Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,591 members, 7,812,926 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:44 PM

Why Are Muslim Imams Not Buying Private Jets? - Islam for Muslims (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Why Are Muslim Imams Not Buying Private Jets? (30062 Views)

Reactions To Westgate Murders By Muslim Scholars/imams / Why Are Muslim Women Mistreated So Much? / MEND Threatens To Bomb Mosques & Assasinate Imams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Muslim Imams Not Buying Private Jets? by ubong560(m): 1:33pm On Nov 13, 2012
Dis thread seems lik a religous war. I mean 80% of d posts are hidden. WTF! I want 2 know, is d moderator a christian or a muslim so i can detect wch of d posts are mostly hidden.
Re: Why Are Muslim Imams Not Buying Private Jets? by Nobody: 1:35pm On Nov 13, 2012
ubong560: Dis thread seems lik a religous war. I mean 80% of d posts are hidden. WTF! I want 2 know, is d moderator a christian or a muslim so i can detect wch of d posts are mostly hidden.

There were no any attacks on anyone's religion here only some people talking rubbish
Re: Why Are Muslim Imams Not Buying Private Jets? by Nobody: 1:37pm On Nov 13, 2012
nvm this post
Re: Why Are Muslim Imams Not Buying Private Jets? by IRBIG: 1:43pm On Nov 13, 2012
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]I BET IT WITH U GUYS HERE,LIKE QURAN SAYS:U SHOULD ALWAYS SEARCH FOR KNOWLEDGE.
I THINK THE BEST THING U ARE TO DO IS TO STUDY UR BIBLE VERY WELL AND HOLD THE TRUTH IN IT.LIKEWISE THE MUSLIMS SHOULD SEARCH FOR KNOWLEDGE VERY WELL AND HOLD THE TRUTH.THE ONLY THING HERE IS THAT,MOST CHRISTIANS ONLY SAY WHAT THERE PASTOR TEACHES THEM IN THE SENSE THAT THEY DONT GO BACK TO THEIR HOLY BOOK TO CHECK WHATEVER ITS BEEN PREACHES AND THE WAY THE PASTOR TRANSLATE IT TO THEM.AS A YOUNG LADY,I APPRECIATE THE WAY THE MUSLIM TEACHES THERE KIDS THEIR HOLY BOOK TO LEARN FROM SMALL AND MAKE THEM READ THROUGH IT AND TRANSLATE IT THEMSELVES.THEY MAKE SURE THEY UNDERSTAND THE TEACHES THROUGH WHAT THEY READ IN THE HOLY BOOK BUT NOT THROUGH ONLY WHAT THE IMAM SAYS.EVEN A LITTLE BABY BELIEVE THAT AS A MUSLIM WHATEVER SHE AV WILL BE SHARED AMONG THE NEEDY AND THAT SHE IS NOT SUPERIOR TO HER MAID because ITS THESE WHITE CLOTH AND MAT THAT WILL BE USED TO BURY HER NOT EXPENSIVE COFFIN.
OUR TITHE MONEY,WHAT ARE THEY USED FOR?
I NEED ANSWER ASAP,because WE AV TO BE REALISTIC.
Re: Why Are Muslim Imams Not Buying Private Jets? by LagosShia: 1:43pm On Nov 13, 2012
I just created below thread in response:

"The Reasons Why Muslim Religious Leaders Dont Have Private Jets

https://www.nairaland.com/1101799/reasons-why-muslim-religious-leaders
Re: Why Are Muslim Imams Not Buying Private Jets? by nokingasgod: 1:46pm On Nov 13, 2012
1. Honestly, morally and Godly speaking, they do not need it neither do the Bishops too.

2. Truly, they may desire it but fortunately for their souls, they do not have access to such fraudulent funds. Islam does not permit it. How much zaqat does the Chief Imam want to collect on how many Fridays for him to misappropriate in buying a private jet?

3. Godly, in this regard, Islam is closer to God and is godlier than Christianity. Islam preaches a better way of wealth re-distribution and commitment to a ''Godly'' cause whereas Christianity is vulnerable to manipulations and fraudulent leaderships.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Muslim Imams Not Buying Private Jets? by lafuria1(m): 1:47pm On Nov 13, 2012
answer. let one imam in the north attempt to buy a private jet, the muslim northerners will disown him. there was a rumor that the late president unaru gave sheikh ahmed gummi a brand new jeep after the 2011 elections. it was just a rumor o wic was false but the reactions were hot and negative. pple see the imams as their voice to the govt. so if the imam decides to join the govt , what is left for them. the poor muslims look up to the imams for inspiration, if the imam decides to start living a wealthy lifestyle, it wont go down well.
Re: Why Are Muslim Imams Not Buying Private Jets? by lakad4u(m): 1:50pm On Nov 13, 2012
aryzgreat:

How come ibb built a mansion on earth, have u seen ibb mansion in minna? do u know how much abacha looted to swiz? dont tell me dangote is a christian. all these people are not true muslim abi?
U be the gratest mumu have ever seen in my life...shey dangote na imam,abacha na imam,babagida na imam for you eye,ode..then when you make mention of those people,we should be talking of obasanjo house and farm at ota,bola ige house...islam don't fancy those things and can clearly tell you those people that buy jet,and there followers still. Saok gari,they are all fools,atleast a. Price of private jet and empower 100 members in there church,and the generations of those people will forget about poverty,let's see the real fact,this are just nothing but the worldy things which are not to be seens in pastors hand....
Re: Why Are Muslim Imams Not Buying Private Jets? by haykay2005: 1:58pm On Nov 13, 2012
Am surprised xtians are now biased with their comments,why would a general overseer own a private jet while members are suffering,lets not beat about the bush,its fraud.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Muslim Imams Not Buying Private Jets? by biggybig(f): 2:06pm On Nov 13, 2012
Avast: For those of us following steps of jesus,have you not heard that he was the poorest among the messanger but yet he delivered his work perfactly. But nowadays pastors are something else.
haykay2005: Am surprised xtians are now biased with their comments,why would a general overseer buy a private while members are suffering,lets not beat about the bush,its fraud.
....stop all this members are suffering pastors are flying jet nonsense, only a super rich congregation can buy jet for its pastor. You dont think so? Go to your church next sunday and ask them to contribute money to buy jet for your pastor and see how they will look at you.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Muslim Imams Not Buying Private Jets? by Deyinka007: 2:06pm On Nov 13, 2012
Re: Why Are Muslim Imams Not Buying Private Jets? by OK1(m): 2:09pm On Nov 13, 2012
"Judge not, that u may not be judged"
Re: Why Are Muslim Imams Not Buying Private Jets? by biggybig(f): 2:12pm On Nov 13, 2012
Avast: For those of us following steps of jesus,have you not heard that he was the poorest among the messanger but yet he delivered his work perfactly. But nowadays pastors are something else.
...... He was poor so that we might become rich , u neva read ur bible reach that level?
haykay2005: Am surprised xtians are now biased with their comments,why would a general overseer buy a private while members are suffering,lets not beat about the bush,its fraud.
....stop all this members are suffering pastors are flying jet nonsense, only a super rich congregation can buy jet for it pastor! Period! Or you think na 10000naira per head contribution dem they take buy jet?
Re: Why Are Muslim Imams Not Buying Private Jets? by Frostyzone(m): 2:13pm On Nov 13, 2012
floriana: Late Gabriel Oduyemi, Enoch Adeboye, David Oyedepo and now Ayo Oritsejafor are all owners of large churches in Nigeria. One common thing among these men are ownership of private jet(s).

Seeing that in Nigeria, we always do things with 'federal character'. This makes one wonder why the leaders of the other major religion not to go into jet buying spree too. Is it that they don't need it or they just don't know how to raise the cash like their counterpart Christian pastors?
That's probably because the Imams are still too underdeveloped in their ways of thinking. Remember, Islam as a religion refused to evolve. Muslims of today still dressed as in the olden days and still enforces their primitive laws in a century that no longer requires it.
Likewise, you wouldn't expect the teachers of the backward religion to suddenly start owning private jets and such. How can they, when there is not even a single chair in their place of worship!
It would be the biggest betrayal of all indeed if an Imam acquires a private jet, while his congregation(or whatever they call it) goes about on foot or bicycle(like they are prone to)

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Muslim Imams Not Buying Private Jets? by DandeNumeruno(m): 2:16pm On Nov 13, 2012
Frostyzone:
That's probably because the Imams are still too underdeveloped in their ways of thinking. Remember, Islam as a religion refused to evolve. Muslims of today still dressed as in the olden days and still enforces their primitive laws in a century that no longer requires it.
Likewise, you wouldn't expect the teachers of the backward religion to suddenly start owning private jets and such. How can they, when there is not even a single chair in their place of worship!
It would be the biggest betrayal of all indeed if an Imam acquires a private jet, while his congregation(or whatever they call it) goes about on foot or bicycle(like they are prone to)
Lmao...
Re: Why Are Muslim Imams Not Buying Private Jets? by misterhillz(m): 2:17pm On Nov 13, 2012
biggybig: ...... He was poor so that we might become rich , u neva read ur bible reach that level? ....stop all this members are suffering pastors are flying jet nonsense, only a super rich congregation can buy jet for it pastor! Period! Or you think na 10000naira per head contribution dem they take buy jet?
abeg tell them my dear..i do attend pastor ayo's church in warri and if u hear the amount wey people dey drop for sowing seed u go shout.make una calm down o.people get money for waff town!
Re: Why Are Muslim Imams Not Buying Private Jets? by biggybig(f): 2:20pm On Nov 13, 2012
nokingasgod: 1. Honestly, morally and Godly speaking, they do not need it neither do the Bishops too.

2. Truly, they may desire it but fortunately for their souls, they do not have access to such fraudulent funds. Islam does not permit it. How much zaqat does the Chief Imam want to collect on how many Fridays for him to misappropriate in buying a private jet?

3. Godly, in this regard, Islam is closer to God and is godlier than Christianity. Islam preaches a better way of wealth re-distribution and commitment to a ''Godly'' cause whereas Christianity is vulnerable to manipulations and fraudulent leaderships.
....realy?better wealth distribution?godlier than xtianity,wondaful?how many schools have islam built n dis country compare to the ones built by churches?how many hospitals?how many missions to war torn countries hav islam organise?how many ships of food,relief materials,have islam shipped to countries like somalia?there is a place called koma hills n nigeria, lots of christian missions are there transforming the peoples lives. Do we have any muslim mission there?
Re: Why Are Muslim Imams Not Buying Private Jets? by misterhillz(m): 2:21pm On Nov 13, 2012
I see nothing wrong with a pastor going around with a private jet.after all,it's for his own convenience and since his members could afford it, no big deal. those imams dem too dey pretend na be althese muslim their problem. when una see redemption camp and canaan land..una feel say na one day job abi. please give honor to whom honor is due.
Re: Why Are Muslim Imams Not Buying Private Jets? by hotwax: 2:26pm On Nov 13, 2012
ueskman: let me list the nme of imaams nd sheikhs that can afford private jets.. bt they dont need it cox, anyone who hav d fear of God wil avoid vertain things nt showing off their names are lsited below
1. Imaam offa
2. the leader of quodriya in africa who is in kana (sheikh Qureballah)
3. shiekh Adam Al-ilory
4. sheik almiskinbillah
They control money. take it or leave it.

Bishop Oyedepo can pay the above listed imams.
Imam Offa?

Private Jet na garri?
Re: Why Are Muslim Imams Not Buying Private Jets? by misterhillz(m): 2:27pm On Nov 13, 2012
Abeg Abeg..make una stop althese ...MEMBERS ARE SUFFERING TAG.WHO SAID? these pastors have touched the lives of their members positively so they truly deserve the private jet and even much more..so, stop tagging members of churches as being poor..
Re: Why Are Muslim Imams Not Buying Private Jets? by blackmale1: 2:30pm On Nov 13, 2012
maclatunji: @topic. Sincere Muslim Imams cannot own Private Jets except it is from the proceeds of their personal business- this is highly unlikely because the job of an Imam is time-consuming and tasking such that the holder of the position might not have the time to build-up a business empire that would allow him to afford one.

By the way, it is rather wasteful to spend huge sums on private jets when you could use that amount available to you to help the needy that surround you as a religious leader.
Who says they dont help the needy? must they sell all they have and give to the needy before u notice. I have seen them sponsor students through school,distributed food to hungry people. I have befited in more ways than one'if you need a witness'. Must these guys eradicate poverty before you know they care!!! and if u argue that they are not doing enough,then,how much is enough.
Re: Why Are Muslim Imams Not Buying Private Jets? by RedLight1: 2:32pm On Nov 13, 2012
i dont know why muslims are so intolerant .. look at the big macla here .. he cant stand simple joke against against islam..but his people can go on christian threads to follow atheist abuse pastors, or churches that does something wrong... if u feel people are ignorant about your religion, what will cost u to enlighten like the christians? but heck no, terrorist mentality ... i will rather blow them up rather than let em talk em nonsense about my religion (in ur case, i will rather ban and hide their post instead of allowing them say anything about my religion)...and someone is telling me ur ideology is not thst of terrorists .... allah akbar have got nothing against u or ur religion, but its time for u to make people see reason instead of allowing them to hate ur religion more ... word of advice ... peace
Re: Why Are Muslim Imams Not Buying Private Jets? by eggheaders(m): 2:33pm On Nov 13, 2012
Frostyzone:

ur foolishness is so complex mehn.this misinformation and inability to reason properly is taking a toll on most of u nitwits.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Muslim Imams Not Buying Private Jets? by menix(m): 2:33pm On Nov 13, 2012
Its all written in d middle east nd our dear North..pastors. Don't ve connection 2 procure Ojukwu bucket thus d others do. Availin d Pastor Private jet 2 avoid road side ojukwu bucket..
Anticipated fallout conotes"truth is bitter"
Re: Why Are Muslim Imams Not Buying Private Jets? by Exmay(m): 2:34pm On Nov 13, 2012
Imams can't buy private jet because it is expensive to buy and smuggle weapons(guns and bombs) into the country... Also the cost of gathering intel is high not to talk of the cost of carrying out the actual jihad... For an idea on how much they spend doing all these please contact the Ministry of Defence....
Re: Why Are Muslim Imams Not Buying Private Jets? by misterhillz(m): 2:35pm On Nov 13, 2012
black male: how many help your imams fit dey help.no be althose almajiri children dey beg round the country..how many lives your imams don touch? if you doubt me,come to the annual convention of the redeemed christian church of God and u will see how they touch lives of millions of people.they feed and provide accomodation.pregnant women also deliver safely during the period of the program.so carry your imams and stingy muslims make una go look bush.
Who says they dont help the needy? must they sell all they have and give to the needy before u notice. I have seen them sponsor students through school,distributed food to hungry people. I have befited in more ways than one'if you need a witness'. Must these guys eradicate poverty before you know they care!!! and if u argue that they are not doing enough,then,how much is enough.
Re: Why Are Muslim Imams Not Buying Private Jets? by RedLight1: 2:36pm On Nov 13, 2012
ubong560: Dis thread seems lik a religous war. I mean 80% of d posts are hidden. WTF! I want 2 know, is d moderator a christian or a muslim so i can detect wch of d posts are mostly hidden.

u dont need a rocket scientist to tell u which religion the moderator belongs... cant u see only pro islam and anti christian posts are the only ones left unhidden
Re: Why Are Muslim Imams Not Buying Private Jets? by Frostyzone(m): 2:43pm On Nov 13, 2012
eggheaders:

ur foolishness is so complex mehn.this misinformation and inability to reason properly is taking a toll on most of u nitwits.
By their comments we shall know them. Another Islamic Jihadist. Abeg, no bomb anyone on my behalf.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Muslim Imams Not Buying Private Jets? by Adamsdelrio(m): 2:44pm On Nov 13, 2012
Frankly, if imams are able to get d money, fame, attention and recognition that pastors are getting, they will buy jets too. They are humans and they will also have their own reasons too. Stop labelling imams as being more religious than pastors. NOBODY HOLY PASS!!
Re: Why Are Muslim Imams Not Buying Private Jets? by vedaxcool(m): 2:51pm On Nov 13, 2012
Muslims imams do not own private jets because money donated to mosque is not for private use. Usually the money is used for maintanace of the mosques assisting the needy and poor, and promoting Islam. Hence imams know that you cannot spend peoples' money like your personal pocket money. In Nigeria it remains the hieght of disgrace and shame that certain "religious" leaders would prefer pilfering money donated by the public to finance their over sized egos. But the peak of this shame is using it to purchase private jets that are expensive to maintain and while at the same time seeing members of their congregation leaving a life of squalor! I pray the ummah never fall into such a state of cruelty and wickedness! Amin.

5 Likes

Re: Why Are Muslim Imams Not Buying Private Jets? by misterhillz(m): 2:51pm On Nov 13, 2012
Adamsdelrio: Frankly, if imams are able to get d money, fame, attention and recognition that pastors are getting, they will buy jets too. They are humans and they will also have their own reasons too. Stop labelling imams as being more religious than pastors. NOBODY HOLY PASS!!
that is because the congregation of Muslims that attends mosque are stingy.so u wan tell me say dem atiku and babangida no go fit donate give their imam for development. that's why u can't compare Christianity with Islam. when u attend church services every Sunday,na still Christians dey give alms to those beggars.wetin their brothers dey fit do?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Ramadan To Occur Twice In Year 2030 / Sokoto Community Defies Sultan's Directives, Observes Sallah On Sunday / Do Muslims from Northern Nigeria have native names?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.