Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,334 members, 7,864,602 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 09:24 PM

How To Deal With An Atheist Child - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How To Deal With An Atheist Child (7507 Views)

How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? / Seun Kuti Is Happy, He Is An Atheist / Why I Am Not An Atheist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Deal With An Atheist Child by Nobody: 5:36pm On Nov 13, 2012
lagerwhenindoubt: QUESTION - how did sampson kill 1,000,000 philistines with a donkeys jaw-bone grin

JAW-BONE OF A GROWN-A.S.S JEWISH-SPARTACUS DONKEY

WRESTLING OIL IN GENEROUS QUANTITIES
14 As he approached Lehi, the Philistines came to meet him, shouting in triumph. And then the Spirit of GOD came on him with great power. The ropes on his arms fell apart like flax on fire; the thongs slipped off his hands.

AVERAGE PHILISTINE SOLDIER - One Beefed-up South-side Mofo!

AVERAGE PHILISTINE WEAPON OF CHOICE

Multiplied by 1,000,000 divided by 24hrs shocked shocked shocked shocked nigguh pur leaaase shocked shocked that is 83.3 seconds per kill. is u crazy, is u on some jamaican shyte!! grin grin

Lwtmb. Dude, you work at Disney pictures? Or maybe help with Boondocks or some shyt like that? You got talent for satire, you know. grin

Anyhow, Samson would qualify as a miracle, now, wouldn't he?
Re: How To Deal With An Atheist Child by Nobody: 5:38pm On Nov 13, 2012
cyrexx:

seriously and honestly, Ihedinobi, how would you react if your grown up child announces to you that she find the claims of christianity unbelievable.

Will you slap her?

Why the deuce would I?
Re: How To Deal With An Atheist Child by Nobody: 5:40pm On Nov 13, 2012
Logicboy03:

Trolololollolol

Keep on trolling

No more than you do, now, is it?
Re: How To Deal With An Atheist Child by Nobody: 5:49pm On Nov 13, 2012
Ihedinobi:

Lwtmb. Dude, you work at Disney pictures? Or maybe help with Boondocks or some shyt like that? You got talent for satire, you know. grin

Indeed...
Re: How To Deal With An Atheist Child by wiegraf: 7:39pm On Nov 13, 2012
Ihedinobi:

Sorry, couldn't hang around just then. grin

Yeah, Jesus's mother was a v, what about it?

My mom tells me I'm the most special, wonderful, handsomest, smartest being in the universe. Of course I like to believe that is true as well. What about it?
Re: How To Deal With An Atheist Child by Nobody: 10:09pm On Nov 13, 2012
wiegraf:

My mom tells me I'm the most special, wonderful, handsomest, smartest being in the universe. Of course I like to believe that is true as well. What about it?

Man, your dad must really be SOMETHING grin
Re: How To Deal With An Atheist Child by wiegraf: 10:21pm On Nov 13, 2012
Ihedinobi:

Man, your dad must really be SOMETHING grin

I know, right? Despite the fact my mom has convinced both of us I am incredibly awesome, for some reason everyone else disagrees
Re: How To Deal With An Atheist Child by Nobody: 10:57pm On Nov 13, 2012
wiegraf:

I know, right? Despite the fact my mom has convinced both of us I am incredibly awesome, for some reason everyone else disagrees

I don't know, maybe it's cos you still have a mirror reflection...... hmmm....... undecided
Re: How To Deal With An Atheist Child by Image123(m): 12:04am On Nov 14, 2012
Logicboy03:

^^^^
This comment was paid for and endorsed by Athiest haters of Niaraland who pay atheists like Manmustwacc to speak against atheism and other atheists.

angry angry angry

Most atheists here have always condmened violence without hesitation. We use words.

I would debate my child and show him or her why I dont believe in god.
see the way you misread and misunderstood your fellow?
Re: How To Deal With An Atheist Child by Image123(m): 12:07am On Nov 14, 2012
Ihedinobi:

the sly one even called it 1000000 to sound incredulous. liar accusing another of lying!
Re: How To Deal With An Atheist Child by Nobody: 12:07am On Nov 14, 2012
Image123:
see the way you misread and misunderstood your fellow?

blame it on the alcohol......

I thought that he wrote "atheists" but he wrote "theists"
Re: How To Deal With An Atheist Child by wiegraf: 12:11am On Nov 14, 2012
Ihedinobi:

I don't know, maybe it's cos you still have a mirror reflection...... hmmm....... undecided

Maybe. Point is that despite telling myself that, everyone else tells me it is false. So, mary was a virgin, yet she gave birth. This before the advent of science that could accomplish such as feat. Do you see where the problem is? Was it aliens that planted the baby in there, or god? And more importantly, why do you believe that this happened just because it's in a book of rather haphazardly put together stories? Does it boil down to you saying "because it says so"?
Re: How To Deal With An Atheist Child by Nobody: 12:12am On Nov 14, 2012
Every child was born an atheist . The unfortunate ones are being born into the house hold of religious parents.

A man works hard all week,goes home,watch movies with all smiles with his wife and kids.... Then goes to church on sunday to hear how he will burn in hell.
Re: How To Deal With An Atheist Child by Nobody: 12:35am On Nov 14, 2012
wiegraf:

Maybe. Point is that despite telling myself that, everyone else tells me it is false. So, mary was a virgin, yet she gave birth. This before the advent of science that could accomplish such as feat. Do you see where the problem is? Was it aliens that planted the baby in there, or god? And more importantly, why do you believe that this happened just because it's in a book of rather haphazardly put together stories? Does it boil down to you saying "because it says so"?

To show that the bible was written by clever men, the term "The Gods" was turned to God.

Who were these gods? My best guess is Aliens who are capable of getting a virgin pregnant.
Re: How To Deal With An Atheist Child by Nobody: 12:47am On Nov 14, 2012
wiegraf:

Gee, you sure don't like miracles, do you?

Lemme ask you, is it strange that we can make virgins today pregnant?
Re: How To Deal With An Atheist Child by wiegraf: 2:21pm On Nov 14, 2012
Ihedinobi:

Gee, you sure don't like miracles, do you?

Lemme ask you, is it strange that we can make virgins today pregnant?

Isn't that obvious? I should accept a virgin became pregnant without any evidence whatsoever because? What kind of stuff do you think I smoke?

No it's not strange, thanks to the very nicely objectively verifiable science.
Re: How To Deal With An Atheist Child by Nobody: 3:55pm On Nov 14, 2012
wiegraf:

Isn't that obvious? I should accept a virgin became pregnant without any evidence whatsoever because? What kind of stuff do you think I smoke?

No it's not strange, thanks to the very nicely objectively verifiable science.

Lol. Priceless. You sniff at miracles cos you think it's not "objectively verifiable". Wish you could go to one village in Abia State and explain that Mama Adaku's dear daughter need not mess around to get that baby bump. Think you're up to it? cheesy
Re: How To Deal With An Atheist Child by Nobody: 4:56pm On Nov 14, 2012
Ihedinobi:

Lol. Priceless. You sniff at miracles cos you think it's not "objectively verifiable". Wish you could go to one village in Abia State and explain that Mama Adaku's dear daughter need not mess around to get that baby bump. Think you're up to it? cheesy

Re: How To Deal With An Atheist Child by Nobody: 5:00pm On Nov 14, 2012
Logicboy03:

Yeah I know. Excess crap still in your head, that's why. I'll do the enema thing soon. Just try not to squirm, will ya? smiley
Re: How To Deal With An Atheist Child by F00028: 5:29pm On Nov 14, 2012
Re: How To Deal With An Atheist Child by F00028: 5:29pm On Nov 14, 2012
ifeness: Every child was born an atheist...

that's a bit of a stretch, aint it?
Re: How To Deal With An Atheist Child by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 5:40pm On Nov 14, 2012
F00028:

that's a bit of a stretch, aint it?

No it is not.. a confusing problem my muslim friend faced when he claimed true Muslims are born not converted. guess what? your mind is molded by your parent's belief from the day you are born until the day you begin to think for yourself (if you are that lucky). so yes - everyone is born a blank, open-minded atheist. no it is not a stretch
Re: How To Deal With An Atheist Child by F00028: 5:47pm On Nov 14, 2012
lagerwhenindoubt:

No it is not.. a confusing problem my muslim friend faced when he claimed true Muslims are born not converted. guess what? your mind is molded by your parent's belief from the day you are born until the day you begin to think for yourself (if you are that lucky). so yes - everyone is born a blank, open-minded atheist. no it is not a stretch

if everyone is born an atheist, how did religion start?...when did religion start?...why did religion start?
Re: How To Deal With An Atheist Child by Nobody: 6:05pm On Nov 14, 2012
F00028:

if everyone is born an atheist, how did religion start?...when did religion start?...why did religion start?

Religion started when the first 419 realised the human beings could be brainwashed and he could use fear into amassing power and women

1 Like

Re: How To Deal With An Atheist Child by wiegraf: 6:35pm On Nov 14, 2012
Ihedinobi:

I'm not sure which bush you want enter with this post right here. But yes, the bold is very accurate.
Re: How To Deal With An Atheist Child by F00028: 7:03pm On Nov 14, 2012
Logicboy03:
Religion started when the first 419 realised the human beings could be brainwashed and he could use fear into amassing power and women

but if they were natural born atheists he couldn't have gotten very far with that hustle, could he ? undecided

a global 2012 poll reports that 59% of the world's population is religious, 23% are
not religious, and only 13% are atheists.

am getting this strange feeling maybe man does have a natural inclination to God. could be it's them atheists thats brainwashed...am just saying.

1 Like

Re: How To Deal With An Atheist Child by Nobody: 7:06pm On Nov 14, 2012
F00028:

but if they were natural born atheists he couldn't have gotten very far with that hustle, could he ? undecided

a global 2012 poll reports that 59% of the world's population is religious, 23% are
not religious, and only 13% are atheists.

am getting this strange feeling maybe man does have a natural inclination to God. could be it's them atheists thats brainwashed...am just saying.

It is also very natural to assume that the world is flat. Our basic instincts are not lways correct. That is why we have brains to overcome such flaw.

Any religion is in the minority. There are more non christians than christians 66% to 33%. More non Muslims than muslims.
Re: How To Deal With An Atheist Child by F00028: 7:53pm On Nov 14, 2012
Logicboy03:
It is also very natural to assume that the world is flat. Our basic instincts are not lways correct. That is why we have brains to overcome such flaw.
well, in that case even if one is born atheist, if he takes a good look at the world around him his brain should tell him theres is a Supernatural Designer.

Logicboy03:
Any religion is in the minority. There are more non christians than christians 66% to 33%. More non Muslims than muslims.

nah! for the "every child was born an atheist" claim you cant spin it that way. its still a relatively meager 13% versus rest of us. you guys still look like the aberration
Re: How To Deal With An Atheist Child by Nobody: 7:55pm On Nov 14, 2012
F00028:
well, in that case even if one is born atheist, if he takes a good look at the world around him his brain should tell him theres is a Supernatural Designer.

nah! for the "every child was born an atheist" claim you cant spin it that way. its still a relatively meager 13% versus rest of us. you guys still look like the aberration

Simple. Were you born a muslim or your parents taught you or you were converted?
Re: How To Deal With An Atheist Child by Image123(m): 7:56pm On Nov 14, 2012
dunno about being born atheists, but I'm sure no one was born with an education or a language. These are essentials and every child deserves to be trained and moulded and mentored. Not abandoned to do what he likes.
Re: How To Deal With An Atheist Child by Nobody: 8:04pm On Nov 14, 2012
Image123: dunno about being born atheists, but I'm sure no one was born with an education or a language. These are essentials and every child deserves to be trained and moulded and mentored. Not abandoned to do what he likes.

Must a child be taught christianity?

I will teach my children about christianity but only as literature
Re: How To Deal With An Atheist Child by manmustwac(m): 8:29pm On Nov 14, 2012
Logicboy03:

^^^^
This comment was paid for and endorsed by Athiest haters of Niaraland who pay atheists like Manmustwacc to speak against atheism and other atheists.

angry angry angry

Most atheists here have always condmened violence without hesitation. We use words.

I would debate my child and show him or her why I dont believe in god.
What makes you think i'm being paid to type by atheist haters? I remember reading in another topic pastormustwac saying that am seun using another I.D. now your saying am being paid to type by atheist haters angry Am not even being paid for the time i use to moderate this section its just voluntary work. Well if your serious about what you said then its illogical. Infact its DUMB! to even believe such nonsense. angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How To Find Peace & Lasting Happiness. / Yoruba Concept Of Heaven / The Reality Of Restitution –when, How , Why………..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.