Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,920 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:12 AM

Lets Have Your Questions For Mr President - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lets Have Your Questions For Mr President (7154 Views)

Mammoth Crowd Waiting For Mr President In Kano / What Are Your Questions For The Presidential Media Chat On Sunday? / Facebook Page Created For Mr. Ukeoma Ikechukwu: He Is Missing In Bauchi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lets Have Your Questions For Mr President by Nobody: 6:28am On Nov 17, 2012
In view of the upcoming Presidential media chat, I call on RESPONSIBLE and PATRIOTIC Nigerians to post the questions that bother them most on this thread. I plead that we should ask thought provoking and HARD questions that will help the leaders of this great country, including our dear President, move this country forward. Let our questions lead to chains of events that will add to our GDP
Re: Lets Have Your Questions For Mr President by Nobody: 6:37am On Nov 17, 2012
My first question for our dear president is on the fight against corruption and SPECIFICALLY on why the police or EFCC has not commenced the prosecution of Honourable Farouk Lawan for bribery.

1 Like

Re: Lets Have Your Questions For Mr President by Nobody: 6:40am On Nov 17, 2012
If we can make our questions as SPECIFIC as possible, the better
Re: Lets Have Your Questions For Mr President by Engineer96(m): 6:40am On Nov 17, 2012
Mr President,
power supply has become nothing to write home about since the exit of Prof. Nnaji.
What are you doing to improve the situation?

4 Likes

Re: Lets Have Your Questions For Mr President by Nobody: 6:48am On Nov 17, 2012
Another question still on fight against corruption:
Mr president please prosecution of cases of corruption takes like forever in this country. The current CJN said she will consider assigning some select judges to try corruption cases ONLY but since her assumption of office NOTHING has been heard in this regard. Mr President, what can you do to hasten the prosecution of cases of corruption considering the fact that corruption is one of the big MONSTERS that is CRIPPLING our country?

2 Likes

Re: Lets Have Your Questions For Mr President by Nobody: 7:00am On Nov 17, 2012
Mr President, we appreciate the fact that the last YOUWIN awardees were chosen STRICTLY on merit. But unfortunately this selection based on MERIT is yet to trickle down because as we speak recruitments into the public service is still based on WHO YOU KNOW and riddled with corruption.
Mr president, what are you doing to make sure recruitments into the various MDA is based on merit?
Re: Lets Have Your Questions For Mr President by Nobody: 7:07am On Nov 17, 2012
Mr President, we appreciate the revolution going on currently in the rail sector. We also heard the govt recently awarded contract for feasibility studies/consultancy on fast rail network connecting the southwest and the east. Considering the volume of traffic between these two regions, when do we expect ground breaking and ACTUAL construction work to commence?

2 Likes

Re: Lets Have Your Questions For Mr President by takedat(m): 7:15am On Nov 17, 2012
Will you be forwarding the questions to Okupe or Abati? How are we expected to ask questions when calls wont be put through? Do you think GEJ have answers to the above questions? He will simply tell you he doesn't give a damn!

6 Likes

Re: Lets Have Your Questions For Mr President by Nobody: 7:16am On Nov 17, 2012
Mr president we appreciate the work you have done so far in the power sector. But in the light of the rumoured cancellation of the Manitoba contract for the management of the TCN, what is the present status of that contract? If it has been cancelled, what plans do you have for the TCN? The winners of the various privatised distribution and generation companies are afraid that what happened to Manitoba may some day happen to them. Mr president, what reassurance do you have for them?
Re: Lets Have Your Questions For Mr President by Nobody: 7:24am On Nov 17, 2012
take dat: Will you be forwarding the questions to Okupe or Abati? How are we expected to ask questions when calls will be put through? Do you think GEJ have answers to the above questions? He will simply tell you he doesn't give a damn!
I dont think we should TRIVIALIZE this thread or be SARCASTIC about it.
The journalists that will be there live to ask him questions will definitely come to this thread and pick some questions. More over the numerous aides of the president will also go through these questions and bring them to the notice of the president in future. This is a democracy, we should use the privillege of FREE speech and every opportunity to have an audience with the president POSITIVELY and to the FULLEST. The issue of calls not going thru at every presidential media chat can also form a question for the president and his aides

2 Likes

Re: Lets Have Your Questions For Mr President by Nobody: 7:27am On Nov 17, 2012
I expect SENSIBLE questions to pour-in in TORRENTS
Re: Lets Have Your Questions For Mr President by takedat(m): 7:33am On Nov 17, 2012
Sincere 9gerian:
I dont think we should TRIVIALIZE this thread or be SARCASTIC about it.
The journalists that will be there live to ask him questions will definitely come to this thread and pick some questions. More over the numerous aides of the president will also go through these questions and bring them to the notice of the president in future. This is a democracy, we should use the privillege of FREE speech and every opportunity to have an audience with the president POSITIVELY and to the FULLEST. The issue of calls not going thru at every presidential media chat can also form a question for the president and his aides
I didn't know you are the media consultant to the President on NL affairs.

3 Likes

Re: Lets Have Your Questions For Mr President by Nobody: 7:36am On Nov 17, 2012
Mr president, on the EDUCATION sector:
1) Besides building of physical structures, what are you doing to STAMP OUT the very high level of indiscipline among teachers and lecturers?
2) All over the world, teaching is a professional job but in Nigeria we see an abnormal situation where Youth Corp members are used as ad-hoc teachers consistently. Mr President, what can be done or what are you doing to stop this abnormality?

1 Like

Re: Lets Have Your Questions For Mr President by Nobody: 7:41am On Nov 17, 2012
take dat: I didn't know you are the media consultant to the President on NL affairs.
If i'm the media consultant to the president I wont be asking my questions online like every other person. These questions prick my conscience daily and I will jump at any opportunity to put them out to either Mr president or his aides. But why are you trying to derail this thread? Pls stop now. Thank you

1 Like

Re: Lets Have Your Questions For Mr President by Nobody: 7:43am On Nov 17, 2012
Moderator pls we need this thread on front page pls! I beg you!!!
Re: Lets Have Your Questions For Mr President by aare07(m): 7:59am On Nov 17, 2012
Stop fooling us, would our questions reach JONATHAN..
IF SO,WHAT IS THE LEVEL OF RELATIONSHIP WITH MINISTER OF INFORMATION, SSAs to mr. President.
if you cannot provide good answer ,stop fooling or using our staying here for advert.............

3 Likes

Re: Lets Have Your Questions For Mr President by nifemi01(m): 8:13am On Nov 17, 2012
What d hell is going on with the farouk-otedola issue?

1 Like

Re: Lets Have Your Questions For Mr President by Nobody: 8:20am On Nov 17, 2012
In Agriculture, the current policy of distribution of fertilizer using mobile phones has worked well in some part of the country but some farmers, particularly in parts of the north, have cried out against the policy. Mr President, has this been brought to your notice and what is being done about it?
Re: Lets Have Your Questions For Mr President by Nobody: 8:28am On Nov 17, 2012
In Agriculture, the Cassava bread policy failed under OBJ. Now that your administration is re-starting the policy again, what has been put in place to make sure it doesn't fail again? How come almost a year after commencement of the policy, the cassava bread has been seen in only in Lagos and Abuja?
Re: Lets Have Your Questions For Mr President by Nobody: 8:33am On Nov 17, 2012
For the purpose of the ongoing constitution review, do you support the clamour for autonomy of the local govt in terms of democratic governance, security of tenure and direct funding from the federation account?

1 Like

Re: Lets Have Your Questions For Mr President by Nobody: 8:42am On Nov 17, 2012
Mr president, your govt has since inception set up several committees and some of these committees have turned in very important recommendations. But most times after these committees submit their report and govt set up white paper drafting panel, NOTHING is heard again. Specifically, the Police reforms and Steve Oronsaye civil service rationalisation committee reports have remained in limbo since the white paper drafting panel was set up. Why is your govt reluctant to implement recommendations of these committees?

1 Like

Re: Lets Have Your Questions For Mr President by Nobody: 8:46am On Nov 17, 2012
Mr President, should Nigerians expect uninterrupted POWER SUPPLY before the end of your current tenure in 2015?

1 Like

Re: Lets Have Your Questions For Mr President by Nobody: 9:04am On Nov 17, 2012
On our dilapidated federal roads:
1) Mr president, we are aware of the ongoing "operation safe passage" by the federal ministry of works and FERMA but besides patching of roads, what long term strategy does your govt have to keep the federal highways in good condition all year round?
2) the concessionare on the Lagos- Ibadan Expressway has been on the road for over 3yrs without doing much. Do you still have confidence in the ability of the concessionaire to deliver the road and on time?
3) besides patching of the Enugu- Portharcourt expressway, what plans does your govt have to fully reconstruct the road
Re: Lets Have Your Questions For Mr President by Nobody: 9:23am On Nov 17, 2012
How many shoes do you have now? Why have you taken ours and continue to make lives unliveable for the citizens?

2 Likes

Re: Lets Have Your Questions For Mr President by 2busy: 9:29am On Nov 17, 2012
I would like to ask the president:
1)why should public officials (ministers, senators, perm sec, president etc) go for health care abroad, when we have our own general hospitals?
2)Why should thier children school abroad when we have our own public schools?
3)Can Education, Power and Health sector be reformed when Government officials dont have trust/believe in our own facilities?
There should be a law in place for any public official(including the president and their relatives and children) who want to serve Nigeria not travel abroad for health care, education etc. and a law for them to use the roads when traveling for govrernment functions...to experience what the masses are experiencing on Nigeria roads..122nd worst in the world.

4 Likes

Re: Lets Have Your Questions For Mr President by ogochukwunasa1: 9:29am On Nov 17, 2012
will nigeria break up in 2015

Re: Lets Have Your Questions For Mr President by nagoma(m): 9:30am On Nov 17, 2012
Mr. President who is/are behind Boko Haram . You said you know them. Why are you refusing to tell us. You didn't tell us who were behind the eagle square independence day bombings either. And you know them, because you said so - and we believe you.

1 Like

Re: Lets Have Your Questions For Mr President by demola9: 9:30am On Nov 17, 2012
My question would be on the maritime industry. There is too much corruption in Nimasa and u don't put expense people to handle the organisation.and I don't support that an ex miliant should protecting the water. Without the navy.they keep on paying them billion of naira. Without them doing nothing.we no illegl bunker , theif , guns e.t.C
Re: Lets Have Your Questions For Mr President by gunuvi(m): 9:34am On Nov 17, 2012
Mr President, is it true that you are confused?
Re: Lets Have Your Questions For Mr President by Nobody: 9:37am On Nov 17, 2012
Going by the increasing rates of 'Jungle Justice' meted out on 'suspected criminals' it is fare to say that the common man has lost faith in the Nigeria Police and the Judiciary. Nigeria has also been 'mature enough' for Boko Haram terrorism. When will Nigeria be 'mature enough' for State Police ?

1 Like

Re: Lets Have Your Questions For Mr President by Nobody: 9:41am On Nov 17, 2012
jst two questions!
Mr president, who be your indoor advicer?
Mr president,why do you think we are going to vote for you in 2015?
#nigeriagobetterforhowlong?WeHoping..#
Re: Lets Have Your Questions For Mr President by omosexy1: 9:44am On Nov 17, 2012
What is happening to the Power Project and who is the new minister for Power?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fire Razes 70 Shops In Kure Market / Wike- I Have Bank Statements That Show Amaechi Stole $308m From Access Bank / Nine Hydropower Projects To Add 2,672MW To National Grid – FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.