Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,940 members, 7,817,751 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:35 PM

Revelation 12, Who Is The Child. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Revelation 12, Who Is The Child. (6115 Views)

Shocking! Pregnant Teenage Girl Claims To Be Carrying The Child Of Jesus (photo) / Jesus Has No Sword In His Mouth. Understanding Revelation 1:16 And 2:16 / Is Michael The Archangel Really Jesus? (revelation 12:7) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Revelation 12, Who Is The Child. by Ubenedictus(m): 10:36am On Nov 11, 2012
An anti-catholic thead just ended and among d points raised by my protestant friends is rev 12, many were interested in telling me who is woman is but no one was interested the answering my question "who is the male child?" ofcourse i blive d key to know wu d woman is, is the male child. So i decided to bring the question to the public: in rev 12, who is the male child??
Re: Revelation 12, Who Is The Child. by ichuka(m): 2:49pm On Nov 11, 2012
Ubenedictus: An anti-catholic thead just ended and among d points raised by my protestant friends is rev 12, many were interested in telling me who is woman is but no one was interested the answering my question "who is the male child?" ofcourse i blive d key to know wu d woman is, is the male child. So i decided to bring the question to the public: in rev 12, who is the male child??
The Man-Child is a group of overcomers that will destroy the works of Satan before the second coming of Christ.

2 Likes

Re: Revelation 12, Who Is The Child. by Nobody: 4:32pm On Nov 11, 2012
i.chuka:

The Man-Child is a group of overcomers that will destroy the works of Satan before the second coming of Christ.
did you say group When did a male 'child' become group? Don't confuse yourself

1 Like

Re: Revelation 12, Who Is The Child. by ichuka(m): 9:38pm On Nov 11, 2012
nne3870:
Just as The Church which is one body,comprises of group of believers.so also the Man Child is a group of overcomers.
Re: Revelation 12, Who Is The Child. by Nobody: 9:50pm On Nov 11, 2012
12 And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars:

This Woman is the nation of Israel, the crown of 12 stars represent the 12 tribes of Israel.

2 And she being with child cried, travailing in birth, and pained to be delivered.

Pained to be delivered with the messiah

3 And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads.

4 And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth: and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born.

Satans attempt to destroy Jesus through Herod at birth , failed woefully

5 And she brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron: and her child was caught up unto God, and to his throne.

Jesus was born through the nation of Israel.

After his accomplishment, he was caught up in a cloud to heaven from where he waits till his enemies be made his footstool.

2 Likes

Re: Revelation 12, Who Is The Child. by ichuka(m): 10:32pm On Nov 11, 2012
^^The Woman in Gen3(Eve) is a shadow of the Woman in Revelation12.
Both have nothing to do with the nation of Israel,Mary and our Lord Jesus directly.
Re: Revelation 12, Who Is The Child. by Nobody: 10:34pm On Nov 11, 2012
Ubenedictus: An anti-catholic thead just ended and among d points raised by my protestant friends is rev 12, many were interested in telling me who is woman is but no one was interested the answering my question "who is the male child?" ofcourse i blive d key to know wu d woman is, is the male child. So i decided to bring the question to the public: in rev 12, who is the male child??
THE WOMAN IS ISRAEL. THE CHILD IS CHRIST. THE 10 HORNED BEAST IS THE ROMAN EMPIRE UNDER HEROD
Re: Revelation 12, Who Is The Child. by Nobody: 10:50pm On Nov 11, 2012
What you guys have to understand is that, no one is an expert in breaking down prophecies, especially the ones in the book of Revelation. Just because one of the prophecies literally sounds like the birth of Christ, doesn't necessarily mean it is the birth of Christ!

The prophecies in Revelation are for the future and haven't been fulfilled yet, so, I don't see any reason why it would be referring to the birth of Christ that has already been fulfilled over 2000 years ago (Even before John was given the revelation).

Revelation 1:19-20 Write the things which thou hast seen, and the things which are, and the things which shall be hereafter; 20 The mystery of the seven stars which thou sawest in my right hand, and the seven golden candlesticks. The seven stars are the angels of the seven churches: and the seven candlesticks which thou sawest are the seven churches.

So, lets not jump to conclusion that Christ is the MAN-CHILD being referred to in Revelation 12; we need to use scripture to interpret scripture. I have read different interpretations of that Chapter. I'll post some of the links tomorrow so you guys can go through and compare.

Interpreting prophecies is not an easy job. No body be BOSS for this one, I beg una! No rushing!
Re: Revelation 12, Who Is The Child. by Rick9(m): 10:53pm On Nov 11, 2012
frosbel:

This Woman is the nation of Israel, the crown of 12 stars represent the 12 tribes of Israel.

After his accomplishment, he was caught up in a cloud to heaven from where he waits till his enemies be made his footstool.
you really are a true christian
Re: Revelation 12, Who Is The Child. by plappville(f): 12:00am On Nov 12, 2012
seriallink: What you guys have to understand is that, no one is an expert in breaking down prophecies, especially the ones in the book of Revelation. Just because one of the prophecies literally sounds like the birth of Christ, doesn't necessarily mean it is the birth of Christ!

The prophecies in Revelation are for the future and haven't been fulfilled yet, so, I don't see any reason why it would be referring to the birth of Christ that has already been fulfilled over 2000 years ago (Even before John was given the revelation).

Revelation 1:19-20 Write the things which thou hast seen, and the things which are, and the things which shall be hereafter; 20 The mystery of the seven stars which thou sawest in my right hand, and the seven golden candlesticks. The seven stars are the angels of the seven churches: and the seven candlesticks which thou sawest are the seven churches.

So, lets not jump to conclusion that Christ is the MAN-CHILD being referred to in Revelation 12; we need to use scripture to interpret scripture. I have read different interpretations of that Chapter. I'll post some of the links tomorrow so you guys can go through and compare.

Interpreting prophecies is not an easy job. No body be BOSS for this one, I beg una! No rushing!

I strongly agree with you. The thing is that, the woman gave birth can mean Christ and can also mean the new covenant/converts of the church of Christ.

Post whatever bro, i am open to learn.
Re: Revelation 12, Who Is The Child. by CrazyMan(m): 12:07am On Nov 12, 2012
The woman, representing Israel

The dragon, representing Satan

The man-child, referring to Jesus

The angel Michael, head of the angelic host

The offspring of the woman, representing Gentiles who come to faith in the Tribulation

The beast out of the sea, representing the antichrist

The beast out of the earth, representing the false prophet who promotes the antichrist.

Are you now clear on the whole issue...
Re: Revelation 12, Who Is The Child. by plappville(f): 12:42am On Nov 12, 2012
nne3870:

He is not confused at all, you have gat to take your time and Read carefully.
Isaiah 66:7-11: 7“Before she goes into labor,she gives birth;
before the pains come upon her,
she delivers a son.
8Who has ever heard of such a thing?
Who has ever seen such things?
Can a country be born in a day
or a nation be brought forth in a moment?
Yet no sooner is Zion in labor
than she gives birth to her children.
9Do I bring to the moment of birth
and not give delivery?” says the Lord.
“Do I close up the womb
when I bring to delivery?” says your God.
10“Rejoice with Jerusalem and be glad for her,
all you who love her;
rejoice greatly with her,
all you who mourn over her.
11For you will nurse and be satisfied
at her comforting breasts;
you will drink deeply
and delight in her overflowing abundance.”."

Here, Isaiah prophesied ages before Christ, of a woman bringing forth a 'man child.' "She," verse ten tells us, is Jerusalem,
Isaiah should be referring to the New Jerusalem.

Revelation 12:5 said the woman brought forth a 'man child;' Isaiah 66:7 said Jerusalem was delivered of a 'man child.'
Now Isaiah 66:8 expresses astonishment: "Who hath heard such a thing? who hath seen such things?"
Just like you believed @i.chuka was confused. Think about it, What was so amazing that Isaiah would be so surprised? Isaiah saw a whole nation, born in one day. That is something outstanding no? I believe this Revelation is deeper than we see it. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Revelation 12, Who Is The Child. by plappville(f): 1:06am On Nov 12, 2012

There is nothing like anti-Catholic broo, don't allow urself to be fed with these lies....

[b]The book, The Thunder of Justice, further claims that "the prophecy of Genesis 3 has been fulfilled with Revelation 12, where Mary is the great sign in Heaven: 'And a great sign appeared in Heaven: a woman clothed with the sun, with the moon under her feet and on her head a crown of twelve stars.' Pope Paul VI, in his 1967 encyclical, Signum Magnum, identified the Lady of Fatima as the biblical representation of the Woman clothed with the sun." (The Thunder of Justice, p. 88). The book further states that "Mary, the Woman clothed with the sun, appears as a sign and explains the secrets of the Book of Revelation."

Also, they claim that "on April 12, 1947, at Tre Fontane (Three Fountains), in Rome, Italy, Our Blessed Mother announced, I am the Virgin of Revelation." (Ibid. p. 89). And if you listen to the words of Father Gobbi, one of the Marian Movement's priests whom Mary seems to have communicated through more than any other individual, This Father claims the Virgin Mary told him on April 24, 1980,as follow: "I am the Virgin of Revelation. In me, the masterpiece of the Father is realized in such a perfect manner, that He can shed on me the light of His predilection, The Word assumes His human nature in my virginal womb, and thus can come to you by means of my true function as Mother. The Holy Spirit draws me, like a magnet, into the depths of the life of love between the Father and the Son, and I become interiorly transformed and so assimilated to Him as to be His spouse...I will bring you [plural] to the full understanding of Sacred Scriptures." (Ibid., 90).[/b]

Where did the bible told us that Mary will interprets scripture in place of the Holy Spirit?

"But God hath revealed them unto us by His Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God...the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God....Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth: comparing spiritual things with spiritual." (1.Cor 2:10, 11b, 13).

The Thunder of Justice continues: "Above all, I [Mary] will read to you the pages of its last book [Revelation], which you are living. In it, everything is already predicted, even that which must still come to pass, The battle to which I am calling you is clearly described, and my great victory is foretold." (Ibid.).
Re: Revelation 12, Who Is The Child. by Ubenedictus(m): 6:36am On Nov 12, 2012
i.chuka:

please can u ref this to scriptures?
Re: Revelation 12, Who Is The Child. by Ubenedictus(m): 6:48am On Nov 12, 2012
frosbel:

thanks for the contribution, i have 3 question.
Firstly u told me b4 the d book of rev only has future event, u said dat rev doesnt have past event, so pls tell me how come ur interpretation say that the woman giving birth is d birth of christ by israel?
please can u show me scripture passages that says isreal gave birth to christ?
Im also interested in the portion where israel flees to d wilderness, what does that mean?

1 Like

Re: Revelation 12, Who Is The Child. by Ubenedictus(m): 6:49am On Nov 12, 2012
obadiah777: THE WOMAN IS ISRAEL. THE CHILD IS CHRIST. THE 10 HORNED BEAST IS THE ROMAN EMPIRE UNDER HEROD
thanks, can u pls ansa d questions i ask frosbel above?
Re: Revelation 12, Who Is The Child. by Ubenedictus(m): 6:51am On Nov 12, 2012
seriallink: What you guys have to understand is that, no one is an expert in breaking down prophecies, especially the ones in the book of Revelation. Just because one of the prophecies literally sounds like the birth of Christ, doesn't necessarily mean it is the birth of Christ!

dis is what some of my protestant friends told me b4, am a bit suprised that other dont agree!
Re: Revelation 12, Who Is The Child. by Ubenedictus(m): 6:57am On Nov 12, 2012
CrazyMan:
The woman, representing Israel

The dragon, representing Satan

The man-child, referring to Jesus

The angel Michael, head of the angelic host

The offspring of the woman, representing Gentiles who come to faith in the Tribulation

The beast out of the sea, representing the antichrist

The beast out of the earth, representing the false prophet who promotes the antichrist.

Are you now clear on the whole issue...
first isnt revelation 4 future events only? How can it b talking abt d birth of christ?

And wen did isreal flee to the wilderness?
Pls provide scripture that depict isreal as d moda of christ!
Re: Revelation 12, Who Is The Child. by Ubenedictus(m): 7:01am On Nov 12, 2012
plappville:

she delivers a son.
“Do I close up the womb
all you who love her;
you will drink deeply

Here, Isaiah prophesied ages before Christ, of a woman bringing forth a 'man child.' "She," verse ten tells us, is Jerusalem,

Revelation 12:5 said the woman brought forth a 'man child;' Isaiah 66:7 said Jerusalem was delivered of a 'man child.'
Now Isaiah 66:8 expresses astonishment: "Who hath heard such a thing? who hath seen such things?"
Just like you believed @i.chuka was confused. Think about it, What was so amazing that Isaiah would be so surprised? Isaiah saw a whole nation, born in one day. That is something outstanding no? I believe this Revelation is deeper than we see it. undecided
what is the "new jerusalem"? I thought it was d kingdom of God under christ as paul attest. Pls did i get it wrong?
Re: Revelation 12, Who Is The Child. by ijawkid(m): 7:01am On Nov 12, 2012

Serria I agree with you....

That male child certainly cannot be christ as far as that prophecy is concerned...

Because Christ had already been born a long time ago.........

Since the ""woman"" isn't a literal woman,definitly that ""male child"" isn't a literal male child....

@UBE.....

Hope you are not still holding on to the fallacy that mary is the woman revelation 12:1 is talking about??

Eh??

2 Likes

Re: Revelation 12, Who Is The Child. by Ubenedictus(m): 7:18am On Nov 12, 2012
I have read a little abt Gobbi some year back, thunder of justice has a film i just couldnt watch it becos mine wasnt clear. I try i see your points
plappville:

There is nothing like anti-Catholic broo, don't allow urself to be fed with these lies....
really?? I hope so!

[b]The book, The Thunder of Justice, further claims that "the prophecy of Genesis 3 has been fulfilled with Revelation 12, where Mary is the great sign in Heaven: 'And a great sign appeared in Heaven: a woman clothed with the sun, with the moon under her feet and on her head a crown of twelve stars.' Pope Paul VI, in his 1967 encyclical, Signum Magnum, identified the Lady of Fatima as the biblical representation of the Woman clothed with the sun." (The Thunder of Justice, p. 88). The book further states that "Mary, the Woman clothed with the sun, appears as a sign and explains the secrets of the Book of Revelation."

Also, they claim that "on April 12, 1947, at Tre Fontane (Three Fountains), in Rome, Italy, Our Blessed Mother announced, I am the Virgin of Revelation." (Ibid. p. 89). And if you listen to the words of Father Gobbi, one of the Marian Movement's priests whom Mary seems to have communicated through more than any other individual, This Father claims the Virgin Mary told him on April 24, 1980,as follow: "I am the Virgin of Revelation. In me, the masterpiece of the Father is realized in such a perfect manner, that He can shed on me the light of His predilection, The Word assumes His human nature in my virginal womb, and thus can come to you by means of my true function as Mother. The Holy Spirit draws me, like a magnet, into the depths of the life of love between the Father and the Son, and I become interiorly transformed and so assimilated to Him as to be His spouse...I will bring you [plural] to the full understanding of Sacred Scriptures." (Ibid., 90).[/b]

Where did the bible told us that Mary will interprets scripture in place of the Holy Spirit?
y does your own quote speaks against u? Ur quote says "i become trasformed and assimilated by him (d holy spirit),...i will bring u to...". That clearly show that she will reveal that which she learnt of d holy spirit, it doesnt mary interpretes scripture in place of d holyspirit. Or does ur pastor interprete in place of d holyspirit wen he teaches in ur church? No he and she provides him/herself as a vessel for d holy spirit.
Please try and say it as u see it.

"But God hath revealed them unto us by His Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God...the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God....Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth: comparing spiritual things with spiritual." (1.Cor 2:10, 11b, 13).

The Thunder of Justice continues: "Above all, I [Mary] will read to you the pages of its last book [Revelation], which you are living. In it, everything is already predicted, even that which must still come to pass, The battle to which I am calling you is clearly described, and my great victory is foretold." (Ibid.).
and what about that
In d catholic church private revelation is private and im not obligated to accept Gobbi or believe him.
But after taking a look at what u posted i could help but notice that it has just one use and that is to divert me thread.
The thread remains "who is d male child of revelation 12?" pls stay on topic.
Re: Revelation 12, Who Is The Child. by Ubenedictus(m): 7:24am On Nov 12, 2012
ijawkid:

Serria I agree with you....

That male child certainly cannot be christ as far as that prophecy is concerned...

Because Christ had already been born a long time ago.........

Since the ""woman"" isn't a literal woman,definitly that ""male child"" isn't a literal male child....
@UBE.....
Hope you are not still holding on to the fallacy that mary is the woman revelation 12:1 is talking about??
Eh??
what type of fallacy is it or have u forgotten that fallacies have names?
U havent answer d question, u just downgraded d ansa of others, since u dont agree with them, then wu in ur opinion is d male child.
"The male child is literal" doesnt cut it, wu are d non literal male child?
Re: Revelation 12, Who Is The Child. by truthislight: 7:30am On Nov 12, 2012
plappville:

she delivers a son.
“Do I close up the womb
all you who love her;
you will drink deeply

why not spill it out?
Re: Revelation 12, Who Is The Child. by ijawkid(m): 7:36am On Nov 12, 2012
Ubenedictus: what type of fallacy is it or have u forgotten that fallacies have names?
U havent answer d question, u just downgraded d ansa of others, since u dont agree with them, then wu in ur opinion is d male child.
"The male child is literal" doesnt cut it, wu are d non literal male child?

I was only asking if you have discarded the notion that ""mary is the woman revelation 12:1 is talking about"".....

Have you??...

and I never down graded the answers of others....I was just chatting with you....

1 Like

Re: Revelation 12, Who Is The Child. by truthislight: 7:40am On Nov 12, 2012
Ubenedictus: what is the "new jerusalem"? I thought it was d kingdom of God under christ as paul attest. Pls did i get it wrong?
rev 21:1 to 4
Re: Revelation 12, Who Is The Child. by CrazyMan(m): 9:05am On Nov 12, 2012
Ubenedictus: first isnt revelation 4 future events only? How can it b talking abt d birth of christ?

And wen did isreal flee to the wilderness?
Pls provide scripture that depict isreal as d moda of christ!
The revelation showed a brief explanation of what happened during the birth of christ....and what would happen in the future.

The tribulation, and the coming of the anti christ.
Re: Revelation 12, Who Is The Child. by Nobody: 10:07am On Nov 12, 2012
Ubenedictus: dis is what some of my protestant friends told me b4, am a bit suprised that other dont agree!

It's clearly written in Rev. 1:19 that all the events are for the future & not past prophecies, so I don't agree with whoever is interpreting the prophecies and relating them to the birth of Jesus Christ. Or are you guys saying after Jesus's ascension another prophecy of his birthday was revealed to John? *Smh for una!

I'll post the interpretations I read somewhere so you can see, at least that was interpreted precepts upon precepts with scripture interpreting scripture.

HERE YOU GO:
Edit: This is one of the interpretations by : B.L. Cocherell

Click here to read the article

This one is by Pastor A. M. Mathew. The article is long, but I'll advise you guys should cool down & go through it carefully.

2 Likes

Re: Revelation 12, Who Is The Child. by Nobody: 10:34am On Nov 12, 2012
plappville:

I strongly agree with you. The thing is that, the woman gave birth can mean Christ and can also mean the new covenant/converts of the church of Christ.

Post whatever bro, i am open to learn.

This is one of the interpretations by : B.L. Cocherell

This one is by Pastor A. M. Mathew. The article is long, but I'll advise you guys should cool down & go through it carefully.

Re: Revelation 12, Who Is The Child. by Nobody: 11:01am On Nov 12, 2012
Ubenedictus: thanks for the contribution, i have 3 question.
Firstly u told me b4 the d book of rev only has future event, u said dat rev doesnt have past event, so pls tell me how come ur interpretation say that the woman giving birth is d birth of christ by israel?
please can u show me scripture passages that says isreal gave birth to christ?
Im also interested in the portion where israel flees to d wilderness, what does that mean?
1-THE BOOK OF REVELATION IS NOT ONLY ABOUT THE FUTURE. THE BOOK OF REVELATION ACTUALLY STARTS FROM THE BEGINNING OF THE WORLD. IT HAS REFERENCES TO ISRAEL BEFORE NOAHS FLOOD IN WHICH THE ISRAELITES WERE STILL RULING THE WORLD BUT HOWEVER THE DRAGON WITH 10 HORNS AND 7 HEADS KICKED THEM OUT OF HEAVEN ( RULERSHIP ) TO THE EARTH ( LAMENTATIONS 2 VS 1 ). BUT HOWEVER THE MAIN BODY OF THE BOOK OF REVELATIONS BEGINS AROUND 400 BC WHEN ALEXANDER THE GREAT ( ABBADON ) OVERTHEW THE MEDIO-PERSIAN EMPIRE. SO THE MAIN BODY OF THE BOOK OF REVELATION STARTED 400 BC. IT IS A BOOK OF PAST PRESENT AND FUTURE

2- ISRAEL GAVE BIRTH TO CHRIST AMIDST MUCH BIRTH PAINS MEANING ISRAEL WAS GOING THROUGH TRIBULATION AND PAIN BECAUSE THEY WERE GOING THROUGH CAPTIVITY AND MUCH VIOLENCE BY THE BABYLONIAN FOLLOWED BY THE MEDIO-PERSIAN FOLLOWED BY THE GRECIAN AND EVENTUALLY ROMAN EMPIRE WHICH IS THE EMPIRE THAT WAS IN CHARGE WHEN CHRIST WAS BORN. SCRIPTURE TO SHOW ISRAEL GAVE BIRTH TO CHRIST MATTHEW 1 VS 21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins AND WHO ARE HIS PEOPLE ? HEBREW 7 VS 14 For it is evident that our Lord was descended from Judah JUDAH IS THE HEAD TRIBE OF ISRAEL.

3-FLEEING INTO THE WILDERNESS. THIS IS TALKING ABOUT THE ABOMINATION OF DESOLATION THAT HAPPENED IN 70 AD WHEN THE ROMANS INVADED ISRAEL AND KICKED OUT ALL THE INHABITANTS. LUKE 21 VS 24 And they shall fall by the edge of the sword, and shall be led away captive into all nations: and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled. THE WILDERNESS THEY RAN INTO IS THE INTERIORS OF AFRICA. MOST SPECIFICALLY WEST AFRICA . THIS IS AN EXCERPT FROM A HISTORY BOOK CALLED FROM BABYLON TO TIMBUCKTU I WILL POST IT IN THE NEXT POST SO THIS ONE DOES NOT LOOK TOO CROWDED. IF EVERYONE IS LIKE ME I GET DISCOURAGED FROM READING LONG THESIS LOL. ITS THAT ATTENTION SPAN grin grin
Re: Revelation 12, Who Is The Child. by Nobody: 11:03am On Nov 12, 2012
‘In the year 65B.C. the Roman armies under General Pompey captured Jerusalem. In 70 A.D. General Vespasian and his son, Titus put an end to the Jewish state, with great slaughter. During the period of the military governors of Palestine, many outrages and atrocities were committed against the residue of the people. During the period of Pompey to Julius, it has been estimated that over 1,000,000 Jews (Israelites) fled into Africa, fleeing from Roman persecution and slavery. The slave markets were full of black Jewish slaves.’

Millions of Israelites who escaped the persecution of the Roman-Jewish War fled into the interiors of Africa. In his book ‘Jewish Roots in Africa,’ Mr Litchtblau, speaking of the Israelites that ran into Africa, says this:

‘Pressed under sweeping regional conflicts, Jews settled as traders and warriors in Yemen, the Horn of Africa, Egypt, the kingdom of Kush and Nubia, North African Punic settlements (Carthage and Velubilis), and areas now covered by Mauritania. More migrants followed these early Jewish settlers to Northern Africa…’

Rudolf R Windsor in his book ‘Babylon to Timbuktu points out:

‘The black Jews who migrated to the Sudan from the North converged with the Jews migrating from the eastern Sudan to the countries of the Niger River…There is much proof, and still much more to be revealed by scholars, that there existed prior to the slave trade and subsequent to it many tribes, colonies, and kingdoms in West Africa’. pg 120
Re: Revelation 12, Who Is The Child. by Nobody: 11:20am On Nov 12, 2012
@Buzugee, you said the Book of Revelation is for the PAST, PRESENT & FUTURE

Revelation 1:19 says otherwise:

KJV

Write the things which thou hast seen, and the things which are, and the things which shal be hereafter;

New Living translation:

Write down what you have seen--both the things that are now happening and the things that will happen.

Care to explain why??

I don't see the PAST there when the Book was revealed to John
Re: Revelation 12, Who Is The Child. by Nobody: 11:46am On Nov 12, 2012
seriallink: @Buzugee, you said the Book of Revelation is for the PAST, PRESENT & FUTURE

Revelation 1:19 says otherwise:

KJV

Write the things which thou hast seen, and the things which are, and the things which shal be hereafter;

New Living translation:

Write down what you have seen--both the things that are now happening and the things that will happen.

Care to explain why??

I don't see the PAST there when the Book was revealed to John
THERE ARE FLASHBACKS TO THE PAST. THE STARTING POINT OF FLASHBACK EVENTS STARTS IN CHAPTER 8 WITH THE GRECIAN EMPIRE UNDER ALEXANDER THE GREAT TAKING OVER ISRAEL. THIS IS WHERE THE MAIN STORY STARTS. CHAPTER 8. 400 BC GIVE OR TAKE A FEW YEARS. CHAPTER 7 IS ABOUT THE SEALING OF THE 144,000. THAT IS AFTER CHRISTS DEATH. CHAPTER 6 IS THE SEALS. THAT STARTS AFTER CHRISTS DEATH. CHAPTER 9 IS ABOUT THE AFFLICTION OF ISRAEL. STARTS BEFORE CHRIST. CHAPTER 10 IS THE UNITING THE JEWS AND GENTILES UNDER THE LAW. THIS IS AFTER CHRIST. CHAPTER 11 IS PREACHING THE WORD TO THE GENTILES. THIS STARTS AFTER CHRIST. CHAPTER 12 IS ABOUT ISRAEL AND ROMAN EMPIRE AND THE ABOMINATION OF DESOLATION. STARTED AFTER CHRIST. CHAPTER 13 IS ABOUT WHAT THE GENTILES DID WITH THEIR FIRST DEATH AND CHANCE AT SALVATION. THE EMPIRE THEY CREATED. THIS STARTED AROUND 1400 AD. CHAPTER 14 IS ABOUT TAKING STOCK OF THE CONVERTED GENTILES AND HARVESTING THEM . STARTED AFTER CHRIST. CHAPTER 15 AND 16 IS ABOUT THE WRATH OF THE LORD ON THOSE WHO FORBEAR. THIS IS HAPPENING NOW AS WE SPEAK. THIS IS WHERE THE FUTURE STARTS IN THE BOOK OF REVELATION. THE FUTURE STARTS FROM CHAPTER 15 AND 16 ON DOWNWARDS. EVERY CHAPTER PRIOR TO 15 AND 16 IS ABOUT THE PAST.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Striking Thought Of Jesus Is On Your Mind This Good Friday? / Frosbel Let's Discuss Christianity / Always Put God First In Your Life ( Tithing ) - By Zac Poonen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.