Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,067 members, 7,810,998 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:24 PM

What The Heck Is Wrong With Etisalat's BIS?!!!!! - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / What The Heck Is Wrong With Etisalat's BIS?!!!!! (988 Views)

Anybody Also Having Issues With Etisalat Simple Server / Etisalat Bis Users - Before You Resubscribe, Read This / Can I Realy Browse Unlimited With Etisalat BIS On My Pc? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What The Heck Is Wrong With Etisalat's BIS?!!!!! by inspbado(m): 11:38am On Nov 13, 2012
Hello guys, I'm having connectivity problems with my Etisalat BIS. Going to 2months now,I have been finding it difficult to get a decent edge or 3G connection on my phone. I don't know if it's a general problem(maybe due to the upgrading of their facilities) or it's my phone acting up. So people I'll like to know whether anyone out there is also experiencing the same problem,cos I'm really thinking of switching to Airtel o!!!
Re: What The Heck Is Wrong With Etisalat's BIS?!!!!! by walcolm(m): 11:42am On Nov 13, 2012
inspbado: Hello guys, I'm having connectivity problems with my Etisalat BIS. Going to 2months now,I have been finding it difficult to get a decent edge or 3G connection on my phone. I don't know if it's a general problem(maybe due to the upgrading of their facilities) or it's my phone acting up. So people I'll like to know whether anyone out there is also experiencing the same problem,cos I'm really thinking of switching to Airtel o!!!

i have been using Etisalat BIS without any problem for more than 6months back to back. i have travelled to several locations in naija and it has worked without any problem

are you sure there's nothing wrong with your device?

if you provide more info about your device, maybe we can help you
Re: What The Heck Is Wrong With Etisalat's BIS?!!!!! by inspbado(m): 12:21pm On Nov 13, 2012
@walcom thanks bro. I don't really think it's my phone that's got the problem. The thing is, I get the edge connection only in the early hours of the morning and very late at night. Ie btw 7am-10am and 10pm and 2am. Apart from these times,I hardly get a connection on my phone and where the connection is even there I cannot browse or access any application on the phone(except my BBM, that is). I use a curve3, by the way
Re: What The Heck Is Wrong With Etisalat's BIS?!!!!! by walcolm(m): 1:33pm On Nov 13, 2012
inspbado: @walcom thanks bro. I don't really think it's my phone that's got the problem. The thing is, I get the edge connection only in the early hours of the morning and very late at night. Ie btw 7am-10am and 10pm and 2am. Apart from these times,I hardly get a connection on my phone and where the connection is even there I cannot browse or access any application on the phone(except my BBM, that is). I use a curve3, by the way

for BIS to work, you must have data connection and you know if the signal shows 'EDGE', '3G' or 'H+' (note the capital letters)

if you are seeing 'edge', '3g' it means you don't have data connection
Re: What The Heck Is Wrong With Etisalat's BIS?!!!!! by Kellymann: 4:31pm On Nov 15, 2012
Data or BIS service actually depends on the several factors which could range from strength of network, number of users and your device. Since you use a 3G device, that has been ruled out. The issue may be that etisalat network is not strong in your area. You might try calling their customer care line to lodge a complain or send them an email. Their email address is care@etisalat.com.ng. You will surely get a feedback.
Re: What The Heck Is Wrong With Etisalat's BIS?!!!!! by inspbado(m): 6:39pm On Nov 21, 2012
Thanks guys. I think the guys at Etisalat have fixed the problem. The connection is now blazing fast!!

(1) (Reply)

Which browsing Plan Re You On For Your PC Or Devices,... / What Is Wrong With MTN Family And Friends? / 2go For Android

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.