Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,693 members, 7,816,834 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:18 PM

As A Best-man / Chief-bridesmaid - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / As A Best-man / Chief-bridesmaid (10891 Views)

Should A Married Woman Be A Bridesmaid? / Why Cant My Married Friend Be My Chief Bridesmaid? / Torn Between Two Chief Bridesmaid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: As A Best-man / Chief-bridesmaid by kokoye(m): 3:12pm On Nov 12, 2012
Been a best man before '95...and it came with free correct armani suit and brogue shoes from yankee. As a college student at the time, of course I was happy to do anything...I even smile pass the groom sef

who know like better awoof now? grin

1 Like

Re: As A Best-man / Chief-bridesmaid by dilbert100: 3:14pm On Nov 12, 2012
never been asked sad
Re: As A Best-man / Chief-bridesmaid by Nobody: 3:15pm On Nov 12, 2012
We don't do marriage in my area,except naming ceremony. Those girls in my area no sabi marriage,except make them carry belle. So don't know much about it.

1 Like

Re: As A Best-man / Chief-bridesmaid by Mucokey(m): 3:47pm On Nov 12, 2012
I ve once served as best man to my best friend actually.
Thank goodness I can boast/bet with this couple since we (3 of us) ve been friends. Thus, I ve this influence on them both, which was visible even from their traditional wedding till the wedding proper.
Re: As A Best-man / Chief-bridesmaid by HARDDON: 3:50pm On Nov 12, 2012
vivian chinaza: Yes I have been, and I'm about to again.
My duties?
Before and on the wedding day:
I help in planning the wedding, running around, making choices, remind her of things she forgets. Then take care of her, make sure she doesn't stress herself much, remind her to eat and rest when necessary etc. In fact, she owns me for these 2 days, and she is permitted to boss me around.

Who buys my chief bridesmaid dress? I do.

After the wedding:
Its my duty to help her be the best wife she can be by not giving her the wrong piece of advise if she ever confides in me.
If I see her taking the wrong path that I know will jeopardise her marriage, I will call her to order. Etc.

These are what I have done for my friends, and I'm about to do again, and they are what I'd expect from my chief when my own time comes.

great Gurl! but hey, xpect nothing from dese pound of flesh called humans!
Re: As A Best-man / Chief-bridesmaid by surveyProf(m): 4:34pm On Nov 12, 2012
fittty: undecided

who can help, translate dis picture?
Re: As A Best-man / Chief-bridesmaid by pweetyface(f): 4:43pm On Nov 12, 2012
Have been askd 2 b a̜̣̍ chiefbrides maid.....wat exactly is my duty dat day apart 4rm carryn her gown nd cleaning off her sweat?
Re: As A Best-man / Chief-bridesmaid by chinedum13(m): 5:55pm On Nov 12, 2012
Mynd_44:
Seriously, I hate wearing suits
but if i dash you one, you will take and even pay me my homage grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: As A Best-man / Chief-bridesmaid by Cuddlemii: 6:12pm On Nov 12, 2012
jennykadry:

You know I love you? Please nne, type in full. Whenever I see your shorthand writing, I honestly try to understand but when I can't, I just give up. Like the above post

Hi, I sent you a pm over a month ago. I sent one to Chaircover right about the same time and she acknowledged the receipt of this pm.
Sorry to ambush you like this, but, I need to know if you received it, because you never got back to me. Thanks!
Re: As A Best-man / Chief-bridesmaid by surveyProf(m): 6:14pm On Nov 12, 2012
Oh dat reminds me, I did play a role of a grooms men dis last saturday, it was nice, we were all given free well designed Italian suit and black shoe to match, it was nice anyway, frm church to reception ground, men to those bride's maid ladies were sweet....lolz it was a normally toasting thing.....lol
Re: As A Best-man / Chief-bridesmaid by Ojugunrege(f): 7:02pm On Nov 12, 2012
ItsModella:
abeg, somebody should help me decipher this mumbo jumbo.

i tire o....lol....NL is not complete without those sort of comic relieves grin
Re: As A Best-man / Chief-bridesmaid by passionate88: 7:19pm On Nov 12, 2012
vivian chinaza:
Its ok babe, temper cooled! grin grin
me na GUY o... me get am 4 abunna grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: As A Best-man / Chief-bridesmaid by kojeiwa(m): 7:23pm On Nov 12, 2012
Like Vivian said, " I picked my dress" So the chief bride's maid chooses what she wears or the Bride chooses what she wears?
Re: As A Best-man / Chief-bridesmaid by GboyegaD(m): 7:35pm On Nov 12, 2012
I have actually played a best man role before but I do not think I played my role right compared to many times that I have been one of the groom's men. I think the reason why I couldn't really play the role as expected were because: my friend wasn't working at the time which I never really supported and thus, I couldn't put my best in the role. Anyways, today he is working and they are doing pretty well.
Re: As A Best-man / Chief-bridesmaid by vivianc(f): 7:46pm On Nov 12, 2012
passionate88: me na GUY o... me get am 4 abunna grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Omg! I'm sorry ok. grin grin
Re: As A Best-man / Chief-bridesmaid by Mynd44: 9:52pm On Nov 12, 2012
vivian chinaza:

That doesn't sound like a joke to me. Cos its way outta line. What has "vivian is a control freak" got to do with joke and what I posted earlier on?
Believe me, my intentions were not so serious. I meant see as you organise everything together into one cohesive post and you flared up.

Chill girl nobody is after you.

Well I guess I am sorry is in order and I will not refer to you anymore.
Re: As A Best-man / Chief-bridesmaid by Mynd44: 9:55pm On Nov 12, 2012
chinedum13:
but if i dash you one, you will take and even pay me my homage grin grin grin grin grin grin
Why would I collect something I don't need from you? Its is pointless
Re: As A Best-man / Chief-bridesmaid by Jilo83(m): 10:03pm On Nov 12, 2012
It was a great honour 4 me. I have done it 2times (my friend and my Brother). I see myself as a member of their family.
Re: As A Best-man / Chief-bridesmaid by vivianc(f): 10:19pm On Nov 12, 2012
Mynd_44:
Believe me, my intentions were not so serious. I meant see as you organise everything together into one cohesive post and you flared up.

Chill girl nobody is after you.

Well I guess I am sorry is in order and I will not refer to you anymore.

Apology accepted.........you don't have to blame me, your choice of words were not so good coupled with the fact that you are used to calling me names, that I overlook it doesn't mean its ok by me, I'm very sensitive to words.

We are good, but I just wish there is a way we could disagree without names calling.

I'm sorry too for flaring up.

1 Like

Re: As A Best-man / Chief-bridesmaid by Mynd44: 10:48pm On Nov 12, 2012
Jilo83: It was a great honour 4 me. I have done it 2times (my friend and my Brother). I see myself as a member of their family.
That's nice of you
Re: As A Best-man / Chief-bridesmaid by Nobody: 11:49pm On Nov 12, 2012
ItsModella:
abeg, somebody should help me decipher this mumbo jumbo.
must you always be nasty,cant u just be polite for once in your life,even if you dont understand what i typed up there,what will it cost you to b courteous.smh

1 Like

Re: As A Best-man / Chief-bridesmaid by Nobody: 11:58pm On Nov 12, 2012
kulyie: must you always be nasty,cant u just be polite for once in your life,even if you dont understand what i typed up there,what will it cost you to b courteous.smh
now, that's an improvement.

1 Like

Re: As A Best-man / Chief-bridesmaid by passionate88: 1:11am On Nov 13, 2012
vivian chinaza:
Omg! I'm sorry ok. grin grin
ok ma
Re: As A Best-man / Chief-bridesmaid by anintia(m): 9:14am On Nov 13, 2012
They are meant to follow up on the couple thingy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

A Weekend Get-Away With Wifey! !!! / #OPINION : Does Marriage Even Make Sense Anymore? / What I Found In My Daughter's Room When I Visited Her At School.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.