Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,087 members, 7,811,049 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:39 PM

People Of Which Tribe Are Least Likely To Marry People From Other Tribes? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / People Of Which Tribe Are Least Likely To Marry People From Other Tribes? (2145 Views)

Question Of D Day.Looking At Dis Pant,which Tribe Do U Think Really Owns D Pant? / Which Tribe In Nigeria Has More Pretty Girlz And Cute Guyz? / Which Tribe Got The Most Cute Guys In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

People Of Which Tribe Are Least Likely To Marry People From Other Tribes? by Onuokwu: 5:09pm On Nov 14, 2012
I want to validate an informal reserach i did on people from which tribe that are least and most likely to marry people from other tribes. My findings:

1. Least likely to marry people from other tribes - HAUSA
2. Most likely to marry people from other tribes - DELTA PEOPLE

Do you agree? If not, who are your nominees? grin grin
Re: People Of Which Tribe Are Least Likely To Marry People From Other Tribes? by Mynd44: 5:33pm On Nov 14, 2012
Tribe? Are we not all humans?
Re: People Of Which Tribe Are Least Likely To Marry People From Other Tribes? by onila(f): 5:44pm On Nov 14, 2012
Onuokwu: I want to validate an informal reserach i did on people from which tribe that are least and most likely to marry people from other tribes. My findings:

1. Least likely to marry people from other tribes - HAUSA
2. Most likely to marry people from other tribes - DELTA PEOPLE

Do you agree? If not, who are your nominees? grin grin
true

igbo's hardly marry outside
Re: People Of Which Tribe Are Least Likely To Marry People From Other Tribes? by Gboliwe: 6:09pm On Nov 14, 2012
onila: true

Not true.
Igbos marry outside more than Calabar, Hausas and maybe Yorubas
Re: People Of Which Tribe Are Least Likely To Marry People From Other Tribes? by slimchi2k2(m): 6:20pm On Nov 14, 2012
@p
where ur partner come,ain't nothing to do in ur marriage if u really want to marry,did u marry where she come from or the person

1 Like

Re: People Of Which Tribe Are Least Likely To Marry People From Other Tribes? by InkedNerd(f): 6:29pm On Nov 14, 2012
I have no personal preference, I love my Nigerian men all the same kiss

1 Like

Re: People Of Which Tribe Are Least Likely To Marry People From Other Tribes? by onila(f): 6:36pm On Nov 14, 2012
Inked_Nerd: I have no personal preference, I love my Nigerian men all the same kiss
yr back

the coolest girl ever smiley
Re: People Of Which Tribe Are Least Likely To Marry People From Other Tribes? by Onuokwu: 6:50pm On Nov 14, 2012
Inked_Nerd: I have no personal preference, I love my Nigerian men all the same kiss

No doubt you do. The question is from your observations which ones are least or more likely to marry outside their tribes/comfort zones.
Re: People Of Which Tribe Are Least Likely To Marry People From Other Tribes? by Nobody: 6:57pm On Nov 14, 2012
Quite valid. Igbo's born and bred in the east hardly marry a person of another tribe. Igbos not born and bred in the east are more likely not to marry a person of their tribe.
Yorubas are more likely to marry a person of the same tribe notwithstanding where they were born and bred.
Hausa/fulani's rarely marry a person of a different tribe and religion.
Some minorities are more liberal when chosing partners. First among them is the Efiks/Ibibios, then the urhobos/itsekiris and some other niger delta tribes like ogoni.
This purely anecdotal
Re: People Of Which Tribe Are Least Likely To Marry People From Other Tribes? by tpia1: 6:58pm On Nov 14, 2012
Not sure, but maybe kanuri are less likely to marry from other nigerian tribes.

When they do marry outside, possibly arabs are their first choice.

I could be wrong however.

But for all other nigerian tribes, its no holds barred save for yoruba women.
Re: People Of Which Tribe Are Least Likely To Marry People From Other Tribes? by Onuokwu: 7:37pm On Nov 14, 2012
J12: Quite valid. Igbo's born and bred in the east hardly marry a person of another tribe. Igbos not born and bred in the east are more likely not to marry a person of their tribe.
Yorubas are more likely to marry a person of the same tribe notwithstanding where they were born and bred.
Some minorities are more liberal when chosing partners. First among them is the Efiks/Ibibios, then the urhobos/itsekiris and some other niger delta tribes like ogoni.
This purely anecdotal

I agree with the one about Efiks/Ibibio with likely destination being igboland (for both men and women). Likely destination for itsekiris is youruba land or urhoboland while likely destination for Urhobos is igboland or Itsekiriland.
Re: People Of Which Tribe Are Least Likely To Marry People From Other Tribes? by tintingz(m): 8:45pm On Nov 14, 2012
》Yorubas - yes they do marry from other tribes
》Igbos - not really on it
》Hausas - no way

this are the three tribes i can list
Re: People Of Which Tribe Are Least Likely To Marry People From Other Tribes? by InkedNerd(f): 10:52pm On Nov 14, 2012
Onuokwu:

No doubt you do. The question is from your observations which ones are least or more likely to marry outside their tribes/comfort zones.

Well nna, here's the thing about your question, though I am aware that as individuals of various ethnic backgrounds, cultural backgrounds, and religious backgrounds, I can't necessarily say that I would use objective observation as a means of "rooting out" who I'd be most or least likely to marry. There are things that I don't like about men of certain nationalities based on what I've observed but I never used it as a means of creating some sort of hierarchy as to who I'd marry. I've heard members of my family speak ill of a particular ethnic group but never in my life have I ever used that to judge a whole group. Yes, there generalizations (and I'm sure those generalizations stem from somewhere) and certain common characteristics but I wouldn't use that as a means of not wanting to get to know marry, or rank an individual. My response isn't written with the intention on being politically correct, it is written because that is truly what I think and feel.
Re: People Of Which Tribe Are Least Likely To Marry People From Other Tribes? by Nobody: 11:17pm On Nov 14, 2012
onila: true

fa fa fa foul!!! they marry outside the most sef.
Re: People Of Which Tribe Are Least Likely To Marry People From Other Tribes? by Nobody: 12:56am On Nov 15, 2012
By a long shot, Hausas.
Re: People Of Which Tribe Are Least Likely To Marry People From Other Tribes? by MrsChima(f): 1:06am On Nov 15, 2012
I would not marry Igbo men.

2 Likes

Re: People Of Which Tribe Are Least Likely To Marry People From Other Tribes? by lacasa: 1:31am On Nov 15, 2012
Igbos hardly marry Outside.

Delta can marry anything. grin
Re: People Of Which Tribe Are Least Likely To Marry People From Other Tribes? by basisop(m): 1:43am On Nov 15, 2012
Mrs.Chima:
I would not marry Igbo men.

How many times you for like marry?
Re: People Of Which Tribe Are Least Likely To Marry People From Other Tribes? by onila(f): 2:09am On Nov 15, 2012
ItsModella:
fa fa fa foul!!! they marry outside the most sef.

sharrap! thats shows pple wanna marry them

unlike Yoruba bit-ches who nobody wants
Re: People Of Which Tribe Are Least Likely To Marry People From Other Tribes? by Nobody: 2:11am On Nov 15, 2012
onila:

sharrap! thats shows pple wanna marry them

unlike Yoruba bit-ches who nobody wants
how many times do I have to tell you that I'm no Yoruba?
Re: People Of Which Tribe Are Least Likely To Marry People From Other Tribes? by onila(f): 2:28am On Nov 15, 2012
ItsModella:
how many times do I have to tell you that I'm no Yoruba?
smiley then we cool then tongue
Re: People Of Which Tribe Are Least Likely To Marry People From Other Tribes? by Nobody: 2:33am On Nov 15, 2012
onila: smiley then we cool then tongue
cool smiley smiley
Re: People Of Which Tribe Are Least Likely To Marry People From Other Tribes? by onila(f): 2:36am On Nov 15, 2012
ItsModella:
cool smiley smiley
grin cool
Re: People Of Which Tribe Are Least Likely To Marry People From Other Tribes? by Mynd44: 2:51am On Nov 15, 2012
So Onila has a problem with Yorubas
Re: People Of Which Tribe Are Least Likely To Marry People From Other Tribes? by onila(f): 2:55am On Nov 15, 2012
Mynd_44: So Onila has a problem with Yorubas
only with the women

yoruba guys are cool and nice
Re: People Of Which Tribe Are Least Likely To Marry People From Other Tribes? by tpia1: 3:01am On Nov 15, 2012
onila:

my bit-chy mama who nobody wants

should i add your tribe to that description, since you're very free with your gutter mouth?
Re: People Of Which Tribe Are Least Likely To Marry People From Other Tribes? by Mynd44: 3:14am On Nov 15, 2012
onila: only with the women

Smh.
Re: People Of Which Tribe Are Least Likely To Marry People From Other Tribes? by onila(f): 3:17am On Nov 15, 2012
Mynd_44:
Smh.
cheesy
Re: People Of Which Tribe Are Least Likely To Marry People From Other Tribes? by Nobody: 10:10am On Nov 15, 2012
Onuokwu:

I agree with the one about Efiks/Ibibio with likely destination being igboland (for both men and women). Likely destination for itsekiris is youruba land or urhoboland while likely destination for Urhobos is igboland or Itsekiriland.

Igbo - Efik/ibibio marriages are not uncommon, i have no idea about itsekiri- yoruba marriages and urhobo - igbo though.
Re: People Of Which Tribe Are Least Likely To Marry People From Other Tribes? by wildorchid(f): 10:38am On Nov 15, 2012
J12: Quite valid. Igbo's born and bred in the east hardly marry a person of another tribe. [b]Igbos not born and bred in the east are more likely not to marry a person of their tribe.
[/b]Yorubas are more likely to marry a person of the same tribe notwithstanding where they were born and bred.
This purely anecdotal

I don't think so. Igbos not born and bred in the east seem marry the fellow igbos the most.
Re: People Of Which Tribe Are Least Likely To Marry People From Other Tribes? by Onuokwu: 10:38am On Nov 15, 2012
onila: only with the women

Wetin the women do you now? I like them o. They are free givers and some of them've got nice backside...like south african women! grin
Re: People Of Which Tribe Are Least Likely To Marry People From Other Tribes? by Nobody: 11:18am On Nov 15, 2012
wildorchid:

I don't think so. Igbos not born and bred in the east seem marry the fellow igbos the most.

You must be joking

(1) (2) (Reply)

Will There Ever Be A Beautiful Time Likethis? / 6 Possible Reasons Why You're Single---and Won't Attract A Lover / Long Distance Relationships, Do They Really Workout?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.