Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,970 members, 7,835,256 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:45 AM

What Should Be Done About The Nigerian Gay & Lesbian Problem? - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Should Be Done About The Nigerian Gay & Lesbian Problem? (9257 Views)

Desmond Tutu's Daughter Weds Her Lesbian Partner & he Was there (Pics) / PHOTOS: I Abandoned My Five Children To Become A Lesbian / Jide Macaulay, Nigerian Gay Pastor Writes Letter To Homophobes With Bible Quotes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Should Be Done About The Nigerian Gay & Lesbian Problem? by Nobody: 10:19pm On Nov 17, 2012
Logicboy03:

OMG....I am dying with laughter! Why does everyone think that I am some kind of teenager? You know what? I give up! angry

Anyways, it makes no difference, I am always going to be an atheist. Its very difficult for an atheist to convert back

Don't worry, I know you're not a teenager . . . yet. tongue And who said anything about converting you? smiley
Re: What Should Be Done About The Nigerian Gay & Lesbian Problem? by Nobody: 10:24pm On Nov 17, 2012
Ihedinobi:

Don't worry, I know you're not a teenager . . . yet. tongue And who said anything about converting you? smiley

Dont mind me, just ventilating!
Re: What Should Be Done About The Nigerian Gay & Lesbian Problem? by Nobody: 10:26pm On Nov 17, 2012
Logicboy03:

Dont mind me, just ventilating!

Yeah, I get it. Well, gotta go to bed now. Not been keeping good sleeping habits. See you on the other side of the sun, man. Gute nacht smiley
Re: What Should Be Done About The Nigerian Gay & Lesbian Problem? by MrAnony1(m): 4:26am On Nov 18, 2012
Logicboy03:
Anyways, it makes no difference, I am always going to be an atheist. Its very difficult for an atheist to convert back
........but not impossible
Re: What Should Be Done About The Nigerian Gay & Lesbian Problem? by Nobody: 4:51am On Nov 18, 2012
Mr_Anony:
........but not impossible

Seriously? You have zero chance of convincing any atheist into crhistianity. or you, it is impossible. Every atheist here has complained about your Anonyism. Escaping arguments dubiously and asking questions rather than tabling evidence.

Unlike you, I have actually shown many peeps the light
Re: What Should Be Done About The Nigerian Gay & Lesbian Problem? by MrAnony1(m): 5:21am On Nov 18, 2012
Logicboy03:

Seriously? You have zero chance of convincing any atheist into crhistianity. or you, it is impossible. Every atheist here has complained about your Anonyism. Escaping arguments dubiously and asking questions rather than tabling evidence.

Unlike you, I have actually shown many peeps the light
Lol really? or you just insulted and bullied them into the darkness?

It is not my duty to convince anyone into Christ. It is the Holy Spirit that convicts a man. He can save you the same way He saved me from my former foolishness called atheism.
Re: What Should Be Done About The Nigerian Gay & Lesbian Problem? by Delafruita(m): 7:25am On Nov 18, 2012
Mr_Anony:

It is not my duty to convince anyone into Christ. It is the Holy Spirit that convicts a man. He can save you the same way He saved me from my former foolishness called atheism.
apparently the popes didnt trust the holy spirit to do a good job which is why they went on wars to "conquer" in the name of christ
Re: What Should Be Done About The Nigerian Gay & Lesbian Problem? by MrAnony1(m): 7:30am On Nov 18, 2012
Delafruita: apparently the popes didnt trust the holy spirit to do a good job which is why they went on wars to "conquer" in the name of christ
red herring alert: irrelevant to the discussion here.
Re: What Should Be Done About The Nigerian Gay & Lesbian Problem? by Nobody: 12:55pm On Nov 18, 2012
Mr_Anony:

1) The bible tells you to spread the faith not the holy ghost

2) If you describe atheism as foolishness, you were never an atheist.

You know the difference between me and you?

People can say that I'm abusive (and I agree at times) but you will hardly find someone that will claim that I am dishonest.

All atheists here have unanimously granted you a certificate of dishonesty in your arguments. There is no chance in hell that you can ever convince any thinking atheist to christianity with your behaviour
Re: What Should Be Done About The Nigerian Gay & Lesbian Problem? by Nobody: 1:12pm On Nov 18, 2012
Logicboy03:

1) The bible tells you to spread the faith not the holy ghost

Goes to show how much you really know of the Bible smiley

2) If you describe atheism as foolishness, you were never an atheist.

Ah, sweet revenge! smiley You can now tell someone to his face that he never was an atheist because he calls atheism foolishness when yourself would never accept testimony that you never were a Christian when that testimony takes into account your non-existent comprehension of Christianity. grin

You know the difference between me and you?

People can say that I'm abusive (and I agree at times) but you will hardly find someone that will claim that I am dishonest.

All atheists here have unanimously granted you a certificate of dishonesty in your arguments. There is no chance in hell that you can ever convince any thinking atheist to christianity with your behaviour

@bolded, wishful thinking much? cheesy

1 Like

Re: What Should Be Done About The Nigerian Gay & Lesbian Problem? by Nobody: 1:27pm On Nov 18, 2012
Ihedinobi:

Goes to show how much you really know of the Bible smiley

<< Matthew 4:19 >>

New International Version (©1984)
"Come, follow me," Jesus said, "and I will make you fishers of men."

<< Mark 16:15 >>

He said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation

Matthew 28:19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,

Ihedinobi:
Ah, sweet revenge! smiley You can now tell someone to his face that he never was an atheist because he calls atheism foolishness when yourself would never accept testimony that you never were a Christian when that testimony takes into account your non-existent comprehension of Christianity. grin

I was a christian- I believed in Jesus and went to church. There is material evidence to my claims

Anony claims to have been an atheist, however, Anony has never even one day said one thing positive about atheism. He lies that it leads to satanism and calls it "foolishness".

Ihedinobi:
@bolded, wishful thinking much? cheesy

Re: What Should Be Done About The Nigerian Gay & Lesbian Problem? by Nobody: 1:52pm On Nov 18, 2012
Logicboy03:

<< Matthew 4:19 >>

"Come, follow me," Jesus said, "and I will make you fishers of men."

<< Mark 16:15 >>

He said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation

Matthew 28:19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,

And which of those tasks the Christian with "spreading the faith and not the Holy Ghost"? If you knew Christianity, you'd know that the Faith of the Lord Jesus a.k.a. the Gospel is inseperable from the Holy Ghost.

I was a christian- I believed in Jesus and went to church. There is material evidence to my claims

Anony claims to have been an atheist, however, Anony has never even one day said one thing positive about atheism. He lies that it leads to satanism and calls it "foolishness".

What's this material evidence?

Maybe having once been an atheist he knows nothing good that he can say about it.

Yeah I know. You can only fight so hard, you know. Kicking against the pricks is a sustenable activity only so far. smiley
Re: What Should Be Done About The Nigerian Gay & Lesbian Problem? by Nobody: 1:56pm On Nov 18, 2012
Ihedinobi:

And which of those tasks the Christian with "spreading the faith and not the Holy Ghost"? If you knew Christianity, you'd know that the Faith of the Lord Jesus a.k.a. the Gospel is inseperable from the Holy Ghost.

What's this material evidence?

Maybe having once been an atheist he knows nothing good that he can say about it.

Yeah I know. You can only fight so hard, you know. Kicking against the pricks is a sustenable activity only so far. smiley

Yawn. Anony said that it is the holy ghost's job to convince people to the faith. I disagreed and said that it was the christian's job.

I was saying that the christain is the one to spread the faith not the holy ghost ot spread it
Re: What Should Be Done About The Nigerian Gay & Lesbian Problem? by Nobody: 2:13pm On Nov 18, 2012
Logicboy03:

Yawn. Anony said that it is the holy ghost's job to convince people to the faith. I disagreed and said that it was the christian's job.

I was saying that the christain is the one to spread the faith not the holy ghost ot spread it

You really should look into that brain fatigue, you yawn too much when you suddenly get faced with brainwork. Makes it look like you're going completely brain-dead.

Meeehn, you done muddled things up, made a right pretty mess of it all. sad The Christian is the Holy Spirit's instrument for bringing the Word aka the Gospel aka the knowledge of the Faith to you, but the conviction, that persuasion in the heart is not the believer's job. It's his. Furthermore, just as your car can be said to take you to London, it is you who drive it there.

In like manner, the Holy Spirit "drives" the believer to share Him with a struggling unbeliever. In sharing the Faith, it is the Holy Spirit that the Christian shares and the Holy Spirit persuades the heart to let Him in. Only He can entreat the heart, nobody but God has the reins of a man's heart. And the Holy Spirit is mighty good at His job, though the heart can be steeled against His gentle entreaties, and quite a number of times is.

1 Like

Re: What Should Be Done About The Nigerian Gay & Lesbian Problem? by cyrexx: 2:15pm On Nov 18, 2012
^^

so the holy spirit, who is actually god almighty, is the one tasked with responsibility of making people become true christians. In that case, looking at christian to non-christian ratio, he is sure doing a lousy job, cos satan evidently knows better than him how to win more souls.
Re: What Should Be Done About The Nigerian Gay & Lesbian Problem? by Nobody: 2:15pm On Nov 18, 2012
Ihedinobi:

You really should look into that brain fatigue, you yawn too much when you suddenly get faced with brainwork. Makes it look like you're going completely brain-dead.

Meeehn, you done muddled things up, made a right pretty mess of it all. :( The Christian is the Holy Spirit's instrument for bringing the Word aka the Gospel aka the knowledge of the Faith to you, but the conviction, that persuasion in the heart is not the believer's job. It's his. Furthermore, just as your car can be said to take you to London, it is you who drive it there.

In like manner, the Holy Spirit "drives" the believer to share Him with a struggling unbeliever. In sharing the Faith, it is the Holy Spirit that the Christian shares and the Holy Spirit persuades the heart to let Him in. Only He can entreat the heart, nobody but God has the reins of a man's heart. And the Holy Spirit is mighty good at His job, though the heart can be steeled against His gentle entreaties, and quite a number of times is.

Spiritual mumbo jumbo
Re: What Should Be Done About The Nigerian Gay & Lesbian Problem? by mazaje(m): 2:35pm On Nov 18, 2012
Ihedinobi:

Meeehn, you done muddled things up, made a right pretty mess of it all. sad The Christian is the Holy Spirit's instrument for bringing the Word aka the Gospel aka the knowledge of the Faith to you, but the conviction, that persuasion in the heart is not the believer's job. It's his. Furthermore, just as your car can be said to take you to London, it is you who drive it there.

The heart only pumps blood to all parts of the body it has nothing to do with thoughts. . .The writers of the bible falsely thought the heart is what is responsible for thought and reasoning. When a person is anxious his heart beats faster as such they falsely thought reasoning comes from the heart. They didn't know anything about the brain. The bible is the word of ancient men that do not have as much knowledge as we now do. . .
Re: What Should Be Done About The Nigerian Gay & Lesbian Problem? by Nobody: 2:36pm On Nov 18, 2012
Logicboy03:

Spiritual mumbo jumbo

Frozen discombobulation grin
Re: What Should Be Done About The Nigerian Gay & Lesbian Problem? by Nobody: 2:38pm On Nov 18, 2012
cyrexx: ^^

so the holy spirit, who is actually god almighty, is the one tasked with responsibility of making people become true christians. In that case, looking at christian to non-christian ratio, he is sure doing a lousy job, cos satan evidently knows better than him how to win more souls.

If I remember correctly, you're the one who preferred submission to resignation. Are you hating on God now cos He gives man power to refuse Him? cheesy grin
Re: What Should Be Done About The Nigerian Gay & Lesbian Problem? by Nobody: 2:40pm On Nov 18, 2012
mazaje:

The heart only pumps blood to all parts of the body it has nothing to do with thoughts. . .The writers of the bible falsely thought the heart is what is responsible for thought and reasoning. When a person is anxious his heart beats faster as such they falsely thought reasoning comes from the heart. They didn't know anything about the brain. The bible is the word of ancient men that do not have as much knowledge as we now do. . .

Lol grin grin grin grin
Re: What Should Be Done About The Nigerian Gay & Lesbian Problem? by Kay17: 2:42pm On Nov 18, 2012
Christianity is too shallow.
Re: What Should Be Done About The Nigerian Gay & Lesbian Problem? by cyrexx: 2:44pm On Nov 18, 2012
Ihedinobi:

If I remember correctly, you're the one who preferred submission to resignation. Are you hating on God now cos He gives man power to refuse Him? cheesy grin

i was talking about wife submitting to a real entity called her husband, not humans submitting to an imaginary entity called yahweh.

You need prescription pills for your comprehension disabilities. I can recommend a good doctor for you.

grin grin
Re: What Should Be Done About The Nigerian Gay & Lesbian Problem? by Nobody: 3:01pm On Nov 18, 2012
Kay 17: Christianity is too shallow.

Oh, I don't know about that. I mean it's you guys that complain that we employ mental gymnastics to defend our Faith when we give you answers you can't rebut or something like that. cheesy

I think y'all need to make up your mind whether Christianity is too shallow or too deep. You keep accusing it of being both. grin
Re: What Should Be Done About The Nigerian Gay & Lesbian Problem? by Nobody: 3:03pm On Nov 18, 2012
Ihedinobi:

Oh, I don't know about that. I mean it's you guys that complain that we employ mental gymnastics to defend our Faith when we give you answers you can't rebut or something like that. cheesy

I think y'all need to make up your mind whether Christianity is too shallow or too deep. You keep accusing it of being both. grin

You really have comprehension problems which atheist has ever claimed that christianity is too deep?
Re: What Should Be Done About The Nigerian Gay & Lesbian Problem? by Nobody: 3:07pm On Nov 18, 2012
cyrexx:

i was talking about wife submitting to a real entity called her husband, not humans submitting to an imaginary entity called yahweh.

You need prescription pills for your comprehension disabilities. I can recommend a good doctor for you.

grin grin

But when you bother to assume this imaginary entity to be real (or join us in our imagination, as the case may be wink), you can't make up your mind if He's a bully or a wimp. You accuse Him both of being overbearing because He's the strongest and being too weak. It's not clear what you think He should be.

Anyhow, are there relationships you think are better with one paricipant resigning to the other's power/influence?
Re: What Should Be Done About The Nigerian Gay & Lesbian Problem? by Nobody: 3:09pm On Nov 18, 2012
Ihedinobi:

But when you bother to assume this imaginary entity to be real (or join us in our imagination, as the case may be wink), you can't make up your mind if He's a bully or a wimp. You accuse Him both of being overbearing because He's the strongest and being too weak. It's not clear what you think He should be.

Anyhow, are there relationships you think are better with one paricipant resigning to the other's power/influence?

Stop perambulating and admit your christianity is all about submission. Submitting your brain to the unscientific God and his flawed bible.
Re: What Should Be Done About The Nigerian Gay & Lesbian Problem? by Nobody: 3:10pm On Nov 18, 2012
Logicboy03:

You really have comprehension problems which atheist has ever claimed that christianity is too deep?

Um, lemme think about it.....you? What do you call anonyism, if not an ability to produce an answer that confounds your arguments? wink grin
Re: What Should Be Done About The Nigerian Gay & Lesbian Problem? by Nobody: 3:12pm On Nov 18, 2012
Logicboy03:

Stop perambulating and admit your christianity is all about submission. Submitting your brain to the unscientific God and his flawed bible.

What's wrong with submitting? Can someone who can't fight back submit?
Re: What Should Be Done About The Nigerian Gay & Lesbian Problem? by Nobody: 3:15pm On Nov 18, 2012
Ihedinobi:

Um, lemme think about it.....you? What do you call anonyism, if not an ability to produce an answer that confounds your arguments? wink grin

Anonyism is deceitful tactics employing both straw men and asking vague questions to escape the focus of the argument especiaaly when you are being debunked.

Example 1

Logicboy; the evolutionary basis of morality has to do with survival instincts that form our basic morality

Anony; What is the exact value of human life? If you cant give me the value then your argument is wrong.

==================================

Example 2

Logicboy; the evolutionary basis of morality has to do with survival instincts that form our basic morality

Anony; Evolution has no purpose and can not affect morality.

1 Like

Re: What Should Be Done About The Nigerian Gay & Lesbian Problem? by Nobody: 3:16pm On Nov 18, 2012
Ihedinobi:

What's wrong with submitting? Can someone who can't fight back submit?

Submitting your thinking faculty is okay with you? No wonder you are follow follow sheep
Re: What Should Be Done About The Nigerian Gay & Lesbian Problem? by wiegraf: 3:23pm On Nov 18, 2012
Logicboy03:

Anonyism is deceitful tactics employing both straw men and asking vague questions to escape the focus of the argument especiaaly when you are being debunked.

Example 1

Anony; What is the exact value of human life? If you cant give me the value then your argument is wrong.

Example 2

Quoted for truth.

There's more, you forget begging the question
Re: What Should Be Done About The Nigerian Gay & Lesbian Problem? by Nobody: 4:24pm On Nov 18, 2012
Logicboy03:

Example 1

Example 2

Well, shall we analyse the bolded? smiley

In the book of Sir Logicboy, knight of atheism, the following terms are defined rather interestingly

- straw men
- vague questions
- to escape the focus of the argument
- being debunked

I shall here provide said definitions according to said book and provide the implication of them in the above quote. Ahem.

1. Straw men = other forms of logicboy's arguments that expose the flaws in his arguments.

Given Sir Logicboy's extremely poor cognitive ability, it is not very surprising, is it, that he calls very relevant parallels of his argument straw men.

2. Vague questions = questions that Sir Logicboy either cannot comprehend (almost always that, in fact) or which he recognizes as capable of destroying his arguments (hardly ever this, actually).

Again, considering Sir Logicboy's contracting intellect, it is hardly surprising that he finds pretty lucid questions vague. He could ask for clarification but doing so might jeopardise his arguments. It's not very likely that he has enough intelligence to see that answering those questions would destroy his arguments though, so it's highly unlikely that he deliberately refuses to request clarification.

3. To escape the focus of the argument = to pick out flaws in logicboy's arguments especially by addressing the implications of those arguments which implications logicboy calls "straw men" (see #1 above).

Given Sir Logicboy's very narrow intellect, he does not recognize that arguments are like armies with flanks, arrow heads, rear guard and whatnots. As such an opening in the flanks, or anywhere else for that matter, is enough to bring the whole thing down upon itself. All he's able to see is that an argument has gone awry and always right at the beginning.

4. Being debunked = an exclamation of frustration.

Given Sir Logicboy's narrowing intellect and poor learning ability, he repeats his mistakes pretty often. As a result he suffers pretty much the same consequences. And given that the cycle has perpetuated itself, Sir Logicboy is stuck in a loop of frustration. So everytime he gets stuck in an argument, he uses recycled exclamations like "epic fail!" and "debunked!"

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

The Will Of God Vs My Will / Where Is 4EVERGOD, AKA NAIJADEYHIA? The Guy Who Said He has Raised The Dead. / Why Outward Appearance Is So Important For Christians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.