Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,306 members, 7,811,914 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:25 PM

Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... - Travel (101) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... (787995 Views)

Securing Visa To Italy / Hungarian Student Visa Application, Applying From Nigeria / I'm Afraid Of Applying For A Us Visa Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) ... (381) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Ijeshalomo(m): 12:27am On Sep 09, 2019
What are the necessary documentation a man above 60 yrs and not working present during application to secure 3weeks tourist visa apart from bank statement?

Thanks
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Maymai: 4:42am On Sep 09, 2019
P1P2:
Hi all,

Kudos to you all who are in one way or the other helping to answer questions inorder make life a bit easier for us.

Please i am about to apply for French visa, my sister's husband is going to send an invite.

My question or rather my fear is that i dont know if i will be granted visa based on the following;

1. I applied for American visa last year but was denied due to lack or no enough tie to my country. I am married but when I was filling the American visa application form i filled single for a reason but i am planning to fill married on my French application form. I just want to know if there will be an issue with this. i was told that this western countries have a central system which they have everyones information that has applied to a country bfor.

2. At the moment i am not working i resigned in other to start up my own company and am in the process of setting it up. so i just wanted to quickly visit my sister and her huband bfor the business starts properly. I have my certificate of incorporation already but i havent started yet cause am still processing other certificates particularly for this my line of business.

3. i have a landed property

4. i have a personal bank statement of about 3m

5. i am living in a rented apartment which is in my name

6. i have been to dubai once, thats the only travel history i have.

Please my question is this, based on the above do you think am eligible? And what other things must i add or do to make me eligible.

Please kindly list supporting documents i can submits to help secure thier visa please.

Please all, i eargerly look forward to your responds. thanks and God bless.

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Maymai: 4:47am On Sep 09, 2019
AnonymousAAA:
Hello Nairalanders,

Thanks to all those that contribute to this platform weather or not they were granted Visa. Your impute is greatly appreciated.
Although I didnt ask questions, just reading personal testimonies and guidelines from many of you gave me all the information I needed. Now let me share mine.

Firstly, my Schengen Visa through france only took 5days. My appointment was 23rd January 2019, I got notification that my application has been transferred to Visa office on 24th Jan, on the 31st Feburary I got a mail to come pick up my passport. Getting the mail to come pick up my passport made me kinda worried, cos decision process was so short. But I refused to be worried. I went to the VFS office today 1st Feb, to pick up my passport and Lo my passport was stamped with 30days short stay visa.

I intend going to Paris and Venice a total of 7days with my boyfriend, sisters and their husbands. I explained this in my cover letter and also mentioned I will be travelling to Paris from London. These are the documents I submitted:

Cover Letter
Already paid Uk flight return ticket
Already paid France flight return ticket
Intl passport
Travel insurance: I used "insure and Go" its a uk based insurance company, my boyfriend did that for me.
France and Venice Hotel booking: from booking.com, I didnt pay, I just uploaded my credit card details
6months Payslips from my office: I earn 130k a month
Proof of Pension
Contract letter from my office
Promotion letter from my office
Leave approval
3months bank statement from sponsor
Sponsor payslips
Letter of introduction/sponsorship from sponsor
ID of sponsor
My own work ID
I did not submit my own bank statement I wont be sponsoring the trip.

I took all these alongside my application form on wednesday last week and thursday this week my visa was approved.

I hope this helps someone

Congratulations
Did you have previous travel history?

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Maymai: 5:21am On Sep 09, 2019
richcasey:
Approval Alert!

I read through the 72 pages here before i applied, I'd travelled to the UK twice in the past and a daily reader of the canada visa thread, so I'm familiar with the visa processes but not for schengen so I had to read through because with these Visa Officers you just can never know.

I plan visiting my fiancee in the Netherlands and then proceed to France to attend a film festival in which my film has been selected to show.

*You do not have to go with the originals of anything because you're not gonna get your documents back, make colored photocopies of everything. You will only get your passport back after you application has been processed.*

Documents submitted
-Completed signed schengen visa form
-registration receipt -you get this after completing your form online.
-Passport photograph - do make sure this is the required size as I was delayed at the submission center and asked to take a new photo just because my face appeared smaller in the photo I took there.
-Invitation letter (My purpose of travel was to attend a film festival in Paris where my Film had been selected to screen but I decided to stop first in The Netherlands to visit my Fiancee and we drive to Paris from The Netherlands). So I submitted invitation from Paris and from my fiancee.
-My fiancee's passport data page
-Pictures of us together.
-Pictures of our whatsapp call log (I didn't add our chats because it's private)
-Health insurance from Mansard. ( I covered for 21 days even though i planned to use 14days.
-My fiancee's tenancy agreement for I stay with her in The Netherlands and an unpaid but confirmed booking of my hotel in Paris.
-My father sponsors my trip so I submitted his
Statement of account
Company registration papers
Passport data page with Visas to USA, UK etc
His share certificates to other companies
Sponsorship letter from him on his company letter head
-My employment letter
-Leave letter
-Cover letter from work
-Proof I'm a shareholder in my father's company
-A letter from me to detail my itinerary and also to inform the visa officer of my hometies as a first son in my family and my responsibilities to my father's companies.
-An unpaid flight ticket from turkish airlines website which had only 48hrs before expiry, I did this because it's clearly stated everywhere online not to book a real flight as if your visa is rejected, you lose your money.

Oh! One more thing, I requested for 14 days single entry visa but i was given a 30days multiple entry visa to which i an grateful as i can go back to The Netherlands after Paris and fly back with my fiancee.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Maymai: 5:45am On Sep 09, 2019
Globetrotter101:

I don't know but I think you want more details on purpose of visit and to me that means what your cover letter should cover...so my little insight goes thus:

1.First introduce ur self stating your name,name of your company, your position in the company, what the company does, make reference to show evidence of your company's registration which u have submitted. Evidence of your company's activities

2.Second paragraph should talk about the trip, what it means to you or your company, what you would gain from the trip,its importance. What you intend to do there during your stay

3.Here on the third paragraph, state how u intend to fund the trip, from where the money is coming from with references

4.Now on this paragraph state places you intend to visit ,mention names and addresses, also state where you would stay

5. Conclusion, state your Itinerary like from where you intend flying from and your first point of contact. Then your subsequent activities with time schedules until you depart and then mention your destination after departure with references to your flight Itinerary.

I hope this helps somehow

1 Like 4 Shares

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by hageebola101: 10:26am On Sep 10, 2019
Hello guys,

I applied for a France tourist visa for family of 3 me,my wife and my daughter in Lagos on the 31st of July...I am yet to get any feedback from them. I have sent several mails to the embassy because my travel date is on the 17th of September
Please has anyone else been in this kind of situation?.....plz what can I do at this moment

1 Like

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by sihamey: 12:59pm On Sep 11, 2019
Hello guys I submitted my tourist visa application on 2nd this month at Abuja the Vfs guy that attended to me removed my land documents and questionnaire and give it to me that is not necessary while I read from people here that is could serve as home tie here. Hope the guy no go spoil things for me?
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by hageebola101: 1:15pm On Sep 15, 2019
hageebola101:
Hello guys,

I applied for a France tourist visa for family of 3 me,my wife and my daughter in Lagos on the 31st of July...I am yet to get any feedback from them. I have sent several mails to the embassy because my travel date is on the 17th of September
Please has anyone else been in this kind of situation?.....plz what can I do at this moment

Finally got our visa after writing the embassy through the email on the French website and we were all issued 3 months multiple entry....

1 Like

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by hageebola101: 1:19pm On Sep 15, 2019
sihamey:
Hello guys I submitted my tourist visa application on 2nd this month at Abuja the Vfs guy that attended to me removed my land documents and questionnaire and give it to me that is not necessary while I read from people here that is could serve as home tie here. Hope the guy no go spoil things for me?

They don’t accept land receipt.....only A Certificate of Occupancy (CO),Deed of assignment

1 Like

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by sihamey: 4:33pm On Sep 15, 2019
hageebola101:

They don’t accept land receipt.....only A Certificate of Occupancy (CO),Deed of assignment

I didn't say land receipt I said land documents...... That is the deed of assignment including the survey plan.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by sihamey: 4:34pm On Sep 15, 2019
hageebola101:

Finally got our visa after writing the embassy through the email on the French website and we were all issued 3 months multiple entry....

Congratulations.....
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Niwalker(m): 4:09pm On Sep 16, 2019
Pls someone should give me a quick response to this. My brother applied for France visa through Nigeria Vfs and after 4days he got this message from ‘INFORM’ as follow

Dear Applicant, your application has been successfully processed. For your visa to be issued, you are to provide a valid onward/return flight ticket and proof of payment of your accomodation on or before 17/09/2019.Thank you for the interest you have shown in France. Regards.

Pls how genuine is this message before he proceed to make payments

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by jj17cv(m): 4:30pm On Sep 16, 2019
@Niwalker
Really they want you to provide ur accommodation payment and flight ticket payment befor they can issue you the visa but suprise
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by davide470(m): 5:01pm On Sep 16, 2019
Niwalker:
Pls someone should give me a quick response to this. My brother applied for France visa through Nigeria Vfs and after 4days he got this message from ‘INFORM’ as follow

Dear Applicant, your application has been successfully processed. For your visa to be issued, you are to provide a valid onward/return flight ticket and proof of payment of your accomodation on or before 17/09/2019.Thank you for the interest you have shown in France. Regards.

Pls how genuine is this message before he proceed to make payments
Did your brother provide a valid onward/return flight ticket and proof of accommodation when applying?

If No, then why are you surprised? Those are key requirements.

If Yes, then you need to ask further questions and call if possible.

Also was it a mail or SMS?
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by OmoBendel24: 5:14pm On Sep 16, 2019
davide470:
Did your brother provide a valid onward/return flight ticket and proof of accommodation when applying?

If No, then why are you surprised? Those are key requirements.

If Yes, then you need to ask further questions and call if possible.

Also was it a mail or SMS?

A call will do. Keep the email address that sent the message handy, just to verify the message is from them. Everything is possible with visa agents

3 Likes

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Ijeshalomo(m): 7:45pm On Sep 16, 2019
What are the necessary documentation a man above 60 yrs and not working present during application to secure 3weeks tourist visa apart from bank statement?

Thanks
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Maymai: 1:37am On Sep 17, 2019
hageebola101:

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Niwalker(m): 10:19am On Sep 18, 2019
Both the ticket and hotel reservation that he booked has not been paid for and it was through text messages not email . The text message came under another ‘Inform’ but the other updates came from ‘VSFSMS’.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by jj17cv(m): 3:14pm On Sep 18, 2019
@Niwalker
Definitely you have to buy flight ticket and paid hotel reservation this is strange......
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by hammed71(m): 3:50pm On Sep 18, 2019
guys is it possible to.get a France work permit from nigeria
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by sihamey: 1:43pm On Sep 20, 2019
I got a message yesterday from vfs that my processed passport has be received by the application centre at the time got another message that my passport has be collected and I'm yet to get it. Meanwhile i opted for courier services and i have not gotten a call from the courier person.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by EngrBello(m): 9:45am On Sep 21, 2019
sihamey:
I got a message yesterday from vfs that my processed passport has be received by the application centre at the time got another message that my passport has be collected and I'm yet to get it. Meanwhile i opted for courier services and i have not gotten a call from the courier person.

Have you tracked it? was it saying?
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by toyeentee: 10:42am On Sep 21, 2019
Good morning,
Please I am trying to fill the application for French Visa but I have some questions.

On the downloaded copy of the filled form, the Member of state of first entry is not showing France, even though i picked France from the drop down list.
Secondly, the person is the MD/CEO of the company and signatory to the company account that he's using to pay for the trip, will I say he's paying himself or state that the company (like a 3rd party) is paying?

Please kindly assist me urgently.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by abdolleez(m): 5:51am On Sep 22, 2019
So disappointed I got denied of my student visa after several of days waiting with the justification of insufficient fund . Please how much should be the minimum account balance that should be in the statement of account so that if I am reapplying for another session so that i won't make mistakes again.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by EngrBello(m): 6:31am On Sep 22, 2019
abdolleez:
So disappointed I got denied of my student visa after several of days waiting with the justification of insufficient fund . Please how much should be the minimum account balance that should be in the statement of account so that if I am reapplying for another session so that i won't make mistakes again.

6m+

Why don't you use a sponsor? Did you just pickup your passport?

1 Like

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Samanajemba: 7:31am On Sep 22, 2019
I've HND in marketing, I was denied admission in Anglia Ruskin university London United Kingdom. Reasons HND isn't degree it's a diploma.
Now I ask this honourable forum!! Is there any school in Asia or Europe that can admit me for direct masters with MY HND or admit me for PGD wit my same HND. Advise me please
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by abdolleez(m): 7:45am On Sep 22, 2019
EngrBello:

6m+

Why don't you use a sponsor? Did you just pickup your passport?
I just pickup so it was denied very sad
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Predstan: 8:13am On Sep 22, 2019
Samanajemba:
I've HND in marketing, I was denied admission in Anglia Ruskin university London United Kingdom. Reasons HND isn't degree it's a diploma.
Now I ask this honourable forum!! Is there any school in Asia or Europe that can admit me for direct masters with MY HND or admit me for PGD wit my same HND. Advise me please

What Course did you study
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by davide470(m): 8:42am On Sep 22, 2019
abdolleez:
It is always good to have more than enough in your account, but if you are short of funds, ensure you have the required amount for expenses for a year (in Paris - €750 * 12 = €9,000 = about N3.7million) and if you had not paid your school fees, ensure you have your school fees for your 1st year too, in the same account.

Bon courage!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by davide470(m): 8:47am On Sep 22, 2019
hammed71:
guys is it possible to get a France work permit from Nigeria
We have discussed this before. The French system is like the UK and most European countries, you need to have a work sponsorship if you want to come to France solely for work. Apply to French companies and if your skill sets are needed alongside your language skills, they will initiate the process.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by abdolleez(m): 12:52pm On Sep 22, 2019
davide470:
It is always good to have more than enough in your account, but if you are short of funds, ensure you have the required amount for expenses for a year (in Paris - €750 * 12 = €9,000 = about N3.7million) and if you had not paid your school fees, ensure you have your school fees for your 1st year too, in the same account.

Bon courage!!
Thank you. I hope if I should have up to 4million in the account they should grant me if re apply because I will still try my chance the second time
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by maraduke: 2:49am On Sep 24, 2019
Please how did you go about flight reservation. I need help

(1) (2) (3) ... (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) ... (381) (Reply)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2

Viewing this topic: Bostin(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.