozodi.

Are you saying that this Osuji guy is actually Yoruba? This version of your story makes sense to me.

This Thomas guy is not Igbo as he is claiming, no wonder

1 Like

Re: Achebe's Book Is "Fictitous, Full Of Lies" - Ozodi Thomas Osuji by seanet01: 12:04am On Nov 11, 2012
Eko Ile:

Crowds in Lagos celebrate Biafra's surrender on January 12, 1970.
Na real celebration!
Re: Achebe's Book Is "Fictitous, Full Of Lies" - Ozodi Thomas Osuji by Nobody: 12:05am On Nov 11, 2012
Ozodi is a fine gentleman, balanced, objective and methodical in deconstructing the nonsense Achebe called a memoir. He is in league of many who truly see beyond the hype of Things Fall Apart- a thoroughly copy and paste book devoid of originality that accompanies work of fiction. Achebe, to put it mildly, is a lazy writer whose imaginative thought is greatly limited. You can not be writing about yourself, in all cases, and yet be crying perennially to be awarded the highest prize in literature. I don't see any reason while such a fellow be nominated for a Nobel Prize.

I have read again and again this piece by Ozodi and there is just not a single line that seems to be misplaced or out of tune with reality. Ozodi understands and sees Achebe for who he is: a lazy, hate filled, bitter old child who has refused for years to grow up. Let the e-Biafrans on this forum be hailing Achebe while the rest of humanity simply derisively laugh at his utter stupidity.

1 Like

Re: Achebe's Book Is "Fictitous, Full Of Lies" - Ozodi Thomas Osuji by samkoro: 12:08am On Nov 11, 2012
samkoro: Ha! Ha! Ha!..... I can't stop laughing .The thomas had something to do with mental people.He had worked with mad people and therefore bacame mad.

Please read this.

Ozodi Thomas Osuji is from Umuohiagu (close to Owerri) in Imo State, Nigeria. Ozodi has doctorate degree from the University of California, Los Angeles. Upon completing his dissertation he secured a professorial position at California State University, Dominguez. After a while it occurred to him that he had spent his ten years in America at college campuses and, as such, does not know how the real America works. He, therefore, decided to leave academia for a while (his intention was to return to it) to go gain real world experience. Thus, he moved to Portland, Oregon and worked for the county mental health system and rose to be the director (N/NE Community Mental Health Center). From there he moved to Seattle and did a similar job (Administrator of Central Area Mental Health) and to Alaska where he was a city

1)He never realised himself until after 10 years.

2)When he realised himself,he chose a mental home to work in,believing that is where real America is.

3)He is a mental patient for believing that real America is one big mental home.

4)When I read the post,I was convinced beyond all reasonable doubt the writter must be mad.Then I checked him out,and alas! I was right.

1 Like

Re: Achebe's Book Is "Fictitous, Full Of Lies" - Ozodi Thomas Osuji by Ogonimilitant(m): 12:10am On Nov 11, 2012
samkoro: Ha! Ha! Ha!..... I can't stop laughing .The thomas had something to do with mental people.He had worked with mad people and therefore bacame mad.

Please read this.

For real? Laugh wan kill meooo.

1 Like

Re: Achebe's Book Is "Fictitous, Full Of Lies" - Ozodi Thomas Osuji by aribisala0(m): 12:12am On Nov 11, 2012
"What is the truth, if I may ask? Is the truth what Achebe says that it is? Is the truth what Igbos say is the truth? Since when have one people determined the truth?

Generally, the truth lies somewhere in between what combatants say it is. Achebe presented his perception of the truth and did not tell us what Nigerians believe is the truth. The truth probably lies in between what Igbos and other Nigerians say is the truth."

Whether or not the man is crazy is not important what is is that the descendants of Biafran veterans must reconcile themselves with the fact that they lost the war and times have moved on. There is no higher moral ground in war just winners and losers.
Re: Achebe's Book Is "Fictitous, Full Of Lies" - Ozodi Thomas Osuji by Nobody: 12:12am On Nov 11, 2012
Ngodigha:
Castrated retardo, don't engage your idiotic self in a thread you know nothing about, get lost, asz-rappingg monkey.

No single intelligent contribution, you're just barking like a castrated dog which you really are. I don't expect more from a confused lobotomised ape like you. Cretinous person
Re: Achebe's Book Is "Fictitous, Full Of Lies" - Ozodi Thomas Osuji by samkoro: 12:16am On Nov 11, 2012
Those pictures energises me in a way nothing else can do.Keep bringing them.It reminds me a lot
Re: Achebe's Book Is "Fictitous, Full Of Lies" - Ozodi Thomas Osuji by Nobody: 12:17am On Nov 11, 2012
samkoro:

1)He never realised himself until after 10 years.

2)When he realised himself,he chose a mental home to work in,believing that is where real America is.

3)He is a mental patient for believing that real America is one big mental home.

4)When I read the post,I was convinced beyond all reasonable doubt the writter must be mad.Then I checked him out,and alas! I was right.

You're just making mockery of yourself dude, if he decided to work in the mental health industry that doesn't made him a mental health patient. In the USA people only get jobs they are qualified for. His experience and training as a mental health worker makes it easy to understand the mental state of ashebe and many of his deluded followers.
Re: Achebe's Book Is "Fictitous, Full Of Lies" - Ozodi Thomas Osuji by aribisala0(m): 12:20am On Nov 11, 2012
Without reading his CV it would be clear that he has more than a lay knowledge of psychiatry from his choice of words particularly in analysing Achebe. It is a fact that Achebe was in charge of propaganda for Biafra and that cannot but taint his account in the judgment of any neutral. We must learn to have debates and disagreements without abuse and name calling. Ultimately Biafran apologists must accept as this guy says THE TRUTH LIES IN THE MIDDLE SOMEWHERE. No one has a monopoly of truth.
Leaving his remarks on Achebe and Igbos to one side. He makes very good sense about ALL black people in general and there is enough material for reflection for any African with some sense.
As far as "MAD PEOPLE" goes we just call it different names but all those people in churches muttering and grimacing writhing and convulsing in Jesus name are all quite mad too close to half of Nigerians are insane
Re: Achebe's Book Is "Fictitous, Full Of Lies" - Ozodi Thomas Osuji by samkoro: 12:26am On Nov 11, 2012
SO DEAR NAIRALANDERS,it has been disovered that Thomas worked with mad people.

Mad you-robbers sponsored him to do the write up and then mad You-robbers posted it on nairaland

.Making up chain of mad fools in a single file like Zombies.

1 Like

Re: Achebe's Book Is "Fictitous, Full Of Lies" - Ozodi Thomas Osuji by Balkan(m): 12:27am On Nov 11, 2012
Prof Corruption: Ozodi is a fine gentleman, balanced, objective and methodical in deconstructing the nonsense Achebe called a memoir. He is in league of many who truly see beyond the hype of Things Fall Apart- a thoroughly copy and paste book devoid of originality that accompanies work of fiction. Achebe, to put it mildly, is a lazy writer whose imaginative thought is greatly limited. You can not be writing about yourself, in all cases, and yet be crying perennially to be awarded the highest prize in literature. I don't see any reason while such a fellow be nominated for a Nobel Prize.

I have read again and again this piece by Ozodi and there is just not a single line that seems to be misplaced or out of tune with reality. Ozodi understands and sees Achebe for who he is: a lazy, hate filled, bitter old child who has refused for years to grow up. Let the e-Biafrans on this forum be hailing Achebe while the rest of humanity simply derisively laugh at his utter stupidity.

The man Thomas Ozodi is not an Igbo man, don't you have brain to discern the truth? The guy is your Ofenmanu brother. Your sister Titi got pregnant to a Yoruba man that she refused to mention untill when she was sick.

My village people and Nwosuji family rejected Thomas Ozodi. Come to our villge and mention that name and see the response you will get.

You guys are fond of claiming Igbo

1 Like

Re: Achebe's Book Is "Fictitous, Full Of Lies" - Ozodi Thomas Osuji by tomakint: 12:27am On Nov 11, 2012
I may not have read Achebe's book, but I have gone thru a thorough preview of the four chaptered 333-page book in a most concise manner.Indeed, Osuji must be a 'Clown from Mars' to label such a detailed piece Lies and Fiction, not even our own Wole Soyinka would say that. I now have every reason to agree with samkoro that the said Osuji might be mentally unbalanced and perhaps still looking for his identity!

1 Like

Re: Achebe's Book Is "Fictitous, Full Of Lies" - Ozodi Thomas Osuji by samkoro: 12:29am On Nov 11, 2012
inufele2:

You're just making mockery of yourself dude, if he decided to work in the mental health industry that doesn't made him a mental health patient. In the USA people only get jobs they are qualified for. His experience and training as a mental health worker makes it easy to understand the mental state of ashebe and many of his deluded followers.

Shot your smelling cavity,you ignorant and flying pig.Don't you know that those who work in mental homes are affected by the aura of mad people around.Even some that are not strong spiritualy become possessed by demons

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (17) (Reply)

Reno Omokri Throws A Shade At Kwankwaso For Meeting Jonathan / My Encounter With An Armed Robber This Afternoon / Ofiafuluagu Mbaka, Steve Eboh Visit Nnamdi Kanu At His Residence (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.