Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,070 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:59 AM

If You Were Raped, Would You Have An Abortion? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / If You Were Raped, Would You Have An Abortion? (5512 Views)

‘how We Were Raped’ / How Can I Tell If She Has Had An Abortion Before? / He Wants His Child After Telling Me To Go For An Abortion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

If You Were Raped, Would You Have An Abortion? by Nobody: 12:37am On Nov 11, 2012
I would not get an abortion. It would give it up for adoption or keep the baby depend on what my life circumstances were at the time. If, for whatever reason, I decided to keep the baby, I would tell it later in life that I didn't know who it's father was. Yes, I would lie. Why put the kid through the awful details?

If I decided to give it up for adoption, Parents who adopt are not going to care if the baby was a product of rape, they would just be happy to have a child and will love it like nothing else.

1 Like

Re: If You Were Raped, Would You Have An Abortion? by Nobody: 3:55am On Nov 11, 2012
Abortion or adoption only. I could not keep a r@pe baby..
Re: If You Were Raped, Would You Have An Abortion? by Flashaldrin(m): 3:56am On Nov 11, 2012
This has always been an area of interest to me in terms of the morality in abortion.
Of course abortion may be illegal but then we know that there are several situations were its accepted eg. If the health of the mother is endangered.
Who defined health not only as the physical well being but also as the mental and emotional well being.
R.ape is a very emotionally distabilizing experience on its own that leaves the victim with an enormous hatred and animousity towards the rapist.
Now while you are still passing through the shame and emotional trauma of being raped you also find out that you're pregnant, it implies the following
1. The child will be borne out of hatred and will always remind you of that experience.
2. You'll have to explain to the child that his father is a rapist. You'll have to deal with that too.
3. It will distabilize all your life plans, social life, educational, religious, family, society, marriage-wise etc
everywhere you'll go about bearing the banner of the rapped woman who also has a bastard child to show for it.
But all this can be avoided by taking just some pills hours after the experience when the foetus isnt even yet conceived.
Re: If You Were Raped, Would You Have An Abortion? by Nobody: 3:58am On Nov 11, 2012
Pills might not work.
Re: If You Were Raped, Would You Have An Abortion? by Flashaldrin(m): 4:31am On Nov 11, 2012
SniperInADiaper: Pills might not work.
depends on the pill.
Re: If You Were Raped, Would You Have An Abortion? by Nobody: 4:32am On Nov 11, 2012
Flashaldrin:
depends on the pill.

Please tell me which pill is 100% effective and has NEVER failed?
Re: If You Were Raped, Would You Have An Abortion? by Flashaldrin(m): 4:45am On Nov 11, 2012
SniperInADiaper:

Please tell me which pill is 100% effective and has NEVER failed?
none. And your point in relation to what i first wrote is??
Re: If You Were Raped, Would You Have An Abortion? by Nobody: 4:55am On Nov 11, 2012
Flashaldrin:
none. And your point in relation to what i first wrote is??

You have proven my point.. - Pills might not work. Even the most effective pill is not going to be 100% effective.

I think it takes a very strong person to keep a pregnancy from r@pe.
Re: If You Were Raped, Would You Have An Abortion? by Flashaldrin(m): 5:31am On Nov 11, 2012
SniperInADiaper:

You have proven my point.. - Pills might not work. Even the most effective pill is not going to be 100% effective.

I think it takes a very strong person to keep a pregnancy from r@pe.

ofcourse, so. . . . . .
The question is would you have an abortion? Not if pills were the best method of abortion.
Re: If You Were Raped, Would You Have An Abortion? by Nobody: 5:57am On Nov 11, 2012
Flashaldrin:
ofcourse, so. . . . . .
The question is would you have an abortion? Not if pills were the best method of abortion.

I already answered in my first post.
Re: If You Were Raped, Would You Have An Abortion? by Obinoscopy(m): 6:04am On Nov 11, 2012
Abortion is not an option unless if it needs to be done to save the life of the mother (tubal pregnancy or serious pre-eclampsia).

Taking postinor 2 within 72hrs after the r.ape incidence will prevent pregnancy and it is 97% effective if taken within 72hrs.

However if by miracle the lady is still pregnant. Then she have to either raise the baby if she's married or give up the baby for adoption if she's single and still schooling. I know it'll be a difficult decision to make but its better than murdering an innocent child

2 Likes

Re: If You Were Raped, Would You Have An Abortion? by Mynd44: 6:08am On Nov 11, 2012
I would vote for an abortion here. The psychological effect on both the mother and child is just too must

1 Like

Re: If You Were Raped, Would You Have An Abortion? by CrazyMan(m): 6:23am On Nov 11, 2012
Mynd_44: I would vote for an abortion here. The psychological effect on both the mother and child is just too must
Don't tell me you're an abortion advocate.
Re: If You Were Raped, Would You Have An Abortion? by Mynd44: 6:31am On Nov 11, 2012
CrazyMan:
Don't tell me you're an abortion advocate.
Yes I am.

1 Like

Re: If You Were Raped, Would You Have An Abortion? by CrazyMan(m): 7:29am On Nov 11, 2012
Mynd_44:
Yes I am.
Congratulation...so many innocent bloods on your hands.

1 Like

Re: If You Were Raped, Would You Have An Abortion? by Mynd44: 7:33am On Nov 11, 2012
CrazyMan:
Congratulation...so many innocent bloods on your hands.
Yeah thanks.

As if those who have sex with condoms and those popping in "morning after" pills are any better

1 Like

Re: If You Were Raped, Would You Have An Abortion? by CrazyMan(m): 7:46am On Nov 11, 2012
Mynd_44:
Yeah thanks.

As if those who have sex with condoms and those popping in "morning after" pills are any better
Are you aware that abortions comes with great risks...should that also be overlooked?
Re: If You Were Raped, Would You Have An Abortion? by Mynd44: 7:51am On Nov 11, 2012
CrazyMan:
Are you aware that abortions comes with great risks...should that also be overlooked?
Joining the military, working on an oil rig, travelling by plane also involves comes with great risk.

Fûck taking your bath in your own bathroom is also dangerous and yet we do it right?
Re: If You Were Raped, Would You Have An Abortion? by Flashaldrin(m): 8:03am On Nov 11, 2012
CrazyMan:
great risks?? Lol, a c.s is considered safer than an abortion yet c.s is a considerably safe operation.
It amuses me when ignorants talk like they know shit.
Re: If You Were Raped, Would You Have An Abortion? by Mynd44: 8:17am On Nov 11, 2012
Hmmm
Re: If You Were Raped, Would You Have An Abortion? by CrazyMan(m): 8:36am On Nov 11, 2012
Mynd_44:
Joining the military, working on an oil rig, travelling by plane also involves comes with great risk.

Fûck taking your bath in your own bathroom is also dangerous and yet we do it right?
Lol...your post is really funny..

Let's take it one after the other.

1.) Military: for you to become an officer, you must spend a maximum amount of at least five years in the NDA. For regular intake, its much shorter...you're properly trained, so you know what your facing....same cannot be said about abortion...

2. Working in an oil rig: upon employment into any oil firm, you'll be given at least a maximum of six months training/orientation, you would be educated properly on the possible challenges you're likely to encounter in the course of the job....also same cannot be said about abortion.

F^uck/bathing: Are you telling me that the bolded is more dangerous than abortion?

You must be a clown.

Aren't you aware that abortion can lead to childlessness, death, STDs if objects used aren't properly sterilized, constant feeling of guilt...etc...?

And unlike the fist two (military and oil rig) most girls who partake in the act of abortion do it under pressure, tension, frustration, depression...etc.

Therefore they have very little knowledge of the dangers involved in it...how then should it not be considered dangerous?

1 Like

Re: If You Were Raped, Would You Have An Abortion? by Mynd44: 9:24am On Nov 11, 2012
From your post up there, lets have it this way, when you go for an abortion, are you the one operating yourself?

The doctor who is gonna carry out the D&C spent almost 5 years in school learning that type of shît that is more then the number of years a military man spends training for war don't you think?
Re: If You Were Raped, Would You Have An Abortion? by CrazyMan(m): 9:46am On Nov 11, 2012
Mynd_44: From your post up there, lets have it this way, when you go for an abortion, are you the one operating yourself?

The doctor who is gonna carry out the D&C spent almost 5 years in school learning that type of shît that is more then the number of years a military man spends training for war don't you think?
Can you name one notable hospital in Nigeria that opens their door for abortion?

Abortion in Nigeria if you must know is done mainly by quacks with very little knowledge on medical practice...thereby putting the life of the girl at terrible risk.

1 Like

Re: If You Were Raped, Would You Have An Abortion? by Nobody: 9:50am On Nov 11, 2012
Men are free to express their opinion but should also consider that they don't know what it is like to be pregnant after being raped.
It is my life and my body and I couldn't carry this baby for 9 months, then give birth to it and then give it away.
Re: If You Were Raped, Would You Have An Abortion? by Mynd44: 9:52am On Nov 11, 2012
CrazyMan:
Can you name one notable hospital in Nigeria that opens their door for abortion?

Abortion in Nigeria if you must know is done mainly by quacks with very little knowledge on medical practice...thereby putting the life of the girl at terrible risk.
Räpe cases are a different kettle of fish all together and the abortion will be carried out
Re: If You Were Raped, Would You Have An Abortion? by Idowuogbo(f): 9:53am On Nov 11, 2012
Overflogged topic!

So far, D best advice goes to.... See below!
Obinoscopy: Abortion is not an option unless if it needs to be done to save the life of the mother (tubal pregnancy or serious pre-eclampsia).

Taking postinor 2 within 72hrs after the r.ape incidence will prevent pregnancy and it is 97% effective if taken within 72hrs.

However if by miracle the lady is still pregnant. Then she have to either raise the baby if she's married or give up the baby for adoption if she's single and still schooling. I know it'll be a difficult decision to make but its better than murdering an innocent child

1 Like

Re: If You Were Raped, Would You Have An Abortion? by CrazyMan(m): 10:06am On Nov 11, 2012
Mynd_44:
Räpe cases are a different kettle of fish all together and the abortion will be carried out
Would you advise a girl who was r.ped to terminate a pregnancy...for God's sake she's been r.aped..she needs to be loved, pampered and treated with concern.

Suggesting abortion in such cases would only make you heartless...if you can't keep the child, give it up for adoption...why must you put the poor girl through such trauma a second time..why?

1 Like

Re: If You Were Raped, Would You Have An Abortion? by claremont(m): 10:09am On Nov 11, 2012
I totally believe that females have the right to abort a pregnancy they are not emotionally and mentally able to carry through. Mechanical abortion is no different from pharmaceutical abortion, anyone who suggests otherwise is only playing to the gallery.

1 Like

Re: If You Were Raped, Would You Have An Abortion? by Nobody: 10:10am On Nov 11, 2012
CrazyMan:
Would you advise a girl who was r.ped to terminate a pregnancy...for God's sake she's been r.aped..she needs to be loved, pampered and treated with concern.

Suggesting abortion in such cases would only make you heartless...if you can't keep the child, give it up for adoption...why must you put the poor girl through such trauma a second time..why?

ok, what IF the girl doesn't want to go through the pregnancy that reminds her of this horrible incident?
would YOU force her to do so?
what IF she doesn't want to keep the baby, neither give it away and deal with the fact that her child grows up somewhere else.
Re: If You Were Raped, Would You Have An Abortion? by Mynd44: 10:21am On Nov 11, 2012
CrazyMan:

Yes I would. Its better she goes through that trauma once that living her life in the remembrance of it.

Do you realise what you are asking? That she carries the seed of a man who was wicked to her and gave her one of the most horrifying minutes of her life for 9 months?

I have said my bit
Re: If You Were Raped, Would You Have An Abortion? by Mynd44: 10:22am On Nov 11, 2012
carefreewannabe:

ok, what IF the girl doesn't want to go through the pregnancy that reminds her of this horrible incident?
would YOU force her to do so?
what IF she doesn't want to keep the baby, neither give it away and deal with the fact that her child grows up somewhere else.
I wonder oo
Re: If You Were Raped, Would You Have An Abortion? by Nobody: 10:23am On Nov 11, 2012
Mynd_44:
I wonder oo

Me, too.

I am so curious IF he will still argue in the woman's best interest wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Can A Girl Demand Money From Her Boyfriend She Met Three Weeks Ago / When Did You Learn To Call Women Bitches? / Nairalanders, Meet My Woman!!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.