Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,117 members, 7,818,336 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:06 PM

'Is It Compulsory That I Call You Every Day?' - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 'Is It Compulsory That I Call You Every Day?' (2609 Views)

Is It Compulsory That Your Friends Must Be On Your Bridal Train? / Yes! I Told Him Openly That I Like It / Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

'Is It Compulsory That I Call You Every Day?' by delegirl(f): 12:19pm On Feb 05, 2008
HI Forum

How can a guy ask his girlfriend, "is it compulsory I should be calling you everyday?" This happened to a friend of mine who is in love with a guy but there is a distance between them so anytime she call the guy he asking him why didn't you call me all this while. He'd answer and say he is very busy. He is always busy, so there is this very day that she call the guy again and as they were discussing on phone the girl was complaining that the guy did not normally call her, the answer she receive from him was that "is it compulsory I call you everyday?"

Does the guy care for her at all or what do you think, forum?
Re: 'Is It Compulsory That I Call You Every Day?' by Nobody: 12:35pm On Feb 05, 2008
He must be scared of hearing this kind of grammer
Re: 'Is It Compulsory That I Call You Every Day?' by jkpretty(f): 12:46pm On Feb 05, 2008
it meanest thou not thast the guy don't care

its just that hes teling the that gel that is yo freind that he's tired fo doin!

Not only i'm i tired of all these "my friend" threads, (who said its not ok if its u), but crowning it up with these miserable tenses is really the headache.

aisha2:

Sorry its grammar, take note
Re: 'Is It Compulsory That I Call You Every Day?' by olamijuwon(f): 1:04pm On Feb 05, 2008
You should advise your friend to totally 4get the guy because what is the essence of someone whois always busy to call her. it is just plain waste of time and emotions. gud luck to her and i hope she finds some one who will not be too busy to have her time.
Re: 'Is It Compulsory That I Call You Every Day?' by blackmann(m): 1:09pm On Feb 05, 2008
I don't know about you other members but i call my baby everyday. Someone told me i'm pampering the little lady but i see it as a way of keeping the relationship going.
Re: 'Is It Compulsory That I Call You Every Day?' by Nobody: 1:10pm On Feb 05, 2008
jkpretty:

it meanest thou not thast the guy don't care

its just that hes teling the that gel that is yo freind that he's tired fo doin!

Not only i'm i tired of all these "my friend" threads, (who said its not ok if its u), but crowning it up with these miserable tenses is really the headache.

Thanks for the correction, note taken
Re: 'Is It Compulsory That I Call You Every Day?' by Seun(m): 1:11pm On Feb 05, 2008
If you get married you will be seeing and talking to each other every day.
So why can't you call or at least send an SMS message or email every day?
Re: 'Is It Compulsory That I Call You Every Day?' by sillyboy(m): 1:13pm On Feb 05, 2008
You should advise your friend to totally forget the guy because what is the essence of someone whois always busy to call her. it is just plain waste of time and emotions. good luck to her and i hope she finds some one who will not be too busy to have her time.

The essence of wanting the bf to call her everyday, is to make sure she hears him daily, so logically, the girl will still achieve her major aim (listening to him daily) if she can call him daily. Hope you get the logic? undecided

Who says that guys are oblige to do the daily calls and not the ladies?

Pele ooo english teacher.

Don't you know that there are some errors that are pardonable in online writings? That is most likely to be a typograhical error.
Re: 'Is It Compulsory That I Call You Every Day?' by Seun(m): 1:16pm On Feb 05, 2008
He can call her once every two days and she can call him every other day. Equality achieved!
Re: 'Is It Compulsory That I Call You Every Day?' by sillyboy(m): 1:22pm On Feb 05, 2008
Seun. . . . . . abi oooo. But women thinks that man should always do everything to keep a relationship. . . . "when they are always at the driver's seat"
Re: 'Is It Compulsory That I Call You Every Day?' by Maykelly(f): 1:33pm On Feb 05, 2008
I think what the two lack was understanding. She feels like seeing the guy everyday, whereas the guy has something that always occupy his mind that made think less of her.

In my own opinion - I will say that the very best time for them to talk to each other should be at night when every work and busi should have been over.

Well, calling everyday is not bad - and such answer from the guy was totally wrong. cos' if actually he has a family - of course he must atleast find out day by day about his family, I mean call is not that expensive if you cherish what you have.
Re: 'Is It Compulsory That I Call You Every Day?' by Nobody: 1:34pm On Feb 05, 2008
This time, I'm in support of Seun.

@Delegirl: Why would he have to call on a daily basis? I'm not sure how far apart you 2 live, but surely if you're in the same country, it would make more sense to put the "daily call" money to one side, and make a trip at least once a week to visit?

Besides, whatever happened to emails? Daily calls CAN become quite expensive. And of course, if you both live in different countries, the cost of daily international calls can be staggering!

But as Seun said, if you both alternate the calls, wouldn't that make more sense? Starting a relationship with massive bills isn't the way to go. It'll only lead to resentment. Even if he calls you daily, because you insist he does so, what makes you think he's happy?
Re: 'Is It Compulsory That I Call You Every Day?' by jkpretty(f): 1:35pm On Feb 05, 2008
@ sillyboy

Sorry, I don't think i have said too much, i've just realised that its not even a typo but a common mistake. & yes o i'm an English teacher, shldn't one be proud of what she read?
Re: 'Is It Compulsory That I Call You Every Day?' by olamijuwon(f): 1:48pm On Feb 05, 2008
silly boy, i get your logic but my point is that it seems that the guy does not want anything to do with the girl. period
Re: 'Is It Compulsory That I Call You Every Day?' by zignor(m): 1:58pm On Feb 05, 2008
it compulsory I should be calling you everyday
grin

Very good question undecided

And very soon she'll say that mugu don fall tongue
Re: 'Is It Compulsory That I Call You Every Day?' by NEHEMS: 2:34pm On Feb 05, 2008
[color=#770077]TO BE SINCERED THE GUY IS NOT SERIOUSE AT ALL. FOR ME I CALLED MY GIRL ALMOST EVERYDAY. BECOUSE HER VOICE ALONE ALWAYS MAKES ME FILL HER PRESENT.THOUGT SHE IS VERY FAR AWAY FROM ME NOW BUT WE STLL LOVE EACH OTHER. THANK GOD FOR MOBIL PHONE[/color][color=#990000][/color]
Re: 'Is It Compulsory That I Call You Every Day?' by sillyboy(m): 3:38pm On Feb 05, 2008
@ jkpretty.

Believe me I wasn't trying to get at you. It's good that you teach english, we actually need one english teacher on nairaland.

@ olamijuwon

Thanks for taking your time and reasoning for understanding my logic. I also do understand your reasoning too, but i don't seems to agree. My guess is that the so called girlfriend nags like sh*t and that pisses guys off(well, pisses me at least am sure)

@NEHEMS

TO BE SINCERED THE GUY IS NOT SERIOUSE AT ALL. FOR ME I CALLED MY GIRL ALMOST EVERYDAY. BECOUSE HER VOICE ALONE ALWAYS MAKES ME FILL HER PRESENT.THOUGT SHE IS VERY FAR AWAY FROM ME NOW BUT WE STLL LOVE EACH OTHER. THANK GOD FOR MOBIL PHONE[/

Your grammar and use of tenses are bad bro (jkpretty abi now, since u be english teacher) Just feel i should let you know before a woman points it out to you bro.

Moreover, calling a girl all the time makes a guy "wussy". Some good "tapping" girls wouldn't like that I bet. It will just look as if you are "chewing gumming" them. So stop calling her.
Re: 'Is It Compulsory That I Call You Every Day?' by jkpretty(f): 4:03pm On Feb 05, 2008
@Silly I read English tho but not teaching. I no be teesha grin, although i've taught it b4, its actually not bad.

But hey i actually don't go fishing out people's errors, i simply just prefer laughing in front of my Computer. To correct--- i'll mostly leave that to someone else "on nairaland" smiley
Re: 'Is It Compulsory That I Call You Every Day?' by sillyboy(m): 4:21pm On Feb 05, 2008
@ jkpretty.

Okay oooo. . . . . . bad samaritan
Re: 'Is It Compulsory That I Call You Every Day?' by Bestglo(f): 4:39pm On Feb 05, 2008
for goodness sake,we are not here to lecture or teach english language
the fact is that wether the english is good or bad,we all understand what this girl has said or trying to say
i see no reason why we shouldn't advice her as such or better still,simply move away from the thread
what is all the argument about her use of english? angry angry angry

@ poster,
it is not compulsory he calls everyday but atleast,calling every other day will do
Re: 'Is It Compulsory That I Call You Every Day?' by Nobody: 4:50pm On Feb 05, 2008
is it safe to say women easily get used to a certain way of life? dude prolly used to call her everyday and she wants it to remain that way.

o girl , if u or ur friend no like say the guy no dey call everyday then make she or urself end am. im sure the guy wants it to end anyways.
Re: 'Is It Compulsory That I Call You Every Day?' by Faitymine(m): 5:47pm On Feb 05, 2008
Haba, is not compulsory he must to call everyday, a flash or text message can as well be considered.
Re: 'Is It Compulsory That I Call You Every Day?' by preciousk(f): 7:05pm On Feb 05, 2008
u see, sometimes u have to understand this guys, it might not be as a result of lack of love by the guy, it might be his nature of doing thing. it is now left for the lady to try and understand him better. so take ur time to no ur guy better. dont base his love on calling alone, think of other things that best define love.
Re: 'Is It Compulsory That I Call You Every Day?' by adeboo(f): 8:07pm On Feb 05, 2008
Personally, if i was dating someone, i would really like to hear from them all the time.
Maybe by phonecall or by text.

Its just that its a way of knowing that he is thinking of me.
Re: 'Is It Compulsory That I Call You Every Day?' by woodboi(m): 6:01am On Feb 06, 2008
it something i will love doing as long as long as i know what she thinks of me,but this days if you try calling a girl everyday she will surely make a fool out of you.

(1) (Reply)

Made Up Or Natural? / Did She Delete Her Number From My Phone? / He Is Not A Graduate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.