Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,306 members, 7,811,909 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:13 PM

Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... - Travel (103) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... (787985 Views)

Securing Visa To Italy / Hungarian Student Visa Application, Applying From Nigeria / I'm Afraid Of Applying For A Us Visa Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) ... (381) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by megastu(m): 8:21pm On Sep 29, 2019
Well done bro.

Trust me, you will sail through. It was also difficult for me when I schooled in the Netherlands and i didn't even have a job unlike you. I still got a distinction in my masters.
electromagnito:
my France people... it has been 2years now, i feel i should share my experience, well 2years ago i was here, got admitted to france to study theoretical physics Msc. at Universite de Cergy Pontoise 20km away from central paris, i dont know if i made a mistake going to france or i should have stayed in Nigeria, when i traveled to france september 17th 2017, without little or no help. I traveled with just 750 euros, this was money i had saved up from working, because i had no one to help me. When i got to france, i went straight to my university where i paid the inscription fee of 246 euros and also registered for french class for 210 euros, the money left with me was about 480euros, i had no place to stay because i was too late to get the CROUS, i started asking myself some question on how to survive in this harsh environment i cant speak the language, so i had to stay with a course mate for somedays, i was attending lectures and thinking of what next at the same time, my brain was unstable. I finally met a Nigerian who said i can share his place but i have to pay half the rent, i told him i have just 480 with me, i will pay you 400 for 2 month and if i get a job before then i will move, by december when it was very cold, i didnt getr a job and i couldnt pay the house rent, the Nigeria guy drove me out and i almost felt like giving up plus i was till going to school in all those harsh condition, then a close friend of mine yannick who happens to be french told me he was going to talk to his mom for me since i have helped him in programming exam and he scored 16/20. So his mum accepted me and i stayed with them throughout december then i got a night job in January, so i pleaded with my friend parent that they should give me just january to move out, Note i was working all night and still go to school, Feburary 2018 i left to my own rented appartment, now life was getting better but at the stake of my education, i was able to pull through the first year having a overall grade for M1 at 11.8/20 i felt bad knowing my result in Nigeria was a way better graduating with 4.43 CGPA. Because of my love for school i decided not to give up and registered for M2, most of my professor didnt like me though because they knew i was working overnight and i was still passing their exams despite not been stable, in france the hardest master is theoretical physics trust me. M2 started and i knew this was last chance of improving my grade so i could get a phD since that was my goal before i traveled abroad, M2 was still indifferent from M1 hate from professor plus i still had to work all night to pay my bills, my house rent was 300euros per month and i still support my family in Nigeria with any amount i have. after the first session of M2 i had 11.3/20, i was not too happy because my best friend in class got 14/20, although he got a phd now in lyon, so i went insearch of internship known as stage for my masters thesis, i got a good place at ESPCI CNRS paris, so i was going to my stage and still working at night. I finished my stage this month september 2019 and also defended my Master thesis on 6th of this month. at the end of the day i graduated with an aggregated of 12.5/20. I couldnt get a Phd cause most Phd proposal are taken since i finish late, presently now, i am seraching for a phd and also thinking of coming back home since i am just 26yrs old, i have option of changing my status and be working during the night but this is not a job one can di forever, i am grateful to everyone here and if you stay in paris and you need my help, i am always opening..... bonne journee
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by oshpumpin: 10:08pm On Sep 29, 2019
Hey pals. Please is there anyone here who has appealed the french visa refusal and got it successfully overturned. My application was refused on the ground that the information provided was not reliable. I am considering appealing this. Any info please....

1 Like

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by biffoqboxer: 10:45pm On Sep 30, 2019
electromagnito:

Working towards getting a working permit, I am avoiding the APS student card (non renewable 1 years carte de Sejour) ��, i like france though but if you dont speak the language you are equal as dead.

LOL...

Merci tre bien

Enchante...

Comment allez-vouz?

lol

That's no lie, Bro...
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Joohan: 11:22pm On Sep 30, 2019
megastu:
Well done bro.

Trust me, you will sail through. It was also difficult for me when I schooled in the Netherlands and i didn't even have a job unlike you. I still got a distinction in my masters.

Sir, how is schooling in Netherlands? Did you get a scholarship?

Thanks in advance
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by thametiones: 10:11am On Oct 02, 2019
Good Morning Nairalanders..Please I will like to ask the gurus in the house.I applied for Netherlands visa(HOLIDAY***13DAYS) through France embassy as I was told they are the ones handling it as their is no Netherland embassy in Nigeria.All required documents ticked...From flight reservation to hotel ,landed property,travel insurance among others.My bank statements with balance of 16M plus (Personal account) .I own a company that produces animal feeds and a poultry/Farm.Its a virgin passport.What are my chances as of getting visa as a first time traveler.Thanks all in advance.....
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by folmus: 10:22am On Oct 02, 2019
thametiones:
Good Morning Nairalanders..Please I will like to ask the gurus in the house.I applied for Netherlands visa(HOLIDAY***13DAYS) through France embassy as I was told they are the ones handling it as their is no Netherland embassy in Nigeria.All required documents ticked...From flight reservation to hotel ,landed property,travel insurance among others.My bank statements with balance of 16M plus (Personal account) .I own a company that produces animal feeds and a poultry/Farm.Its a virgin passport.What are my chances as of getting visa as a first time traveler.Thanks all in advance.....

Nobody can guaranteed you visa here. Your visa will be granted if you meet the requirements.

Just relax.

2 Likes

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by ojiforeal: 6:34pm On Oct 02, 2019
Good Day Everyone. I have been a silent reader and really appreciate all the contributors.

I submitted my visit visa application on the 1st of Aug in Lagos and got an sms from VFS on the night of 23rd of Aug that my passport is ready for collection, which was on a firday. I picked it on the 26th of Aug (Monday). Was granted 1 month visit visa.

Document Submitted

* Dully filled visa form
* 2 weeks Travel Insurance
* Self introduction letter
* Hotel & Flight reservation
* Letter of employment + promotion letters
* Letter of introduction from employer
* 3 months pay slip
* Bank statement of account (Bal. 1.941M) with good inflow and outflow. + Reference letter from the bank
* Pension statement of account
* Copy of Tax card
* Marriage certificate.
* Copy of birth certificate of my children (Didn't apply for their visa)
* Copy of South African Visa (Not yet used)

The itinerary i submitted on my application was Lagos to Johannesburg, Johannesburg to Paris, Paris to Lagos. But couldn't make my trip to South Africa due to all the troubles they are making. I traveled to Paris from Lagos on the 20th of September and returned on the 26th. End up spending just 6 days.

Thanks and I wish u all the best of Luck

5 Likes

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Safiguy4u: 3:53am On Oct 03, 2019
ojiforeal:
Good Day Everyone. I have been a silent reader and really appreciate all the contributors.

I submitted my visit visa application on the 1st of Aug in Lagos and got an sms from VFS on the night of 23rd of Aug that my passport is ready for collection, which was on a firday. I picked it on the 26th of Aug (Monday). Was granted 1 month visit visa.

Document Submitted

* Dully filled visa form
* 2 weeks Travel Insurance
* Letter of employment + promotion letters
* 3 months pay slip
* Bank statement of account (Bal. 1.941M) with good inflow and outflow. + Reference letter from the bank
* Pension statement of account
* Copy of Tax card
* Marriage certificate.
* Copy of birth certificate of my children (Didn't apply for their visa)
* Copy of South African Visa (Not yet used)

The itinerary i submitted on my application was Lagos to Johannesburg, Johannesburg to Paris, Paris to Lagos. But couldn't make my trip to South Africa due to all the troubles they are making. I traveled to Paris from Lagos on the 20th of September and returned on the 26th. End up spending just 6 days.

Thanks and I wish u all the best of Luck

Did you know u cld have used dat France Visa to obtain Turkey Visa with just $41.50 without submitting any documents? but must travel with Turkey airline.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by IrisWestAllen: 6:38am On Oct 03, 2019
Good News!

I got my passport back yesterday after 20 working days. They gave me a single entry short stay visa valid for just 23 days which is quite alright with me as I plan to be there for 7 days.

My thanks to @EngrBello & @omotolanibaby for the pep talk.

4 Likes

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by EngrBello(m): 9:15am On Oct 03, 2019
IrisWestAllen:
Good News!

I got my passport back yesterday after 20 working days. They gave me a single entry short stay visa valid for just 23 days which is quite alright with me as I plan to be there for 7 days.

Congratulations sir
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Graceee: 9:25am On Oct 03, 2019
1.please applying for French tourist visa which is the most preffered Lagos or Abuja??
2Can I just walk into vfs Abuja or lagos and submit my application without any appointment
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by segunagbe55: 2:40pm On Oct 03, 2019
Safiguy4u:

Did you know u cld have used dat France Visa to obtain Turkey Visa with just $41.50 without submitting any documents? but must travel with Turkey airline.
I think i will also apply to France again after i collect my passport from Turkey Embassy, i might be lucky this time, i got turkey visa around February this year, i applied together with my elder Brother, we even paid money to spiritualist about 150k the man charge us and he gave 100% assurance that the visa would be granted, after it was refusal.. i finally went Turkey on 22 of March, i came back on 1 April, 2019, i spent 8 days, now my Turkish visa already approved again as the Embassy message me to bring my passport, i think will resubmit, i will use ordinary reservation because that time i used prepaid ticket yet the Embassy do not send me, my visa was rejected even with prepaid ticket
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by hammed71(m): 3:21pm On Oct 03, 2019
segunagbe55:
I think i will also apply to France again after i collect my passport from Turkey Embassy, i might be lucky this time, i got turkey visa around February this year, i applied together with my elder Brother, we even paid money to spiritualist about 150k the man charge us and he gave 100% assurance that the visa would be granted, after it was refusal.. i finally went Turkey on 22 of March, i came back on 1 April, 2019, i spent 8 days, now my Turkish visa already approved again as the Embassy message me to bring my passport, i think will resubmit, i will use ordinary reservation because that time i used prepaid ticket yet the Embassy do not send me, my visa was rejected even with prepaid ticket
lol you paid money to spiritualists
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by jj17cv(m): 3:37pm On Oct 03, 2019
@segunagbe55
Looolxxx that man just chop 150k Sara just package ur documents very well and read the trend they will give u ....hope u don't pay another money for that turkey visa ppl with scop
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Safiguy4u: 3:50pm On Oct 03, 2019
segunagbe55:
With your valid Schengen, UK, Ireland or US Visa u can apply for Turkey E-Visa online without submitting any single document and d Visa will be issued immediately within 5 mins for $41.50, when filling the form online they will only ask for your valid Visa number among any of d 4 visas I mentioned.

https://www.evisa.gov.tr/en/prerequisites/

1 Share

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by segunagbe55: 4:33pm On Oct 03, 2019
jj17cv:
@segunagbe55
Looolxxx that man just chop 150k Sara just package ur documents very well and read the trend they will give u ....hope u don't pay another money for that turkey visa ppl with scop
My Brother, i do both Turkey and France myself but my elder Brother then have much believe in that man, let me explain better how we were duped, we went to the Alfa that we submitted for France then he said we need to buy each Ram for both of us, he collected two ram money for 100k, then they need special prayer for 50k include some other Alfa and other materials, he gave us 100% guarantee, so after the visa rejected, i hate anything Alfa because of it

1 Like

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by segunagbe55: 4:35pm On Oct 03, 2019
hammed71:
lol you paid money to spiritualists
my Brother, it's good not to be desperate for anything in this life, i was scammed because my elder Brother was desperate, if not for him, i would not fail for it
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Graceee: 9:32pm On Oct 03, 2019
please applying for French tourist visa which is the most preffered Lagos or Abuja??
Can I just walk into vfs Abuja or lagos and submit my application without any appointmen
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Graceee: 10:01pm On Oct 03, 2019
Pls I stay in Abuja for now and I intend to submit visa application to French embassy.
I have checked the website to book appointment but it say ""No open seats for slelected centre""

PLEASE HOW CAN I DEAL WITH THIS?
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by johnsonm2g: 10:21pm On Oct 03, 2019
My dear, you don't have to book an appointment, just walk in and submit your application either in Abuja or Lagos
Graceee:
Pls I stay in Abuja for now and I intend to submit visa application to French embassy.
I have checked the website to book appointment but it say ""No open seats for slelected centre""

PLEASE HOW CAN I DEAL WITH THIS?

1 Like

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by ojiforeal: 11:46pm On Oct 04, 2019
Yh sure, Its a transit visa. As at the time i booked my flight Turkish Air was on the high side, I traveled with Egypt Air. Turkish fare came down back to almost the same price with Egypt Air fare a week before i traveled. But i have already booked the flight with egypt so i had to ignore.
Safiguy4u:

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by NIFES(f): 1:12pm On Oct 05, 2019
Good morning all.
Please how can I make a group application for a mother and her daughter?
Your assistance will be highly appreciated .
Thank you.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by omotolanibaby(f): 1:27pm On Oct 05, 2019
IrisWestAllen:
Good News!

congratulations
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by folmus: 7:34am On Oct 07, 2019
ojiforeal:
Yh sure, Its a transit visa. As at the time i booked my flight Turkish Air was on the high side, I traveled with Egypt Air. Turkish fare came down back to almost the same price with Egypt Air fare a week before i traveled. But i have already booked the flight with egypt so i had to ignore.

He is not talking about transit visa. With a valid Schengen visa and meet other requirements, you can get Turkish tourist visa
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Beverlyhills: 11:44am On Oct 08, 2019
My friend did appeal. They didn't even acknowledge receiving the appeal letter. Kept mute . After 60 days if theres no response the decision is same.

oshpumpin:
Hey pals. Please is there anyone here who has appealed the french visa refusal and got it successfully overturned. My application was refused on the ground that the information provided was not reliable. I am considering appealing this. Any info please....
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by faucon(m): 5:07pm On Oct 08, 2019
NIFES:
Good morning all.
Please how can I make a group application for a mother and her daughter?
Your assistance will be highly appreciated .
Thank you.

You can't quite do that online. Just make sure when do visit VFS, you make them aware it's for a mother and daughter.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by electromagnito: 5:46pm On Oct 08, 2019
Guys i need an honest opinion..... A masters degree or a one year non renewable resident permit; which should i go for.... france don scatter my head
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Alkidam(m): 6:43pm On Oct 08, 2019
Good evening hpuse i just got the following message today after i submitted my application on 30th of september.. what are my chances please.

Your processed passport has been received at the France Visa Application Centre on 10/8/2019 and is ready for collection. Incase you have opted for courier delivery, your passport will be couriered to the address provided by you at the time of submitting your application.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by davide470(m): 7:06pm On Oct 08, 2019
electromagnito:
Guys i need an honest opinion..... A masters degree or a one year non renewable resident permit; which should i go for.... france don scatter my head
Most people try to avoid the non renewable permit and go for another "cheap" Masters degree to keep staying back and that is actually not so bad though, i will advise you do that as long as you are able to sustain yourself for the duration. If you take the 1 year, then you may need to properly strategize and things may just work out.

Also, you can look at other countries offering free tuition within Europe (say Netherlands or ...etc) for a change of scenery.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by jj17cv(m): 8:28pm On Oct 08, 2019
@Alkidam
Your passport is ready for collection good luck
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by bibiliscious: 10:25am On Oct 10, 2019
Good morning All,

Silent reader, well done so far and just wanted to share .

Time line: (8 Working days)
Submitted Application - 26th September 2019
Application Acknowledgment Text message received from VFS - 27th September 2019
French embassy application acknowledgement email received from VFS - 30th September 2019
Passport ready email and text message from VFS - 8th October 2019
Passport delivered via Ups to my address - 9th October 2019

Travel history - (Dubai & US)
I got the Schengen visa - 3months (Oct - Jan) Multiple entries 30days a time

Document Submitted

* Completed visa form
* Travel Insurance
* Tour reservations
* Office promotion letter
* Office ID Card
* 6 months pay slip
* 2 Bank statements of account (Bal. 1.5M & 1.7m) with good inflow and outflow
* Copy of Tax card
* Copy of Valid Us visa
* Pictures of my fiancee and I as i wrote that we will be travelling together to celebrate his birthday, scout around for honeymoon locations
* CAC Document & Business ID Card (I have a side business)

The itinerary i submitted was to Paris only (7 days) but now i since i have 3 months i can plan and amend my dates i will like to visit paris (4days), Amsterdam(3days) and italy (3days) all in one trip

I hope this info helps anyone applying ,Many Thanks and Good luck to all.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Dare834: 7:10pm On Oct 10, 2019
Can you confirm if your reservations for hotel booking and flights were verifiable?

bibiliscious:
Good morning All,

Silent reader, well done so far and just wanted to share .

Time line: (8 Working days)
Submitted Application - 26th September 2019
Application Acknowledgment Text message received from VFS - 27th September 2019
French embassy application acknowledgement email received from VFS - 30th September 2019
Passport ready email and text message from VFS - 8th October 2019
Passport delivered via Ups to my address - 9th October 2019

Travel history - (Dubai & US)
I got the Schengen visa - 3months (Oct - Jan) Multiple entries 30days a time

Document Submitted

* Completed visa form
* Travel Insurance
* Tour reservations
* Office promotion letter
* Office ID Card
* 6 months pay slip
* 2 Bank statements of account (Bal. 1.5M & 1.7m) with good inflow and outflow
* Copy of Tax card
* Copy of Valid Us visa
* Pictures of my fiancee and I as i wrote that we will be travelling together to celebrate his birthday, scout around for honeymoon locations
* CAC Document & Business ID Card (I have a side business)

The itinerary i submitted was to Paris only (7 days) but now i since i have 3 months i can plan and amend my dates i will like to visit paris (4days), Amsterdam(3days) and italy (3days) all in one trip

I hope this info helps anyone applying ,Many Thanks and Good luck to all.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) ... (381) (Reply)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.