Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,196 members, 7,953,712 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 12:17 AM

Is It Proper To Reduce Your Age To Get a Job? - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Is It Proper To Reduce Your Age To Get a Job? (19270 Views)

BOI To Reduce Unemployment Rate By Single Digit / What Is The Proper Way Of Sending CV Through Email? / Is It Proper To Quit So Soon?! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Proper To Reduce Your Age To Get a Job? by tebill(m): 6:36am On Feb 02, 2013
Biological Age.....Normal
Passport Age......Sharply Reduced (make i go come die for this country)
Mental Age........Sharply Increased(I no fit carry last)
Re: Is It Proper To Reduce Your Age To Get a Job? by Rajman(m): 6:43am On Feb 02, 2013
as for me i go reduce ma age if the is worth it, no b bad tin na
Re: Is It Proper To Reduce Your Age To Get a Job? by luluosas(m): 7:03am On Feb 02, 2013
Pidivine: Is It Proper For Any Reason To Reduce Your Age To Get a job?

It has become a norm for job seekers to reduce their age(s) to secure jobs no thanks to employers of labour. Please do you think it is proper either as a christian or moslem?.
It is not proper, no matter who you are. The best thing to do is to simply come in plain truth because, it is truth that will set you free in the first place. Thank you.
Re: Is It Proper To Reduce Your Age To Get a Job? by rainbowb(f): 7:18am On Feb 02, 2013
its nt proper but the situation in this country would permit u to do so..it's not easy to get a job nd if u want to get one,u can lie abt ur age
Re: Is It Proper To Reduce Your Age To Get a Job? by rainbowb(f): 7:34am On Feb 02, 2013
JOYCEOUS: na gals dy do am pas & u mntion popsi dem (na gals dm b too?)
u dey claim say n girls dey do am pass,shey u never lie b4..abeg na equal afterall we be human being
Re: Is It Proper To Reduce Your Age To Get a Job? by Nobody: 7:40am On Feb 02, 2013
There's this Nigerians chick that I've known since 2010. This sister parked at 25 since 2010

Women lies a lot when it comes to age. But Nigerians got phd in that field. I believe those age lies starts at American embassy over there and they can't change it off of the system here. It's gonna cost them a few years setback on social security and other elderly benefits just like there's prices to pay for every other lies.
Re: Is It Proper To Reduce Your Age To Get a Job? by doggshaven: 7:41am On Feb 02, 2013
150million likes
Re: Is It Proper To Reduce Your Age To Get a Job? by Goldenheart(m): 7:46am On Feb 02, 2013
this is y i aint looking for Job. i m an employer of labour...

1 Like

Re: Is It Proper To Reduce Your Age To Get a Job? by Redstone(m): 8:07am On Feb 02, 2013
It is not right in any way no matter the intent. But I think it is just a Nigerian thing, in developed world, age is not a barrier in getting a job, what is considered is your capacity to solve problems at work place, and not age. But in Nigeria, age is a barrier, and a typical Nigerian scenario is this, a graduate at the age of 24, starts looking for job and for 5 years he has not been able to get a job. Not because he doesn't have the capacity to work, but because he probably has a 2.2 and all employers are looking for 2.1, or he has 2.1 and employers are looking for first class. Time soon passes by and he wakes up one day to realize that his 30th birthday is around the corner. How does he then get a job when the age is limit is even set at 27?

Why would someone set age for employment considering the fact that it takes a lot of years to get a job. As an employer, I will seek problem solution ability in individuals.

I think the employers orientation needs total overhaul, that is why lots of people are jobless today, and lying to get a job in desperation now becomes inevitable because henormshe needs the job badly to survive and especially in a country where starting a business is like pushing an elephant through the eye of a needle.

I remember in New York, an American wanted to start an ice cream cafe, aside from his technical know how all he needed is to walk into the mall use his credit card to shop for all the equipments he needed, electricity is very constant, so naturally, half of his business needs has been met, but in Nigeria, even with the best business idea, you can't start it of you do t have the cash.

May God help us achieve our dream, NOT by lying, but in truth always.

1 Like

Re: Is It Proper To Reduce Your Age To Get a Job? by luc26(f): 8:09am On Feb 02, 2013
In naija YES!
Re: Is It Proper To Reduce Your Age To Get a Job? by Awoofawo(m): 8:44am On Feb 02, 2013
cardoso111: No declaration of age is a demon that has robbed many people ofgenuine employment.Many who would have retired are still holdinng tigjtly to their job out of fear!they robbed the youth of any opening to employment today!No employer has given any new job in the last several years!Most media adverts are a fluke.Few exceptions though!God help us all amen

true talk o jawe!
The reason most of oga for work alway spotted clean shaved is cause they are trying to hide their grey hair and some dye their hair (which may exposes their true age). People go figure!
Re: Is It Proper To Reduce Your Age To Get a Job? by mich2012: 8:49am On Feb 02, 2013
Wendyslim: Do what you need to do to get what you want. There is no big deal in it.

Typical female orientation, no offense though!

@ OP, it's wrong, eventually, the truth will be known.
Re: Is It Proper To Reduce Your Age To Get a Job? by timowale: 8:53am On Feb 02, 2013
bumps: Same judgement dat is applied to those reducing their age shld be applied to those employer given age specification.
why won't employers give age specifications? imo,the human strenght declines as age afvances.for instance a 50years old can not exert same energy @work as a 25years old would.
Re: Is It Proper To Reduce Your Age To Get a Job? by olanyte: 8:54am On Feb 02, 2013
FOR ME I GET NO OPTION NA WAEC REDUCED IT FOR ME
Re: Is It Proper To Reduce Your Age To Get a Job? by JOYCEOUS(f): 8:58am On Feb 02, 2013
rainbow b: u dey claim say n girls dey do am pass,shey u never lie b4..abeg na equal afterall we be human being
Babe shey u 4 1st read pesn wey i quote b4 attackin me. No b me talk am na!
Re: Is It Proper To Reduce Your Age To Get a Job? by OK1(m): 9:06am On Feb 02, 2013
SirMethod: In a case where ur WAEC Cert DOB(not ur fault) is different from ur real DOB. What wld u do? Saying ur true DOB is a lie to them and giving the false DOB in the cert is their truth. What wld u do?
who altered it in d first place...eitherway u r stil a lier
Re: Is It Proper To Reduce Your Age To Get a Job? by Mloadedtk: 9:07am On Feb 02, 2013
browse & download free on all opera handler wit latest etisalat tweak,visit
WWW.MLOADED.TK
WWW.MLOADED.TK
WWW.MLOADED.TK
WWW.MLOADED.TK
WWW.MLOADED.TK
WWW.MLOADED.TK
WWW.MLOADED.TK
WWW.MLOADED.TK
WWW.MLOADED.TK

dis 1 nebi spam,dis z wat am enjoyn nw.AM NT STINGI SEEING Z BELEIVING
Re: Is It Proper To Reduce Your Age To Get a Job? by plainmirror(m): 9:10am On Feb 02, 2013
If Ʊ ask ♏e ........?
Na who I go ask.......?
Τђё mata wey Ʊ Ơ̴̴̴̴͡.̮Ơ̴̴̴͡ so........
E tey wey e start.........
Re: Is It Proper To Reduce Your Age To Get a Job? by azimibraun: 9:15am On Feb 02, 2013
Na GEJ % pdp me I blame sha... If him and him ppl for create job nw, all dis age reduction wld hv bin a tin of d past.
Re: Is It Proper To Reduce Your Age To Get a Job? by mightlove(f): 9:26am On Feb 02, 2013
its a capital NO for me
Re: Is It Proper To Reduce Your Age To Get a Job? by vislabraye(m): 9:54am On Feb 02, 2013
But wait O, if you're not joining the military or playing football, why should age be a criterion?

MultiNationals like Shell, Chevron etc are equal opportunity employers. How does age make any oe less fit for the job?

1 Like

Re: Is It Proper To Reduce Your Age To Get a Job? by Otaki: 9:54am On Feb 02, 2013
Y not shocked
Re: Is It Proper To Reduce Your Age To Get a Job? by u3fine(m): 9:56am On Feb 02, 2013
90% of those saying they are xtains and will not do that are in reality the once that reduced there age.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Proper To Reduce Your Age To Get a Job? by Pidivine: 10:18am On Feb 02, 2013
Yomieluv: Yep,especially when Jamb,Waec,ASUU strike,or witches from your village wey dey follow u bumper to bumper, no gree leave u on time.its normal,will call it football age.
You're funny sha.
Re: Is It Proper To Reduce Your Age To Get a Job? by Pidivine: 10:27am On Feb 02, 2013
Aafulenu:

my age was increased mistakenly in my waec and ave been using it that way eva since
One in a trillion.
Re: Is It Proper To Reduce Your Age To Get a Job? by farem: 10:46am On Feb 02, 2013
uzeba: I don't think it is wrong, because some people didn't even know their age!! If them increse or reduce it, it is just ignorance not sin!! #kapish#
[color=#990000]
Ignorance? Demonic ignorance that would make people mark down their age five-ten years below the age of their classmates in primary and secondary schools? Ignorance that never allows you to have inflated age in the face of lower age opportunity? Ignorance so much that the last born of your mama (2 or 3 to you) is now your age mate? THEM IGNORANCE CAN WILL TAKE YOU TO HELL! You know many are born again now and are living righteous, BUT they never take serious the that the Blood of Jesus would not erase sin (official, inflated age) they decided to keep themselves! Satan is too strategic, waiting for them! I HAVE DONE IT BEFORE, I NEVER HAD PEACE! It is too hidden that it can be forgotten. I am asking God to help me clear as many that are hanging on my way to Eternal Life. Thank you.
Re: Is It Proper To Reduce Your Age To Get a Job? by IncomeTutor: 10:52am On Feb 02, 2013
You finish university at age 27.

Employer of labour needs trainees
at 25 years or less.

You have been at home for 3 years
no job.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm!
Re: Is It Proper To Reduce Your Age To Get a Job? by newmaonza: 11:07am On Feb 02, 2013
If thats the only barrier between me and the Job.......mehn I no go think twice b4 i claim 5 year old pikin sef wink, O boi Naija Labor Market is not for the faint hearted cry
Re: Is It Proper To Reduce Your Age To Get a Job? by Originalsly: 11:32am On Feb 02, 2013
Christian or no Christian...Muslim or no Muslim...a good employer would fire you for dishonesty the day they find out.Who wants a dishonest employee?

1 Like

Re: Is It Proper To Reduce Your Age To Get a Job? by farem: 11:38am On Feb 02, 2013
[quote author=olanyte]FOR ME I GET NO OPTION NA WAEC REDUCED IT FOR ME.
Liar! If WAEC has increased it for you, would you still not have option?
Re: Is It Proper To Reduce Your Age To Get a Job? by obyrich(m): 12:48pm On Feb 02, 2013
In a morally sound country where there is justice, equity and fair-play it is not proper. However, in a rat-hole, make-believe and criminal den like Nigeria, IT IS PROPER.What I know is that if the same ethical standards are used in judging all human race, nobody in the present day Nigeria will enter Heaven.
Re: Is It Proper To Reduce Your Age To Get a Job? by obyrich(m): 1:03pm On Feb 02, 2013
farem: [color=#990000]
Ignorance? Demonic ignorance that would make people mark down their age five-ten years below the age of their classmates in primary and secondary schools? Ignorance that never allows you to have inflated age in the face of lower age opportunity? Ignorance so much that the last born of your mama (2 or 3 to you) is now your age mate? THEM IGNORANCE CAN WILL TAKE YOU TO HELL! You know many are born again now and are living righteous, BUT they never take serious the that the Blood of Jesus would not erase sin (official, inflated age) they decided to keep themselves! Satan is too strategic, waiting for them! I HAVE DONE IT BEFORE, I NEVER HAD PEACE! It is too hidden that it can be forgotten. I am asking God to help me clear as many that are hanging on my way to Eternal Life. Thank you.
Before condemning him to hell, have you taken your time to ask the morality behind placing age limits for employment in a country like Nigeria? What is wrong with a30 year old man or woman working in a bank when we all know that only few people dream of working till they attain the official retirement age? The truth is that you can't make heaven from Nigeria, better relocate if you are serious with your heavenly race. [b]IS DISCRIMINATION ON THE BASIS OF AGE NOT SATANIC?[/b]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Have You Ever Lost A Job Due To Your Tribe / Fresh Graduate Recruitment At Konga Nigeria / Apply Now For Federal Civil Service Commission Fresh Recruitment - 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.