Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,097 members, 7,814,858 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:02 PM

Police Drop Mikel Obi Racism Case - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Police Drop Mikel Obi Racism Case (8714 Views)

Jose Drop Mikel, Costa For Spurs / Why Keshi Won't Drop Mikel Obi: His Professionalism / Mikel Obi Deletes Twitter Account After Racial Abuse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Drop Mikel Obi Racism Case by saintvc(m): 11:43pm On Nov 13, 2012
Angry ;-> to paste. Just read it here

The Metropolitan Police has confirmed that it has dropped its investigation into complaints over alleged racist comments made by referee Mark Clattenburg.

The official had come under scrutiny after Chelsea duo John Obi Mikel and Juan Mata both raised complaints following the Blues 3-2 Premier League defeat to Manchester United last month.

However, Police have since stated that "without a victim and/or any evidence that any offence has been committed", there is no line of enquiry that can be pursued.

A statement from the Metropolitan Police read: "An investigation was launched into alleged comments made during a football match between Chelsea FC and Manchester United FC at Stamford Bridge on October 28, 2012.

"This follows on from a complaint received by the Metropolitan Police Service on October 29.

"Enquiries were made and no victims have come forward.

"If the situation changes and a victim and/or evidence to support an allegation of a crime comes to police attention then further enquiries will if appropriate be made."

Chelsea quickly dropped the Spaniard's allegation against the 37-year-old, although they have continued to support the Nigerian midfielder, with club chairman Bruce Bruck once again discussing the complaint on Tuesday.

"The reaction has been very unfair," he told the Evening Standard. "We weren't interested in any confrontation with the referee or anybody else, had no thoughts of revenge on the referee.

"We were guided by obligations that are imposed by the Football Association and also as an employer. FA rule E14 basically says a participant shall immediately report to the association any incident or matter which may be considered to be a misconduct.

"I spoke to the players involved, either because they were allegedly the recipient of that abuse or had heard it, three separate times. I asked them if they could be mistaken. I asked them, if they might have heard 'Mikel' instead of 'monkey'. I thought I had covered that base.

"[The decision] was made after a great deal of anguish and after talking long and hard that evening about what should we do."

www.goal.com/en/news/9/england/2012/11/13/3525449/police-drop-investigation-into-alleged-comment-made
Re: Police Drop Mikel Obi Racism Case by Caseless: 8:07am On Nov 14, 2012
We knew this is how is gonna end, thesame politics surronded that of terry and ferdinand last time....where terry was suspended when they knew he was going to retire from international football. To some some extent, this is a poetic justice to mikel cos of his preference of whites/england over blacks/nigeria. No matter what...ur people are ur people!

1 Like

Re: Police Drop Mikel Obi Racism Case by Okijajuju1(m): 8:41am On Nov 14, 2012
Re: Police Drop Mikel Obi Racism Case by Afam4eva(m): 8:42am On Nov 14, 2012
If there's no proof then the case should be dropped or do you expect the accused to be prosecuted without any proof? Infact i think Mikel and Juan Mata be locked up for false alarm. Chelsea must be buried this season. Rubbish.

2 Likes

Re: Police Drop Mikel Obi Racism Case by ayobase(m): 8:46am On Nov 14, 2012
afam4eva: If there's no proof then the case should be dropped or do you expect the accused to be prosecuted without any proof? Infact i think Mikel and Juan Mata be locked up for false alarm. Chelsea must be buried this season. Rubbish.

Simple!
This is not about being fanatic!
Re: Police Drop Mikel Obi Racism Case by queensmith: 8:54am On Nov 14, 2012
saintvc: Angry ;-> to paste. Just read it here

"I spoke to the players involved, either because they were allegedly the recipient of that abuse or had heard it, three separate times. I asked them if they could be mistaken. I asked them, if they might have heard 'Mikel' instead of 'monkey'. I thought I had covered that base.

This actually sheds a bit of light, maybe he just wasn't pronouncing mikel well enough. I don't condone racism at all but one has to wonder if the club were just looking for a bit of attention after losing.
Re: Police Drop Mikel Obi Racism Case by drealnamdy(m): 9:09am On Nov 14, 2012
afam4eva: If there's no proof then the case should be dropped or do you expect the accused to be prosecuted without any proof? Infact i think Mikel and Juan Mata be locked up for false alarm. Chelsea must be buried this season. Rubbish.

angry ur fadaaaa!!!! It iz ur family dat must be buried diz season..rubbish...
Re: Police Drop Mikel Obi Racism Case by vascey(m): 9:12am On Nov 14, 2012
I think "false accusation" should be made a crime and offenders liable to pay fines or risk prison time.

So that before you open your buccal cavity to call someone a racist, you will be absolutely sure that you heard right.

1 Like

Re: Police Drop Mikel Obi Racism Case by Slapme(m): 9:12am On Nov 14, 2012
Metro police did the right thing. Since their is no evidence to prosecute the ref. Mikel was only told by his fellow player. So i expect chelsea fans to shot their fucking and godamin mouth up. Case closed.

1 Like

Re: Police Drop Mikel Obi Racism Case by Super1759: 9:15am On Nov 14, 2012
No worry, PDP is at it again to cover their poos ( FA )
Chelsea still remain the best. Hater can mob lagoon!!!!
Re: Police Drop Mikel Obi Racism Case by Afam4eva(m): 9:15am On Nov 14, 2012
drealnamdy:

Chelsea fans are all agberos one way or the other. See this one for example. Do you know that majority of the people that killed the Uniport4 were Chelsea fans? Don't you ever argue with a chelsea fans because he has one thing in his pocket and that's a Chelsea Dry Gin, the moment you cross your boundary, he'll show you that the Chelsea bottle has different uses.

5 Likes

Re: Police Drop Mikel Obi Racism Case by hoyehdiran: 9:17am On Nov 14, 2012
Chelsea as a football team has a moral and legal obligation to report the case, its a win win situation for chelsea..... Pls read between the lines and don't be clouded by ur hateful ambiance
Re: Police Drop Mikel Obi Racism Case by Afam4eva(m): 9:20am On Nov 14, 2012
hoyehdiran:
Chelsea as a football team has a moral and legal obligation to report the case, its a win win situation for chelsea..... Pls read between the lines and don't be clouded by ur hateful ambiance
This your grammar na window dressing. I sure see if to say i dey with you physically, you for done use chelsea bottle break my head grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Police Drop Mikel Obi Racism Case by pek(m): 9:27am On Nov 14, 2012
Case dismissed! Pass the mic.
Re: Police Drop Mikel Obi Racism Case by minches: 9:45am On Nov 14, 2012
[quote winkauthor=queensmith]

This actually sheds a bit of light, maybe he just wasn't pronouncing mikel well enough. I don't condone racism at all but one has to wonder if the club were just looking for a bit of attention after losing. [/quote][quote author=queensmith]

Ђơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡ω can they be wondering if the Ref said "Mikel" or "Monkey"? i thought Juan Mata said the Ref spoke in spanish. Is "monkey" a spanish word?
Re: Police Drop Mikel Obi Racism Case by Slapme(m): 9:48am On Nov 14, 2012
If chelsea fans doesn't like it they should go and jam transforma or dive into Atlantic ocean. You wan them to prosecute innocent man.
Re: Police Drop Mikel Obi Racism Case by AkpuNku2: 10:01am On Nov 14, 2012
chelshit/mikel need to pay for false accusation
Re: Police Drop Mikel Obi Racism Case by lovejo(m): 10:07am On Nov 14, 2012
Mark Clattenburg: Chelsea & FA accused of cover-up

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20321225
Re: Police Drop Mikel Obi Racism Case by sylve11: 10:08am On Nov 14, 2012
afam4eva:
Chelsea fans are all agberos one way or the other. See this one for example. Do you know that majority of the people that killed the Uniport4 were Chelsea fans? Don't you ever argue with a chelsea fans because he has one thing in his pocket and that's a Chelsea Dry Gin, the moment you cross your boundary, he'll show you that the Chelsea bottle has different uses.

Afam, come take one bottle of Chelsea for this truth wey u yan. grin cool

2 Likes

Re: Police Drop Mikel Obi Racism Case by solomonkane(m): 10:10am On Nov 14, 2012

Actually Mata had since denied ever hearing anything: http://www.futaa.com/football/article/racism-row-mata-denies-mikel, same with Romeu. It is the person who started the whole thing; 'HE WHO MUST NOT BE NAMED" that should be fined and suspended. Racism should be fought to a standstill but a person who falsely accuses someone of racism should be sanctioned as well. E.O.D
Re: Police Drop Mikel Obi Racism Case by solomonkane(m): 10:12am On Nov 14, 2012
drealnamdy:

Escaped mental patient, the people at Chelsea don't even know you exist, yet you are here insulting someone's family. SMH!!

1 Like

Re: Police Drop Mikel Obi Racism Case by Sike(m): 10:22am On Nov 14, 2012
...AS EXPECTED!
Re: Police Drop Mikel Obi Racism Case by Afam4eva(m): 10:23am On Nov 14, 2012
solomonkane:

Escaped mental patient, the people at Chelsea don't even know you exist, yet you are here insulting someone's family. SMH!!
Pls give him a break, he's a chelsea fan. It's a tradition in chelsea.
Re: Police Drop Mikel Obi Racism Case by Nobody: 10:26am On Nov 14, 2012
afam4eva:
Pls give him a break, he's a chelsea fan. It's a tradition in chelsea.

Tradition U call it -- Eva Come across the 'Coogar' name? He seems to be Copying some Dude's Tradition! undecided
Re: Police Drop Mikel Obi Racism Case by Sike(m): 10:31am On Nov 14, 2012
[quote author=solomonkane] Solomon Ikhane? Is that you?? Remember me
Re: Police Drop Mikel Obi Racism Case by dabrake(m): 10:33am On Nov 14, 2012
Who witnessed JT utter racial abuses towards AF? Who witnessed luiz Suarez do same towards P.Evra?
Re: Police Drop Mikel Obi Racism Case by Afam4eva(m): 10:34am On Nov 14, 2012
El Guapo:

Tradition U call it -- Eva Come across the 'Coogar' name? He seems to be Copying some Dude's Tradition! undecided
You can understand why Coogar is one of the most respected chelsea fans. His behavior encapsulates what chelsea stands for.
Re: Police Drop Mikel Obi Racism Case by solomon111(m): 10:37am On Nov 14, 2012
As someone said,chelsea has the moral obligation to report any alleged act of racism against their players.
It is what happens in any organisation,if any of their member is subjected to racial abuse.
It is left for the police to determine the veracity of the claim.
If chelsea hadn't reported,and the story leaked,chelsea would be accused of trying to cover up racial abuse,which could be criminal.

1 Like

Re: Police Drop Mikel Obi Racism Case by Nobody: 10:45am On Nov 14, 2012
afam4eva:
You can understand why Coogar is one of the most respected chelsea fans. His behavior encapsulates what chelsea stands for.

Busted Fella! Coogar is a United faithful.

Now looks like Chelsea is Sharing Tradition with their arch-Rivals
undecided
Re: Police Drop Mikel Obi Racism Case by hurricaneChris: 10:46am On Nov 14, 2012
Hahahahahaha.

Awkward moment wen some Nigerian fans were xpecting a different story frm dt corrupt Association..... Absolute rubbish!

But ansa me: What evidence did dt FA have against Luis Suarez when they banned him for 8maches?

2. Terry's case in which footages showed he called Anton Ferdy ''fvcking black cu_nt'', what did they do?

3. Were u xpecting d ref to be found guilty thereby soiling d hypocritical image of their FA that claims to b ''saints'' and ''perfect''?

No wonder Sepp Blatter says: ''I think English football is run by idiots after d world cup bidding''

*Turns to my drawing board and continues my design*

4 Likes

Re: Police Drop Mikel Obi Racism Case by OkwaIfugo(m): 10:46am On Nov 14, 2012
racism still and will always exist.
Re: Police Drop Mikel Obi Racism Case by Nobody: 10:51am On Nov 14, 2012
hurricaneChris: Hahahahahaha.

Awkward moment wen some Nigerian fans were xpecting a different story frm dt corrupt Association..... Absolute rubbish!

But ansa me: What evidence did dt FA have against Luis Suarez when they banned him for 8maches?

2. Terry's case in which footages showed he called Anton Ferdy ''fvcking black cu_nt'', what did they do?

3. Were u xpecting d ref to be found guilty thereby soiling d hypocritical image of their FA that claims to b ''saints'' and ''perfect''?

No wonder Sepp Blatter says: ''I think English football is run by idiots after d world cup bidding''

*Turns to my drawing board and continues my design*

Lol -- On Point Like a Decimal cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Onuachu Named Man Of The Match In Genk’s Win Vs Zulten Waregem / How To Make 10000 With 1000 With Just Five Bet / Davido Reveals How Much FIFA Paid Him For The World Cup Draw Performance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.