Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,443 members, 7,816,021 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:40 PM

Help! Unilorin changed her course overnight, What Can Be Done? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Help! Unilorin changed her course overnight, What Can Be Done? (3716 Views)

Story Of Hardworking Abuja Girl Who Became Millionaire Overnight / Reps Want Sept 22 Schools’ Resumption Date Changed / JAMB Changed Her Result! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! Unilorin changed her course overnight, What Can Be Done? by honeric01(m): 8:12am On Nov 17, 2012
My fiancee applied to 2 different schools and was offered admission to both universities this year (Unilorin and Kwasu)
She opted for Unilorin because it is a federal school and they are known to be fast and organised
Both of them offered her the course she went in for. (ACCOUNTANCY)
Before then, she did her ND at Kwarapoly and came out with distinctions, so it was easy for her to apply as a DE candidate. (200 level)

Now she's done everything with unilorin, paid school fees, hostel, moved in, picked her subjects/courses, printed, acknowledged by level officer, documented and filed with the school admin, faulty and also L.O and has been receiving lectures since then as an accounting student.

Just yesterday, she called me crying that the school changed her chosen choice which is accountancy to human kinetics (Ed).
This is someone that has nothing to do with this new course, knows very little about this new course and has no similarities with her passion, she's someone that's very good with numbers (Accounting and mathematics, hence the reason she went for Accountancy)

Please what can she do in other to get her chosen course back?
she has already applied for ICAN and ATS and paid.
ATS exams slated for march and she's preparing for that too before this sudden change to her career and passion came in.

Why would unilorin change her course overnight? if they wanted to change her course, why didn't they do it because she even commenced registration? if that was done, she would have picked KWASU instead because her passion and dream is what matters most.

What can be done to savage the situation? she definitely can't take up this new course forced on her because this is like abandoning your dream and following someone else's dream.

HELP guys. (Odunnu if you have a clue, abeg fill me in)
sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad
Re: Help! Unilorin changed her course overnight, What Can Be Done? by honeric01(m): 9:39am On Nov 17, 2012
sad sad sad sad angry make una talk na angry
Re: Help! Unilorin changed her course overnight, What Can Be Done? by godstino(m): 10:10am On Nov 17, 2012
is the kwasu chance stil available?
Re: Help! Unilorin changed her course overnight, What Can Be Done? by honeric01(m): 10:13am On Nov 17, 2012
godstino: is the kwasu chance stil available?

Kwasu doing their matric today already and when the admission was offered, she only picked that of Unilorin and didn't accept Kwasu. sad
Re: Help! Unilorin changed her course overnight, What Can Be Done? by honeric01(m): 10:28am On Nov 17, 2012
[size=15pt][b] sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad, After paying school fees, moving into hostel and taking lectures angry angry angry angry

She accepted the admission because our chosen course was what was offered her, now that it has been changed overnight, what can she do? [/b[/size]]
Re: Help! Unilorin changed her course overnight, What Can Be Done? by honeric01(m): 1:08pm On Nov 17, 2012
I am guessing this board's got no soul sad sad sad
Re: Help! Unilorin changed her course overnight, What Can Be Done? by Alaafialoro(m): 1:21pm On Nov 17, 2012
My advice: she should meet with dean of students‘ affair in person and discuss the issue in person with him/her. I know of someone who had similar issue but was later rectified though it came at the expense of a semester-long problem with his matric number. There‘s nothing impossible.
Re: Help! Unilorin changed her course overnight, What Can Be Done? by godstino(m): 1:24pm On Nov 17, 2012
if u ask me, i dnt tink there is much to do..the options are 1. She can look for a strong and reliable button at unilorin to help out..cos in unilorin connection is the order of the day 2. She can manage the course and take anoda d.e form 3. She can forget unilorin for d nw and take anoda form nxt session..bt if u ask me,i would rather go with d first...
Thats my 2cent and i believe others are coming to give u more...
Re: Help! Unilorin changed her course overnight, What Can Be Done? by honeric01(m): 1:29pm On Nov 17, 2012
Alaafia l‘oro:
My advice: she should meet with dean of students‘ affair in person and discuss the issue in person with him/her. I know of someone who had similar issue but was later rectified though it came at the expense of a semester-long problem with his matric number. There‘s nothing impossible.

Ok, she's going to meet with the dean but someone with similar problem said the Admin (secretary i think) said there's nothing that can be done, its either she takes the new course (as if its going to be free) or leave it. if nothing is done, can't the school be sued for breach of contract? she applied to study accountancy and what was given to her at first was Accountancy, that was what she accepted by paying acceptance fee, meaning she accepted Accountancy, now they have breached the contract by changing her course without her consent after paying school fees, hostel, printed forms, submitted to various departments for filing. angry

2 Likes

Re: Help! Unilorin changed her course overnight, What Can Be Done? by honeric01(m): 1:31pm On Nov 17, 2012
godstino: if u ask me, i dnt tink there is much to do..the options are 1. She can look for a strong and reliable button at unilorin to help out..cos in unilorin connection is the order of the day 2. She can manage the course and take anoda d.e form 3. She can forget unilorin for d nw and take anoda form nxt session..bt if u ask me,i would rather go with d first...
Thats my 2cent and i believe others are coming to give u more...

She's got no influence in Unilorin, only in Kwasu and Kwarapoly.... sad
Re: Help! Unilorin changed her course overnight, What Can Be Done? by Alaafialoro(m): 1:40pm On Nov 17, 2012
@honoric01...she is now even in a more difficult situation.. Since she has no connection like you posted above,I think she should just continue with course given and then sit for another extrance exam next yr. As per sueing the sch,nigeria judiciary system is crippled,she might not get justice until her nysc year.
Re: Help! Unilorin changed her course overnight, What Can Be Done? by honeric01(m): 1:48pm On Nov 17, 2012
Alaafia l‘oro:
@honoric01...she is now even in a more difficult situation.. Since she has no connection like you posted above,I think she should just continue with course given and then sit for another extrance exam next yr. As per sueing the sch,nigeria judiciary system is crippled,she might not get justice until her nysc year.

Social science to Education? the new course is not even a BSc course, how can she take such a course for God's sake?
Someone with Distinction as her ND result in Accountancy?
This is getting infuriating the more i think of it. angry sad
Re: Help! Unilorin changed her course overnight, What Can Be Done? by godstino(m): 2:31pm On Nov 17, 2012
@honeric, she should try and meet pple in d skul esp. The dean like sum1 said above...wit money notin is imposible at unilorin.
Re: Help! Unilorin changed her course overnight, What Can Be Done? by honeric01(m): 2:39pm On Nov 17, 2012
godstino: @honeric, she should try and meet pple in d skul esp. The dean like sum1 said above...wit money notin is imposible at unilorin.

Thanks
Re: Help! Unilorin changed her course overnight, What Can Be Done? by ecolime(m): 4:08pm On Nov 17, 2012
That is pure crap. Why should she need a connection to put her right in place?.. She should press further and see if something positive will come up. Is it still possible for her to accept Kwasus admission offer?
Re: Help! Unilorin changed her course overnight, What Can Be Done? by honeric01(m): 4:32pm On Nov 17, 2012
ecolime: That is pure crap. Why should she need a connection to put her right in place?.. She should press further and see if something positive will come up. Is it still possible for her to accept Kwasus admission offer?

That i am not sure of but she's there now trying to see if it's possible.
Re: Help! Unilorin changed her course overnight, What Can Be Done? by Alhasan1(m): 5:13pm On Nov 17, 2012
My candid advice is that let her check their requirements regarding ACCOUNTING as a course and if she has d correct subjects relating to her course then,let her go to the admission office to lodge the complaint because she might be guilty of requirements.If she has thier requirements pls kindly let us know in Abuja.In Abuja,there is one nationally renowned programme called Hembelembe presided by Ahmed Issa a.k.a Brekete.If Ahmed sees that she is not guilty,he has a team of lawyers who will not charge her KOBO.It will serve as deterrent for other schools.

1 Like

Re: Help! Unilorin changed her course overnight, What Can Be Done? by honeric01(m): 5:29pm On Nov 17, 2012
Al-hasan:
My candid advice is that let her check their requirements regarding ACCOUNTING as a course and if she has d correct subjects relating to her course then,let her go to the admission office to lodge the complaint because she might be guilty of requirements.If she has thier requirements pls kindly let us know in Abuja.In Abuja,there is one nationally renowned programme called Hembelembe presided by Ahmed Issa a.k.a Brekete.If Ahmed sees that she is not guilty,he has a team of lawyers who will not charge her KOBO.It will serve as deterrent for other schools.

She's got all the requirements, like i said she got in as a DE student (200L) with distinctions and her name was on the first list released by the school with the right course (Accountancy). her course was changed overnight yesterday. if you can help, let me know the steps to take. her passion is accounting and this new course is a DREAM KILLER.

Already picked up ICAN form and that of ATS too and preparing for ATS's exams, this is to let you know she's got a heart for accountancy as a discipline.
Re: Help! Unilorin changed her course overnight, What Can Be Done? by Nobody: 5:30pm On Nov 17, 2012
if she meets up with SSCE subjects requirement and her admission letter reads Accountancy then she has a case. Unilorin is reputed for dubious practices as regards admission into competitive courses. Someone at the admission office might have swapped her name with his candidate's and as such she should raise alarm because there is a big cause for one.
Re: Help! Unilorin changed her course overnight, What Can Be Done? by Odunnu: 5:31pm On Nov 17, 2012
Hmmm. Human Kinetics? What are the subjects requirements?
TBH i've never come across this kinda challenge before?
What did her admission letter read? What faculty serial is her reg. and matric number? IMO, she has a strong case but she should play the fool in the meantime and follow procedure- file a complaint/meet the dean at student affairs, registrar's office, Accountancy dept. She should be active and step out to get this sorted out.
BTW, how did she get to know her course has been changed?
Re: Help! Unilorin changed her course overnight, What Can Be Done? by honeric01(m): 5:32pm On Nov 17, 2012
morufoye: if she meets up with SSCE subjects requirements and her admission letter reads Accountancy then she has a case. Unilorin is reputed for dubious practices as regards admission into competitive courses. Someone at the admission office might have swapped her name with his candidate's and as such she should raise alarm because there is a big cause for one.

Her O level is complete and correct
her admission letter has Accountancy on it, that was what was offered her before she accepted the admission.
Pls let me know what steps to take asap.
Re: Help! Unilorin changed her course overnight, What Can Be Done? by honeric01(m): 5:35pm On Nov 17, 2012
Odunnu: Hmmm. Human Kinetics? What are the subjects requirements?
TBH i've never come across this kinda challenge before?
What did her admission letter read? What faculty serial is her reg. and matric number? IMO, she has a strong case but she should play the fool in the meantime and follow procedure- file a complaint/meet the dean at student affairs, registrar's office, Accountancy dept. She should be active and step out to get this sorted out.

You want her matric number? they are yet to issue out matric, i think november 26th or thereabout is their matric day. she's to go to the admin office on monday and probably see the dean and the level officer.

What do you mean by faculty serial?
Re: Help! Unilorin changed her course overnight, What Can Be Done? by Odunnu: 5:48pm On Nov 17, 2012
In UNN, our registration number is serial. Just seeing a set of numbers tell me the faculty a student is in. Dont know if its the way it is there.
How did she get to know her course has been changed?
Re: Help! Unilorin changed her course overnight, What Can Be Done? by honeric01(m): 5:50pm On Nov 17, 2012
Odunnu: In UNN, our registration number is serial. Just seeing a set of numbers tell me the faculty a student is in. Dont know if its the way it is there.
How did she get to know her course has been changed?

Oh well, they are yet to do their matric.
she just called me that a friend of hers called her, complained about his. so she checked hers to see the new development.
Re: Help! Unilorin changed her course overnight, What Can Be Done? by Odunnu: 5:52pm On Nov 17, 2012
Checked hers where?
Re: Help! Unilorin changed her course overnight, What Can Be Done? by Odunnu: 5:54pm On Nov 17, 2012
Get a Jamb brochure and check the subject requirements for human kinetics. Can a student with Accy subject combination do it?
Could be a system problem.
Re: Help! Unilorin changed her course overnight, What Can Be Done? by honeric01(m): 6:09pm On Nov 17, 2012
Odunnu: Get a Jamb brochure and check the subject requirements for human kinetics. Can a student with Accy subject combination do it?
Could be a system problem.

Human kinetics is in the department of education, not even close to social sciences, they don't even give BSc so it's so funny that someone from education would be moved far away from her faulty to another faculty entirely. her result has more to do with Accounting, banking and finance, statistics e.t.c and i wonder why someone like that would be moved that far.

I smell foul play, someone in the admin department is fixing new people into some student's slot while moving the owners to random courses.
Re: Help! Unilorin changed her course overnight, What Can Be Done? by honeric01(m): 6:14pm On Nov 17, 2012
Odunnu: Checked hers where?

The school's website. every student has a portal for their profile where they check results, add,print and pay fees that has to do with the school.
Re: Help! Unilorin changed her course overnight, What Can Be Done? by Odunnu: 6:17pm On Nov 17, 2012
Honeric! What are the subject combination for Human Kinetics?
How did your girl get to know her course has been changed?
She should have a reg. number which is different from a matric number, that reg number, what faculty issued it?
Re: Help! Unilorin changed her course overnight, What Can Be Done? by Odunnu: 6:24pm On Nov 17, 2012
honeric01:

The school's website. every student has a portal for their profile where they check results, add,print and pay fees that has to do with the school.
When admission list was announced in UNIBEN, students had there courses swapped. Those who applied for mass-com were given medicine -it was that funny. It was rectified as it was a system error.
Since it happened to some other person, its possible its a system error.
According to you, Jamb already confirmed her accountancy admission, Unilorin also did which she has already printed.
Re: Help! Unilorin changed her course overnight, What Can Be Done? by Alhasan1(m): 6:30pm On Nov 17, 2012
Pls let her lodge complaint in d admission office first.The programme i'm saying doesn't tolerate nonsense.If nothing is done by the school management i will,insha Allah, get u Ahmed issa' number so that Unilorin will be charged to court after proper investigation is carried out.But,this person must be brave enough to seek redress and ensure that she doesn't deserve that(in all requirements).This is my number 08174282532.I say again that this case will act as a deterrent to other schools.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Army Zonal Screening Shortlisted Candidates For 71 RRI 2014 / The First Person To Get This Correctly Wins A Recharge Card. / SEAN Scholarship Opportunity For Students-jambite, Undergraduate, Post-graduate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.