Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,433 members, 7,819,559 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:13 PM

NYSC Kits.... Must They Be Of Low Quality? - NYSC (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / NYSC Kits.... Must They Be Of Low Quality? (7000 Views)

NYSC Advertises For Supply Of Kits: An Opportunity For Sme's / Nysc kits still available and affordable before may 5 / NYSC Kits Available For N1500 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NYSC Kits.... Must They Be Of Low Quality? by webizone(m): 6:05pm On Nov 15, 2012
Pergrace:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Grin. The most used smiley on nairaland. Nigeria, the world's happiest people.
Re: NYSC Kits.... Must They Be Of Low Quality? by ifyeky(m): 6:31pm On Nov 15, 2012
afam4eva: I heard they budget about 50k for each pair. How true is that?

It is 75k per head
Re: NYSC Kits.... Must They Be Of Low Quality? by onitemi21: 6:37pm On Nov 15, 2012
Dats Naija 4 U,anytin goes
Re: NYSC Kits.... Must They Be Of Low Quality? by chykeo1(m): 6:53pm On Nov 15, 2012
Cmanforall: Over the years it has bn found that kits given to corp members are fake or rather, of low quality... This has made those mobilised for youth service to buy their kits themselves.
If government should look into this, and also caution or revoke the contract from whosoever that is supplying these, it will go a long way to really show the value of the money allocated for this supply.
Anyway, for those of u NLanders that hv served, pls drop ur comments on this issue about FAKE NYSC kits

tnx

Can we find a group of NYSC corps members who will refuse to put on sub-standard wears and demand that NYSC procures standard/durable outfits?

1 Like

Re: NYSC Kits.... Must They Be Of Low Quality? by zeezcounit: 7:05pm On Nov 15, 2012
Am very happy someone is thinking the way am thinking by posting this thread. I am presently in camp for the 2012 batch C. To be sincere thee kits are are nothing but rags. Putting it on is like u r being put into a sack. Walahi, bagco bag is well sown than NYSC kits. The boots are substandard, d tennis is like putting on sticks, d white shirts or polo is like wearing rags, even wat dey nw call khaki is no more khaki as it is usually called, etc I think we need to make a public awareness of all this menace. I will be coming up with the manufacturers name soon.

2 Likes

Re: NYSC Kits.... Must They Be Of Low Quality? by Orikinla(m): 7:14pm On Nov 15, 2012
[size=18pt]The NYSC KITS are why the corrupt government insists on the continuation of the dysfunctional service, because they make billions of naira from the contracts every year.
These people are plain crooks who have no class and no taste.
They are apes in the corridors of power.
They are not capable of any respect.[/size]
Re: NYSC Kits.... Must They Be Of Low Quality? by sandysprax(m): 7:42pm On Nov 15, 2012
The problem is with the youths. If you organise rally now, those from "wealthy" families will not participate because they believe they can easily get cash from their parents are sow their own. In essence they'll be "forming big boys and girls". They should come to the white man's land and see how kids start living independent of their parents from as early as 16.
Re: NYSC Kits.... Must They Be Of Low Quality? by tripleaa: 7:43pm On Nov 15, 2012
The NYSC scheme in its entity is a fraud... Scrap the crab. There official are as corrupt as ministry of petroleum. Annoyingly, the tell corpers not to talk to the press and the so called graduate remain silent and pushed around. Rubbish scheme.. cry
Re: NYSC Kits.... Must They Be Of Low Quality? by kedukc(m): 8:09pm On Nov 15, 2012
Orikinla: [size=18pt]The NYSC KITS are why the corrupt government insists on the continuation of the dysfunctional service, because they make billions of naira from the contracts every year.
These people are plain crooks who have no class and no taste.
They are apes in the corridors of power.
They are not capable of any respect.[/size]

guy you need a little more sex than your getting now. Always spitting fire on the net
Re: NYSC Kits.... Must They Be Of Low Quality? by doopsy(f): 8:19pm On Nov 15, 2012
I remember during my time,I washed my khaki trousers and it reduced half the size ,turning it into a three quarter..everyone who saw me had a good laugh.my LI had to beg me to stop wearing it. grin
Re: NYSC Kits.... Must They Be Of Low Quality? by semit: 9:07pm On Nov 15, 2012
evry corps member's complete kit is almost 80k. yeah 80k!!! And nobody cares to inspect d quality. brothers & sisters d quality is bad. i mean really bad.
Re: NYSC Kits.... Must They Be Of Low Quality? by Pakavy(m): 9:08pm On Nov 15, 2012
pDude: Yes.

It is because you Nigerians students are viewed as low quality products by your government, hence you deserve low quality kits.
hard truth!!
Re: NYSC Kits.... Must They Be Of Low Quality? by Nickonomakaveli(m): 9:10pm On Nov 15, 2012
I luv dis thread,it has bin heard dat d supplying of nysc a
Kit is bin contracted 2 our senate president,he is d 1dat supply d product,he is d 1 dat supply inferior product.
Re: NYSC Kits.... Must They Be Of Low Quality? by LeJeun3: 9:30pm On Nov 15, 2012
My kit was a complete wa. . . . My top was fitted (no complain), trouser (wore it twice, d waist was ikebe size), cap (like boy ajasco), belt (used it as cloth line in camp), boot (size 45, was ok), white t-shirts (lost them after collection), white shorts (used one as a rag,d other as a boxer).

Thats why I was in support of Yaradua's plan to give each corps member, N700k out of the N1.1m allegedly spent on each the Certificate 1 month on camp.

Just saying!
Re: NYSC Kits.... Must They Be Of Low Quality? by Kzea: 9:36pm On Nov 15, 2012
Dose pple aя̩̥̊ε̲̣̣ so worse
D̶̲̥̅̊ budget  each corpers wear i̶̲̥̅̊s̶̲̥̅̊ 75 thousand naira
Re: NYSC Kits.... Must They Be Of Low Quality? by Hardfact: 10:16pm On Nov 15, 2012
Yomieluv: Its a case of profit maximization,cartel formation,and high level of corruption.don't be surprise that the DG of NYSC might be involved in it too. During my time,the NYSC kit was nothing to write home about.
What do you mean by "during my time"? What makes you imagine that those rags could have become any better long after you have served!
Re: NYSC Kits.... Must They Be Of Low Quality? by dramenda(f): 10:22pm On Nov 15, 2012
yeah it must,its the quality of education they receive government uses to make the kits grin grin grin
Re: NYSC Kits.... Must They Be Of Low Quality? by luc26(f): 11:45pm On Nov 15, 2012
Rags u mean?of crse dey shud b of low quality cos FG wantz nigeria graduates to move abt in rags 4 a year
Re: NYSC Kits.... Must They Be Of Low Quality? by ijawkid(m): 11:45pm On Nov 15, 2012
Right now I can't even wear my crested vest and jacket....they are now tight and torn.....as for my face cap its turned crazy........

E remain make I use yansh dey go CDS......

I think NYSC should just tell us to sew our khaki's ourselves and bring them to the camp.....because what corpers are given as kits are as good as nothing....
Re: NYSC Kits.... Must They Be Of Low Quality? by SimplYeahmee(m): 2:22am On Nov 16, 2012
dadicvila: i remember going for the hill climbing in Agwu camp(Enugu),we were still lined up platoon by platoon when my khaki trouser started tearing,before i got half way it had already turned to skirt,i had to use the khaki shirt to tie my front and a nairalander gave me her own khaki shirt to tie my back like women tie wrappers,God just saved me from disgrace that day.....those Nysc kits are terrible,i wish somebody can take up this issue

i sincerely want to take it up, cos the substandardness is frustrating and disgraceful. yuck lipsrsealed
Re: NYSC Kits.... Must They Be Of Low Quality? by SimplYeahmee(m): 2:27am On Nov 16, 2012
jeddyMay: As yr goes by, it deteriorates. lipsrsealed tot tins shld get beta bt in Naija, it tins decline as yr goes by undecided

it will get beta, we just need to put our hearts and hands together to lift it
Re: NYSC Kits.... Must They Be Of Low Quality? by SimplYeahmee(m): 2:34am On Nov 16, 2012
zeezcounit: Am very happy someone is thinking the way am thinking by posting this thread. I am presently in camp for the 2012 batch C. To be sincere thee kits are are nothing but rags. Putting it on is like u r being put into a sack. Walahi, bagco bag is well sown than NYSC kits. The boots are substandard, d tennis is like putting on sticks, d white shirts or polo is like wearing rags, even wat dey nw call khaki is no more khaki as it is usually called, etc I think we need to make a public awareness of all this menace. I will be coming up with the manufacturers name soon.

hi, whr are u serving? if u wish to stand up against dis, pls contact me and lets put head together on the way out. (yemmy2k4eva@yahoo.com or 08098093669)

1 Like

Re: NYSC Kits.... Must They Be Of Low Quality? by kavey10(m): 2:56am On Nov 16, 2012
SimplYeahmee:

hi, whr are u serving? if u wish to stand up against dis, pls contact me and lets put head together on the way out. (yemmy2k4eva@yahoo.com or 08098093669)

Good move brof, I'm impressed. This move of yours is what is needed!
Re: NYSC Kits.... Must They Be Of Low Quality? by Richy4(m): 4:26am On Nov 16, 2012
That is what you get when things are produced on mass in Nigeria. the most annoying was the shorts or nappy as we call it in those days. we do not know if they were trying to make it skirt and quickly changed their mind and added something in-between. luckily I was told before going to get mine.
Re: NYSC Kits.... Must They Be Of Low Quality? by oc2fish: 8:41am On Nov 16, 2012
I strongly belive that giving every corper 1m after graduation will be a better option becos the service has lost it core value but imagine allocating 1m to every agric, engineering and accounting graduate after service. I am sure 50% will employ three graduate after a year of opperation. I belive we can look at such angle or try that option for two years and monitor the results. The present NYSC staff will keep tab and monitor the new graduate and give report on the progress.
Re: NYSC Kits.... Must They Be Of Low Quality? by kinnkw(m): 12:30pm On Nov 16, 2012
Modify
Re: NYSC Kits.... Must They Be Of Low Quality? by kinnkw(m): 12:54pm On Nov 16, 2012
google

(1) (2) (Reply)

NYSC Partners With IITA To Create Opportunities For Nigerian Youths / Change Of Place Of Primary Posting By Nysc / Shuaibu Ibrahim Charges Corps Members To Work For National Integration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.