Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,518 members, 7,826,953 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:37 AM

Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? (27521 Views)

This Are The Healthy Ways To Wash Your Vag!na And What To Avoid / Guys, Can You Wash Your Girlfriend's Clothes? / Can You Wash Your Girlfriend's Panties ? Please Say The Truth !!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? by ginky: 9:40pm On Dec 31, 2009
I know the males would say am being disrespectful but am just asking a sincere question. I have come across threads where people like, among others find it insulting for a man to carry a woman's bag or to help with doing the dishes. So, like I said earlier on,my question is honest. I don't mean to offend anyone or group of people. This question is mostly for the ladies. Please, be honest, IS IT A MUST TO WASH YOUR HUSBAND'S OR YOUR BOYFRIENDS CLOTHES?
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? by Nobody: 9:43pm On Dec 31, 2009
Hmmmm trick question. For a boyfriend, no way. For the husband well we will be sharing the house work anyway so yes I could do that grin.
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? by Mannylex(m): 10:01pm On Dec 31, 2009
Yes, if u don't who would, his mum? provided the children are still 2 young, it's madam's work aight.
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? by ginky: 10:39pm On Dec 31, 2009
@mannylex-you say it like its a must do affair. I have come across guys on NL that have big ego's and most of them feel a woman should do everything for them but just can't carryout a request by their ladies without having to whin about it to everyone on nairaland. To be honest,I don't think it's a must. I am not saying a lady shouldn't do it attimes oh. Most men are very disrespectful,the moment you start,they treat you like a slave. Believe me, I have seen it happen, though not to me.
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? by kokoA(m): 10:58pm On Dec 31, 2009
Ladies of these days never cease to amaze me.lol

Dem no born am well make she no wash my cloth.

1 Like

Re: Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? by safeact(m): 11:05pm On Dec 31, 2009
I dnt think that this has 2b debated miss! Not just wash bt straighten them as well. U gals must do works r: preparing serving my meal, washin my clothes n d children own, good house keeping etc be warn 4ur own good! Hv u 4gttn,b4 we married u, u use 2ask,honey, swtie, , wat can i prepare 4u, where r ur dirty clothes so that i can wash them? Now,u r asking if those r rly ur work? May God help us.
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? by chiogo(f): 11:09pm On Dec 31, 2009
safeact:

I dnt think that this has 2b debated miss! Not just wash bt straighten them as well. U gals must do works r: preparing serving my meal, washin my clothes n d children own, good house keeping etc be warn 4ur own good! Hv u 4gttn,b4 we married u, u use 2ask,honey, swtie, , wat can i prepare 4u, where r your dirty clothes so that i can wash them? Now,u r asking if those r rly your work? May God help us.     
If to say it's not almost New Year ehn. . . . .rubbish!!

@topic, It's not compulsory, whatever works for you.
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? by redsky1: 11:11pm On Dec 31, 2009
if its with a washing machine no problem - is it not putting his clothes in the machine and then wash. if it is with my hands then pigs will be flying b4 that happens - do i wash my own with hand let alone his own. ha ha very funny

1 Like

Re: Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? by ginky: 11:22pm On Dec 31, 2009
@safeact,you're talking like a #*%&*. Who used to ask her man if she should wash his dirty clothes and all that rubbish that came out of that your tube I mean your mouth? Maybe your confusing me for your gf. Just relax ok,I don't want your head to continue touching as the new year almost begins.
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? by safeact(m): 11:30pm On Dec 31, 2009
@chiogo, if not because nwyr, u would v slapped me? Abi. Y r u gals nt in d church sef? Let me get u and poster there with these ur topic! Happy new yr shaa. Lol
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? by freecocoa(f): 11:37pm On Dec 31, 2009
@safeact,so a girl shld turn 2 ur slave cos she's married 2 u,@ poster,boyfrnd is optional dats if i feel lyk,husband i tink its my duty as a gud wife.dat dsnt min he wnt share in d house chores sha.
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? by safeact(m): 11:55pm On Dec 31, 2009
@freecocoa,nw u no its ur duty? Løok,d man is meant 2b tired after d day's work! Him coming 2start doing all those domestic works again is not accepted even in d bible. Nobody is saying, d wife shld b a slave. Look, if d gal is good, we no when to come in!
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? by coolier(f): 12:30am On Jan 01, 2010
Mannylex:

it's madam's work aight.

In what century are you? We are in the 21st century.
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? by Kunbee: 1:27am On Jan 01, 2010
No sad
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? by ginky: 1:45am On Jan 01, 2010
@safeact - what's your angle? Is it that your wife would be a housewife so she won't have to work also? It's as if you're still confused.
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? by Nobody: 2:11am On Jan 01, 2010
@ poster,
if he insist please do it 'cus i had a close cousin who lost her fiancee 2 months to their wedding because of this same issue. it wont cost you anything to do your husband's laundry, would it?

Ebonyeyes:

Hmmmm trick question. For a boyfriend, no way. For the husband well we will be sharing the house work anyway so yes I could do that grin.

Hope you are joking about sharing the house chores with your husband? now i can now see why marraiges of nowadays end up in early divorce unlike the days of our parents. Well i trust you can't try such with an ibo, hausa or south-south man. trust me i know what i am talking about.
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? by H2O2: 2:19am On Jan 01, 2010
talknafree:

@ poster,
if hw insist please do it 'cus i had a close cousin who lost her fiancee 2 months to their wedding because of this same issue. it wont cost you anything to do your husband's laundry, would it?

Hope you are joking about sharing the house chores with your husband? now i can now see why marraiges of nowadays end up in early divorces unlike the days of our parents. Well i trust you can't try such with an ibo, hausa or south-south man. trust me i know i am talking about.
kiss kiss kiss
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? by ima1(f): 2:26am On Jan 01, 2010
its not compulsory, i do my hubby's laundry rarely, like when i wanna be extra nice bcoz he wants his clothes washed a certain way and i don't have time to remember how he wants every single thing done, and moreover its just sticking the clothes in the washing machine, so he does his laundry and i do mine.

if the man has been washing his clothes b4 he met his wife/gf, wats the big deal doing it himself.
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? by H2O2: 2:36am On Jan 01, 2010
no. would be nice if she does though tongue
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? by dammit4u(m): 8:01am On Jan 01, 2010
@poster do u know wat it takes 2 be a GOOD WIFE, a CARING nd LOVING MOTHER?
If u do, u won't be asking such question,
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? by ginky: 8:15am On Jan 01, 2010
@dammit-it's not by washing a man's clothes that a woman is considered all that. It's not like I said I would never do it. If his ego is too much,I would let his ego do the washing.
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? by LordReed(m): 8:21am On Jan 01, 2010
^^^LWKM.

But cmon ladies u do laundry beta dan us guys just as u do cooking to so let us focus on our strengths rite?
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? by safeact(m): 8:22am On Jan 01, 2010
@confuse abt wat? Ok, u r d making me 2b cönfuse! Dnt ever ask dis qtn 2d hearing of ur bf. Dnt b a nagging lady. We wl undrstnd wen u r stressed up in d house so that we wil compel u 2do it that day, bt nxt day. Just no it wil b there 4u until wen u r fully ok 2cöntinue d house work 4rm whr u stopped! , hahaha, u signed 4it! aint u? So rlax n stop ask if 1st jan is d beginin of a new yr! Welcom 2 our world. No quarel, u r my frnd u no?
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? by ginky: 8:52am On Jan 01, 2010
Safeact, am thankful that it's not every man that think's like you. If you like,be expecting everything from her.Maybe later,you tell her to always prostrate whenever she sees you. I said you are confused because of the previous posts and threads you have been creating.
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? by adagz01(m): 8:53am On Jan 01, 2010
i cant believe the ladies are saying they cant wash, for ur information its ur DUTY as a wiffy
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? by hbabe(f): 9:56am On Jan 01, 2010
Its the wife's duty to ensure the husband's clothes get washed.
How she goes about this is entirely her business; she may tell the man to wash his own clothes, use their washing machine, use her hands, get someone else to do it. As long as the washing gets done, its part of the package that comes with being a wife.
I will not do this for a bf but will gladly do it for my husband, infact I will derive pleasure from it.
This is my opinion and my plan for when I get married.
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? by Mannylex(m): 10:23am On Jan 01, 2010
@hbabe, tell 'em baby, tell 'em. Your maturity never ceases to amaze me, ur pragmatic responses are wonderful. Your hubby will enjoy in every ramification(u know what I mean na). @coolier, am not in the 21st century, i'm in the 956BC, don't make me start this new year on a bad note, can't you give ur responses without asking obnoxious questions. @poster, I love treating ladies well, cos I grew amongst ladies, so I know their feelings, so a washing machine will be there in the house, but on the basis off there not being a washing machine, my wifey just has to do it, take for instance ur friend/husband's friend/ur mother/father/in-law/pastor comes to visit then meets u in the parlour watching TV and then asks of ur hubby, how will u feel when you say he's washing his clothes, i'm sure if this case should arise, u may even end up saying he's resting, justifying the fact that it ain't right. (Quod erat demostrandum). Not withstanding, I would definitely assist my wife in house chores, and also in the kitchen, (am a very good cook). My view of this topic is limited to husband and wife not boyfriend and girlfriend(I won't let my girlfriend wash my clothes, even if she tells me she wants to do it)
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? by adagz01(m): 10:50am On Jan 01, 2010
@hbabe,u are the african queen we are talking about,wife material,u just lively up my new year.2010 gbosa for uuuuuuuuuu.
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? by DakANGEL(f): 10:51am On Jan 01, 2010
its not compulsory to wash his clothes but you can be doing that for the love you have for him.
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? by chika98: 11:07am On Jan 01, 2010
No it isn't but it doesn't mean I wont do his laundry at times. It also doesn't mean that he won't do his own laundry. Some men are picky about how they want their clothes done and also ironed. Some men rather wash your own clothes and iron them for you!
House chores aren't meant to be shared but does go a long way when the man helps out often.

Who does laundry and who doesn't has got nothing to do with being a good spouse. People can be so fickle minded! There are other things that are more important than cloth washing.
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? by ginky: 11:26am On Jan 01, 2010
@chika98-you are so right. This is the kind of response I've been longing to hear.
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? by safeact(m): 11:28am On Jan 01, 2010
@poster,my threads can cönfuse me, u no? Thank im nt d önly persön kicking against it. Though, u r good gal bt u no wat? Some shallow minded ladies might take it serious, so we v 2shout now 4their own good! @hbabe, v nt seen u 4 a while now,op d xtmas celebration does not want 2deprive us of ur potentials? I v always said it that u r d diamond in here! Pls Nls, permit me 2say that i v fallen 4dis chick, i just hope she is stl a virgin! Hahaha. Dnt mind me jare. My heart breaths 4u! @dman, so u follow me d feel hbabe? Dnt drag her with me, u no u r my frnd? Looo, ol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Can You Surgically Kill Your Sexual Urge To Please Your Partner? / Nigerian Men Abroad Prefer Marrying From Home? - Why? / How Do I Change This My Mindset About Men?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.