Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,994 members, 7,841,810 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 03:09 PM

Why Do Protestants Use The Rosary? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Protestants Use The Rosary? (10386 Views)

Famous Rosary Miracles (for Believers). / Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? / Rosary No More!! Why I Stopped Praying The Rosary!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Protestants Use The Rosary? by Rooneyboy(m): 12:05pm On Nov 18, 2012
kopite: Sure this is roman catholic thread. carry on with your chaplet......i see the resemblance with islam.

ur obviously a mad man.

How dare u compare catholic and islam ?
How many people hv u seen Catholics kill in the name of religion ?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Protestants Use The Rosary? by saintvc(m): 12:07pm On Nov 18, 2012
POVERTY

IT IS CHEAPER TO BUY ROSARY THAN TO BUY NECKLACE.
Re: Why Do Protestants Use The Rosary? by megawax8: 12:21pm On Nov 18, 2012
sowie to deviate,is d poster,dats tobechi,a futoite??....#jst askin
Re: Why Do Protestants Use The Rosary? by swaggie(m): 12:27pm On Nov 18, 2012
Rooneyboy:

u took it right out of my mouth.
obviously u don't undestand english...if protestant is a big word, then tell us a smaller word to use...but that doesn't mean i agree that "protestant" is a very big word...its the right word 2 use. Pls check ur dictionary.
Re: Why Do Protestants Use The Rosary? by Tinyemeka(m): 12:28pm On Nov 18, 2012
SimonAndal: Minion: Your gruesomeness, these puny mortals are at it again with their prayer stuff.
Hades: Really? Has it cured Zeus of his garricosiliosis?
Minion: N...not really, your malevolence! Dude's still mad as a donkey shite with rabies!

smiley Finally!

So, you've been the RedBugito?! smiley
Re: Why Do Protestants Use The Rosary? by leonshom(m): 12:45pm On Nov 18, 2012
The best way to know is when yu ask a Protestant, dey wil av d best reason to give. I'm a Catholic.
Re: Why Do Protestants Use The Rosary? by jamp: 12:56pm On Nov 18, 2012
inurmind: Like I usually say, the second name of most christians is ''just in case''. So just in case catholism is the right doctrice, let them eat ur left overs.

They no wan loose both side grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do Protestants Use The Rosary? by Nobody: 12:57pm On Nov 18, 2012
Teeboi2020: They all knw dat d catholic is d first and best church bt they wn't agree grin
said by who? By who and for who?
Re: Why Do Protestants Use The Rosary? by chinny16: 1:07pm On Nov 18, 2012
If av sense as a pastor u dnt argue dis cus both catholics n protestants r all xian infact most protestants were born from catholics homes. N u poster look for sometng else I mean check ur topics.

Rooneyboy:

u took it right out of my mouth.
Re: Why Do Protestants Use The Rosary? by adamsalman(m): 1:10pm On Nov 18, 2012
If it be, Catholism is d ONLY one ordaind by GOD. Protestant waz formd in d 16century, protesting {as d name implies} against d Wish of GOD dat doz nt conform wt d interest of a selectd few among d congregatn, so dey separate, & it haz bn a continous circle hapnin in most of our churches today. Itz pathetic som cant even distinguish btw d fashion rosary & d praying rosary! & d aclaimd Inspired BOOK OF GOD (BIBLE) is nt evn wholy considerd trustworthy & reliable among us, hence we'r selectv in d aceptance of some Books in d Bible, eg.DUET.& odas! Sayin ds 4 Catholic,ds 4 Protestant,etc. Itz intelectualy horrendous!

1 Like

Re: Why Do Protestants Use The Rosary? by chinny16: 1:21pm On Nov 18, 2012
pastormustwacc: Protestant is a very big word.
if u av common sense mr pastor u shld nt argue on dis cus protestants n catholics r one xians n most protestants were born in catholics home n to u mr poster search for beta topics.
Re: Why Do Protestants Use The Rosary? by Mariojane(f): 1:27pm On Nov 18, 2012
pastormustwacc: Protestant is a very big word.
there is nothing big about d name. Catholic nd oda churches that shares d same doctrine re called orthodox and those with different doctrine re called protestants.its not meant as an insult bt that is how they knw d different btw them
Re: Why Do Protestants Use The Rosary? by larrymoore(m): 1:51pm On Nov 18, 2012
Hmmm.... GOD is patient.
Re: Why Do Protestants Use The Rosary? by Benite: 2:12pm On Nov 18, 2012
PLEASE CAN SOMEONE SHOW ME VERSE IN THE BIBLE THAT SAYS WE SHOULD PRAY OR PRAY WITH ROSARY? IF NOT I BELIEVE ITS BECAUSE ROSARY IS CHEAPER THAN NECKLACE.
Re: Why Do Protestants Use The Rosary? by Boomark(m): 2:13pm On Nov 18, 2012
Rooneyboy:

ur obviously a mad man.

How dare u compare catholic and islam ?
How many people hv u seen Catholics kill in the name of religion ?

I wonder what she said that you made you call her a mad man.
Re: Why Do Protestants Use The Rosary? by swaggie(m): 2:26pm On Nov 18, 2012
Mariojane: there is nothing big about d name. Catholic nd oda churches that shares d same doctrine re called orthodox and those with different doctrine re called protestants.its not meant as an insult bt that is how they knw d different btw them
thank u joor. D guy doesn't understand english dat's why he thinks protestant is a "very big" word.
Re: Why Do Protestants Use The Rosary? by Boomark(m): 2:28pm On Nov 18, 2012
If the protestants are protesting against idol worship, the Pope making himself saviour and the importation of rosary into Christianity, then it is a worthy protest.

Some secondary school students use those beads(rosary) to do big boys in school.

That is why Christ taught us to worship God in spirit and truth so that people wount get corrupt with images.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Protestants Use The Rosary? by Mariojane(f): 2:45pm On Nov 18, 2012
Benite: PLEASE CAN SOMEONE SHOW ME VERSE IN THE BIBLE THAT SAYS WE SHOULD PRAY OR PRAY WITH ROSARY? IF NOT I BELIEVE ITS BECAUSE ROSARY IS CHEAPER THAN NECKLACE.
since there is no place in d bible that says"pray wit rosary" can u then tell me somewhere in d bible that says pray wit "bible".so i only read PRAY and wht to pray wit is not specify.most of u heard ur people say catholic worship Mary bt u neva confirm d real truth b4 u talk.why dont u get there,,confirm b4 u knw wht to argue abt.

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Protestants Use The Rosary? by babestella: 2:55pm On Nov 18, 2012
tobechi74: I have noticed that ptotestant now use rosary. some of them hang it round their neck .others keep it in their pocket or handbag. One actually gave me her own rosary to give my priest to bless it for her. of course, I refused

i met a guyonline and he told me He prays the rosary but quickly added NOT LIKE CATHOLICS . he said he replaces the MARY MARY PART with Jesus. why is this so?

You are a big lier. Protestants will not use rosary to pray. You may be right if you say it is a catholic worshippers who sometimes attend church service with the protectants. I doubt if a core Protestant will be needing rosary to pray. Please post reasonable topic next time. This one is a complete lie. I still see some Catholics who have converted to protestant, but still keep and pray with their rosary anytime they feel like.
Re: Why Do Protestants Use The Rosary? by farem: 5:28pm On Nov 18, 2012
What is the big deal about rosary?
Rosary is a very demonic object of Babylon religion. It's carefully designed with each minute part of woven by satan himself. It should not be used or seen as object of fashion. In eyes of the holy God: it's satanically inspired! PLEASE RUN AWAY FROM IT, IT WILL KEEP YOU EVER RELIGIOUS BUT NEVER RAPTURABLE. Using it is flowing with demons (going to hell).
Re: Why Do Protestants Use The Rosary? by tobechi20(m): 5:33pm On Nov 18, 2012
megawax8: sowie to deviate,is d poster,dats tobechi,a futoite??....#jst askin

yeah, i am .....are u?
Re: Why Do Protestants Use The Rosary? by paulworld(m): 5:46pm On Nov 18, 2012
i can't just imagine d way some pple behave. only God will judge but come to thing of all this churches pastors, if really all were for God i guess Nigeria wouldn't have been in the state at which we are

let me not judge
Re: Why Do Protestants Use The Rosary? by dnawah(m): 5:55pm On Nov 18, 2012
Even if u take a monkey to d USA,when u tak it back,it eyes will still be on the banana trees.ex catholics.that thing is now use as fashion in this generation.
Re: Why Do Protestants Use The Rosary? by chibyki(m): 5:59pm On Nov 18, 2012
farem: What is the big deal about rosary?
Rosary is a very demonic object of Babylon religion. It's carefully designed with each minute part of woven by satan himself. It should not be used or seen as object of fashion. In eyes of the holy God: it's satanically inspired! PLEASE RUN AWAY FROM IT, IT WILL KEEP YOU EVER RELIGIOUS BUT NEVER RAPTURABLE. Using it is flowing with demons (going to hell).

The Admirable Secret of the Rosary
St. Louis-Marie Grignion de Montfort

Eighth Rose
Marvels of the Rosary

It would hardly be possible for me to put into words how much Our Lady thinks of the Holy Rosary and of how she vastly prefers it to all other devotions. Neither can I sufficiently express how highly she rewards those who work to preach the devotion, to establish it and spread it, nor on the other hand how firmly she punishes those who work against it.

All during life, Saint Dominic had nothing more at heart than to praise Our Lady, to preach her greatness and to inspire everybody to honor her by saying Her Rosary. As a reward he received countless graces from her; exercising her great power as Queen of Heaven she crowned his labors with many miracles and prodigies. Almighty God always granted him what he asked through Our Lady. The greatest honor of all was that she helped him crush the Albigensian heresy and made him the founder and patriarch of a great religious order.

As for Blessed Alan de la Roche who restored the devotion to the Rosary, he received many privileges from Our Lady; she graciously appeared to him several times to teach him how to work out his salvation, to become a good priest and perfect religious, and how to pattern himself on Our Lord.

He used to be horribly tempted and persecuted by devils, and then deep sadness would fall upon him and sometimes he used to be near to despair—but Our Lady always comforted him by her sweet presence which banished the clouds of darkness from his soul.

She taught him how to say the Rosary, explaining its value and the fruits to be gained by it and gave him a great and glorious privilege: the honor of being called her new spouse. As a token of her chaste love for him she placed a ring upon his finger and necklace made of her own hair about his neck and gave him a Rosary.

Father Triteme, Cathagena and Martin of Navarre (both very learned men) and others as well have spoken of him in terms of the highest praise. Blessed Alan died at Zunolle in Flanders September 8th, 1475, after having brought over one hundred thousand people into the Confraternity.

Blessed Thomas of Saint John was well known for his sermons on the Most Holy Rosary, and the devil, jealous of the success he had with souls, tortured him so much that he fell ill and was sick so long that the doctors gave him up. One night when he really thought that he was dying, the devil appeared to him in the most horrible form imaginable. There was a picture of Our Lady near his bed; he looked at it and cried with all his heart and soul and strength: “Help me, save me, my sweet, sweet Mother!” No sooner had he said this than the picture seemed to come alive and Our Lady put out her hand, took him by the arm and said:

“Do not be afraid, Thomas my son, here I am and I am going to save you: get up now and go on preaching my Rosary as you used to do. I promise to shield you from your enemies.”

When Our Lady said this the devil fled and Blessed Thomas got up, finding that he was in perfect health. He then thanked the Blessed Mother with tears of joy. He resumed his Rosary apostolate and his sermons were marvelously successful.

Our Lady blesses not only those who preach her Rosary, but she highly rewards all those who get others to say it by their example.

Alphonsus, King of Leon and Galicia, very much wanted all his servants to honor the Blessed Virgin by saying the Rosary. So he used to hang a large rosary on his belt and always wore it, but unfortunately never said it himself. Nevertheless his wearing it encouraged his courtiers to say the Rosary very devoutly.

One day the King fell seriously ill and when he was given up for dead he found himself, in a vision, before the judgement seat of Our Lord. Many devils were there accusing him of all the sins he had committed and Our Lord as Sovereign Judge was just about to condemn him to hell when Our Lady appeared to intercede for him. She called for a pair of scales and had his sins placed in one of the balances whereas she put the rosary that he had always worn on the other scale, together with all the Rosaries that had been said because of his example. It was found that the Rosaries weighed more than his sins.

Looking at him with great kindness Our Lady said: “As a reward for this little honor that you paid me in wearing my Rosary, I have obtained a great grace for you from my Son. Your life will be spared for a few more years. See that you spend these years wisely, and do penance.”

When the King regained consciousness he cried out: “Blessed be the Rosary of the Most Holy Virgin Mary, by which I have been delivered from eternal damnation!”

After he had recovered his health he spent the rest of his life in spreading devotion to the Holy Rosary and said it faithfully every day.

People who love the Blessed Virgin out to follow the example of King Alphonsus and that of the saints whom I have mentioned so that they too may win other souls for the Confraternity of the Holy Rosary. They will then receive great graces on earth and eternal life later on. “They that explain me shall have life everlasting life” (Ecclesiasticus 24:31).
Re: Why Do Protestants Use The Rosary? by dnawah(m): 5:59pm On Nov 18, 2012
noskyboy: the truth is people dont pray the rosary any more, (catholics inckusive) they use it instead as a piece of fasion. Look at music videos you would know whats up. It has now gotten to the point where rosary is being sold in butiques. If i may add, not only non catholics use the rosary, even muslims do. !ignorance!
tell them o!
Re: Why Do Protestants Use The Rosary? by PAGAN9JA(m): 6:01pm On Nov 18, 2012
tobechi74:

wat smaler word should i use? Plz

you can use stu.pids
Re: Why Do Protestants Use The Rosary? by chibyki(m): 6:10pm On Nov 18, 2012
The Admirable Secret of the Rosary
St. Louis-Marie Grignion de Montfort

Tenth Rose
Miracles

While Saint Dominic was preaching the Rosary in Carcasone, a heretic made fun of the miracles and the fifteen mysteries of the Holy Rosary, and this prevented other heretics from being converted. As a punishment God suffered fifteen thousand devils to enter the man’s body.

His parents took him to Father Dominic to be delivered from the evil spirits. He started to pray and begged everyone who was there to say the Rosary out loud with him, and at each Hail Mary Our Lady drove out one hundred devils out of the heretic’s body and they came out in the form of red hot coals.

After he had been delivered he abjured his former errors, was converted and joined the Rosary Confraternity. Several of his associates did the same, having been greatly moved by his punishment and by the power of the Rosary.

The learned Franciscan, Carthagena, as well as several other authors, say that an extraordinary event took place in 1482: The Venerable James Sprenger and other religious of his order were zealously working to reestablish devotion to the Holy Rosary and also to erect a Confraternity in the city of Cologne.

Unfortunately two priests who were famous for their preaching ability were jealous of the great influence they were exerting through preaching the Rosary. So these two Fathers spoke against this devotion whenever they had a chance, and as they were very eloquent and had a great reputation they persuaded many people not to join the Confraternity.

One of them, bound and determined to achieve his wicked end, wrote a special sermon against the Rosary and planned to give it the following Sunday. But when it came time for the sermon he never appeared and, after a certain amount of waiting somebody went to fetch him. He was found dead, and evidently had died alone without any one to help him and without seeing a priest.

After convincing himself that death had been due to natural causes, the other priest decided to carry out his friend’s plan and hoped to put an end to the Confraternity of the Rosary. However, when the day came for him to preach and it was time to give the sermon God punished him by striking him down with paralysis which deprived him both of the use of his limbs and of his power of speech.

At last he admitted his sin and likewise that of his friend and immediately, in his heart of hearts, he silently besought Our Lady to help him. He promised her that is she would only cure him he would preach the Holy Rosary with as much zeal as that with which he had formerly fought against it. For this end he implored her to restore his health and speech which she did, and finding himself instantaneously cured he rose up like another Saul, a persecutor turned defender of the Holy Rosary. He publicly acknowledged his former error and ever after preached the wonders of the Most Holy Rosary with great zeal and eloquence.

I am quite sure that freethinkers and ultra-critical people of today will question the truth of the stories in this little book, in the very same way that they have always questioned most things, but all that I have done has been to copy them from very good contemporary writers and also, in part, from a book that was written only a short time ago: “The Mystical Rose Tree,” by the Reverend Antonin Thomas, O.P.

Everyone knows that there are three different kinds of faith by which we believe different kinds of stories:

To stories of Holy Scripture we own divine faith;
To stories concerning other than religious subjects, which do not militate against common sense and which are written by trustworthy authors, we pay the tribute of human faith; whereas
To stories about holy subjects which are told by good authors and are not in the slightest degree contrary to reason, faith, or morals (even though they may sometimes deal with happenings which are above the ordinary run of events) we pay the tribute of pious faith.
I agree that we must be neither too credulous nor too critical and that we should remember that “virtue takes the middle course”—keeping a happy medium in all things in order to find just where truth and virtue lie. But on the other hand I know equally well that charity easily leads us to believe all that is not contrary to faith or morals: “Charity … believeth all things” (1 Corinthians 13:7); in the same way pride induces us to doubt even well authenticated stories on the plea that they are not to be found in the Bible.

This is one of the devil’s traps; heretics of the past who denied Tradition have fallen into it and overcritical people of today are falling into it too without even realizing it. People of this kind refuse to believe what they do not understand or what is not to their liking, simply because of their own spirit of pride and independence.
Re: Why Do Protestants Use The Rosary? by Clemzy16(m): 7:08pm On Nov 18, 2012
@op are you sure about this?! I haven't seen though. However, i think they're using the rosary for using sake and not necessarily because they believe in it. Even cultist use it these days, they also use the black beret which was meant for the church choir.
Re: Why Do Protestants Use The Rosary? by lukzy500: 7:39pm On Nov 18, 2012
Abeg ooooooooo there is sometin I don't undastand ooooo abt catholics ooooooo.wat is d meaning of Mother of God when God is a supernatural BEING that cannot be born or formed..... Abeg I need xplaination
Re: Why Do Protestants Use The Rosary? by tobechi20(m): 8:19pm On Nov 18, 2012
lukzy500: Abeg ooooooooo there is sometin I don't undastand ooooo abt catholics ooooooo.wat is d meaning of Mother of God when God is a supernatural BEING that cannot be born or formed..... Abeg I need xplaination

JESUS IS GOD

MARY IS MOTHER OF JESUS

HENCE,MARY IS MOTHER OF GOD
Re: Why Do Protestants Use The Rosary? by achi4u(m): 8:25pm On Nov 18, 2012
what is protestant?

And their works?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Don't Fool Yourself, Fake Jesus & His Blood Won't Save You / Daily Spiritual Digest: The Forbidden Fruit / Is Atheism A Belief Or Lack Of Belief

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.