Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,265 members, 7,829,540 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:39 AM

Is It A Sin To Kill In Self Defense? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It A Sin To Kill In Self Defense? (8009 Views)

Is It A Sin To Style A Haircut? / I KILL In The ARMY; Is It A SIN? / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It A Sin To Kill In Self Defense? by Nobody: 11:10am On Nov 16, 2012
ijawkid:

Hahahahaha......

Serialink you don kill me finish with laugh.....cheiiiii....

So if to say you be stephen you for carry ya own stone,stone those guys wey being come to stone am.........

Lmao.....

Brah, I for try to live o! We for battle am sha grin
Re: Is It A Sin To Kill In Self Defense? by pure123: 11:12am On Nov 16, 2012
[quote author=Agiliti]is it a sin to let someone kill you if you can defend yourself?

Ajiliti : u will not die young u av answer d question (although with another question)
Re: Is It A Sin To Kill In Self Defense? by ijawkid(m): 11:24am On Nov 16, 2012
seriallink:

Brah, I for try to live o! We for battle am sha grin

Lol.....

Lol.........

You for fight like say tomorrow no dey...

1 Like

Re: Is It A Sin To Kill In Self Defense? by UjSizzle(f): 11:27am On Nov 16, 2012
Lxgking: nt really, dos present were my fellow workers, nd dey shared d pains(i meant dey shared d laffta) nd dey were all christains by d way....nd dey gave me many useless ad..sry, many useful advice lk d one we re giving 2 dis bro here....nd re u saying dat u av dis....special gift? Nd am nt gud at makin trouble.
I'd never laff at a person in pain, buh i guess it's possible to laff at the absurdity of the situation.
Out of curiosity, how did u even get cement in there?
Re: Is It A Sin To Kill In Self Defense? by Okijajuju1(m): 11:27am On Nov 16, 2012
Re: Is It A Sin To Kill In Self Defense? by Okijajuju1(m): 11:30am On Nov 16, 2012
Re: Is It A Sin To Kill In Self Defense? by Gabrielsylar(m): 11:30am On Nov 16, 2012
It is a sin because u have other alternative to defend urself e.g bite cyanide or jump from a high building or better still kill urself quickly mchewwwwwwww I think the bigger sin is to ask stupid questions
Re: Is It A Sin To Kill In Self Defense? by guvna(m): 11:33am On Nov 16, 2012
Agiliti: is it a sin to let someone kill you if you can defend yourself?
Solid answer!
Re: Is It A Sin To Kill In Self Defense? by Nobody: 11:35am On Nov 16, 2012
Nah, Sorry, You try to kill me, I manage to get my hands on a revolver. You aint staying alive the next minute.
Re: Is It A Sin To Kill In Self Defense? by Okijajuju1(m): 11:38am On Nov 16, 2012
If Jesus tries to come into my house like a thief in the night, Then best believe that I would shoot his arse like a Nigga with a gun.. angry

If Jesus tries to take my life, Imma stab him to death.. Self defense has nothing to do with religion, its simply human survival instinct..

2 Likes

Re: Is It A Sin To Kill In Self Defense? by dilbert100: 11:46am On Nov 16, 2012
no sin.
Re: Is It A Sin To Kill In Self Defense? by princemedico: 11:46am On Nov 16, 2012
seriallink:

Or make hin hug transformer grin just dey disturb me with wetin hin nor fit change! He should have let the man killed him na!Smh#
Do you mean this....

Re: Is It A Sin To Kill In Self Defense? by Vide(m): 11:53am On Nov 16, 2012
Hey Op! Killing in self defence is no premeditated killing. All through the scriptures u ve instances where God gives his people charge over their enemies. I try to empathise with your friend who is not "murderer", so it's normal to feel some level of guilt taking another's life.
However, it is only God who sees the heart and judges the intentions of men. Please encourage your friend not to commit the greatest sin of all. "The Sin of Judas". - It grieves the Holy Spirit. By refusing to believe that the Love of God for us is greater than all of our actions put together.
I pray @ this moment that may almighty God grant your friend the needed grace to overcome this guilty speedily. That the intention of the devil to make him/her think such action is sinful is a lie from the pit of hell and the LOVE of Jesus christ has exposed and disgrace such false guilt from Satan. In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth. Amen!

2 Likes

Re: Is It A Sin To Kill In Self Defense? by Nobody: 11:57am On Nov 16, 2012
plug my earpiece...MUSIK LOADING... omo u don make me fall in love
Re: Is It A Sin To Kill In Self Defense? by JaaizTech: 12:05pm On Nov 16, 2012
The Muslim is obliged to defend himself and his family from any aggressor. He should ward him off with the slightest means, but if the assailant cannot be warded off except by killing, then it is permissible for the one who is being attacked to kill him, and he is not subject to retaliation (qisaas) and he does not have to pay any blood money (diyah) or offer any expiation (kafaarah), because sharee’ah has given him permission to kill in this case, and the slain aggressor is threatened with Hell, whereas the victim of aggression, if he is killed, is a martyr (shaheed) in sha Allaah. It makes no difference whether the aggressor is a Muslim or a kaafir (non-muslim).

It was narrated that Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: A man came to the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and said: O Messenger of Allaah, what do you think if a man comes wanting to take my property? He said: “Do not give him your property.” He said: What if he fights me? He said: “Fight him.” He said: What if he kills me? He said: “Then you will be a martyr.” He said: What if I kill him? He said: “He will be in Hell.” Narrated by Muslim (140).

It was narrated that Sa’eed ibn Zayd (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The one who is killed defending his wealth is a martyr, the one who is killed defending his family is a martyr, the one who is killed defending his religion is a martyr, and the one who is killed defending his life is a martyr.” Narrated by al-Tirmidhi (1421), al-Nasaa’i (4095), Abu Dawood (4772); classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Irwa’ al-Ghaleel (708).
Re: Is It A Sin To Kill In Self Defense? by neophyte007(m): 12:16pm On Nov 16, 2012
The bible says that *thou shalt not kill*, period.
Re: Is It A Sin To Kill In Self Defense? by Nobody: 12:22pm On Nov 16, 2012
Catholic church teaches that you can go any length in defending your life. But once you have disabled the attacker or he is at your mercy,you should not go ahead to take the person's life. Rather,at that point in time resort to a lawful course.
Re: Is It A Sin To Kill In Self Defense? by advocate666: 12:28pm On Nov 16, 2012
obadiah777: AHHH BUT YOU SHOULD KNOW THAT THE BIBLE IS WRITTEN IN PARABLES AND HIDDEN WORDS. PSALMS 78 I will open my mouth in parables, I will utter hidden things <<<< HOW THE BIBLE IS WRITTEN. PARABOLIC. THAT STATEMENT IS NOT A LITERAL STATEMENT. YOU SHOULD NOT TURN THE OTHER CHEEK LITERALLY IF SOMEONE IS SLAPPING YOU. THAT VERSE YOU QUOTED IS A EUPHEMISM FOR 'LONG-SUFFERING'. ITS A HIDDEN WAY OF TELLING YOU THAT YOU SHOULD BE LONG-SUFFERING. ITS NOT A LITERAL VERSE.

Buzugee, I'm disappointed by your explanation. You of all persons should know that your god uses evil to achieve his means. When he sends an evil person to kill you, your resistant will be contrary to his will. That is why he told you guys not to defend yourselves against an evil person. There is no parable there. He meant what he said.
Re: Is It A Sin To Kill In Self Defense? by Nobody: 1:03pm On Nov 16, 2012
advocate666:

Buzugee, I'm disappointed by your explanation. You of all persons should know that your god uses evil to achieve his means. When he sends an evil person to kill you, your resistant will be contrary to his will. That is why he told you guys not to defend yourselves against an evil person. There is no parable there. He meant what he said.
LOL. GOD DOES NOT ACTUALLY SEND EVIL PEOPLE TO KILL YOU. HE JUST REMOVES HIS PROTECTION FROM YOU. AND THEN YOU HAVE A BULLSEYE ON YOU. AND ITS ONLY A MATTER OF TIME BEFORE YOU GET KILLED AFTER THAT BY PEOPLE WITH EVIL SPIRITS ( WHICH HE IS THE ONE WHO MAKES SOME PEOPLE WITH STRONG EVIL SPIRITS AS A WEAPON OF REVENGE ). EVIL SPIRITS CAN SNIFF OUT PEOPLE WITHOUT THE LORDS PROTECTION. THATS HOW THE LORD DESIGNED IT. SO IN A CASE LIKE THAT YOU CAN TRY TO FIGHT OFF THE EVIL PERSON BUT IF IT IS IN YOUR DESTINY TO RECIEVE RECOMPENSE FOR SOME TERRIBLE DEED THAT YOU DID IN THE PAST, THEN YOU WILL NOT PREVAIL AGAINST THE EVIL PERSON.

SATAN PROWLS ALL OVER THE EARTH SEEKING WHO TO DEVOUR <<<< THATS WHAT THAT MEANS. HE DEVOURS THOSE WHOM THE LORD HAS REMOVED HIS PROTECTION FROM. SATAN IS A VAGABOND WHO GOES UP AND DOWN THE EARTH. HE HAS AUTHORITY FROM GOD TO DO WHAT HE DOES.
Re: Is It A Sin To Kill In Self Defense? by Nobody: 1:11pm On Nov 16, 2012
This only shows that your friend has a good heart. No one with a good heart would not feel bad for taking another man's life even when you know in your head that it was justified. If I feel ordinary chicken I feel bad. So just keep reasuring him that God understands why he had to do it and even if he still feels its a sin he should go ahead and ask God for forgiveness if that will calm his spirit. Even people that kill on purpose are forgiven by God when they truly repent how much more him.

1 Like

Re: Is It A Sin To Kill In Self Defense? by DeGenius3(m): 1:14pm On Nov 16, 2012

LOL
Re: Is It A Sin To Kill In Self Defense? by DOnly1(m): 1:38pm On Nov 16, 2012
obadiah777: if you look at the actual hebrew word for that commandment, it is mistranslated. this is one of the few mistranslations in the KJV. the original hebrew actually translates to ' THOU SHALL NOT MURDER'. meaning you can kill in self defense. however you cant murder someone. so it depends on if your friend instigated the whole thing. if he was protecting himself, then he has committed no sin
Refences pleeease
Re: Is It A Sin To Kill In Self Defense? by Nobody: 2:13pm On Nov 16, 2012
D_Only_1:
Refences pleeease
MY BROTHERS WHO HAVE THE HEBREW BIBLE AND WHO SPEAK HEBREW ARE NOT HERE WITH ME BUT HERE IS A BIBLE THAT HAS CORRECTED ITSELF http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Exodus+20%3A13&version=NIV
Re: Is It A Sin To Kill In Self Defense? by aadetoyin(f): 2:53pm On Nov 16, 2012
I don't think its a sin. It was not intentional its pure survival instinct. If ur friend dint kill the person, ur friend would be dead now so he should look at the brighter side.

He should also speak to his pastor or Imam as the case may be for counseling
Re: Is It A Sin To Kill In Self Defense? by OILOFGLADNESS: 4:06pm On Nov 16, 2012
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHYAHAAAAAAAAAAAAA,M HEY! NAIARLANDERS UNA NO GO KILL MEOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Re: Is It A Sin To Kill In Self Defense? by seyibrown(f): 4:20pm On Nov 16, 2012
D_Only_1:
Refences pleeease

See Exodus, Leviticus and Deutoronomy. You will find that the punishment for pre-meditated killing (murder) is death, while a place of safety (cities set aside) is assigned for those who kill without pre-meditation (manslaughter) for protection from the anger of aggrieved relatives of the dead. You may find the laws that apply to Killing in self-defence in these books as well.
Re: Is It A Sin To Kill In Self Defense? by tribalism(m): 4:51pm On Nov 16, 2012
Is it a sin to let someone kill you if you can kill him first?
Re: Is It A Sin To Kill In Self Defense? by urleryincker(m): 5:41pm On Nov 16, 2012
To kill in SELF DEFFENCE is not in any wise SIN,because can a SOLDIER keep on folding his/her arms when presently on the battle field?, actually no.
Re: Is It A Sin To Kill In Self Defense? by odehaj: 5:43pm On Nov 16, 2012
Hamas deliberately targets our children, and they deliberately place their rockets next to their children.
We are going to continue hitting #Hamas hard and we will continue to strike hard at the missiles targeted at Central and Southern Israel~Netanyahu(Israeli PM)
Re: Is It A Sin To Kill In Self Defense? by pastormustwacc: 12:35am On Nov 17, 2012
tribalism:
Is it a sin to let someone kill you if you can kill him first?
Yes, that is a mortal sin - ask the catholics to explain that one.

centje: Catholic church teaches that you can go any length in defending your life. But once you have disabled the attacker or he is at your mercy,you should not go ahead to take the person's life. Rather,at that point in time resort to a lawful course.
Are you aware that you can kill someone in seconds with the right defensive martial art techniques in the wrong place. Th human body is more delicate than most people think - except people that are trained to kill, or those that understand the human body with great details.
Re: Is It A Sin To Kill In Self Defense? by ayobase(m): 11:11am On Nov 17, 2012
This Okija guy no well at all!
Re: Is It A Sin To Kill In Self Defense? by Nobody: 1:01pm On Nov 17, 2012
pastormustwacc:
Yes, that is a mortal sin - ask the catholics to explain that one.

Are you aware that you can kill someone in seconds with the right defensive martial art techniques in the wrong place. Th human body is more delicate than most people think - except people that are trained to kill, or those that understand the human body with great details.
yeah,i agree with you. Just like i posted earlier,if defence of your life or even that of another person you kill or eliminate the threat its no sin. Buh when the person is already at your mercy,dnt go ahead to kill. For instance,an armed robber is helpless and broken b4 you,what you shuld do is to tie him up and call the police. You shuldnt go ahead to take his life.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

"I'd Be A Christian If It Were Not For The Christians!" / What Was The Forbidden Fruit? / How I Got Cheap Miracles, Without Fasting.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.