Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,173 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:49 AM

My Encounter With An Armed Robber This Afternoon - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Encounter With An Armed Robber This Afternoon (28463 Views)

Suicide Bomber Strikes In Borno Market This Afternoon / Buhari Attended Jumaat Prayers At Mambila Mosque Earlier This Afternoon [photos] / My Encounter With Robbers At Mile2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Encounter With An Armed Robber This Afternoon by validplanet: 8:20pm On Oct 15, 2013
the location was this primary school besides st stephen's anglican church umuahia on niger road by eket street (cant remember the name).
i was just sitting outside one of the classrooms there around 2pm watching some kids play football in the field while enjoying my banana.

i noticed a young man, quite some distance away towards a bush in the school compd carrying a black polythene bag. he walked to me and sat besides me. next he asked me when the footballers are going to come around. i just told him " i dont know" and continued with my banana. his next question was " do u stay around here?" my reply "no, my house is quite far" . next thing was for him to show me the content of the polythene bag and thats a gun.

he asked me to give him some thing. i asked " what do u want?" his reply was that i should give him anything i have......

3 Likes

Re: My Encounter With An Armed Robber This Afternoon by UyiIredia(m): 8:28pm On Oct 15, 2013
Waiting for an update.

2 Likes

Re: My Encounter With An Armed Robber This Afternoon by validplanet: 8:30pm On Oct 15, 2013
at moment i was still relaxed. i told him its true the is hardship in the country. we all know that, but its not enough to make him do what he is doing. i brought out N500 from my pocket and handed it to him and told him he should take that and enjoy his day. his response was to call me a correct guy but said there must be more in the pocket that i should bring them out.

6 Likes

Re: My Encounter With An Armed Robber This Afternoon by Nobody: 8:40pm On Oct 15, 2013
Ok more pls

1 Like

Re: My Encounter With An Armed Robber This Afternoon by validplanet: 8:40pm On Oct 15, 2013
well... i cant just remember our conversation exactly. i can remember i was bold enough to advice him to go and learn a skill. i gave him an example of some youth members in our church who learning one skill or the other. i look at him and to him he is able bodied, strong and handsome, that he just needed to find something doing. after that he should look for a lady that is also working and get married..... and that breakthrough may come from his wife's connection and all that. he listened to me patiently...

4 Likes

Re: My Encounter With An Armed Robber This Afternoon by validplanet: 8:42pm On Oct 15, 2013
still with his gun pointed at me, but inside the polythene bag. so, pple passing on the road wont notice anything wrong btw us
Re: My Encounter With An Armed Robber This Afternoon by validplanet: 8:47pm On Oct 15, 2013
but there's something i said along the line that got him angry. i guess it was when i told him am not afraid of dying. i told him how i have seen cultists gun down a final year student on campus. i told him i've commited my life to god and am not afraid of dying.

4 Likes

Re: My Encounter With An Armed Robber This Afternoon by validplanet: 8:52pm On Oct 15, 2013
o boy. the young man got provoked. he stood up and wanted to test the gun on my leg. he wanted to know if God wld make it not to work...

haa! i told him to calm down...and emptied my pockets for him.... N2000 plus

54 Likes

Re: My Encounter With An Armed Robber This Afternoon by ifyalways(f): 8:56pm On Oct 15, 2013
LMAO.

Just enter Arochukwu street go report am give Joe-King Jaquar. cheesy Super story.

You go deserted school building go eat banana? You sef never tok wetin you dey find.
Talk true jor,na ganja you go smoke dia,the banana was for stepping down.LOL

67 Likes

Re: My Encounter With An Armed Robber This Afternoon by validplanet: 9:01pm On Oct 15, 2013
eposho: Go to romance section. Hollywood story.

unbelievable, right? dont bother to read.

but if any of the security agents in umuahia should come across this post. the should know that particular primary school serves as a hide outs for these young men.

i guess am wasting my time typing this.

2 Likes

Re: My Encounter With An Armed Robber This Afternoon by Tolexander: 9:08pm On Oct 15, 2013
OP, Wale Adenuga will very much appreciate your application letter as a script writer.
Stop wasting your talent on nairaland that will fetch you nothing!

5 Likes

Re: My Encounter With An Armed Robber This Afternoon by eposho: 9:18pm On Oct 15, 2013
Am watching England v Poland , umuahia is less of my worry.
U go talk if you see armed robber ?
A beg make I hear word.

1 Like

Re: My Encounter With An Armed Robber This Afternoon by ednut1(m): 9:31pm On Oct 15, 2013
Eyah jst left umuahia saturday, dry town, na so dem dey rob corpers despite all d aboki soldiers der
Re: My Encounter With An Armed Robber This Afternoon by Tuntheycr7: 9:44pm On Oct 15, 2013
Preachin to a thief with a gun pointed at you?
So na who kon wake u 4rm ya dreams?
Dreams cud b so funny sumtyms

1 Like

Re: My Encounter With An Armed Robber This Afternoon by AnOlAd: 9:49pm On Oct 15, 2013
Damn some people on nairaland are so messed up, someone sharing is story and you guys are responding so harshly.. Na wa oooo...

29 Likes

Re: My Encounter With An Armed Robber This Afternoon by ifyalways(f): 10:06pm On Oct 15, 2013
Dis tori don reach front page already?

Mu che che cheesy

Dayo and co,sunday food don land. Its Y''ibo bashing time. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: My Encounter With An Armed Robber This Afternoon by Licensed2Kill(m): 10:09pm On Oct 15, 2013
Seems lyk an hungry common thief
Re: My Encounter With An Armed Robber This Afternoon by BabaAlabi: 10:09pm On Oct 15, 2013
So na empty primary school be the best location to chop banana.....I smell lies.
Re: My Encounter With An Armed Robber This Afternoon by GooseBaba: 10:10pm On Oct 15, 2013
validplanet: o boy. the young man got provoked. he stood up and wanted to test the gun on my leg. he wanted to know if God wld make it not to work...

haa! i told him to calm down...and emptied my pockets for him.... N2000 plus

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.....!!!! You go fear fear....na God save you say you humble yourself face reality sharp sharp..

3 Likes

Re: My Encounter With An Armed Robber This Afternoon by 01mcfadden(m): 10:10pm On Oct 15, 2013
To many doubting thomas here....they think everybody is a lie fabricator just like them.

6 Likes

Re: My Encounter With An Armed Robber This Afternoon by AlfaSeltzer(m): 10:10pm On Oct 15, 2013
ifyalways: Dis tori don reach front page already?

Mu che che cheesy

Dayo and co,sunday food don land. Its Y''ibo bashing time. cheesy

Calling your husbands?

3 Likes

Re: My Encounter With An Armed Robber This Afternoon by 9ijaprince(m): 10:11pm On Oct 15, 2013
I think we should allow OP to finish his story before making judgements. Maybe we will learn something from him.

3 Likes

Re: My Encounter With An Armed Robber This Afternoon by Nobody: 10:12pm On Oct 15, 2013
Nairaland tooo funny, see abro advising armed robber.

3 Likes

Re: My Encounter With An Armed Robber This Afternoon by otijah(m): 10:14pm On Oct 15, 2013
OP u think say we be children abi? Don't try this next time, cause na insults u go recieve
Re: My Encounter With An Armed Robber This Afternoon by Dygeasy(m): 10:15pm On Oct 15, 2013
gringringrin
Re: My Encounter With An Armed Robber This Afternoon by Codedrock(m): 10:15pm On Oct 15, 2013
Thank God we no dey see any ASUU comment again o..

1 Like

Re: My Encounter With An Armed Robber This Afternoon by collynzo2(m): 10:16pm On Oct 15, 2013
eposho: Go to romance section. Hollywood story.
Literature section you mean?
Re: My Encounter With An Armed Robber This Afternoon by bigx(m): 10:18pm On Oct 15, 2013
una don pursue brother o
Re: My Encounter With An Armed Robber This Afternoon by Codedrock(m): 10:19pm On Oct 15, 2013
validplanet: but there's something i said along the line that got him angry. i guess it was when i told him am not afraid of dying. i told him how i have seen cultists gun down a final year student on campus. i told him i've commited my life to god and am not afraid of dying.

when will nigerians stop using AM FOR I'M? Even our celebs make same mistake on twitter.

28 Likes

Re: My Encounter With An Armed Robber This Afternoon by otijah(m): 10:19pm On Oct 15, 2013
AnOlAd: Damn some people on nairaland are so messed up, someone sharing is story and you guys are responding so harshly.. Na wa oooo...
so u expect us to believe this story, sorry for urself
Re: My Encounter With An Armed Robber This Afternoon by GeneralShepherd(m): 10:20pm On Oct 15, 2013
So you applied common sense, why didn't you bind the power behind d bullet?

Na your obituary for dey front page

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Buhari Fired AMCON MD, Mustafa Chike-obi - Premium Times / Osun Tribunal: I Didn’t Forge Certificate, School Made Mistake – Adeleke / Obasanjo Is The Most Visible Member Of The Nigerian Mafia – Dele Momodu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.