Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,607 members, 7,816,508 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:18 PM

World Class Religious Debates - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / World Class Religious Debates (4332 Views)

Portrait Of Pope Benedict Xvi Made Of Condoms Sparks Debates (photo) / Nabeel Qureshi Debates The Son Of Man / Faithful Followers Of Christ Should Stop Religious Debates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: World Class Religious Debates by advocate666: 1:41pm On Nov 15, 2012
okeyxyz:

Do you @logicboy [s]Apologetics (from Greek ἀπολογία, "speaking in defense"wink is[/s] engage in the discipline of defending a position your Atheism (often religious) through the systematic use of information. Do you as a Early Christian writer (c. 120–220) defended their faith your atheism against critics and recommended their faith your atheism to outsiders? Therefore you were are called an apologists.

Biggest NL fail.

Atheism is not defended. There is NOTHING to defend. They just tell you to go to hell with your preachings.
Re: World Class Religious Debates by Nobody: 1:45pm On Nov 15, 2012
obadiah777: SHE NOT NAIJA. HOWEVER SHE IS ON THE SAME SPIRITUAL JOURNEY SO SHE IS NOW A SPIRITUAL ISRAELITE

Sharaap. What is her ethnicity? Is she from Isreal or Naija or somewhere else?
Re: World Class Religious Debates by Nobody: 1:47pm On Nov 15, 2012
Logicboy03:

Sharaap. What is her ethnicity? Is she from Isreal or Naija or somewhere else?
WHITE BRITISH. BUT SHE GOT SOUL wink
Re: World Class Religious Debates by okeyxyz(m): 1:50pm On Nov 15, 2012
advocate666:

Biggest NL fail.

Atheism is not defended. There is NOTHING to defend. They just tell you to go to hell with your preachings.

Cheii!! Bro, it seems the grasp of english is eluding you grin grin Can anybody believe in anything without defending it? otherwise you wouldn't hold such a belief. Do you have arguments as to why your satanism is superior to my christianity? Is that not defending your position? Thus makes you a satanism apologist.

These nairaland champions sef... undecided
They shoot first and aim later grin
Re: World Class Religious Debates by Nobody: 1:52pm On Nov 15, 2012
obadiah777: WHITE BRITISH. BUT SHE GOT SOUL wink

lol.....I knew it. grin grin

Good good. I like interracial couples. wink
Re: World Class Religious Debates by Nobody: 1:54pm On Nov 15, 2012
Logicboy03:

lol.....I knew it. grin grin

Good good. I like interracial couples. wink
HOW YOU KNEW IT ? LMAO grin SHE IS BUILT LIKE SERENA WILLIAMS NOW. BIG BUTT AND WHATNOT grin grin
Re: World Class Religious Debates by advocate666: 2:02pm On Nov 15, 2012
okeyxyz:

Cheii!! Bro, it seems the grasp of english is eluding you grin grin Can anybody believe in anything without defending it? otherwise you wouldn't hold such a belief. Do you have arguments as to why your satanism is superior to my christianity? Is that not defending your position? Thus makes you a satanism apologist.

These nairaland champions sef... undecided
They shoot first and aim later grin

Another big fial. Is Failure your middle name?
What do atheists believe in?

I can defend Satan but I don't because He who guides me in dark shadows needs no defence unlike your weak god.
Re: World Class Religious Debates by advocate666: 2:04pm On Nov 15, 2012
obadiah777: WHITE BRITISH. BUT SHE GOT SOUL wink

What biblical tribe will your children belong to?
Re: World Class Religious Debates by Nobody: 2:06pm On Nov 15, 2012
advocate666:

What biblical tribe will your children belong to?
israelites. the seed is from the father
Re: World Class Religious Debates by okeyxyz(m): 2:08pm On Nov 15, 2012
obadiah777: israelites. the seed is from the father

NICE!!!
Re: World Class Religious Debates by advocate666: 2:10pm On Nov 15, 2012
obadiah777: israelites. the seed is from the father

misogynist
Re: World Class Religious Debates by okeyxyz(m): 2:19pm On Nov 15, 2012
advocate666:

Another big fial. Is Failure your middle name?
What do atheists believe in?

I can defend Satan but I don't because He who guides me in dark shadows needs no defence unlike your weak god.

Hmm.., A lot of you guys are turning to reason like @logicboy every day by day. You simply read and reference texts on the surface but fail to grasp the meanings and applications.

Anyway sha, this is nairaland, it is to be expected. cheesy
Re: World Class Religious Debates by Nobody: 2:24pm On Nov 15, 2012
okeyxyz:

Hmm.., A lot of you guys are turning to reason like @logicboy every day by day. You simply read and reference texts on the surface but fail to grasp the meanings and applications.

Anyway sha, this is nairaland, it is to be expected. cheesy
Oga hw fa dt our jesus myth vs real thread na?
Re: World Class Religious Debates by okeyxyz(m): 2:31pm On Nov 15, 2012
musKeeto:
Oga hw fa dt our jesus myth vs real thread na?

If when you know that i'm a christian and you still proceed to ask me these sort of questions(when I assume you know my position), do you seriously expect an answer Because if you do, then i'm sorry, your case is beyond me. Perhaps you are drinking too much garri again grin grin. It's like asking a lion if he's a vegetarian. Are you serious
Re: World Class Religious Debates by Nobody: 2:35pm On Nov 15, 2012
okeyxyz:

NICE!!!
APPRECIATE YOU BRAH
Re: World Class Religious Debates by Nobody: 2:35pm On Nov 15, 2012
advocate666:

misogynist
LOL IT IS WHAT IT IS BRAH
Re: World Class Religious Debates by okeyxyz(m): 2:36pm On Nov 15, 2012
at last, @weigraf is here. You are one of a few who challenge me. Abeg say something useful jare, these your amateur cohorts are misfiring. I'm afraid my continued association with them might dilute my mental capacity grin
Re: World Class Religious Debates by wiegraf: 2:38pm On Nov 15, 2012
okeyxyz:

Seriously Bros!! You need to cut-down on the amount of garri you drink, grin grin I believe it's inhibiting your reasoning abilities. If it was @logicboy who said the above,i'd just laugh and walk by, but not you. I don't believe the @wiegraf I know is this slow to hold this kind of thought.

What part of "atheist apologetics" don't you understand? You react as if it is an abomination, an unnatural subject. What is so abhorrent about the word "apologetics"(I believe you have no problem with "Atheist" ) that it cannot be ascribed to an atheist??

Well, then, considering you claim to have superior reasoning skills, this despite being xtian, asides from all that's been mentioned explain what atheists have to defend. Also, explain how atheism is a religion pls
Re: World Class Religious Debates by advocate666: 2:39pm On Nov 15, 2012
okeyxyz: at last, @weigraf is here. You are one of a few who challenge me. Abeg say something useful jare, these your amateur cohorts are misfiring. I'm afraid my continued association with them might dilute my mental capacity grin

one needs to have a mental capacity in the first place before worrying of dilution.
Re: World Class Religious Debates by okeyxyz(m): 2:41pm On Nov 15, 2012
advocate666:

one needs to have a mental capacity in the first place before worrying of dilution.

grin grin NICE!!! at least you have sharp wits.
Re: World Class Religious Debates by advocate666: 2:41pm On Nov 15, 2012
wiegraf:

Well, then, considering you claim to have superior reasoning skills, this despite being xtian, asides from all that's been mentioned explain what atheists have to defend. Also, explain how atheism is a religion pls

Lord 'ave mercy! You are actually going to try and engage the dimwit in a conversation on atheism?
This should be fun.
Re: World Class Religious Debates by advocate666: 2:42pm On Nov 15, 2012
okeyxyz:

I have more than sharp wits. I have my Guide and Provider. The One that brought bknowledge to this world.
Re: World Class Religious Debates by Nobody: 2:43pm On Nov 15, 2012
okeyxyz:

YEAH NOTHING LIKE SHARP WITS. THE SHARPER THE WITS THE HARDER THEY FALL grin grin AT LEAST FROM MY EXPERIENCE LOL
Re: World Class Religious Debates by okeyxyz(m): 2:47pm On Nov 15, 2012
wiegraf:

It follows naturally that whatever you belief, you must also defend, you must find arguments and references and evidence to justify and convince people why your position is superior to an opponents. That's what makes you an apologist for your beliefs.

Whether a religion or not, atheism is a belief. The belief that there is no god and there cannot be a god, even discounting any possibility that we might find god in the future. Yeah!! it's a good as a religion.
Re: World Class Religious Debates by okeyxyz(m): 2:59pm On Nov 15, 2012
advocate666:

misogynist

Why is misogynist the only thing you can come up with? How about assertive?
Oyibo has turned you into a wimp. Women now rule over you.
Re: World Class Religious Debates by Ubenedictus(m): 2:59pm On Nov 15, 2012
Logicboy03:

Weere!

You don crae finish. I told you to stop smoking igbo with bible pages
y does this sound funny?
Re: World Class Religious Debates by Ubenedictus(m): 3:01pm On Nov 15, 2012
advocate666:

Old boy, what you are smoking can only be found in the "lost" ark of covenant. It is what made them moses and davids massacre whole nations. Powerful stuff.
lol!
Re: World Class Religious Debates by Nobody: 3:45pm On Nov 15, 2012
okeyxyz:

It follows naturally that whatever you belief, you must also defend, you must find arguments and references and evidence to justify and convince people why your position is superior to an opponents. That's what makes you an apologist for your beliefs.

Whether a religion or not, atheism is a belief. The belief that there is no god and there cannot be a god, even discounting any possibility that we might find god in the future. Yeah!! it's a good as a religion.
And being bald is a hairstyle..

Jesus is either a myth or real. There aren't two versions.
Re: World Class Religious Debates by MrAnony1(m): 3:57pm On Nov 15, 2012
okeyxyz:

lol, you really shouldn't have bothered replying him. Notice his condescending tone when he says the highlighted. He tries to imply that somehow being a christian automatically makes you have poor intellect? Perhaps you should ask him where he got his bigoted view from?

wiegraf:

Also ask him on what basis he justifies his unbelief because if there is no reason for not believing, then atheism ceases to be a position at all and need not be explained or defended i.e no apologetics.
However, if there are reasons for disbelief, then it qualifies as a position and any arguments in favor of it can very well be termed apologetics.
Re: World Class Religious Debates by wiegraf: 4:45pm On Nov 15, 2012
@okey

I'll be back soon enough to deal with you properly. You seem to require some spanking from your godless (note the 'less') overlords. But to start

That is not atheism. Lack of belief, not belief. Which do you think is the default position, belief or disbelief. Which do you think needs to defend its position, or 'apologize' if $hit goes wrong? You also may need to look into the word belief

And have you heard of theism apologists before? Or deist apologetics. These groups do have beliefs (unlike atheists) but have very little to defend. They don't fly into buildings solely because they believe in god(s). It's mostly because their usually extremely silly religion requests it (in this case promising 72 virgins). Religions come with doctrine, dogma, not your belief (or lack of) of god.

And particularly for atheism which is a lack of belief, do you think those who don't believe in astrology need apologetics? Or those who don't believe in santa?
Re: World Class Religious Debates by wiegraf: 5:10pm On Nov 15, 2012
Mr_Anony:
lol, you really shouldn't have bothered replying him. Notice his condescending tone when he says the highlighted. He tries to imply that somehow being a christian automatically makes you have poor intellect? Perhaps you should ask him where he got his bigoted view from?

Ah, the indignity! The shame! Of course the condescension was intentional, and meant to be noticed. You think he didn't notice it?

Besides, you believe some omnipotent guy sent himself down to earth to kill himself so he could wipe out sins his omnipotence could not prevent and thus he would not have to flood us mortals again. Heck, you believe in omnipotence, that alone would be derided heavily were it not tagged religion. How in any universe do any of these ideas sound reasonable?

Mr_Anony:
Also ask him on what basis he justifies his unbelief because if there is no reason for not believing, then atheism ceases to be a position at all and need not be explained or defended i.e no apologetics.
However, if there are reasons for disbelief, then it qualifies as a position and any arguments in favor of it can very well be termed apologetics.

There is no reason to believe. Not - there is a reason to unbelieve.

Really, do you know who is making claims here?
Re: World Class Religious Debates by MrAnony1(m): 5:18pm On Nov 15, 2012
wiegraf:
There is no reason to believe. Not - there is a reason to unbelieve.

Really, do you know who is making claims here?
Lol, If I said I don't believe in the easter bunny for instance, I think it is a reasonable question for someone to ask me why I don't believe in the easter bunny.
Same goes for you; "Why don't you believe in God?" is a reasonable question.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Prophet Jeremiah Fufeyin's Wife, Anthonia Reveals Plans For Her N30m Gift / Teachings Of Jesus That Jesus Disobeyed / Who Is This Man Called Tudor?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.