Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,567 members, 7,865,370 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 04:41 PM

How To Deal With An Atheist Child - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How To Deal With An Atheist Child (7508 Views)

How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? / Seun Kuti Is Happy, He Is An Atheist / Why I Am Not An Atheist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Deal With An Atheist Child by Nobody: 8:31pm On Nov 14, 2012
manmustwac: What makes you think i'm being paid to type by atheist haters? I remember reading in another topic pastormustwac saying that am seun using another I.D. now your saying am being paid to type by atheist haters angry Am not even being paid for the time i use to moderate this section its just voluntary work. Well if your serious about what you said then its illogical. Infact its DUMB! to even believe such nonsense. angry

Calm down....I was under the influence when I wrote that comment. grin grin grin
Re: How To Deal With An Atheist Child by Nobody: 8:33pm On Nov 14, 2012
Image123: dunno about being born atheists, but I'm sure no one was born with an education or a language. These are essentials and every child deserves to be trained and moulded and mentored. Not abandoned to do what he likes.
Interesting....
Re: How To Deal With An Atheist Child by Nobody: 8:36pm On Nov 14, 2012
Yeye question.

Christians always trying to force religion on their children.

How do you deal with an Atheist child? You follow your bible's doctrine by not judging him/her and accepting her as a "child of God", regardless of his/her belief.

Serve me a Bible and 6 bottles of beer with it please.

[img]http://3.bp..com/-H2YgTr90K0w/UBSs4HL9sfI/AAAAAAAAAMA/5MOJmf2NW3E/s1600/Need+a+Drink.gif[/img]
Re: How To Deal With An Atheist Child by Nobody: 8:39pm On Nov 14, 2012
*Ileke-IdI:
Yeye question.

Christians always trying to force religion on their children.

How do you deal with an Atheist child? You follow your bible's doctrine by not judging him/her and accepting her as a "child of God", regardless of his/her belief.

Serve me a Bible and 6 bottles of beer with it please.

[img]http://3.bp..com/-H2YgTr90K0w/UBSs4HL9sfI/AAAAAAAAAMA/5MOJmf2NW3E/s1600/Need+a+Drink.gif[/img]

lol....lies. You deal with the atheist child by condemning him or her to hell!
Re: How To Deal With An Atheist Child by Nobody: 9:27pm On Nov 14, 2012
wiegraf:

I'm not sure which bush you want enter with this post right here. But yes, the bold is very accurate.

Well, you want to preach the gospel of scientific virgin birth in our hinterlands or not? And to old-timers?
Re: How To Deal With An Atheist Child by F00028: 9:28pm On Nov 14, 2012
Logicboy03:
Simple. Were you born a muslim or your parents taught you or you were converted?

i was born with an innate inclination to God. islam is its articulation. you?
Re: How To Deal With An Atheist Child by Nobody: 9:29pm On Nov 14, 2012
Logicboy03:

Calm down....I was under the influence when I wrote that comment. grin grin grin

Nothing new there. You practically exist under the influence.
Re: How To Deal With An Atheist Child by Nobody: 9:34pm On Nov 14, 2012
Logicboy03:

Must a child be taught christianity?

I will teach my children about christianity but only as literature

Freak! Must a child be taught language? And stop lying! You couldn't tell what Christianity is to save your life much less teach somebody else about it.
Re: How To Deal With An Atheist Child by wiegraf: 10:14pm On Nov 14, 2012
Ihedinobi:

Well, you want to preach the gospel of scientific virgin birth in our hinterlands or not? And to old-timers?

Oh, I get it now. But who says I want go convert some woman for village. Na her sabi

Semi-random

"FOR many, the urge to believe in transcendental existence and immortality is overpowering. Transcendentalism, especially when reinforced by religious faith, is psychically full and rich; it feels somehow right. By comparison, empiricism seems sterile and inadequate. In the quest for ultimate meaning the transcendentalist route is much easier to follow. That is why, even as empiricism is winning the mind, transcendentalism continues to win the heart. Science has always defeated religious dogma point by point when differences between the two were meticulously assessed. But to no avail. In the United States 16 million people belong to the Southern Baptist denomination, the largest favoring a literal interpretation of the Christian Bible, but the American Humanist Association, the leading organization devoted to secular and deistic humanism, has only 5,000 members.

Still, if history and science have taught us anything, it is that passion and desire are not the same as truth. The human mind evolved to believe in gods. It did not evolve to believe in biology. Acceptance of the supernatural conveyed a great advantage throughout prehistory, when the brain was evolving. Thus it is in sharp contrast to the science of biology, which was developed as a product of the modern age and is not underwritten by genetic algorithms. The uncomfortable truth is that the two beliefs are not factually compatible. As a result, those who hunger for both intellectual and religious truth face disquieting choices."

The bolded bit will lead to your surrendering your soul, soon.
Re: How To Deal With An Atheist Child by Nobody: 10:15pm On Nov 14, 2012
F00028:

i was born with an innate inclination to God. islam is its articulation. you?

That is your belief
Re: How To Deal With An Atheist Child by Nobody: 10:18pm On Nov 14, 2012
Ihedinobi:

Freak! Must a child be taught language? And stop lying! You couldn't tell what Christianity is to save your life much less teach somebody else about it.

You made a failed argument that many theist make.

Language is different. Communication is necessary for humans as social animals.

I was a christian. Who are you to say who isnt a christian and who is? Are you foolish?
Re: How To Deal With An Atheist Child by Nobody: 10:54pm On Nov 14, 2012
Logicboy03:

You made a failed argument that many theist make.

Language is different. Communication is necessary for humans as social animals.

I was a christian. Who are you to say who isnt a christian and who is? Are you foolish?

Oh shut up, atheist, you never never never were a Christian. cheesy You wouldn't know Christ even if you collided with Him on the streets (ah well, you run into Him everyday on NL, so......).

On the one hand, I said language, not communication. Can't the child grow up to choose the language he prefers for communication? Why shove down his throat the idioms and nuances and idiosyncrasies of a language he might not like?

On the other hand, who says communication is necessary at all to human beings? Baby atheist, who/what decides what's necessary and what's not? You? grin

1 Like

Re: How To Deal With An Atheist Child by Nobody: 11:01pm On Nov 14, 2012
wiegraf:

Oh, I get it now. But who says I want go convert some woman for village. Na her sabi

Semi-random

"FOR many, the urge to believe in transcendental existence and immortality is overpowering. Transcendentalism, especially when reinforced by religious faith, is psychically full and rich; it feels somehow right. By comparison, empiricism seems sterile and inadequate. In the quest for ultimate meaning the transcendentalist route is much easier to follow. That is why, even as empiricism is winning the mind, transcendentalism continues to win the heart. Science has always defeated religious dogma point by point when differences between the two were meticulously assessed. But to no avail. In the United States 16 million people belong to the Southern Baptist denomination, the largest favoring a literal interpretation of the Christian Bible, but the American Humanist Association, the leading organization devoted to secular and deistic humanism, has only 5,000 members.

Still, if history and science have taught us anything, it is that passion and desire are not the same as truth. The human mind evolved to believe in gods. It did not evolve to believe in biology. Acceptance of the supernatural conveyed a great advantage throughout prehistory, when the brain was evolving. Thus it is in sharp contrast to the science of biology, which was developed as a product of the modern age and is not underwritten by genetic algorithms. The uncomfortable truth is that the two beliefs are not factually compatible. As a result, those who hunger for both intellectual and religious truth face disquieting choices."

The bolded bit will lead to your surrendering your soul, soon.

Lol. See? You get the problem now, don't you? Your "objectively verifiable science" would mean just as much to her as God's miracles mean to you. grin You aren't more intellectually advanced for rejecting things you do not understand.

And what on earth is "religious truth"?
Re: How To Deal With An Atheist Child by Nobody: 11:13pm On Nov 14, 2012
Ihedinobi:

Oh shut up, atheist, you never never never were a Christian. cheesy You wouldn't know Christ even if you collided with Him on the streets (ah well, you run into Him everyday on NL, so......).

On the one hand, I said language, not communication. Can't the child grow up to choose the language he prefers for communication? Why shove down his throat the idioms and nuances and idiosyncrasies of a language he might not like?

On the other hand, who says communication is necessary at all to human beings? Baby atheist, who/what decides what's necessary and what's not? You? grin

I was not a christian? What makes you think tat you're even a real christian? Do you think catholics would find your positions on Christ "christian"? Do you evn use a complete bible? A christian is anyone that says he believes in Jesus (irrespective if they think he is man or god) and follows his teachings religiously.
Simple. There are various christians. Who are you to pick and chose who is an who isnt?

What is the basic unit of communication if not language, you retardeen? This is the kind of foolishness and pseudo-intellectualism that you get from Anony abd his disciple. I dont choose language. The language is a necessary [size=18pt]contingent[/size] on where someone lives or was born. My Aunt speaks 3 languages because she was born and resident in 3 different countries.

Without language, how are you meant to interact and survive with others? Dumbazz. And is this the same case with religion? D I need religion to interact with people? Would you be talking to me if not for language?
Re: How To Deal With An Atheist Child by wiegraf: 12:24am On Nov 15, 2012
Ihedinobi:

Lol. See? You get the problem now, don't you? Your "objectively verifiable science" would mean just as much to her as God's miracles mean to you. grin You aren't more intellectually advanced for rejecting things you do not understand.

And what on earth is "religious truth"?

There's nothing to understand there, except trolls that have somehow lasted millenia. Some sweet talking priests just hit the jackpot, is all. Found out how to make 1+1=3 to those grappling with mortality, etc.

More random: By the way, you seem to demonstrating a few of the things in this article. More quotes

"Successful religions typically begin as cults, which then increase in power and inclusiveness until they achieve tolerance outside the circle of believers. At the core of each religion is a creation myth, which explains how the world began and how the chosen people -- those subscribing to the belief system -- arrived at its center. Often a mystery, a set of secret instructions and formulas, is available to members who have worked their way to a higher state of enlightenment. The medieval Jewish cabala, the trigradal system of Freemasonry, and the carvings on Australian aboriginal spirit sticks are examples of such arcana. Power radiates from the center, gathering converts and binding followers to the group. Sacred places are designated, where the gods can be importuned, rites observed, and miracles witnessed."

"The understanding and control of life is another source of religious power. Doctrine draws on the same creative springs as science and the arts, its aim being the extraction of order from the mysteries and tumult of the material world. To explain the meaning of life it spins mythic narratives of the tribal history, populating the cosmos with protective spirits and gods. The existence of the supernatural, if accepted, testifies to the existence of that other world so desperately desired.

Religion is also mightily empowered by its principal ally, tribalism. The shamans and priests implore us, in somber cadence, Trust in the sacred rituals, become part of the immortal force, you are one of us. As your life unfolds, each step has mystic significance that we who love you will mark with a solemn rite of passage, the last to be performed when you enter that second world, free of pain and fear."

I wouldn't know what religious truth is. Maybe like immaculate conceptions?
Re: How To Deal With An Atheist Child by UyiIredia(m): 2:23am On Nov 15, 2012
The girl probably deserved the slap. The way she was talking was annoying. In any case I will debate an atheist child but I doubt I would have one.
Re: How To Deal With An Atheist Child by Nobody: 2:29am On Nov 15, 2012
lagerwhenindoubt: QUESTION - how did sampson kill 1,000,000 philistines with a donkeys jaw-bone grin

JAW-BONE OF A GROWN-A.S.S JEWISH-SPARTACUS DONKEY

WRESTLING OIL IN GENEROUS QUANTITIES
14 As he approached Lehi, the Philistines came to meet him, shouting in triumph. And then the Spirit of GOD came on him with great power. The ropes on his arms fell apart like flax on fire; the thongs slipped off his hands.

AVERAGE PHILISTINE SOLDIER - One Beefed-up South-side Mofo!

AVERAGE PHILISTINE WEAPON OF CHOICE

Multiplied by 1,000,000 divided by 24hrs shocked shocked shocked shocked nigguh pur leaaase shocked shocked that is 83.3 seconds per kill. is u crazy,

grin grin

is u on some jamaican shyte!! grin grin

soooo not funny. tongue
Re: How To Deal With An Atheist Child by Nobody: 2:30am On Nov 15, 2012
Uyi Iredia: The girl probably deserved the slap. The way she was talking was annoying. In any case I will debate an atheist child but I doubt I would have one.

Like I said, you are a psychopath with no understanding of right and wrong. Why would someone need violence to defend god from a child?
Re: How To Deal With An Atheist Child by misterhillz(m): 2:35am On Nov 15, 2012
*Kails*:
lol..una funny ehn.guy Samson strong dat year o.only him go fit boko haram if to say e dey 9ja grin

grin grin

soooo not funny. tongue
Re: How To Deal With An Atheist Child by UyiIredia(m): 2:36am On Nov 15, 2012
Logicboy03:

Like I said, you are a psychopath with no understanding of right and wrong. Why would someone need violence to defend god from a child?

So the slap the woman gave was violent ?
The mother was being strict not violent. And please, I'm not a psycopath.
Re: How To Deal With An Atheist Child by Nobody: 3:03am On Nov 15, 2012
Uyi Iredia:

So the slap the woman gave was violent ?
The mother was being strict not violent. And please, I'm not a psycopath.

You are. You dismiss slavery and violence easily.

If you saw an atheist being lynched by a christian mob, you would probably like it and be aroused.
Re: How To Deal With An Atheist Child by UyiIredia(m): 3:30am On Nov 15, 2012
Logicboy03:

You are. You dismiss slavery and violence easily.

I dismiss violence but not slavery of the past. Slavery of the past was necessary since technology was very rudimentary. What was evil about it was the sometimes inhuman treatment of slaves. BTW, I am not a psycopath.

Logicboy03: If you saw an atheist being lynched by a christian mob, you would probably like it and be aroused.

No I won't neither will I be aroused.
Re: How To Deal With An Atheist Child by Nobody: 5:50am On Nov 15, 2012
Uyi Iredia:

I dismiss violence but not slavery of the past. Slavery of the past was necessary since technology was very rudimentary. What was evil about it was the sometimes inhuman treatment of slaves.
What 'slavery' was unnecessary then?
Re: How To Deal With An Atheist Child by Image123(m): 6:29am On Nov 15, 2012
Ihedinobi:

grin
Ihedinobi:

Re: How To Deal With An Atheist Child by Image123(m): 6:44am On Nov 15, 2012
Logicboy03:

Must a child be taught christianity?

I will teach my children about christianity but only as literature
yep, because true Christianity is a better option for the child and for the world, compared to those men of atheistic philosophies like Stalin, Hitler and Mussolini.
Re: How To Deal With An Atheist Child by Nobody: 7:17am On Nov 15, 2012
Image123:
yep, because true Christianity is a better option for the child and for the world, compared to those men of atheistic philosophies like Stalin, Hitler and Mussolini.
#person - Ignore
Re: How To Deal With An Atheist Child by MrAnony1(m): 9:31am On Nov 15, 2012
Ihedinobi:

I know right? me too, I remember how my parents forced me to greet my elders in the morning, forced me to say "thank you" after eating, forced me to adopt their tribal cultural norms, heck they even forced me to go to school and learn English, Maths, Social Studies and Science.

My very wicked parents didn't give me the chance to sit down with them and logically argue my choice of primary school and the culture I wanted to adopt. How desperately wicked they were!

Can you believe that my father, even went as far as 'forcing' me to be patriotic to Nigeria, a country I don't necessarily like that much? In fact, we had a massive argument (and I am sure he had to restrain himself from slapping me) when I had come of age and told him that I really didn't like the Super Eagles because they are a rubbish team.
Re: How To Deal With An Atheist Child by Nobody: 10:10am On Nov 15, 2012
Logicboy03:

I was not a christian? What makes you think tat you're even a real christian? Do you think catholics would find your positions on Christ "christian"? Do you evn use a complete bible? A christian is anyone that says he believes in Jesus (irrespective if they think he is man or god) and follows his teachings religiously.
Simple. There are various christians. Who are you to pick and chose who is an who isnt?

What is the basic unit of communication if not language, you retardeen? This is the kind of foolishness and pseudo-intellectualism that you get from Anony abd his disciple. I dont choose language. The language is a necessary [size=18pt]contingent[/size] on where someone lives or was born. My Aunt speaks 3 languages because she was born and resident in 3 different countries.

Without language, how are you meant to interact and survive with others? Dumbazz. And is this the same case with religion? D I need religion to interact with people? Would you be talking to me if not for language?

Where'd you get the bolded from? Ah, don't tell me, you pulled it outta your crap-for-brains illogical head, didn't you? cheesy I swear, you're the only guy I know with a shyt-filled head and who needs a brain enema to think half-right cheesy cheesy

So what constitutes you so much an expert on Christianity that you're sure you can slap on any definitions you like on it and make it stick? Typical atheist! grin

Whatcha talkin bout language? Ain't you never seen lunatics using speech and still not making any kinda sense? Bet you have, bet you even saw one this morning . . . when you looked in the mirror, that is. cheesy Typical atheist!

Who says I need to survive with others? Why can't I survive by myself? Why do I need to survive at all, ya freak? Typical baby atheist! grin
Re: How To Deal With An Atheist Child by Nobody: 10:16am On Nov 15, 2012
Mr_Anony:
I know right? me too, I remember how my parents forced me to greet my elders in the morning, forced me to say "thank you" after eating, forced me to adopt their tribal cultural norms, heck they even forced me to go to school and learn English, Maths, Social Studies and Science.

My very wicked parents didn't give me the chance to sit down with them and logically argue my choice of primary school and the culture I wanted to adopt. How desperately wicked they were!

Can you believe that my father, even went as far as 'forcing' me to be patriotic to Nigeria, a country I don't necessarily like that much? In fact, we had a massive argument (and I am sure he had to restrain himself from slapping me) when I had come of age and told him that I really didn't like the Super Eagles because they are a rubbish team.

laughing myself to stupor! grin grin
Re: How To Deal With An Atheist Child by Nobody: 10:27am On Nov 15, 2012
wiegraf:

There's nothing to understand there, except trolls that have somehow lasted millenia. Some sweet talking priests just hit the jackpot, is all. Found out how to make 1+1=3 to those grappling with mortality, etc.

More random: By the way, you seem to demonstrating a few of the things in this article. More quotes

"Successful religions typically begin as cults, which then increase in power and inclusiveness until they achieve tolerance outside the circle of believers. At the core of each religion is a creation myth, which explains how the world began and how the chosen people -- those subscribing to the belief system -- arrived at its center. Often a mystery, a set of secret instructions and formulas, is available to members who have worked their way to a higher state of enlightenment. The medieval Jewish cabala, the trigradal system of Freemasonry, and the carvings on Australian aboriginal spirit sticks are examples of such arcana. Power radiates from the center, gathering converts and binding followers to the group. Sacred places are designated, where the gods can be importuned, rites observed, and miracles witnessed."

"The understanding and control of life is another source of religious power. Doctrine draws on the same creative springs as science and the arts, its aim being the extraction of order from the mysteries and tumult of the material world. To explain the meaning of life it spins mythic narratives of the tribal history, populating the cosmos with protective spirits and gods. The existence of the supernatural, if accepted, testifies to the existence of that other world so desperately desired.

Religion is also mightily empowered by its principal ally, tribalism. The shamans and priests implore us, in somber cadence, Trust in the sacred rituals, become part of the immortal force, you are one of us. As your life unfolds, each step has mystic significance that we who love you will mark with a solemn rite of passage, the last to be performed when you enter that second world, free of pain and fear."

I wouldn't know what religious truth is. Maybe like immaculate conceptions?

Geez, dude! Have you met Mama Adaku? You sound so exactly like her. grin

Them quotes taste funny. Don't know if they're hilarious enough for me to call them comedies or silly enough for me to call them folk tales for kids. #thinkin'boutit#

Religious truth is immaculate conception? Dude, if yo tryna confuse me, you just hit the jackpot? Are you talking about Jesus's conception? What's religious about that?
Re: How To Deal With An Atheist Child by Nobody: 11:57am On Nov 15, 2012
Ihedinobi:

Where'd you get the bolded from? Ah, don't tell me, you pulled it outta your crap-for-brains illogical head, didn't you? cheesy I swear, you're the only guy I know with a shyt-filled head and who needs a brain enema to think half-right cheesy cheesy

So what constitutes you so much an expert on Christianity that you're sure you can slap on any definitions you like on it and make it stick? Typical atheist! grin

Whatcha talkin bout language? Ain't you never seen lunatics using speech and still not making any kinda sense? Bet you have, bet you even saw one this morning . . . when you looked in the mirror, that is. cheesy Typical atheist!

Who says I need to survive with others? Why can't I survive by myself? Why do I need to survive at all, ya freak? Typical baby atheist! grin

1) Notice how you didnt say what was wrong with my definition of christianity

2) If you want to raise your child to be a lunatic, be my guest.
Re: How To Deal With An Atheist Child by Nobody: 12:08pm On Nov 15, 2012
Ihedinobi:

laughing myself to stupor! grin grin

Of course. You would find sense in your Master's nonsensical comment.

1) Teaching facts vs teaching religion is what the discussion is about. I wonder how you found sense in someone comparing being taught maths and English to religion.

2) Culture is not different from religion in many cases. Teaching someone to say "thank you" or to be respectful is something that goes beyond any culture. It is a universal and logical approach to interacting with humans.
Culture is as foolish as religion when you break it down to certain rituals like not shaking someone with your left hand.
Culture, like religion should be taught as "what is" rather than "what ought".

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How To Find Peace & Lasting Happiness. / Yoruba Concept Of Heaven / The Reality Of Restitution –when, How , Why………..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.