Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,224 members, 7,829,372 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:32 AM

I'm Totally Fed Up With Job Hunting - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I'm Totally Fed Up With Job Hunting (11081 Views)

My Funny Job Hunting Experience / What I Learnt From My Two Months Of Job Hunting / Federal Govt Pleads With Job Seekers To Apply For Fresh Immigration Exercise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm Totally Fed Up With Job Hunting by holusola: 7:22am On Feb 07, 2008
My Brother, have u ever sat urself down and ask your creator what he wants u to be?there's something in ur inner man that u've been suppressing.Why not listen to ur inner man and bring that idea to reality.Stop hunting for jobs.
You're a success waiting to be discovered.
Re: I'm Totally Fed Up With Job Hunting by TreasureJ(f): 10:12am On Feb 07, 2008
"i don't mean to be harsh or anything but for you to have written over 30 apt test and still be without a job then your head truly no dey house. job opportunities are in your hands, it's left for you to grab em. if you studied like your life depended on it there's no reason why you shouldn't pass simple GMAT. it's all about practice! again if you keep messing up after 30 interviews than there definitely is something wrong in your personality. start rereading the interview handbooks. abeg help yourself. good luck "
[/color][color=#990000][color=#990000][/color]

My brother, let me tell you, it is not of he that runeth or willeth, but of God that showeth mercy, what ever we have or we are today is just by the mercies of God, do not think its by your power, or intelligence. you sounded so rude, and that's not good of you. You could be very intelligent, known by all and yet will continue to experince failure until God comes to your rescure. 
George, i prophesy into your life by the power of the most high, that you will testify before the end of this month. In Jesus name. Go and read my testimonies in this tread titled (Hear the faithfulness of God in my life) i felt worst than u are feeling now. God showed himself so mighty in my life and he will do more for you. Keep smiling
Re: I'm Totally Fed Up With Job Hunting by georgee(m): 10:19am On Feb 07, 2008
@Treasure J
thanx a lot Girl,and i say a VERY LOUD AMEN TO YOUR PROPHESY smiley
Re: I'm Totally Fed Up With Job Hunting by hamabra(m): 2:42pm On Feb 07, 2008
@georgee,
Please don't give up cos ur miracle is on the way, the good Lord will attend to your sincere heart desires in Jesus name
Re: I'm Totally Fed Up With Job Hunting by mektaline: 12:06am On Feb 08, 2008
dear George, when i read your message, tears dropped my eyes. i eqaully in same shoe; i graduated from madonna 2004(Bsc accounting- 2.1), nysc 2005-2006, till date no job. i have lost hope already, but after going through all the encouraging messages, i bowed down my head and prayed to God for your sake,my sake and those out their seeking for job. i promise you God will see us through this month. Thank you fellow members for the kind words; I hope to share my testimony soon. my email address is okus24seven@yahoo.com, if there are any opening kindly notify me. thanks and God bless us all.

1 Like

Re: I'm Totally Fed Up With Job Hunting by tundysho(m): 9:50pm On Mar 23, 2008
Waoooooo .Never tot nigerians could be this kind.Can you imagine all the wonderful words poured out to this guy on this thread, WONDERFUL.

kUDOS GOES to Seun for bringing this forum up and particularly for bringing this topic to the front burner

Well let me ask you.The lady that said you should drop your CV with her that she read chemical in UNILAG too. has she able to reach you yet

Well from my side,what else can i say with all the tonnes of advise poured out by fellow landers.

START THANKING GOD COS HE HAS DONE IT FOR YOU.I DID IT AND IT WORKED
Re: I'm Totally Fed Up With Job Hunting by Bawss1(m): 10:00pm On Mar 23, 2008
@ poster
Before you get all churchy you might want to give a little thought to what the likes of pewakac and SOJ hinted, i.e there just might be somthing you are doing wrong or not doing at all! Everything you need to succeed in life is available if only you apply yourself correctly. Goodluck man
Re: I'm Totally Fed Up With Job Hunting by Gamine(f): 10:13pm On Mar 23, 2008
Eh.

Scary to think of
Knowing i will soon join the teeming mass. undecided
Re: I'm Totally Fed Up With Job Hunting by topkin(m): 11:09pm On Mar 23, 2008
What I'll say is not different frm what others have said, but pls the worst that can happen to you is to give up on Hope. People have waited longer. Endure,------ behind every dark cloud there is a silver lining. God bless u real good.
Re: I'm Totally Fed Up With Job Hunting by Shaunscot(m): 12:27am On Mar 24, 2008
I think everything lies within you.
Its hard to admit but u just might be doing something to repel the interviewers.
You can try this site for interviews and answers.
http://www.quintcareers.com/interview_question_database/interview_questions_1.html
Just tweek the answers to suit u.
Meanwhile,try to look formal for interviews and always show confidence.
@Gamine
Its not as bad as people make it out to be.
Personally I believe you will get a job if you want one, It just might not be what u want it to be.
Re: I'm Totally Fed Up With Job Hunting by KUNLEx: 8:21am On Mar 24, 2008
I think you should start your own business. It doesn't have to be anything big, in fact start small, with very little capital - selling recharge cards, phonecalls whatever. In doing this you would learn a lot of very valuable life lessons - persistance, commercial acumen, good interpersonal skills like good communication with your customers. This will result in 2 things - 1. put money in your pocket 2. develop you further for your next phase in life.

Your formal eductaion doesn't make you fully ready for the world of work, you need to do something now that will further prepare you for the journey ahead.

Keep your head up! Life is a journey not a destination.

P.s. an idea for a business - you could start building web sites for churches, local business etc. Came across this site where you dont have to know how to programme to build professional sites http://naijaconnects.com/?action=myownwebsite&
Re: I'm Totally Fed Up With Job Hunting by prince84(m): 10:03am On Mar 24, 2008
my bruv george
life is a B*****, that does not mean you should give up cu u aint got no 9-5.

just put your head done keep doing what your doing,just be a little more focused, a liltle more patient
and have a liltle more faith, i bet you your tide is about to change.

Put the GUY upstairs in it and trust in him, am not realy all that tight with HIM myself, i one thing i know HE GOT YOUR BACK.
stop trying to do things on your own, let HIM carry you man.

Spend more time online, search for jooutside NIGERIA,a king is not always respected @ home,plus if you aint got no connections,search for engineering jobs outside nigeria.you will definetly come up something.

Remember people will hate you when your done and when your up, they are some much haers out there.

KEEP YOUR HEAD UP BRUV.

@ THE SISTA WHO PROMISED TO HOOK UP OUR BRUV
ONE LOVE TO YOU GIRL.RESPECT.

WE NEED MORE HELPERS IN THIS WORLD.
Re: I'm Totally Fed Up With Job Hunting by georgee(m): 11:18am On Mar 24, 2008
Thanx tundysho, av nt heard anythin frm d girl who promisd 2 hook me up with smethn, i hpe she has nt 4gotn me.
Once again,i thank u al and vry soon there wil b a BIG TESTIMONY frm me(by GOD'S GRACE)
Re: I'm Totally Fed Up With Job Hunting by chilori18: 11:27am On Mar 24, 2008
Hello nairalanders! It's good to be back after a long while. Geogee i understand how you feel because i have been there too. After my NYSC i went for a masters programme to upgrade my 2.2. After the programme i was jobless for many months, only helping out with a privately owned organisation without pay. I did this for two years and enrolled for a phd, within that period, as a result of frustration. Now i am working outside Nigeria(i left the phd which i did for a year) in one of the biggest oil companies in the world. I will advise you, prepare yourself for any job or interview. Practise your Gmat very well, you can't afford to miss any chance that comes your way. When called for an interview, practise what to say and how to say it. It helped me a lot especially when I was preparing for the interview that got me this job. I got another collegue who was also invited and we did series of mock interviews with each other, bringing ideas and opinions that will help.That boosts your confidence and helps you know what to say when facing the panel. Another thing is, while wasting all this time at home you can look for a job no matter how small,this helps you to have an edge especially with adverts requiring work experience even if you are not paid it will help you in the long run. Above all, Pray,believe God,He never lets one who trusts Him down,even though it might take a while,it will come to pass. Be confident in yourself and in your abilities. It is well with you.
Re: I'm Totally Fed Up With Job Hunting by dee02(m): 11:43am On Mar 24, 2008
Getting invited to an interview means that the company/organisation thinks you have the potential--(not sure if nigerian companies just invite everyone to interview just to shoot up the numbers!

Research the company, know what type of interview you are attending and prepare like its your last chance!

If u get to the interview, you need to be yourself, if itz a technical interview, then know your stuff indepth, if it is a competency based interview, rehearse examples in the past of situation where u have been acting out a typical competency for example team work skills-u can write on your cv you have it, but if u havnt been in a team work situation prior to your interview then u may be stucked when asked to give an example of when u have been in team work,

Dress well, don't be too nervous, stay relaxed, sit upright, maintain eye contact with the interviewer and don't blag or rant your way through, pay attention to detail and smile-gauranteed the first impression employers get from you may swing a job your way,

The above are just some sort of advice, it is not a gauranteed winner in all countries especially in nigeria where the HR people are incompetent, jealous and arrogant, but most of all, you need prayers and luck to overcome this, i am sure you would pull through
Re: I'm Totally Fed Up With Job Hunting by christ2k3g: 11:59am On Mar 24, 2008
well things are not good in the land ,but we cannot just give
may be u try  [url=https://www.goldkobo.com/index.php?r=6084 ]https://www.goldkobo.com/index.php?r=6084 [/url]to start trading with EGOLD i hope the idea is ok
Re: I'm Totally Fed Up With Job Hunting by otokx(m): 12:03pm On Mar 24, 2008
Passing job tests is one thing and then going through the interviews is another - in the meantime keep at it.
Re: I'm Totally Fed Up With Job Hunting by pannyman(m): 12:26pm On Mar 24, 2008
@ poster. i can see from the names of the companies that have tested you that you are aiming quite high. that's ok. still it's good to start from small companies if the opportunity presents itself and gain experience. also keep on reading your lecture notes from school and solve problems to keep your brain alert. while a job bank is not a bad idea, try and focus more on your area of speciality-engineering and persevere. wish you the best
Re: I'm Totally Fed Up With Job Hunting by allien002: 12:42pm On Mar 24, 2008
Hello

am charles by name i want to tell you about a new site that pays people for reading there mails and you can be payed as soon as you money is up to $1000 you will recieve your payment through e-gold,palpay,western union etc and that site i will like you to try and sign up with this link am about to give to you

http://rolex-mails.com/pages/index.php?refid=charles111

thanks for your nice mail

charles allien
Re: I'm Totally Fed Up With Job Hunting by africanboy(m): 2:21pm On Mar 24, 2008
i have heard meny people complain of a lack of jobs in this country, yet they either do not have the skills for the jobs available or refuse the available jobs because of their egos. i am aware of a drop out who refused a 35k job and insisted on a company car. my question to her was "can you justify the costs of the company providing you with a company car. what do you have to offer?"

so again, i ask the poster that question, do you have the skills required by these companies? what was your performance during the interviews and tests? have you considered being self employed?
Re: I'm Totally Fed Up With Job Hunting by Ezinwannem: 4:05pm On Mar 24, 2008
what did you study? sorry I know you wrote it but I couldnt figure it out and hmmm are you a 2.1, 2.2 graduate?
Re: I'm Totally Fed Up With Job Hunting by diehard(m): 5:19pm On Mar 24, 2008
Your Story is a familiar one cos i've been there. it took me four yrs after school to get the present job i'm on. and since then i've done better than my friends who got jobs b4 me and some even laugh at me, saying i was lazy. But let me tell you want life is doing to you. Life wants to test ur resolve, It wants to know if u really want to succeed or just to live the average life and it also want to shake those big dreams of urs so that u can get discourage and maybe replace them with smaller dreams. But if u refuse to give up and show life that u really want to succeed. life will concede defeat and give u what u want, only if u refuse to give up. And remember this, becareful for what u ask for cos u might just get it.

Stay blessed
Re: I'm Totally Fed Up With Job Hunting by omoovie(f): 7:52pm On Mar 24, 2008
You apply to at least a 100 jobs per month, you do the tests, you do the prescreening, you dress up on that day, arrive early, pray, go to the interview and still nothing click. George, I know EXACTLY how you feel. Funny thing is, I'm not even in Naija, I'm in Jando. I totally feel your pain. That was me last year but God blessed me in 2008! It got to a point I got sooo depressed at one point I started contemplating the worst sin ever - suicide, this is month #3. DO NOT GIVE UP! If you are getting calls for interviews, passing the tests and making it to that last stage then that tells you that the problem is in the interview stage. Reevaluate how you perform at that interview. The interview is your opportunity to defend your resume, prove to your potential employers that you will be an asset to the company and prove to the people facing you that you would fit right into their group of friends and they can be comfortable around you. Don't be fake but don't be boring either. Make it fun, make yourself memorable and you will get that job. God is in control. It's left to you to put in 110% and let him supply the remaining 890%.

Bonne chance!
Re: I'm Totally Fed Up With Job Hunting by ponpin: 10:09pm On Mar 24, 2008
hello george,
are you willing to take a job that will pay you 35 - 45 k a month as a contract staff for starters, please let me have your email add. if u are interested our office is located in victoria island

regards
Re: I'm Totally Fed Up With Job Hunting by femikay149(m): 11:33pm On Mar 24, 2008
knockbod that was a very encouraging story .i truly agree wit u.There actually someone that is going thru a worse situation.Georgee all that i will just to tell you is that You are not alone.Am also a job seeker.We are all going through this challenges one way or the other.Just hang in there. And Keep "pushing" dat is my watchword.Because i know this present face in our lives will be stories in future
Re: I'm Totally Fed Up With Job Hunting by Vuitton(m): 2:27am On Mar 25, 2008
G i feel ur pain.
Jus keep workin and prayin towards ur goals. Also try to invest in urself by being informed.

1 love
Re: I'm Totally Fed Up With Job Hunting by Scopium: 9:10am On Mar 25, 2008
[size=13pt]My brother your misfortune isn't a new one, it is a terrible condition especially for a man. You begin to wonder will you ever get there to own a car, own a house, have a wife and take care of your family. There's this quote; "If you are going through hell, don't stop keep going" At this point you have to keep going until you pass hell and step into heaven. Giving up now is not an option for you at all. Keep the faith. Someone suggested teaching, I think that's good to keep you going till the big one comes. If you can't touch the ceiling while standing will you then touch it while sitting? No. Keep hunting but stay focused on what you want and you'll get it. Luke 18:27. Isiah 58:11 So shall it be with you in Jesus name, Amen![/size]
Re: I'm Totally Fed Up With Job Hunting by koko777(m): 9:18am On Mar 25, 2008
@poster, Consider and meditate on most of the positive advices given by nairalanders, though i can feel your pains but things happen for a purpose. I finished my youth service the same period you finished and did, go through the rigour of applying for jobs, attending interviews but when it's yielding no fruit i had to do away with PRIDE and start running errands for my bros friend who's a lawyer but today the story has changed, due to my deligence,attention to detail and hardwork, i was integrated into their new project as an Admin Manager. The project is expansive, running into millions of dollars. I can raise my head high now cos i'm part of the concept, making me indispensable.
So my bro. for you to have raised this issue on nairaland consider your prayer is answered. Mark it, you shall say a wonderful testimony soonest. The lord will visit you in every area of your needs. But you 'll need to be doing something very important 'Always confess positive words to yourself' and endeavour to pray always. Success is not only by the virtue of your been brilliant, intelligent or smart but the 'Grace of God'. By the time you get there endeavour to be Good to people but do not try to satisfy everybody. MAY THE LORD HELP YOU, Remain Blessed!
Re: I'm Totally Fed Up With Job Hunting by brushparke(m): 9:25am On Mar 25, 2008
I really admire your zeal young man. But i think if you had put in the same effort trying to build your own business, you should be a millionaire by now.

Because i think you have what it takes.
Just My 5 kobo.
Re: I'm Totally Fed Up With Job Hunting by onyekang1(f): 9:43am On Mar 25, 2008
@ poster
been there, and trust me its really fustrating,but like the others ave said, jus keep trusting God,cos that BABA is so full of surprises. wink
Re: I'm Totally Fed Up With Job Hunting by Easybaby(f): 9:46am On Mar 25, 2008
@all,

Why take it easy? sad angry

@poster,
easy is my first name wink
Re: I'm Totally Fed Up With Job Hunting by bob2039: 10:43am On Mar 25, 2008
My friend am in same situatn with you same yr,nysc,tho afta 9mths i took up a 20k job that to show i wasnt too keen on multi dollar.bt stil it was hel at the job i have to let go ever since have bein hunting.i knw how it is.even ur relations with castigate u.use parables,etc.bt let me tel you.al these things writen by felow landers expecialy going to our creator and seeking hs face.i did bt 4 d last 1mth i c people i never expect so concernd abt me.even geting strange text mesage 4rm bank to go and apply in their site and bring my pin,sum1 sent me cash to take d navy in abuja dat he want to push.etc c george the greatest employer is the man upstair. jah is d greatest.i wasnt i perfect man bt i seek hs face.george let me tel u.these ur thread made me cry.cos what every1 said is d greatest truth, i love u all.and nt even job hunt wil make me give anytin up.cos i stil have heaven to work for!it the best company that 1 can work.may jah bles every1 of you that has contributd if u have job already u must be promoted.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Experience With Health Stream Alliance (HSA) Part I / Us Embassy Interview Questions / Anybody Wants To Work In Ecowas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.