Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,594 members, 7,812,944 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:13 PM

I'm Totally Fed Up With Job Hunting - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I'm Totally Fed Up With Job Hunting (11070 Views)

My Funny Job Hunting Experience / What I Learnt From My Two Months Of Job Hunting / Federal Govt Pleads With Job Seekers To Apply For Fresh Immigration Exercise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm Totally Fed Up With Job Hunting by bob2039: 10:45am On Mar 25, 2008
My friend am in same situatn with you same yr,nysc,tho afta 9mths i took up a 20k job that to show i wasnt too keen on multi dollar.bt stil it was hel at the job i have to let go ever since have bein hunting.i knw how it is.even ur relations with castigate u.use parables,etc.bt let me tel you.al these things writen by felow landers expecialy going to our creator and seeking hs face.i did bt 4 d last 1mth i c people i never expect so concernd abt me.even geting strange text mesage 4rm bank to go and apply in their site and bring my pin,sum1 sent me cash to take d navy in abuja dat he want to push.etc c george the greatest employer is the man upstair. jah is d greatest.i wasnt i perfect man bt i seek hs face.george let me tel u.these ur thread made me cry.cos what every1 said is d greatest truth, i love u all.and nt even job hunt wil make me give anytin up.cos i stil have heaven to work for!it the best company that 1 can work.may jah bles every1 of you that has contributd if u have job already u must be promoted.amen
Re: I'm Totally Fed Up With Job Hunting by Moyola(f): 12:07pm On Mar 25, 2008
Patience has a reward; but dont put all ur eggs in 1 basket, huh. Ur time will come, u'l surely move from story 2 glory, God's delayance is definately not a denial.
Re: I'm Totally Fed Up With Job Hunting by ehie007(m): 12:12pm On Mar 25, 2008
George, i feel for you man, its not easy. Have faith in God and keep the struggle up, u will surely get a good job.

I waka too before i got this my job.

Anyway if ur 26 and below u can forward ur c.v to me (codebel@yahoo.com) i will forward it to my HR.
26 is the maximum age for entry level in my bank, u know some banks and their policies.

All the best man, and never look down at any opportunity or person, cos the smallest person can help you get a job.

A security officer in one of the banks(wont mention the name) got a job for my brother. God works in good and mysterious ways.
Re: I'm Totally Fed Up With Job Hunting by olutoha200: 12:37pm On Mar 25, 2008
Hi am also in the same shoe with you but hopefully i know God would answer our prayers so that we would be able to have a befitting job.
Re: I'm Totally Fed Up With Job Hunting by izeek(m): 12:40pm On Mar 25, 2008
if you will let God plan it out, u will be suprised at how much of a schemer he is,
they dont just call him the master planner for nothing.
believe me cos am a living testimony.
am in a job i dont deserve education wise,
i was frustrated and tired, but never lost hope.
i also taught computer science in schools to keep my time until my break came.
i know its definately God so lean on him .
wishing you the best.
Re: I'm Totally Fed Up With Job Hunting by Nobody: 1:23pm On Mar 25, 2008
To aviod tyhe pain of boredoom, you could apply as a volunteer for an organisation. Especially one that works in a field you want to grow in. Most may not apy you immediately, but you will be gaining experience and if an oppurtunity opens there you would be among those they consider.
Its really hard i know but you will make it by the Grace of God. This is the most difficlut period in any young persons lifebut good things will come
Re: I'm Totally Fed Up With Job Hunting by zains: 1:30pm On Mar 25, 2008
@ Poster,

Permit me to be real with you: A pity-party won't solve the problem here cos I can see the way you've been lapping up all the kind-hearted responses on the site. Don't pity yourself at all cos self-pity cripples will-power and leads to depression.

Pls note that nobody's situation is peculiar on this earth, we all have challenges and how we choose to solve them says a lot about who we are and are likely to become. I wonder if you have a burning dream or desire within you, if you do, do you have a road-map to get you there? I honestly don't think that your greatest dream should be getting a job. Jobs are about problem solving and solution provision. And you haven't clearly demonstrated a mastery of that even in your own life situation.

Your problem is that of self-development. Do you read? Is your mind a rich reservoir of knowledge? Buy books and read.
What is on the inside eventually shows on the outside.

Lastly, whatever your hands find to do, do it with all thy might. Work keeps the mind in top form. Also search your environment, whatever touches on your passion could be where your destiny lies.

God bless you! grin
Re: I'm Totally Fed Up With Job Hunting by brushparke(m): 1:54pm On Mar 25, 2008
zains:

@ Poster,

Permit me to be real with you: A pity-party won't solve the problem here because I can see the way you've been lapping up all the kind-hearted responses on the site. Don't pity yourself at all because self-pity cripples will-power and leads to depression.

Please note that nobody's situation is peculiar on this earth, we all have challenges and how we choose to solve them says a lot about who we are and are likely to become. I wonder if you have a burning dream or desire within you, if you do, do you have a road-map to get you there? I honestly don't think that your greatest dream should be getting a job. Jobs are about problem solving and solution provision. And you haven't clearly demonstrated a mastery of that even in your own life situation.

Your problem is that of self-development. Do you read? Is your mind a rich reservoir of knowledge? Buy books and read.
What is on the inside eventually shows on the outside.

Lastly, whatever your hands find to do, do it with all thy might. Work keeps the mind in top form. Also search your environment, whatever touches on your passion could be where your destiny lies.

God bless you! grin

Zains,
A lot of people won't like what you have said. You know why? People seem to think all they need to do is sit down at home and believe in God and the manner will come looking for them.

The truth remains that God will only give you what you deserve because he's not a partial God. Sometimes things happen to us and we are like Waoh! God is so merciful but he knows you can cope with the blessing he's sending your way before he gives it to you. God never makes mistakes.

Like they say, Luck and favour is preparation meeting opportunity. The right Job could come but if you ain't prepared, it will go somewhere else.
What you need to make it in this life is a strong will to succeed. In order words "faith". People don't know that faith is practical. You don't just say i believe and it happens. You have to find your self taking steps that you believe you are the right man for the job.
How do you show that?
You need knowledge and that bring us back to Reading, Read everything you can lay your hands on.
See when you were in school, you used to read just to pass exams. Unfortunately the Nigerian Education system dose not prepare us for real life survival but just to pass exams.

The point i will like to make here is that, the education that you need to make it in life starts after school.
If you always make the aptitute test but fail in the interviews, it means you are good enough to pass those exams but probably lack something they need in employable individuals.

The practical way to believe in God here is to ask God to show you that thing that you lack, so that you can work on it. You can do it. The natural thing is to blame government for you woes. But the earlier you start looking for the cause of your own failure within you, the better for you.
Re: I'm Totally Fed Up With Job Hunting by georgee(m): 2:19pm On Mar 25, 2008
@ponpin
I'll be very grateful if u can help me get that job ooooooo,thanxs a lot my email addy is thejawando@yahoo.com
Re: I'm Totally Fed Up With Job Hunting by shilees(f): 5:33pm On Mar 25, 2008
George, U NO GET PROBLEM walahi! abeg see all the opportunities that has come and gone as the past and start afresh. let me tell u a secret, be thankful to God for the job u've not gotten I mean THANK GOD, GMAT or COMPOSTURE or watever is not the answer my dear, dnt settle for less because u want a job, i got a job of 25k b4 but my guy, it was sufferhead i spent all ma money on transport and walkabout to get customers. thank God for a good job, believe and prepare. Dnt stop applying and keep the faith. God will help you.
Re: I'm Totally Fed Up With Job Hunting by Nobody: 6:46pm On Mar 25, 2008
brushparke:

Zains,
A lot of people won't like what you have said. You know why? People seem to think all they need to do is sit down at home and believe in God and the manner will come looking for them.

The truth remains that God will only give you what you deserve because he's not a partial God. Sometimes things happen to us and we are like Waoh! God is so merciful but he knows you can cope with the blessing he's sending your way before he gives it to you. God never makes mistakes.

Like they say, Luck and favour is preparation meeting opportunity. The right Job could come but if you ain't prepared, it will go somewhere else.
What you need to make it in this life is a strong will to succeed. In order words "faith". People don't know that faith is practical. You don't just say i believe and it happens. You have to find your self taking steps that you believe you are the right man for the job.
How do you show that?
You need knowledge and that bring us back to Reading, Read everything you can lay your hands on.
See when you were in school, you used to read just to pass exams. Unfortunately the Nigerian Education system dose not prepare us for real life survival but just to pass exams.

The point i will like to make here is that, the education that you need to make it in life starts after school.
If you always make the aptitute test but fail in the interviews, it means you are good enough to pass those exams but probably lack something they need in employable individuals.

The practical way to believe in God here is to ask God to show you that thing that you lack, so that you can work on it. You can do it. The natural thing is to blame government for you woes. But the earlier you start looking for the cause of your own failure within you, the better for you.

r u sure u read what zain wrote properly? this guy neva said anything about people sitting at home and waiting for God to bring them bread. he gave the honest and the best advise.

Nigerians r so full of God will do this , God will do that, God will not help you if you do not help yourself. The dude has done 30, i mean 30 interviews and no success, was he really selling himself during the interviews or he is just been praying to God for miracle.

hey, look inwards , develop yourself, dress well, SELL yourself. Why are you better than the other fella for the job?
Re: I'm Totally Fed Up With Job Hunting by ponpin: 8:26pm On Mar 25, 2008
george,
i will mail from my office tomorrow, but please take to some of the advice given on this thread

expect my mail tomorrow. by the way, i work with a bank subsidiary
Re: I'm Totally Fed Up With Job Hunting by georgee(m): 9:02pm On Mar 25, 2008
thanx so much ponpin,
i will be waiting for your mail. Thank you for bringing back life into me
Re: I'm Totally Fed Up With Job Hunting by Nobody: 12:51am On Mar 26, 2008
geogee keep hope alive.
I wish I could help.
I'll pray for you tonight.
It just breaks my heart that our young men are willing to work but have no jobs.
I know there are temptations out there but please don't fall for any of these schemes people use to get rich quick.
I wish you all the best.
Re: I'm Totally Fed Up With Job Hunting by websmillio(m): 4:37am On Mar 26, 2008
Hi,
I do understand the pain you are going through.
All world is like this till you get a break.
Everybody passed this stage, but don't have time to write you.
My advice is get the first job which comes in your way. From thr you can break in some place. And don't stop your further education.
Many of the Bosses forget their path to success, any way there are some bosses who want to give a helping hand to others.
When you have time go in to this web and have a look in all sections, it got a job bank page with many links www.bbsnetting.com

Study more.
Get the first job which you get.(don't worry about the salary, get the experience.)
Good Luck.
Re: I'm Totally Fed Up With Job Hunting by fatslink(f): 5:11am On Mar 26, 2008
@george,
I also feel for you. thanks to landers for those words of encouragement, they ve actually said lots but let me just chip in my own , sit urself down and think of what you want for urself in life. 4get about the past and start a new YOU 2day, then do give thanks to the almighty creator that keeps u alive till today; definitely u are and will be 'somebody in life' dats why u're still alive but u just have to make things come ur way. Do pray as well, tell GOD to 4give ur past sins because sin is a blocking stone to success, When u wake in the morning thank HIM 4 seeing d light of d day, Tell HIM to guide u & direct u to where ur success is, etc i know HE will surely answer ur prayers, AMEN.

Also, while job hunting u can still do something else that guarantee ur sustainance, U CAN BE PAID FOR READING UR E-MAILs, Do not doubt it, u just give it a trial.It's about a great site I found. They pay $10 to read e-mail and earn $1000 in a month.

Instead of remaining job hunting, why not try this out .It works and i bet u will share the testimony.
Visit web sites and learn more.
It's free to join and easy to sign up!
CLICK THIS LINK TO VISIT:

http://rolex-mails.com/pages/index.php?refid=fatslink

It's real, don’t miss out.
Re: I'm Totally Fed Up With Job Hunting by naijabuff: 7:23am On Mar 26, 2008
hey , since u have an engineering background.

cant u take a course in like comp programming and use that to get a job.

i know its going to cost. but with comp programming u can even become self employed.

take care man, i hope God be with u .
Re: I'm Totally Fed Up With Job Hunting by sammyjl(f): 9:58am On Mar 26, 2008
smiley With God all things are possible. Dont give up, keep on asking him, heill deliver with time.
Re: I'm Totally Fed Up With Job Hunting by beelala: 12:15pm On Mar 26, 2008
hi

my brother, paid job might not come 4 now but please keep urself engaged either in i.t studies, teaching secondary students, or learning i.t skills or learning a vocation while u keep applyin 4 d big job

no employer wants somebody dats idle 4 2 long.
Re: I'm Totally Fed Up With Job Hunting by coopedro(m): 1:36pm On Mar 26, 2008
my brother the only word i have for u is frm the scripture.

Pls try all means to read it.

Ecclesiates 9 vs 11.

God bless u.
Re: I'm Totally Fed Up With Job Hunting by DMD(m): 2:13pm On Mar 26, 2008
Just for curiosity sake. May I ask bums if he is from Delta state?
Re: I'm Totally Fed Up With Job Hunting by sylink1: 2:31pm On Mar 26, 2008
George, do not despair. i had almost same experience. i have gradually moved to an earning level of above 6m per annum with HND. How did I achieve that. After NYSC, I worked for an outfit for less than 6k monthly for 2 years, acquired some valuable job experiences and launched into the industry big time. A journey of a thousand mile begins with a step.

Cheer up
Re: I'm Totally Fed Up With Job Hunting by onmyown(m): 3:42pm On Mar 26, 2008
Well George, I must say you can as well jump into a lake if you feel so disgusted. The problem with you and so many others is that you think a university degree confers on you the  reward of a job. I do not agree. I was a HR practioner and you will be shocked that so called grads can not even write a short sentence sencibly and correctly. I have never been out of work except deliberately. I have over the years learnt skills that will fetch me money legimately whenever I offer them. In short get yourself a skill in line with your talent. Like me I am a good writer with flawless speech. A walk into any audio production studio anytime will make me money from copy writing to voice over etc.

So give us a break and stop whinning.
Re: I'm Totally Fed Up With Job Hunting by Nobody: 4:03pm On Mar 26, 2008
i second nwando!
it sure hurts that we have too many young men with the resolve to work hard but are hamstrung by the limited opportunities at home - screw naija!!!
my advice is to stop whining and look to build a skill set that would make u employable in the global stage.
This is a an extrapolation from what i've been observing recently, but from the look of things i feel strongly that europe and the west at large are set to become less stringent in their immigration policies by opening their borders up to young skilled immigrants to make up for their aging economies.
I saw this stat somewhere on the web that the size of the young working populace in countries like italy and germany fall within the 30 -40% range, and these countries would ultimately have no choice but to look elsewhere to shore up the size of their working populace in order to keep their economies afloat.
I personally do think this is cheering news to anyone who is globally inclined. 4ck Naija! grin
so bruv, i suggest u do some research on job sectors of the world economy that are most certain to grow like the medical field(yup people fall sick perpetually), sustainable energy( global warming no b lie) , and IT ( i friggin hate the buzz abt this sector but u cant underrate its importance) etc and strive to become very skilled in any one of these areas you find that matches your interests.

Just my 2 kobo cheesy
Re: I'm Totally Fed Up With Job Hunting by cixluv(f): 4:36pm On Mar 26, 2008
Mr George,

we are in 21st century, a century for INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
The 19th century was for AGRICULTURE
The 20th for INDUSTRILIZATION.

my humble advice is that u develop ur self ok. Try to enrol into any ICT Training center and get
an additional certification outside ur University certificate. DON'T RELY ON UR FIRST CLASS OR EVEN SECOND CLASS CERTIFICATE. EVERY OTHER PERSON HAS A CERTIFICATE LIKE YOU.

ALL U HAVE TO DO NO IS TO DEVELOP UR SELF AND STAND OUT FROM THE CROWD.

THE TOP IS NOT MEANT FOR THE CROWD
Re: I'm Totally Fed Up With Job Hunting by bolaoni(m): 6:07pm On Mar 26, 2008
george,

maybe the best advise you will get is from zains and cixluv and numerous others that
have contributed. Your situation is no different from others and you need no pity my man
all you have to do is to look inward and around you for things you can do that will earn
you a living.

Do you know anything about personal development? Develop yourself in any field and
you will soon be an hot cake. wink

Don't get frustrated my man, things will really get better. Let me share a poem I have
on my blog with you, it is titled Don't Quit. This is also dedicated to all those thinking of giving up wink

Don't Quit.

When things go wrong, as they sometimes will,
When the road you’re trudging seems all uphill,
When funds are low and the debts are high,
And you want to smile but you have to sigh,
When care is pressing you down a bit,
Rest if you must, but don’t you quit.

Life is queer with its twists and turns,
As every one of us sometimes learns,
And many a failure turns about,
When he might have won if he’d stuck it out.
Don’t give up, though the pace seems slow -
You may succeed with another blow.

Often the goal is nearer than
It seems to a faint and faltering man;
Often the struggler has given up
When he might have captured the victor’s cup,
And he learned too late, when the night slipped down,
How close he was to the golden crown.

Success is failure turned inside out -
The silver tint of the clouds of doubt,
And you never can tell how close you are -
It may be near when it seems afar;
So stick to the fight when you’re hardest hit -
It’s when things seem worst that you mustn’t quit.

Author Unknown

Source: [url=http://www.naijamotivation.com/2007/11/19/don't-quit/]Don't Quit -NaijaMotivation.com[/url]

It is too late to quit my man wink
Re: I'm Totally Fed Up With Job Hunting by dokson(m): 6:09pm On Mar 26, 2008
hi gorge, dont giv up d strugle. alot of people re in d same shoe wit u. cast ur hope on God and one day it shall b over.
trust in GOD. d LORD IS UR STENGHT
Re: I'm Totally Fed Up With Job Hunting by alfaaa: 6:26pm On Mar 26, 2008
Please be patient. Some of us have graduated even before u did and r still hunting. Males, females. Even worse for females. The husbands aint coming too. Please my friend be patient and pray. Go to God HE wtd do d most for u. Am still huntind too. Sometimes I feel jinxed but i know God will make a where der seems to be no way
Re: I'm Totally Fed Up With Job Hunting by chuks2612: 6:37pm On Mar 26, 2008
Hi Onyeoka,
Pls did u hav professional certification,its seems those with prof certs are hot cake.pls tell me,which of them is in high demand or helpful in d nigerian context.
Re: I'm Totally Fed Up With Job Hunting by topgirl: 12:38pm On Mar 27, 2008
Georgee,pls dont lose hope.I was once like you but thank God now I got a good job.Although the pay is not much but the fact that i find a place to go every morning to be productive really gives me joy.On ther other hand,why not look for something useful to add value to urself like gettin a second degree or expanding ur computer knowledge.Or u could even go into business or sth to give u extra cash(no shaddy deals o).I'll also advise you to get fully involved in church activities(i pressume u r a xtian) so dat u can get sth doin n not stay idle.Lastly continue to pray,dont relent in all ur efforts n, b gud to all u meet.
Re: I'm Totally Fed Up With Job Hunting by efuah(f): 1:55pm On Mar 27, 2008
It is well with u poster!
Re: I'm Totally Fed Up With Job Hunting by luckia(m): 4:04pm On Mar 27, 2008
hey george, listen i must tell you this that the Lord who sent us here on earth will never leave us aside, but first you must do something, you earthly father may not be able to see/here your worries unless you tell him, i'm not saying God is blind, but listen talk to him, let him know how much u need it, tell him to give you an answer, you might probably not be doing the right thing you know, just ask him for direction, i bet you he will not hesitate to reply. He is always there, trust me, he will answer just have the faith, remember the Bible said he is the Lion of Judea, a lion being our father, we the children, the cub, the lion go for food and call the cub to eat, the cub don't suffer. Have faith no matter how small and do not doubt it, and you will see him work.

Suze God bless U, as a man thinketh in his heart so is he, as you have decided to help because you want your brother to have abundant, you shall not lack. God will continue to be with.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Us Embassy Interview Questions / ... / setting up a Cooking Gas Home Delivery Business.....highly Profitable

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.