Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,074 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:26 AM

Are Blacks More Fixated On Colour Than Whites? - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Are Blacks More Fixated On Colour Than Whites? (6771 Views)

The Hametic Myth/are Blacks Cursed As Stated In The Bible? / Why Are Blacks Heading Most Of US Agencies? / World Wide Conspiracy By Whites To Destroy The Black Race? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Blacks More Fixated On Colour Than Whites? by Basilona(m): 6:01pm On Nov 17, 2012
Agiliti: it's not a white or black thing, it's an underdog thing... the way some black people feel about obama or tiger woods, or any other black guy dominating a typically white field is the same way some whites feel about eminem, larry bird, or any other "great white hope" who dominated a black field....even people were rooting for jonathan simply because he was a minority

Took the wordz rite outta my mouth
Re: Are Blacks More Fixated On Colour Than Whites? by phreakabit(m): 6:13pm On Nov 17, 2012
[size=18pt]@OP. If you have ever been around Whites Caucasians (nothing white about them), then you'd realize your question should be the other way round.

They tend to vehemently deny refute this claim, but you know what they say. . . . "Action speaks louder than voice/words".[/size]
Re: Are Blacks More Fixated On Colour Than Whites? by ektbear: 8:09pm On Nov 17, 2012
Bros, do you watch any sports? E.g. basketball? Or boxing? Ever heard of the phrase "great white hope?"

Obama is our "great black hope" as far as politics go. White people have enjoyed and continue to enjoy their great white hopes in a variety of sports in which blacks dominate. Let them continue to enjoy theirs, and us enjoy ours.

EDIT: bleh, someone already said exactly what i said

1 Like

Re: Are Blacks More Fixated On Colour Than Whites? by mayorteeny: 8:17pm On Nov 17, 2012
obadiah777: STUP-ID QUESTION. WHITES INVENTED RACISM. HOW CAN YOU BE BETTER AT SOMETHING THAN THE CREATORS OF IT ?

Not a very intelligent answer....have you ever head of the word 'soccer'?, oya ask England and Brazil now
Re: Are Blacks More Fixated On Colour Than Whites? by adconline(m): 8:48pm On Nov 17, 2012
88% of blacks voted for John Kerry in 2004. What would you call that?
Re: Are Blacks More Fixated On Colour Than Whites? by alanmwene: 8:48pm On Nov 17, 2012
Morayo747:

I beg to differ. Most employers actually prefer to hire minorities in my opinion...there will always been racism but Britain is a very tolerant country. In fact you are more likely to get in trouble being white for a racist comment. And that is somewhat unfair.. Most racist people here in UK are closet racists I.E they don't make their opinion known in public.
britain isnt that tolerant!Englishs are masters of bullshits!Blacks account for 90% of the best footballers in the premier league,buthow many clubs have a black manager or black assistant manager?Minorities are mostly hired for jobs that whites dont want to do!The explicite hierarchy in uk is as follow:
1-white anglo-saxons(englishs,scottishs,etc...)
2-other whites(frenchs,germans,polishs,etc...)
3-asians
4-mixed-races
5-carribeans
6-africans
Re: Are Blacks More Fixated On Colour Than Whites? by Xfactoria: 9:39pm On Nov 17, 2012
@ Poster:

Obama did not win because he is black. From excerpt of a report by the US Census Bureau shown below, a block vote from Hispanics and Blacks would not have won Obama re-election. The author of that write up failed to mention one important factor in American elections - the red (Republican), the blue (Democrat)and the swing states. It doesn't matter who the Democrats field, they can never win in states like Texas, Arizona, Mississipi, Kentucky etc because they are traditionally conservatives. Obama did not loose in those states because he is black, he lost there because the majority in those states vote republican come rain, come shine. Similarly, the Republicans can never win in Maine, NY, Massachussets, Vermont, California (although with sizeable population of hispanics and Asian-Americans) etc because they are traditionally Democrats.

I am resident in Ohio (80% white population and Obama won here), a swing state and even though I am not an eligible voter, majority of the folks who campaigned to me were white - pure blond whites and they were Democrats any day. So in swing states, party allegiance played a strong part in getting white votes as well as Obama's (in fact Democratic party) appeal to Hispanics and Blacks because of their liberal policies especially on immigration. When Bill Clinton won in 1992 and 1996, it was the hispanic and black votes in the swing states that did the magic. Any Democratic Party President would always require the Hispanic and Black votes to win in addition to holding on tight to the white votes from party loyalists and sympatizers.

TOTAL U.S. POPULATION, BY RACE/ETHNICITY

White non-Hispanic 64%
White (including Hispanic) 72%
Hispanic (any race) 16%
Black 13%
Asian 5%
American Indian/Alaska Native 1%
Other (including Pacific 6%
Islander/Native Hawaiian)

NOTE: Hispanics may be of any race. Does not include those
identifying themselves as two or more races.

SOURCE: U.S. Census Bureau
Re: Are Blacks More Fixated On Colour Than Whites? by Nobody: 10:24pm On Nov 17, 2012
this is a very flawed way of looking at this issue:

1. Blacks "block voted" over 90% for Obama. Big deal... they voted 93% for Clinton and over 90% for Al Gore... last i checked, those two are as white as they come. In Arkansas, blacks voted over 90% for a republican (Huckabee) over his democratic challenger. As a black man who lives in the US, this is not too difficult to see, i would find it extremely difficult to vote for a party whose platform has constituted those who refer to blacks as "welfare queens" and moochers, a party whose platform welcomes birthers and racists like Donald Trump with open arms and has barely any minority of note in its rallies and conventions. This idea of black block voting for Obama is the daftest thing i have heard in a long time... it is simply a racist way of saying that blacks have no ability to make rational thoughtful decisions with regard to electing their leaders.

Perhaps blacks chose to vote for a party platform that does not see them as inconvenient second class citizens.

2. 70% of hispanics voted for Obama... big deal. As a hispanic, i would rather vote for a party that is actively trying to help my people with immigration reform than a party that openly opposes that in favor of self deportation. its not rocket science.

3. Unlike white people who dont have to be characterized by the failures of fellow whites... black people know deep down that an Obama failure is directly going to affect them for life! Many of us were old enough to remember a time when blacks were considered unintelligent enough to be football quarter-backs...
Re: Are Blacks More Fixated On Colour Than Whites? by Nobody: 10:29pm On Nov 17, 2012
carefreewannabe:

I am a big fan of Obama but it's not very intelligent to say that people have NO right to disagree with his policies.
If a white person doesn't for example agree with his health care reforms, that doesn't me that he / she is racist.

While i agree, i hope you also realize that should be dependent on WHY the individual disagrees with a health care reform plan that was designed by republicans and implemented by the very same man they want to replace Obama with. Strange.
Re: Are Blacks More Fixated On Colour Than Whites? by tpia1: 10:46pm On Nov 17, 2012
a lot of hispanics dont like black people

true that.

Some blacks are learning that they are generally being dispised for something as simple as skin colour

also true.

in addition, nationality.
Re: Are Blacks More Fixated On Colour Than Whites? by tpia1: 10:55pm On Nov 17, 2012
Just as I am not crazy about GEJ, but also appreciate his pychological impact on both the major and smaller Nigerian ethnic groups that might never have considered a minority fit to rule

interesting thought.
Re: Are Blacks More Fixated On Colour Than Whites? by Princess1982(f): 10:56pm On Nov 17, 2012
We blacks in America didn't just vote for Obama because he was black I mean a few blacks did. however a republican canidate has not won the black vote as long as I can remember we vote democrat because, we can relate to the democratic party if Hillary Clinton had won the democratic nomination when she put in her bid then I am sure she would of won the black and Hispanic vote. A lot of blacks in the states find it offensive to say we voted for Obama only because he is black.
Re: Are Blacks More Fixated On Colour Than Whites? by Nobody: 12:50am On Nov 18, 2012
Horus:

Why do you have a preconceived opinon about me?, the thread is not about me.

What stop you from also quoting white people FROM ALL OVER THE WORLD being proud of Obama?, you are free to do it.

I create what? who are sending the racist tweets? me?. Or is it your own perception?, so who is one-sided?, only you, You find nothing wrong with sickening racist tweets but you find that I am the guilty one for posting them just to inform Nairalanders.

I believe nothing, believe and belief are ignorance so I deal only with facts, and no it is not my intention to stop or reduce racism, I am here to post informations.

And did I said that racism doesn't exist anymore?. When?

It is your own perception and interpretation of my posting who is one-sided and there is nothing that I can do about it.
As I do not receive order from any mental slave I will keep posting as usual.

You're free to post whatever you want AND I'm free to reply.
When you reply to a topic on race and racism and your aim is to post information based on facts, then devote yourself to objectivity in order to make sure you give people ALL THE INFORMATION needed. You have shown 5 to 7 DUMB AND POSSIBLY SICK white racists (I haven't counted them) to prove what? IF you believe NOTHING and strictly stick to facts, then ALSO say how many white people voted for OBAMA despite or maybe even because of his skin color?
You choose to show just an extract from what is really happening in pretence of "facts" which actually falsify the whole picture IN ITS COMPELXITY.

Your accumulation of pictures with dumb white people looks like propaganda, not a post aiming at INFORMING people PROPERLY and THOROUGHLY.
Re: Are Blacks More Fixated On Colour Than Whites? by Nipeks(m): 1:13am On Nov 18, 2012
Romney would have won if he is black.
Re: Are Blacks More Fixated On Colour Than Whites? by Princess1982(f): 1:23am On Nov 18, 2012
Nipeks: I know Romney would have won if he is black.
not true the republicans had a black hopeful name Herman Cain he was front runner when Romney was trying to get the nominee then republicans found every peice of dirt possible on him thats why he didn't get the nomination but he was black but in preelection polls blacks still didn't show him favor.
Re: Are Blacks More Fixated On Colour Than Whites? by Horus(m): 1:49am On Nov 18, 2012
carefreewannabe:

You're free to post whatever you want AND I'm free to reply.
When you reply to a topic on race and racism and your aim is to post information based on facts, then devote yourself to objectivity in order to make sure you give people ALL THE INFORMATION needed. You have shown 5 to 7 DUMB AND POSSIBLY SICK white racists (I haven't counted them) to prove what? IF you believe NOTHING and strictly stick to facts, then ALSO say how many white people voted for OBAMA despite or maybe even because of his skin color?
You choose to show just an extract from what is really happening in pretence of "facts" which actually falsify the whole picture IN ITS COMPELXITY.

Your accumulation of pictures with dumb white people looks like propaganda, not a post aiming at INFORMING people PROPERLY and THOROUGHLY.

Did you even read the part that was on top just before the tweets where there was an explaination on what it is about?, or did you just "landed" on the tweets just like that?. Did you even click on the Source provided at the bottom of the tweets directing you toward the caucasian owned website who exposed those racists?. Why do you think a Source was provided for?. I do not need any kind of advice from you on what I should or should not post here. Like you said I am free to post whatever I want and every Nairalanders will react in a different manner depending on their state of mind or perceptions. I am not here to please anybody and I cannot please everybody. I also don't have to provide any kind of explanation on my posts because I am not guilty of anything. As long as I follow the rules of the forum it is OK. Anything you may say will never change my way of posting or the content of my posting so don't waste your time with me.
Re: Are Blacks More Fixated On Colour Than Whites? by adconline(m): 2:06am On Nov 18, 2012
In 2004 US Senate campaign in Illinois, Obama ran against a fellow black man, Harvard trained Republican opponent Alan Keyes. Obama beat him by 43 points. Alan Keyes got little or nothing from fellow black voters

1 Like

Re: Are Blacks More Fixated On Colour Than Whites? by MrsChima(f): 11:25pm On Nov 18, 2012
You have to understand Whites are the majority in America and if EVERY SINGLE BLACK PERSON voted for Obama...HE WOULD NOT WIN.

It has nothing to do with racism but it also has a lot to do with the fact that after 400 years....a black person became president and that is historical.

1 Like

Re: Are Blacks More Fixated On Colour Than Whites? by amor4ce(m): 3:51am On Nov 19, 2012
Re: Are Blacks More Fixated On Colour Than Whites? by ApolloFist: 11:54am On Jan 16, 2015
I think whites are heavily fixated on colour but with blacks its more pronounced because we are still validating our worth. My main concern is how much we still seek out the approval of white people more than approval of ourselves. Considering the kinds of things we have been subjected to and how we came out. We are an outstanding race. Of great stature and its time we recognized it. Not to validate, but to get on with proving why.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fascinating Photos Reveal Life In Iran And Afghanistan In The 70s. / Larry C. Johnson: “the Ukrainian Army Has Been Defeated. What’s Left Is Mop-up” / South Sudan Has Become The World's Newest Nation!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.