Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,671 members, 7,823,897 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:39 PM

Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... - Travel (112) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... (794966 Views)

Securing Visa To Italy / Hungarian Student Visa Application, Applying From Nigeria / I'm Afraid Of Applying For A Us Visa Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) ... (383) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Beverlyhills: 12:09pm On Dec 06, 2019
I think the poster means her friend from her previous application that led to the denial.

In my opinion, every application is treated as a fresh one. Dont think you should bring up that issue in your cover letter. Even though they may think you will still visit her irrespective of what you write.
They have your details already.

davodyguy:

Leave that part out.

She doesn't have a strong base yet
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by davodyguy: 12:18pm On Dec 06, 2019
Beverlyhills:
I think the poster means her friend from her previous application that led to the denial.

In my opinion, every application is treated as a fresh one. Dont think you should bring up that issue in your cover letter. Even though they may think you will still visit her irrespective of what you write.
They have your details already.

Yes, he should start on a clean slate.

Learn from previous error and pick up from there
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Haywhey: 6:56pm On Dec 06, 2019
davodyguy:

Yes, he should start on a clean slate.

Learn from previous error and pick up from there

Hi davodyguy, I am re-applying for tourist visa to Netherlands. In my application should I tick single entry or multiple entry. I should submit my application mid this month for Early February. Thanks
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by davodyguy: 6:57pm On Dec 06, 2019
Haywhey:

Hi davodyguy, I am re-applying for tourist visa to Netherlands. In my application should I tick single entry or multiple entry. I should submit my application mid this month for Early February. Thanks
1. When is travel date?
2. What's the refusal reason?
3. Please tick single entry
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by slim147(m): 8:31pm On Dec 06, 2019
I applied for France Visa. I submitted my documents last week Friday . I submitted all required documents and all looks good . I will update you after I pick up my passport . I hope it comes out good . Thanks

1 Like

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by omoalison: 9:44pm On Dec 06, 2019
Hi,
Thanks for sharing and congrats for your visa.
I have just finished applying for my mum to visit me but I can't find where to take appointment.
Can you please tell me how you booked appointment or did you just walk in?
The city is LAGOS.
Thanks.

bibiliscious:
Good morning All,

Silent reader, well done so far and just wanted to share .

Time line: (8 Working days)
Submitted Application - 26th September 2019
Application Acknowledgment Text message received from VFS - 27th September 2019
French embassy application acknowledgement email received from VFS - 30th September 2019
Passport ready email and text message from VFS - 8th October 2019
Passport delivered via Ups to my address - 9th October 2019

Travel history - (Dubai & US)
I got the Schengen visa - 3months (Oct - Jan) Multiple entries 30days a time

Document Submitted

* Completed visa form
* Travel Insurance
* Self introduction letter
* Tour reservations
* Hotel & Flight reservation
* Office promotion letter
* Letter of introduction from employer
* Office ID Card
* 6 months pay slip
* 2 Bank statements of account (Bal. 1.5M & 1.7m) with good inflow and outflow
* Copy of Tax card
* Copy of Valid Us visa
* Pictures of my fiancee and I as i wrote that we will be travelling together to celebrate his birthday, scout around for honeymoon locations
* CAC Document & Business ID Card (I have a side business)

The itinerary i submitted was to Paris only (7 days) but now i since i have 3 months i can plan and amend my dates i will like to visit paris (4days), Amsterdam(3days) and italy (3days) all in one trip

I hope this info helps anyone applying ,Many Thanks and Good luck to all.

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by omoalison: 9:46pm On Dec 06, 2019
Hi.
Thanks a lot.
I have done the online application but I don't seem to see where to take an appointment.
Can you please let me know what next?
Thanks a lot.

davide470:
Well, that means you know the basics. Let her apply for a short stay visa.. and you can provide an Attestation D'accueil for her to use alongside her application since she will be staying with you.

Wishing you a safe delivery smiley
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Beverlyhills: 10:16pm On Dec 06, 2019
Its walk in. She should be early, doors are open at 8am.

omoalison:
Hi.
Thanks a lot.
I have done the online application but I don't seem to see where to take an appointment.
Can you please let me know what next?
Thanks a lot.

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by omoalison: 12:32am On Dec 07, 2019
Oh, OK, Thanks a lot.

QUESTION PLEASE?

Does my mum need to write a cover letter? To prove her attachment back home.
She's applying to visit me for my child delivery.
I intend to do a letter to prove she'll return.
She was a house wife and had no office job.
She just stays at home and does petty business at home.
However, she helps my other sisters take care of their kids till they come back from work and pick them at her house.
How do I write all these to show her attachments back here in Nigeria?

Beverlyhills:
Its walk in. She should be early, doors are open at 8am.

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by davide470(m): 1:15pm On Dec 07, 2019
omoalison:
Oh, OK, Thanks a lot.

QUESTION PLEASE?

Does my mum need to write a cover letter? To prove her attachment back home.
She's applying to visit me for my child delivery.
I intend to do a letter to prove she'll return.
She was a house wife and had no office job.
She just stays at home and does petty business at home.
However, she helps my other sisters take care of their kids till they come back from work and pick them at her house.
How do I write all these to show her attachments back here in Nigeria?
Saying she is applying to visit for child delivery does not seem like a valid reason to me, but it is arguable though. It is better not to bring it up at all because it can also mean she is likely to overstay her visa.

'She is coming to visit you and explore France' looks fine, show proof that the two of you are related (birth certificates, pictures, others...), do the letter of return as you stated and also see below extract. Also there is nothing like "too much documents", hence submit anything you think that can show ties to her stay in Nigeria.

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by davodyguy: 1:05pm On Dec 08, 2019
Hello everyone

Below is an update on Alausa passport office.

Anyone interested can visit now

Morning sir...
The new enhance e passport has started at Alausa passport office now in case you have any body who wants to apply...
Thanks and God bless you sir

64 pages ten years
64 pages five years
32 pages five years

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by naijaboy756: 11:48am On Dec 10, 2019
Good day.

Please can one get France/Shengen visa without physically going for an interview?
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by slim147(m): 11:49am On Dec 10, 2019
slim147:
I applied for France Visa. I submitted my documents last week Friday . I submitted all required documents and all looks good . I will update you after I pick up my passport . I hope it comes out good . Thanks

I got this just now

How long more do I have to wait ?

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by davodyguy: 11:53am On Dec 10, 2019
slim147:

I got this just now

It depends.

From 5 working days to even 3 months.

It is luck
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by josephb(m): 1:33pm On Dec 10, 2019
Hi please did you get such message during your own time? how long from then to your collection date?

davodyguy:

It depends.

From 5 working days to even 3 months.

It is luck
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by josephb(m): 1:35pm On Dec 10, 2019
Could you please indicate if during submission you were regarded as a frequent flyer?

slim147:

I got this just now

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by davodyguy: 1:42pm On Dec 10, 2019
josephb:
Hi please did you get such message during your own time? how long from then to your collection date?

Submitted on 31st October, got notification of submission on 1st November, and visa granted on 12th November
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by josephb(m): 1:48pm On Dec 10, 2019
Okay, did you get such message as slim indicated? Reason been that you said he should wait from 5 days to even 3 months.

davodyguy:

Submitted on 31st October, got notification of submission on 1st November, and visa granted on 12th November
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by davodyguy: 1:57pm On Dec 10, 2019
josephb:
Okay, did you get such message as slim indicated?

It is generic message for everyone.

Nothing special in that message
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by josephb(m): 2:02pm On Dec 10, 2019
Yes, I got your point but seems you didn't get mine, how long did it take you to get your passports after receiving such message?

davodyguy:

It is generic message for everyone.

Nothing special in that message
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by davodyguy: 2:33pm On Dec 10, 2019
josephb:
Yes, I got your point but seems you didn't get mine, how long did it take you to get your passports after receiving such message?

Seems you're overwhelmed by anxiety on the application.

read what I posted earlier

davodyguy:

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by josephb(m): 3:04pm On Dec 10, 2019
Anxious about?

You replied slim; 5 working days to even three months, i was like, was your own case like that too?

davodyguy:

Seems you're overwhelmed by anxiety on the application.

read what I posted earlier

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by slim147(m): 6:10pm On Dec 10, 2019
josephb:

After few hours I got this

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by slim147(m): 6:13pm On Dec 10, 2019
Is this not too fast Cos I submitted just last week
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by josephb(m): 6:17pm On Dec 10, 2019
It's not too fast, I submitted on the 3rd of December, received the same message today, rushed down to VFS, we were granted 1month (Family of three) single entry visa.
Though I applied for multiple but only indicated Paris as the tourist city in the schengen territory.

slim147:
Is this not too fast Cos I submitted just last week
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by pufframmy: 7:43pm On Dec 10, 2019
can u share documents submited and congratulation

josephb:
It's not too fast, I submitted on the 3rd of December, received the same message today, rushed down to VFS, we were granted 1month (Family of three) single entry visa.
Though I applied for multiple but only indicated Paris as the tourist city in the schengen territories.

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by josephb(m): 11:14pm On Dec 10, 2019
Submitted on the 3rd of December 2019.
Applications received by the Embassy, 4th December.
Embassy Called the Hotel and Bank (Company Account) 6th December, 2019.
Visa issued 9th December, 2019
Received message for collection on the 10th (Today)
Picked up passports with 1 month Single Entry for 10 days stay (Stated 7 days on the application)

Previous Travel History
United Kingdom
United Arab Emirates (twice)
Ethiopia
Turkey

My Wife
United Arab Emirates (Twice)
Ethiopia
Turkey

My Son 2 Years Old
United Arab Emirates (Once)
Turkey (Once)

Documents submited

1.CAC Documents (All Limited Liabilities CAC documents)
2.Company Tax Clearance Certificate
3.Personal Tax and Receipts
4.Letter of Introduction in my company's Letter head signed and sealed (stated the main companies we do business with and gave the Consular the URL to my company's website to check out the main partnering companies both home and abroad).
5.Evidence of House property, detailed Strutural and Architectural Drawings, Deeds, Receipts Survey, Local and State Government approvals before commencement of constructions.
6.Company Bank Statements
7.Personal Statements
8.Joint Account Statements (I and my wife)
9.Paid Hotel Booking
10.Flight Itinerary
11. Insurance
12.My company's Detailed Profile
13.Well planned Tour Itinerary (From day one to day seven)
14.Copies of previous visas
15.Car documents were returned.
16. Marriage Certificate.

Wife
Her Registered Business Documents
Joint Account (She didn't include her Personal and Business Accounts)

Son
Letter from School
School receipts were returned and not collected
He also has a statement of account where we save his fees and other savings for him and this was collected

Basically Our Applications took 3 Working Days.

I WOULD LIKE TO ASK CAN A SINGLE ENTRY VISA BE USED TO OTHER SCHENGEN TERRITORIES?

pufframmy:
can u share documents submited and congratulation

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by pufframmy: 11:32pm On Dec 10, 2019
yes it can u move through train but not flight

josephb:
Submitted on the 3rd of December 2019.
Applications received by the Embassy, 4th December.
Embassy Called the Hotel and Bank(Company) 6th December, 2019.
Visa issued 9th December, 2019
Received message for collection on the 10th (Today)
Picked up passports with 1 month Single Entry for 10days (Stated 7 days on the application)

Previous Travel History
United Kingdom
United Arab Emirates (twice)
Ethiopia
Turkey

My Wife
United Arab Emirates (Twice)
Ethiopia
Turkey

My Son 2 Years Old
United Arab Emirates (Once)
Turkey (Once)

Documents submited

1.CAC Documents (All Limited Liabilities CAC documents)
2.Company Tax Clearance Certificate
3.Personal Tax and Receipts
4.Letter of Introduction in my company's Letter head signed and sealed (stated the main companies we do business with and gave the Consular the link to my company's website to check out the main partnering companies both home and abroad.
5.Evidence of House property, detailed Strutural and Architectural Drawings, Deeds, Receipts Survey, Local and State Government approvals before commencement of constructions.
6.Company Bank Statements
7.Personal Statements
8.Joint Account Statements (I and my wife)
9.Paid Hotel Booking
10.Flight Itinerary
11. Insurance
12.My company's Detailed Profile
13.Well planned Tour Itinerary (From day one to day seven)
14.Copies of previous visas
15.Car documents were returned.

Wife
Her Registered Business Documents
Joint Account (She didn't include her Personal and Business Accounts)

Son
Letter from School
School receipts were returned and not collected
He also has a statement of account where we store his fees and other savings for him which was collected

Basically Our Applications took 3 Working Days.

I WOULD LIKE TO ASK CAN A SINGLE ENTRY VISA BE USED TO OTHER SCHENGEN TERRITORIES?

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by josephb(m): 11:34pm On Dec 10, 2019
Okay thank you,
Have you travelled or know anyone who has done this before?

pufframmy:
yes it can u move through train but not flight

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by slim147(m): 12:24am On Dec 11, 2019
josephb:
Could you please indicate if during submission you were regarded as a frequent flyer?

I really don’t know about that ooo
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by davodyguy: 1:09am On Dec 11, 2019
While in Auckland, Dr Amidu had said I can give his contact to Nigerians trying to seek admission to the uni in NZL, but I forgot completely when I returned.

He lectures at University of Auckland and the Deputy HOD for faculty of Property
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by slim147(m): 1:11am On Dec 11, 2019
davodyguy:
While in Auckland, Dr Amidu had said I can give his contact to Nigerians trying to seek admission to the uni in NZL, but I forgot completely when I returned.

He lectures at University of Auckland and the Deputy HOD for faculty of Property

Give us his contact

(1) (2) (3) ... (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) ... (383) (Reply)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2

Viewing this topic: slimmiee(f) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.