Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,615 members, 7,861,904 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 10:50 PM

How To Deal With An Atheist Child - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How To Deal With An Atheist Child (7504 Views)

How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? / Seun Kuti Is Happy, He Is An Atheist / Why I Am Not An Atheist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Deal With An Atheist Child by Nobody: 6:06pm On Nov 15, 2012
Ihedinobi: Beloved la cosa nostra, don't worry and fear so much, mm. Do you not know the One to Whom our lives and ways have been entrusted? He is able to keep His Own from falling. You're free to live your life confident that He will correct every misstep and straighten you out.

The loss of your freedom amounts to loss of effectiveness for our Lord. Don't be afraid, my brother. Our God is utterly able.

Oh really? The less than fortunate christians that made fatal mistakes nko?
Re: How To Deal With An Atheist Child by Nobody: 6:08pm On Nov 15, 2012
Logicboy03:

This is called projection. You memorise the bible and then project it on atheists that they give memorised replies.

You peeps just love to argue with common sense and evidence

Hey, baby atheist, still haven't eaten your proteins today, have you? grin
Re: How To Deal With An Atheist Child by Nobody: 6:08pm On Nov 15, 2012
Ihedinobi:

Hey, baby atheist, still haven't eaten your proteins today, have you? grin

Trololololol
Re: How To Deal With An Atheist Child by lacosanostra: 6:12pm On Nov 15, 2012
@ihedinobi heard u loud nd clear, Logicboy apum aka.
Re: How To Deal With An Atheist Child by MrAnony1(m): 6:55pm On Nov 15, 2012
la cosa nostra: ok nd u knw we dont hv to argue with atheist on every topic, they will only shout debunked, we've run away, logic wont agree with us on this nd whatever reply they hv memorised.
Lol, I know. Actually logicboy has vowed not to argue with me again simply because I didn't let him get away with his usual illogical nonsense.....of course he accused me of all sorts of things while shouting "epic fail" and "debunked" in the process. That's one less rambling barrel to worry about if you ask me.

I don't have so much time on my hands these days so mostly when I come to NL it is just to play. logicboy is easy pickings for me, he is fun to toy with really, you should try it sometime.

I am not really into trolling him and hurling insults but I like to engage him from time to time because when you play with him long enough, sooner or later he bites his own tail. What makes it even more fun is that he usually doesn't notice this but continues to chew viciously on his tail while shouting in his ignorance. It is hilarious entertainment to watch I tell ya.
Re: How To Deal With An Atheist Child by lacosanostra: 7:08pm On Nov 15, 2012
yeah i knw wat u talking about,in my own case he started yawning.
Re: How To Deal With An Atheist Child by Nobody: 7:17pm On Nov 15, 2012
Logicboy03:

Oh really? The less than fortunate christians that made fatal mistakes nko?

Like who, freak?
Re: How To Deal With An Atheist Child by Nobody: 7:18pm On Nov 15, 2012
Logicboy03:

Trololololol

grin
Re: How To Deal With An Atheist Child by wiegraf: 7:24pm On Nov 15, 2012
Mr_Anony:
I know right? me too, I remember how my parents forced me to greet my elders in the morning, forced me to say "thank you" after eating, forced me to adopt their tribal cultural norms, heck they even forced me to go to school and learn English, Maths, Social Studies and Science.

My very wicked parents didn't give me the chance to sit down with them and logically argue my choice of primary school and the culture I wanted to adopt. How desperately wicked they were!

Can you believe that my father, even went as far as 'forcing' me to be patriotic to Nigeria, a country I don't necessarily like that much? In fact, we had a massive argument (and I am sure he had to restrain himself from slapping me) when I had come of age and told him that I really didn't like the Super Eagles because they are a rubbish team.

How are math, english, etc, the same as indoctrinating you into a religion? These are technical skills, not belief systems.

And speaking of patriotism, let's look at north korea. All that propaganda, and most importantly, not giving their citizens a choice. They're government persecutes the few lucky ones cognizant of other philosophies that choose not to subscribe to the government's. This it does while extolling its own philosophy as unambiguously being the 'perfect', correct, or best one. This is a claim that cannot even be truly objectively ascertained, therefore it's unfalsifiable. A completely nonsense claim portrayed as fact.

In their case, their system is clearly not 'perfect' by most of humanity's standards. There certainly are other systems that work, in fact much better ones based on criteria like say the hdi. All a citizen would have to do is cross their southern borders and voila, gangnam style. A system many of them would much rather prefer, but they are denied both this information and a means to get to the south. They're even denied the power to enact change in their own yards, it's a one party system. Heck, even their freedom to think for themselves has been constrained.

The korean government's methods are an excellent example of religious indoctrination at work. If your patriotism was attained via similar methods, then obviously yes, you were coerced. Most faith-based religions are perpetuated using similar tactics.
Re: How To Deal With An Atheist Child by Image123(m): 10:52pm On Nov 15, 2012
musKeeto:
Adam's ipad... I see ur working on your trolling skills.. Hats off to u and vedaxcool, u guys are really putting in some work..
you didn't answer the question, i hope you take my advice though. What is really the meaning of 'troll' and 'trolling' by the way?
Re: How To Deal With An Atheist Child by Nobody: 3:22am On Nov 16, 2012
Image123:
you didn't answer the question, i hope you take my advice though. What is really the meaning of 'troll' and 'trolling' by the way?
Did you find your goat brother?
Re: How To Deal With An Atheist Child by MrAnony1(m): 8:20am On Nov 16, 2012
wiegraf:

How are math, english, etc, the same as indoctrinating you into a religion? These are technical skills, not belief systems.

And speaking of patriotism, let's look at north korea. All that propaganda, and most importantly, not giving their citizens a choice. They're government persecutes the few lucky ones cognizant of other philosophies that choose not to subscribe to the government's. This it does while extolling its own philosophy as unambiguously being the 'perfect', correct, or best one. This is a claim that cannot even be truly objectively ascertained, therefore it's unfalsifiable. A completely nonsense claim portrayed as fact.

In their case, their system is clearly not 'perfect' by most of humanity's standards. There certainly are other systems that work, in fact much better ones based on criteria like say the hdi. All a citizen would have to do is cross their southern borders and voila, gangnam style. A system many of them would much rather prefer, but they are denied both this information and a means to get to the south. They're even denied the power to enact change in their own yards, it's a one party system. Heck, even their freedom to think for themselves has been constrained.

The korean government's methods are an excellent example of religious indoctrination at work. If your patriotism was attained via similar methods, then obviously yes, you were coerced. Most faith-based religions are perpetuated using similar tactics.
Frankly, I fail to see how your response has much to do with what I am talking about. I pointing at the absurdity of suggesting that people should engage in discussions with their underaged children over how they would like to be raised. If you would like to reply me, please be sure to address the point I am making.
Re: How To Deal With An Atheist Child by Nobody: 11:50am On Nov 16, 2012
Mr_Anony:
Frankly, I fail to see how your response has much to do with what I am talking about. I pointing at the absurdity of suggesting that people should engage in discussions with their underaged children over how they would like to be raised. If you would like to reply me, please be sure to address the point I am making.

Erm please, could you leave my thread? I promise that I will not enter any thread you open. wink

You always play straw men. Just look at the bold in your comment. Who made that statement? Who said that people should discuss with underage children on how they should be raised?

The point being made here is that parents should teach their children facts and teach them the reasoning behind certain norms not just tell them that they must do something or follow a religion blindly.
Re: How To Deal With An Atheist Child by Image123(m): 2:01pm On Nov 16, 2012
musKeeto:
Did you find your goat brother?
i didnt get the joke.can you answer any of my questions?
Re: How To Deal With An Atheist Child by Nobody: 2:04pm On Nov 16, 2012
Image123:
i didnt get the joke.can you answer any of my questions?

lol.....yes, what about the goat brother wanted to learn about tolerance with? grin grin

too funny!
Re: How To Deal With An Atheist Child by MrAnony1(m): 2:31pm On Nov 16, 2012
Logicboy03:

Erm please, could you leave my thread? I promise that I will not enter any thread you open. wink

You always play straw men. Just look at the bold in your comment. Who made that statement? Who said that people should discuss with underage children on how they should be raised?

The point being made here is that parents should teach their children facts and teach them the reasoning behind certain norms not just tell them that they must do something or follow a religion blindly.
Hahahahaha............I thought you were done engaging me forever. Pity you didn't even last a day.

Who said parents are not teaching their children facts? I thought you said your religion atheism has no doctrine. How come you now feel qualified to tell parents how to raise their kids?

Every parent has the right to teach to raise their kids to hold the same values they hold dear (in a sense, parents teach their kids how to reason) For instance, s far as a muslim parent is concerned Allah is an undisputable fact in the same way you will probably raise your kids to believe that Allah is fiction. Religion is thought to kids the same way alphabets, numbers and cultural norms are thought. Get used to it.
Re: How To Deal With An Atheist Child by Nobody: 2:44pm On Nov 16, 2012
Mr_Anony:
Hahahahaha............I thought you were done engaging me forever. Pity you didn't even last a day.

Who said parents are not teaching their children facts? I thought you said your religion atheism has no doctrine. How come you now feel qualified to tell parents how to raise their kids?

Every parent has the right to teach to raise their kids to hold the same values they hold dear (in a sense, parents teach their kids how to reason) For instance, s far as a muslim parent is concerned Allah is an undisputable fact in the same way you will probably raise your kids to believe that Allah is fiction. Religion is thought to kids the same way alphabets, numbers and cultural norms are thought. Get used to it.

Did you make any logical argument above?

Anyways, kindly leave the thread.
Re: How To Deal With An Atheist Child by MrAnony1(m): 2:50pm On Nov 16, 2012
Logicboy03:

Did you make any logical argument above?

Anyways, kindly leave the thread.

Gone
Re: How To Deal With An Atheist Child by wiegraf: 3:44pm On Nov 16, 2012
Mr_Anony:
I know right? me too, I remember how my parents forced me to greet my elders in the morning, forced me to say "thank you" after eating, forced me to adopt their tribal cultural norms, heck they even forced me to go to school and learn English, Maths, Social Studies and Science.

My very wicked parents didn't give me the chance to sit down with them and logically argue my choice of primary school and the culture I wanted to adopt. How desperately wicked they were!

Can you believe that my father, even went as far as 'forcing' me to be patriotic to Nigeria, a country I don't necessarily like that much? In fact, we had a massive argument (and I am sure he had to restrain himself from slapping me) when I had come of age and told him that I really didn't like the Super Eagles because they are a rubbish team.

me:

Mr_Anony:

Either you're being blatantly disingenuous, or you're so brainwashed it's made you mentally blind. How was my post unrelated to yours? I'm highlighting the differences between and education, healthy socialization and indoctrination and it's somehow not related to your post about the same 3 things?

I suppose I'm as off topic as I failed to explain to you morality from an biological perspective on the other thread?
Re: How To Deal With An Atheist Child by Image123(m): 6:27pm On Nov 19, 2012
Logicboy03:

lol.....yes, what about the goat brother wanted to learn about tolerance with? grin grin

too funny!
does this quote make any sense of any quantity to anybody please?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Things To Know About Prayer Partners And Prayer Points / Yoruba Concept Of Heaven / Who Authorized Sunday Worship?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.