Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,468 members, 7,830,359 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:12 PM

I'm Totally Fed Up With Job Hunting - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I'm Totally Fed Up With Job Hunting (11083 Views)

My Funny Job Hunting Experience / What I Learnt From My Two Months Of Job Hunting / Federal Govt Pleads With Job Seekers To Apply For Fresh Immigration Exercise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm Totally Fed Up With Job Hunting by peteroby(m): 7:28pm On Mar 27, 2008
george what else can u do?abi na only d thing wen u study for school u sabi? i once be like u but i look d other way,and today i dey very happy. minor jobs dey out there go get them.
Re: I'm Totally Fed Up With Job Hunting by edwardaigb: 8:54pm On Mar 27, 2008
My dear George, take it easy and learn from me because after my secondary school in 1994, i had all my papers except English Language. It was hell because almost all my friends had their results and were getting into higher institution believe it or not i eventually had my English Language in 2006. i.e 12 years after leaving secondary school. I pray you don't experience such BUT Those 12 years i went into old jobs and saved money, picked nce along the way and went to NIIT while trying to have the English Language.The long and short of the whole thing is that during those 12 years, i discovered that i was very good in business. Today i'm a MULTI MILLIONAIRE and i have people working for me. everyday i thank God for making me discover that business acumen in me because if i had made all my papers, i would have still be boy boy to people. Pray and let God make the best for you. WE ARE ALL NOT MEANT TO WORK FOR PEOPLE RATHER SOME OF US ARE MEANT TO HAVE PEOPLE WORKING FOR US. God Bless you.

1 Like

Re: I'm Totally Fed Up With Job Hunting by jokeade1(f): 2:45pm On Mar 28, 2008
hmmmmm, Georgee has a job now. a very good one. Congrats friend once again, we will see in camera. bye
Re: I'm Totally Fed Up With Job Hunting by TeskyMan(m): 4:34pm On Mar 28, 2008
This is extremely serious but to those who think personal development could bring about good job well all i have to say is that read Eccl 9:11.TIME AND CHANCE the Bible says HAPPENS TO THEM ALL.
WELL your time is on the way, only GOD KNOWS where we'll end.

Cheers, BABA GEORGE,
Re: I'm Totally Fed Up With Job Hunting by realcele: 5:13pm On Mar 28, 2008
It's quite unfortunate you have not found job since you left school. From my personal opinion i will suggest you leave the bigger fishes only for now and go for smaller catch you can even think on starting something on your own or going a freeby, if you are christian you local church will do. To be honest i have being in that sort of situation and i know how frustrating it is but you must never let you dream die. Keep on developing yourself and as i said earlier forget the big companies, most of them advertise roles that have are already being filled up to fulfil legal obligation. You also need to be a bit relax at the interview because with no job at all, all interview become a tense period. I know you said you dont mind 20k job but you have got to go for that 20k. I wish you luck, favour and most importantly to listen to your inner being as per which way to go
Re: I'm Totally Fed Up With Job Hunting by ayotee2000(m): 4:15pm On Mar 29, 2008
Guy, uv missed ur calling. cry

Go to a seminary, go and become a Pastor! sad

Thats where ul find whatever u'r looking for! smiley
Re: I'm Totally Fed Up With Job Hunting by attaboy(m): 6:34pm On Mar 29, 2008
You did not create yourself. someone created you and created you for a specific purpose. he has not forgotten you but there are sometimes you have to do certain things to connect to him more directly, first go down in prayers for forgiveness of Sins and reconnect to your creator, if possible try and Fast about it and DO SOMETHING OUT OF THE ORDINARY. There is what is called SEED of FAITH, it means giving that thing that is so dear to you to God. try it, it works. pay your tithe in church and read the word that is the Bible and use the word of God for your situation. If you dont get result soonest send me a mail, whatever you do, make sure you have faith cos without faith, it is impossible to please God.
Re: I'm Totally Fed Up With Job Hunting by kingdong(m): 2:04am On Mar 31, 2008
Re: I'm Totally Fed Up With Job Hunting by juwon08: 1:16pm On Mar 31, 2008
gorgee u go soon smile like ishmaeller and like jacob wey him name change to isreal
Re: I'm Totally Fed Up With Job Hunting by aimanosi(m): 3:21pm On Mar 31, 2008
HEY BROTHER IF I SAY I DONT KNOW HOW U FEEL I WILL BE LYING. I BELIEVE SO MUCH IN GOD AND HIS WORD BUT DONT KNOW WHAT U HAVE BELIEVE. I ALWAYS ADVICE PEOPLE TO PUT THIER MIND TO WORK RATHER THAN WAITING ON MAN FOR HELP THINK WITHIN U AND U WILL FIND THERE IS SOMETHING THAT WILL INTEREST YOU. DO U READ BOOKS? READ BOOKS BY ROBERT KIYOSAKI AND PUT YOUR MIND TO REST BELIEVING IN GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART AND YOU WILL SURELY BE SURPRISED AT THE WAY THINGS WILL FALL IN PLACE AND THE JOB THAT YOU HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR WILL LOCATE YOU. DONT GIVE UP ON YOUR FAITH ONLY BELIEVE IN GOD AND YOURSELF AND NOT WHAT PEOPLE SAY. GOD LOVE YOU SO MUCH THAT IS WHY HE SEND JESUS. CHEER UP
Re: I'm Totally Fed Up With Job Hunting by Nobody: 3:00am On Apr 02, 2008
congrats on the new job geogee.
God is good.
Re: I'm Totally Fed Up With Job Hunting by hypertech(m): 12:46am On Apr 03, 2008
@georgee,

man, I can imagine what you are goin thru, indeed, being jobless for 2years (cc) could be frustrating. But, question is; are you after the (job) pay or the responsibility it brings. Priorities.
I graduated from Lag too, but I know sth for sure, that is, in Lag you dont just read books, u do more than ur academics. Abilities.
Ur situation is fair, as it is. But 'ld be pathetic when u discover that u wld have succeeded if only u had pressed a little more. Regret, it's called.
Now georgee, if u are still in one piece, and u have ur bolts all in place, then stop this self pity. 2mrw morning, get dressed for work, find the nearest workplace around you, and offer to work, even if for 'peanuts'. Then responsibility comes. If u are good u 'll be noticed. Just start from there.
Most importantly, try and understand God's plan for your life. Many go on fruitless journeys to work in Banks, oil coys, , yet they lack fulfillment. Disastrous!
I'm sure u can piece 1 and 2 together.
Peace.
Re: I'm Totally Fed Up With Job Hunting by shegge(m): 2:34pm On Apr 03, 2008
George, its not an experience to experience i know but at the same time, i want you to know that, if we should share all our experiences to your hearing, you'l have no choice than to say "God i thank you". for example, "a man had a bunch of banana and was still complaining that he's got so little to feed on.He decided to climb up a mango tree so as to eat the bunch of banana alone.he then noticed that, as he threw a peal down,someother person catches the peal and starts eating the peal. he was so shock that he said to himself,'so there's a situation that is worst than mine'."
What i'm i saying,George, u've gotten your degree,served and now looking for a job yet there are others that cant even graduate from that same school u finished from, and even those that graduated cant go for service cos of noe reason or the other.
My brother, please dont give up but keep persevering for the difference between a successful man and an unsuccessful man is that extra mile taken by the successful man from where the other stopped.
GOD WILL HELP US ALL JUST BE DEPENDENT ON HIM AND HIM ALONE
Take care brother.
Re: I'm Totally Fed Up With Job Hunting by tundetolu: 8:07pm On Apr 03, 2008
why hunt for job when you can do something with your time.
work at home and earn a livng or you go and learn a trade.
Re: I'm Totally Fed Up With Job Hunting by maryray(f): 4:25am On Apr 07, 2008
@ Kingdong, 2 say I am dissapointed in u is an understatement shocked. Just because u are d kind of person that wants and are able to manage ur own company does not give u d right to treat Georgee like scum. Neither should u look down at him. It is people like u that God allow to suffer because he knows that when they are successful, they will maltreat other people. I hope George does not end up like u. Ur having money or not having money is not important, becos not every one considers money as everything. You are a SCUM angry. Next time learn to treat all BLACK people with respect even when u dont think they deserve it.
Re: I'm Totally Fed Up With Job Hunting by jaidobaba(m): 9:46am On Apr 07, 2008
I feel ur pains bro, but if u hear other people's situation, u go dey thank GOD, I graduated of computer science in 2004 with CCNA and MCP qualifications, I even have right to work and live in the UK but still searching, I can only say you should be strong and don't loose your attitude,
Re: I'm Totally Fed Up With Job Hunting by gazza(m): 12:16pm On Apr 07, 2008
hi posters on this forum Georgee has landed a job with oceanic bank turn ur concern to praise to God now he shall see us thru
Re: I'm Totally Fed Up With Job Hunting by Chionyins(m): 3:23am On Apr 30, 2012
georgee: i graduated from UNILAG (B.Sc MET&MAT ENGINEERING) in 2004, went for NYSC in march 2005 and finished feb 5th 2006. Since then a been job hunting; applying, writing aptitude tests and interviews without success.

Av been moving from state to state writing tests,i was almost killed in Anambra state in 2006 when armed robbers attacked me,i was going for First Inland bank test,i was in Abuja for GTB test Feb 2007, a written over 30 apt tests with BANKS (IBTC,Skye,1st bank, GTB, Diamond, UBA, Ecobank, Access bank, Intercontinental bank, FCMB) Guinness, P&G, UAC, Nigerian breweries, Sahara Energy, and many more

Any test I pass, I don't scale through in interviews.

It exactly 2years 2day i finished NYSC,and no job, its so frustrating especially on Monday mornings, waking up and doing nothing. Please anybody that can help me should come to my aid, i don't mind 20K job. I am totally confused and frustrated. Abeg make una help me. I don't want to watch my future go down the drain

Read thru the posts .THANK GOD o......ask and .....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Us Embassy Interview Questions / Anybody Wants To Work In Ecowas / Starting Salary In Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority (NSIA),

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.