Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,772 members, 7,817,143 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:02 AM

Roots of (Violent) Cultism in Nigerian Schools - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Roots of (Violent) Cultism in Nigerian Schools (60576 Views)

Which University Has The Highest Rate Of Cultism In Nigeria? / Water Scarcity In Nigerian Schools / 16 Errors That Are Still Taught In Nigerian Schools Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Roots of (Violent) Cultism in Nigerian Schools by yesiweican: 3:35am On Mar 13, 2010
I hail all frat men!

I am glad that there is a forum to discuss the issue of cultism in Nigerian. We (all frat) have the highest number of intellect in all organization in Nigeria, but we have dent our image. Every frat in Nigeria had lost the aim 4 which it was found, because every frat want to be the best. We have lost it! we have lost it! The future of Nigeria is in our hands becos we(all frat) are organization built by intellect. if we cannot take a stand to reform our activities in and out of campus, then it will be difficult to restructure our country Nigeria.
Martin Luther king was a member of a fraternity, but he is well respect by all becos he figth a good figth for is people and nation, In Canada, when u graduate from school and u are a member of a frat people respect u because is not easy to become a member of a fraternity. I am a member of the of Africa, and some of the things i learnt from my frat are what make me a better person today. I believe every frat in their uniqueness, have some thing great to offer to their members and the society. The issue of one frat being the better, or have more intellect would not help us as frat and our nation Nigeria, but been united and respecting each others believe is the begin of a better tomorrow.

My advice: Nigeria frat had grown too large to be ignored by the government, So i beg leaders of every frat in nigeria to come together, make a proposition to the government for a open system, where by frat in campus can register under school authorities. The school authorities allocate a piece of land to every frat to build on, for their activitie, this will give every frat freedom to run their ativities freely and be responsible for their act. Also it will reduce the dispute between frats if every frat knw they will held responsible for any llegal activities that is not bound by school authoritie. Finally the leaders (all frat) should try to make some interfrat activities like soccer, best dressed on campus,frat with the most talent, ect. Activities like this can bring about unity, for example fifa world cup bring nations together, Every frat had lost and win in some areas, so its time to come together!
We frat can redeem our image and build our father land.

Egede to all glorious !!!
Re: Roots of (Violent) Cultism in Nigerian Schools by naminami: 4:54am On Mar 26, 2010
i echo, awume 2 all ma brodas across the nation, may GP never strike us, may our blood never gets clothed, may we keep sailing tru da rough sea, treasure is assured, AWUME!!!, S.O
Re: Roots of (Violent) Cultism in Nigerian Schools by eyitayoboy(m): 10:44pm On Jun 29, 2010
2all buccaneers ere,u r all degraded fo0ls.wat r u proud of?so n0ne of u gat brain, wat dos rugged means?y r u nw hapy?ur dirty idiots,OLORI BURUKU NI YIN, u thieves,as a mata of fact,ur d worst,dat idiot tokin,if e set,u fit wait?muthafucker, alora,ahumen, Bleep u all,mk una jas c0m0t er,ur nt proud of anytn, na buca u proud of.
ll b bk 4u. go to yr table n cry to GOD.yr mates r cryn dey mis-waka,ur ere doin rubish
Re: Roots of (Violent) Cultism in Nigerian Schools by naminami: 7:05am On Aug 19, 2010
cool eyitayo boy or wots ur name? dat, i dnt wnt 2 knw facts dat u fraternize wit road side meat seller,road side mechanics n u cn name dem because u do things 2gethr dnt mk u rugged, lol bt 2 be rugged u hv 2 be wise, by the way i
dnt think u ve finished schooling may be u re still in school but u shud knw 1 thing, orientations matters, well u knw notin sha u re a small boy smiley
AWUME!!! 2 ALL ma RUGGED LORDS, save, SO
Re: Roots of (Violent) Cultism in Nigerian Schools by Ifesoo: 7:19pm On Sep 17, 2010
[color=][/color] well many are called but few are choosen,still on s.many juu men dey like critizes.tell me how somebody will be saying what he don't know about frat why he is not there.I believe dey want to know but paroo dey catch them. AWUMEN!! TO ALL RUGGED SAILORS
Re: Roots of (Violent) Cultism in Nigerian Schools by anyino: 12:27am On Nov 08, 2010
Candidly am not trying to criticize any confra here but am being compelled to say that the so called aloras with this 2 id toni_tau11 and njazra are fools without orientation as they do not know genealogy of the confra they claim to be. Now let me orientate you 2 fools a little. Have it into your head that Supreme Eiye Confraternity (SEC) is the only natural Confra in Nigeria that originated on it's own without impersonation or break out from another confra with inspiration of Phoenix of which you know phoenix never die which is why SEC is still much alive till date and can never die or be divided cos when you think is dead, it will arise from it's self and live again. your alora pyrate and buccaneers are impersonations of Caribbean sea treasure plunders such as Aruj Barbarossa and co. your alora buccaneers broke out of pyrate. so go check your confra genealogy very well if your really what you are claiming to be before you start your on orientated condemnation.

I REMAIN,
ANYINONATURAL.
WPK UBE N.
Re: Roots of (Violent) Cultism in Nigerian Schools by amurx(m): 1:35pm On Nov 08, 2010
Cultisms are political instrument so it can nt be curb unless do or die is abolish in nigeria.
Re: Roots of (Violent) Cultism in Nigerian Schools by basher(m): 10:11pm On Nov 21, 2010
Confraternities where "okay" in Nigeria in the 70's & 80's. However, with the introduction of increased violence in the late 80's things changed. This was made worse when the "quality" of people gaining admission into Nigerian universities dropped dramatically! People who had bought their o'levels/sssc etc certificates (or got people to sit it for them or bribed principal of remote secondary school), then went ahead to pay their way into Universities & Poly's. This meant that any armed robber or street boy (with the right cash) had a very high chance of gaining admission.

Add to the above the fact that campus heads of these confraternities started seeing it as money making ventures. This then made them to start initiating people indiscriminately just for the purpose of getting "Form money" from these guys and also to increase numbers. You can imagine, in the mid 90's, a campus head collecting form money from 100's of people and collecting semester dues from (in some cases) thousands of people. Most of these people were not even students, but just fools who wanted to belong. In some case, some confra members would even collect form money plus other monetary taxes from these fools and take them to the bush for a quickie initiation.

Also add to this that some confraternities became very tribal (yes the big T) in their recruitment, appointment of officers and operation. Don't wanna name names, but there are some confras where you wouldn't feel comfortable if you didn't belong to a certain tribe or grow up in certain towns.

At the end of the day, most of the decent people on campus from decent backgrounds didn't want anything to do with these groups. Words like "razz" etc were bandied about. They did put pressure on a lot of these people to join with the result that most of them left those campuses. This is one of the reasons why a lot of parents borrowed heaven & earth to send their kids abroad (and other parts of Africa) to study, leaving the remaining to kill and maim themselves like animals. There are hardly any decent "Materials" in Nigerian universities again, hence some confras decided to pull out. Good call.

The violence will only continue so long as undergrads in confras continue to believe that to be "rugged" is to be able to fight, shoot, maim and kill the opposition like a person possessed. Also, so long as the politicians (I don't wanna even talk about that angle) continue to use these guys as thugs. These same politicians whose kids are safely studying abroad for so called "superior" degrees?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Roots of (Violent) Cultism in Nigerian Schools by dirtygamer(m): 3:17pm On Nov 22, 2010
I wish fraternity can be legalized in Nigeria universities, Like Skull and Cross Bones, Beta, Gamma, etc fraternities in US. Buccanneers is still best frat in Nigeria universities(not sure of polytechnics). If there's no frat like aiyes, eyes, kk, Fraternity will be something everybody pray for. In every University, Buccanneers make academics as number one primary assignment, first man will always say stay away from troubles, make good grades and stay clean. Buccanneers will never start a fight, will never rob, or have sex with prostitutes. I feel sorry for secondary boys claiming to be eye or aiye. A friend of mine who claimed to eye, I asked him what is fraternity? He couldn't answer. I want to beg Aiyes, Eyes, KK to please stop initiating secondary school boys, mechanics, agbero, street thugs, prostitutes. The Fewer, the better. Ruggedity is in your soul, IQ, mind, spirit. It's not when u axe ur fellowman down.

2 Likes

Re: Roots of (Violent) Cultism in Nigerian Schools by IDERAWOLE(m): 10:43am On Nov 23, 2010
There is nothing evil in the word fraternity; however, we have a way of bastardizing everything in Nigeria.

Most people that patronize these outfits in Nigeria are simply looking for avenue to think deeply unfortunately IGNORANCE took over and we have the mess in our hands.

The best tat can be offered those guys and girls in fraternities all over the place is mind-building principles that LEADERSHIP SKILL TRAINING offers.

Go to http:/www.goodlifenow-goodlifenow..com and get a few dose of what will stimulate your heart.
Re: Roots of (Violent) Cultism in Nigerian Schools by naminami: 1:45am On Dec 14, 2010
@anyino, well am sorry dat u re in d wrong place, i dnt hv any thing 2 tell u, 4 ur LIFE U NO GO FIT FINE!! continue casting u nest every where, guy let me tell u dats not ruggedity, Awume!! 2 all d Lds, we sail till enternity
Re: Roots of (Violent) Cultism in Nigerian Schools by lillpet: 5:17pm On Jan 13, 2011
It is a sin to talk about things you no little or nothing about. I am proudly a Rugged Buccaneer and hold no regret for it. U see, Buccaneer is just a way of life, it forbids oppression, suppression, Gansterism, toutishness and any forms of crime or violence as it encourages Academic excellence and discipline, moral code of dressing and behavior, infact a well oriented buccaneer is unscrupulous in action, an achiever and A lord among every others . Many ignorant people here are not just criticizing cultism but buccaneer. I as a buccaneer is not in anyway a menace to the society, though there is still a believe of No price No pay.
In conclusion, Buccaneers are unscrupulous adventurers whose goal is to sail to the treasure Land (The highest desire of a man) It might not be easily understood because u all are lubbers. I echo Aw****** to all Rug*********Lords

1 Like

Re: Roots of (Violent) Cultism in Nigerian Schools by Tunde0091: 8:03am On Sep 22, 2011
proud 2 b a sealord, im a sealord nd we r doin perfectly well in acaddemics.rugged is nt wat u think.i echo a big awumen 2 all sailing sealords
Re: Roots of (Violent) Cultism in Nigerian Schools by dashkid: 10:28am On Dec 14, 2011
@naminami,anchor mi ur capa digit.
Re: Roots of (Violent) Cultism in Nigerian Schools by chuose: 3:41am On Jul 17, 2012
Na wa for these demonised people
Re: Roots of (Violent) Cultism in Nigerian Schools by chiedu7: 3:48am On Jul 17, 2012
ALL CONFRATERNITIES ARE SATANIC CONFRATERNITIES ARE SATANIC

If you look at the bible and compare it with confraternities, it's easy to see that satan is king over ALL CONFRATERNITIES

For more info https://www.facebook.com/notes/chiedu-oranye/proof-all-confraternities-are-satanic/474703333934

IF YOU'RE A CHRISTIAN YOU MUST, I REPEAT MUST RENOUNCE YOUR MEMBERSHIP.
IF YOU DIE AS A MEMBER HELL BECKONS

If your not a Christian, it does matter then.
Hell already has your name written down cry
Re: Roots of (Violent) Cultism in Nigerian Schools by lotannam: 1:47am On Jul 25, 2012
dirtygamer: I wish fraternity can legalize in Nigeria universities, Like Skull and Cross Bones, Beta, Gamma, etc fraternities in US. Buccanneers is still best frat in Nigeria universities(not sure of polytechnics). If there's no frat like aiyes, eyes, kk, Fraternity will be something everybody pray for. In every University, Buccanneers make academics as number one primary assignment, first man will always say stay away from troubles, make good grades and stay clean. Buccanneers will never start a fight, will never rob, or have sex with prostitutes. I feel sorry for secondary boys claiming to be eye or aiye. A friend of mine who claimed to eye, I asked him what is fraternity? He couldn't answer. I want to beg Aiyes, Eyes, KK to please stop initiating secondary school boys, mechanics, agbero, street thugs, prostitutes. The Fewer, the better. Ruggedity is in your soul, IQ, mind, spirit. It's not when u axe ur fellowman down.

You must be a fool.

2 Likes

Re: Roots of (Violent) Cultism in Nigerian Schools by chiedu7: 2:03am On Jul 25, 2012
When I was at UNN, Buccanneers were serious wahala guys.

Dem all demonic trust me.

The Skull & Cross bones na demonic group too.

Everything with secrets na of the devil

ALL CONFRATS ARE DEMONIC
Re: Roots of (Violent) Cultism in Nigerian Schools by chiedu7: 2:05am On Jul 25, 2012
IDERAWOLE: There is nothing evil in the word fraternity; however, we have a way of bastardizing everything in Nigeria.

Most people that patronize these outfits in Nigeria are simply looking for avenue to think deeply unfortunately IGNORANCE took over and we have the mess in our hands.

The best tat can be offered those guys and girls in fraternities all over the place is mind-building principles that LEADERSHIP SKILL TRAINING offers.

Go to http:/www.goodlifenow-goodlifenow..com and get a few dose of what will stimulate your heart.

They are CONFRATERNITIES not fraternities, there is a BIG DIFFERENCE

1 Like

Re: Roots of (Violent) Cultism in Nigerian Schools by zubike01(m): 11:58pm On Aug 12, 2012
you all should take a look at this link tells an interesting story about confra www.jollyrougeseries.com
Re: Roots of (Violent) Cultism in Nigerian Schools by fortyfeet(m): 7:02am On Sep 05, 2012
@Dminister
you are not any Vikings. they don't sound or write the way you did. be very careful.
and for all the rest who have claimed to be one thing or the other, your standard of english language and manner of presentation will not encourage anyone after reading your contributions even with all your claims of best students. discouraging.
Re: Roots of (Violent) Cultism in Nigerian Schools by Nobody: 4:02pm On May 09, 2013
olaotan: Hmm, it's a free world and I believe anybody has a right a to express his or her selves but still we need not just open our mouth and [speak nonsense].

I totally want to disagree with Owolabi about Buccaneers being the perpetrators of the nefarious activities on our campuses.

I schooled in Lagos and though I won't point accusing fingers but I will say Buccaneers are far more organised than any other fraternities. I also strongly believe that Buccaneers are far more peaceful and matured in thier ways.

I lost a babe because I wasn't a Buccaneer in LASU. They are all about clubbing, parties and all the good things of life but most importantly they hold their academicsĀ as their primary aim. Peace.
..dat 1 na una own ooooo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Roots of (Violent) Cultism in Nigerian Schools by Nobody: 2:41pm On Mar 28, 2016
Ferisidowu:
..dat 1 na una own ooooo
Ferisidowu:
..dat 1 na una own ooooo
[color=#990000][/color]
kamuzuB:
I graduated from ESUT in 1996, and am proud to say I am a member of OF AFRICA. I work with one of the major communications companies in Nigeria. Peole have diff things in mind when joining associations.

The upsurge of violence in our universities today is as as a result of the decay in our society. The politicians have contributed a lot to this decay. Have we asked ourselves the source of the sophisticated political thurgery we witness during our elections?

bammest Barunda der, I'm also a proud African, it's a little family we played on campus den, after school it's reality of life, no time fr hanki panki, dunno why ds boys in campus still indulge in crime and see it as d way
Re: Roots of (Violent) Cultism in Nigerian Schools by tck2000(m): 11:31am On Jun 28, 2019
bad
Re: Roots of (Violent) Cultism in Nigerian Schools by saleemkt: 1:31am On Dec 11, 2023
19. Don't use alternate accounts to access Nairaland after being banned. If you do, make sure we don't find out.
20. Complaints to or against moderators must be sent privately. Please don't disobey, disrespect, or defame them.
21. Please spell words correctly when you post, and try to use perfect grammar and punctuation.
22. Don't ask Nairaland members for contact details (email, phone, bbpin) or investments.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Federal University, Otuoke Hostels Flooded, Python Killed (Video) / Fat Joe Defends Curvy Teacher After Parents Asked For Her To Be Sacked / University Of Nigeria Nsukka In New beautiful ground Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.