Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,481 members, 7,816,135 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:17 AM

Are Majority Of Nigerian Guys Not Annoyingly Boring In Romance? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Are Majority Of Nigerian Guys Not Annoyingly Boring In Romance? (1502 Views)

Kenyan Girl Has This To Say About Nigerian Guys / Why Are Majority Of Beautiful Ladies Not Intelligent / Irritating Things Nigerian Guys Do That Turn Ladies Off (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Majority Of Nigerian Guys Not Annoyingly Boring In Romance? by Orikinla(m): 12:19pm On Nov 14, 2012
I have found majority of Nigerian guys (including the married ones) to be annoyingly boring in romance.
Their girlfriends are complaining, but are trying to endure rather than lose them to desperate competitors who don't really care for a better life than just eat, fork and have babies, drive to the village and back and die one day.

Majority of Nigerian guys hardly go on fun trips or vacations with their girlfriends or wives.
Their best ideas for fun trips are boring trips to the movies and to spend weekends at the local hotels where there are nothing spectacular, except the swimming pool and an equally boring live band.
Nigerian hotels must be the most boring in the universe.
Have they ever seen live cabaret shows?
And now the so called biggest street party in Africa, the Calabar Carnival is around the corner, but hello! That is also filled with boring costume parades and boring live concerts of some American hip hop and R & B acts who are trying to escape from the boring chilling winter in the US and Europe to make some hundreds of thousands of dollars to do second rate live shows for their millions of gullible fans in Nigeria.

How many Nigerian guys have taken their babes on one week or one month fun trips to the Sun City Resort in South Africa or to Dubai?
Why not just take a fun trip to exotic locations outside Nigeria!

The best majority of them have done is going to Mr. Biggs or Silverbird Cinemas. grin
Going to Obudu Ranch is like going to paradise to them.

I have seen couples stuck in their homes and towns for 10 years without vacations.
Oh, my God!
One neighbour takes his wife and two kids out to the fast food restaurant and cinemas twice a year!
They even plan going to the movies for months.

Nigerian guys idea for an exciting romance revolves around just sleeping with their girl friends.
Go to clubs and end up in bed again.
Go to a party and end up in bed again.
Go to the movies and end up in bed again.
Go shopping at the mall and end up in bed again.
Everything is all about S-E-X.
What a monotonous love life.
So, boring and so lame.

Have you thought of spending that your hard earned million naira salaries or ill-gotten rotten millions on improving your love life more than just buying a wonder on wheels and having a mansion in upscale locations in Nigeria?
Only to be tormented by the nightmarish environment of bad roads, stinking gutters and insecurity!
Nigeria presently is the worst place for a romantic vacation.

Lest we forget, for the married Nigerian guys, your love life also includes your child or children.
Just escape to more civilized destinations outside Africa.
Please, you deserve it if you have earned it.
Spending N5 million on a romantic vacation in the Bahamas will do more for your life than buying an extra car that will give you more fever and stress on bad roads in Nigeria.

What kind of love life are these Nigerians having?
No wonder their life span is short!

[size=28pt]“ Action is the last resource of those who know not how to dream. ”

— Oscar Wilde
[/size]
Re: Are Majority Of Nigerian Guys Not Annoyingly Boring In Romance? by goofie: 12:35pm On Nov 14, 2012
i dont bliv "Nigerian" guys r d problem. any guy cn be unrommantic depending on his upbringing, background,etc.

a woman is not left out from spicing things up in a marriage.in fact, she hs a major part to play in it. if she plan vacations, will d man refuse to go?

communication is key. talk about what u want u guys 2 do. the man cld also be seeing d woman as unromantic cos she doesnt initiate any fun activities.

deploy creativity...
Re: Are Majority Of Nigerian Guys Not Annoyingly Boring In Romance? by k2039: 1:10pm On Nov 14, 2012
So anything oyinbo do,we must do it by default.

Mtchew
Re: Are Majority Of Nigerian Guys Not Annoyingly Boring In Romance? by Abujafood: 1:20pm On Nov 14, 2012
k2039: So anything oyinbo do,we must do it by default.

Mtchew

Common shurrup, why you come go school naw? No be onyibo bring am come Africa! You for kuku dey villa dey run things with village folks instead of accepting a more civilized lifestyle!

@Topic

Is it only the men that are annoyingly boring? How about the dry ladies themselves? Many of them can't suggest romantic stuff for the so called unromantic boyfriends! It's a two way thing!
Re: Are Majority Of Nigerian Guys Not Annoyingly Boring In Romance? by 2goodbobo(m): 1:23pm On Nov 14, 2012
Finance is mostly a major stumbling block to achieve your eldorado romance campaign Mr man. How many families can afford 3square meals talkless of going to Togo to spend good time.

Is no crime to have a good time with your partner but then again one can't go out of his way to please the other. You must not fly to the moon to show how romantic you are. Is all about doing things differently.
Re: Are Majority Of Nigerian Guys Not Annoyingly Boring In Romance? by candieangel12(f): 1:40pm On Nov 14, 2012
Uhm, I wouldn't generalize most naija men as being un-romantic, as it can be said for every race of men. Alot of my naija girlfriends really enjoy their love life with their naija boyfriends but I have to say, my most un-romantic relationship was with a naija guy. We barely went out on dates, and when we did, it was because I asked him to take me out. He preferred going out with his buddies instead. And the worst was when we got intimate, all he cared about was his own pleasure, he didn't go out of his way to satisfy me.
Re: Are Majority Of Nigerian Guys Not Annoyingly Boring In Romance? by Mynd44: 1:41pm On Nov 14, 2012
What can I say about the OP? Is romance all about trips?

People. Its the little things that count not the trips or gifts
Re: Are Majority Of Nigerian Guys Not Annoyingly Boring In Romance? by lolaluv1(f): 2:52pm On Nov 14, 2012
So true!
But romance isn't just about taking trips to exotic places. You could do new stuff like taking a walk to your local dam while having a heartfelt discussion, you could have a sunny picnic on the rocks, you could slow-dance with your partner to some nice rhythm and blues or even play scrabble. You could race bikes in your neighbourhood. You could do karaoke...
Walk round town to see new sights.
However, the average Nigerian guy is busy chasing money and considers all those luxuries, not necessities. If he finishes eating your food, he considers it an adequate 'I LOVE YOU'.

Even when a girl is romantic, it takes a cooperative man for the relationship to be all that. It takes 2 to tango....
Re: Are Majority Of Nigerian Guys Not Annoyingly Boring In Romance? by UjSizzle(f): 3:16pm On Nov 14, 2012
In summary 'Romance' doesn't exist in their vocabulary.
Re: Are Majority Of Nigerian Guys Not Annoyingly Boring In Romance? by Nobody: 3:40pm On Nov 14, 2012
People now jump from one relationship to another.. the same way Hen jump from one cork to another.

I don't care if 9ja girls finds us unromantic ... Well I won't spend a damn Nigerian currency flying you to a damn jubiter, a damn mars and a damn mercury just because I want to be romantically silly. Join me on a trip to my grandmama's house in the village or you sit back in your mama's house... I've got a dream to save millions of people and I'm working towards that not spend my entire life satisfying a damn picnic in a damn foreign land..
Re: Are Majority Of Nigerian Guys Not Annoyingly Boring In Romance? by Mynd44: 5:12pm On Nov 14, 2012
uj_sizzle: In summary 'Romance' doesn't exist in their vocabulary.
And does it exist in yours? How many Nigerian men have you dated to be sure of this fact?

And what is the definition of romance?
Re: Are Majority Of Nigerian Guys Not Annoyingly Boring In Romance? by Orikinla(m): 5:22pm On Nov 14, 2012
How many Nigerian couples have ever been on a ferry or even like these two young couples having a romantic vacation on a cruise ship?

Re: Are Majority Of Nigerian Guys Not Annoyingly Boring In Romance? by Mynd44: 5:25pm On Nov 14, 2012
Orikinla: How many Nigerian couples have ever been on a ferry or even like these two young couples having a romantic vacation on a cruise ship?
How many cruise ships are in Nigeria? Sorry Africa
Re: Are Majority Of Nigerian Guys Not Annoyingly Boring In Romance? by Orikinla(m): 5:30pm On Nov 14, 2012
White guys know how to enjoy their love life more than Black guys.

(1) (Reply)

intimacy gadgets In Marriage / She Finally Said Yes / 5 Types Of Guys That Ladies Should Run Away From

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.