Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,196 members, 7,953,711 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 12:12 AM

Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... - Travel (113) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... (873526 Views)

Securing Visa To Italy / Hungarian Student Visa Application, Applying From Nigeria / I'm Afraid Of Applying For A Us Visa Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) ... (414) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by josephb(m): 1:32am On Dec 11, 2019
What is the colour of the bag you were given?

slim147:

I really don’t know about that ooo
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by OmoBendel24: 2:06am On Dec 11, 2019
josephb:

I WOULD LIKE TO ASK CAN A SINGLE ENTRY VISA BE USED TO OTHER SCHENGEN TERRITORIES?

Yes, it can be used as such. All travels within the territory is considered as local, as long as you do not go out of the territory within that one visit, you are good and covered. The visa only admits you once into the territory, and you can move within member states freely by the various means of transportation, be careful however not to do a documented visit to other member state that exceeds the number of days done in the particular visa issuing State which is France in your case, such could brew issues for you in the nearest future.

Congratulations to you guys....

1 Like

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by josephb(m): 2:56am On Dec 11, 2019
Thank you so much for the clarification, however, i didn't state we will be visiting other Schengen areas, will this not affect future applications? as we would like to visit other two Schengen Members.

OmoBendel24:

Yes, it can be used as such. All travels within the territory is considered as local, as long as you do not go out of the territory within that one visit, you are good and covered. The visa only admits you once into the territory, and you can move within member states freely by the various means of transportation, be careful however not to do a documented visit to other member state that exceeds the number of days done in the particular visa issuing State which is France in your case, such could brew issues for you in the nearest future.

Congratulations to you guys....
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Cyberknight: 4:11am On Dec 11, 2019
josephb:
Thank you so much for the clarification, however, i didn't state we will be visiting other Schengen areas, will this not affect future applications? as we would like to visit other two Schengen Members.

It's OK if you visit other Schengen states with your visa as long as your visa clearly allows you entry into other Schengen states (bears the inscription "ETATS SCHENGEN'). It doesn't matter if you didn't mention it in your application as long as you comply with the other rules and your stay in France is the major purpose of your obtaining the visa from the French embassy, is not less than your stay in the other Schengen countries you visit, and is in line with what you filled in the form, etc.

There are no border controls within the Schengen Area so your passport is only stamped once at the point of entry into the zone. Make sure you have a coherent itinerary in case they ask to see it at immigration and carry a reasonable amount of cash commensurate with your proposed stay irrespective of whether you are going to use your bank cards or not. Most countries expect you to budget about 50 - 60 euro a day exclusive of hotel accommodation so I usually carry 500 euro for each proposed week of stay.

And this may sound trite, but ensure you carry printouts of everything, your ticket, hotel reservations, etc. I saw one chap at the immigration line in Charles de Gaulle last year who when asked about his trip now brought out his phone to start showing them something. Of course they took the phone, then took the chap off to the back room for further questioning.

2 Likes

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Heartsterling: 5:26am On Dec 11, 2019
What of France students thread ?
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by josephb(m): 7:04am On Dec 11, 2019
Thank you so much for the information.

Cyberknight:

It's OK if you visit other Schengen states with your visa as long as your visa clearly allows you entry into other Schengen states (bears the inscription "ETATS SCHENGEN'). It doesn't matter if you didn't mention it in your application as long as you comply with the other rules and your stay in France is the major purpose of your obtaining the visa from the French embassy, is not less than your stay in the other Schengen countries you visit, and is in line with what you filled in the form, etc.

There are no border controls within the Schengen Area so your passport is only stamped once at the point of entry into the zone. Make sure you have a coherent itinerary in case they ask to see it at immigration and carry a reasonable amount of cash commensurate with your proposed stay irrespective of whether you are going to use your bank cards or not. Most countries expect you to budget about 50 - 60 euro a day exclusive of hotel accommodation so I usually carry 500 euro for each proposed week of stay.

And this may sound trite, but ensure you carry printouts of everything, your ticket, hotel reservations, etc. I saw one chap at the immigration line in Charles de Gaulle last year who when asked about his trip now brought out his phone to start showing them something. Of course they took the phone, then took the chap off to the back room for further questioning.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by pufframmy: 7:16am On Dec 11, 2019
yes been to rome and milan doing easter period this year and i board a train from Milan to Switzerland
josephb:
Okay thank you,
Have you travelled or know anyone who has done this before?

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by josephb(m): 11:16am On Dec 11, 2019
Hi,
What was the outcome?
Please share...

slim147:

I really don’t know about that ooo
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by slim147(m): 11:51am On Dec 11, 2019
josephb:
What is the colour of the bag you were given?

Black
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by slim147(m): 11:58am On Dec 11, 2019
josephb:
Hi,
What was the outcome?
Please share...

What could be the mistake or omitted document as I wish to re-apply

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by josephb(m): 12:16pm On Dec 11, 2019
Did you submit a confirmed Hotel Booking?
Kindly list the documents submitted.

slim147:

What could be the mistake or omitted document as I wish to re-apply
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by josephb(m): 12:17pm On Dec 11, 2019
Means you were regarded as a first time traveller

slim147:

Black
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by slim147(m): 12:33pm On Dec 11, 2019
josephb:
Means you were regarded as a first time traveller

Oh ok thanks. Didn’t know lol
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by slim147(m): 12:36pm On Dec 11, 2019
josephb:
Did you submit a confirmed Hotel Booking?
Kindly list the documents submitted.

Hotel reservation
Flight ticket
Insurance
Cover letter from the company
Introduction letter from company
Leave letter from company
Original CAC
Company state of account - 6months (8M+ closing balance)
Personal state of account- 6months (1.9m) closing balance )
3 months payslip

What else is missing. All my documents are intact
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by josephb(m): 12:41pm On Dec 11, 2019
Sorry, who owns the company? I saw cover letter from the company, Leave Letter from the company, CAC documents.
Kindly tell who owns the company and importantly did you confirm your Hotel Booking with the Hotel in question?

slim147:

Hotel reservation
Flight ticket
Insurance
Original CAC
3 months payslip

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Beverlyhills: 3:02pm On Dec 11, 2019
Your purpose of stay here means you haven't provided them with a document or tour reservation you would be partaking in. Having a hotel reservation is one thing but as a tourist you need something to guide you visiting for the first time. Try to get some cancellable tours and reapply.
slim147:

Hotel reservation
Flight ticket
Insurance
Original CAC
3 months payslip

2 Likes

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by slim147(m): 4:06pm On Dec 11, 2019
josephb:
Sorry, who owns the company? I saw cover letter from the company, Leave Letter from the company, CAC documents.
Kindly tell who owns the company and importantly did you confirm your Hotel Booking with the Hotel in question?

My dad owns the company and I’m a director
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by slim147(m): 4:07pm On Dec 11, 2019
Beverlyhills:
Your purpose of stay here means you haven't provided them with a document or tour reservation you would be partaking in. Having a hotel reservation is one thing but as a tourist you need something to guide you visiting for the first time. Try to get some cancellable tours and reapply.

Okay how can I provide them with a document or tour reservation. Do you have an idea how to get that
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Beverlyhills: 5:09pm On Dec 11, 2019
Check Expedia ,ask them for cancellable tour. They should provide you with prices and their cancellation terms.

author=slim147 post=84826544]

Okay how can I provide them with a document or tour reservation. Do you have an idea how to get that[/quote]
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by youngprince111(m): 11:43am On Dec 12, 2019
Good news All, am a Silent reader on dis trend, I apply for France short stay Visa in February this year to travel during my Leave in May and was denied on the Ground of Justification for the Purpose was not provided, so i Decided to spend the Holiday in Dubai, I now decide to reapply with My Wife for the Christmas and New year Holiday, Visa Granted to 20th of January 2020.

Application Submitted 3rd of Dec.
Delivered to France Embassy 4th Dec.
Ready for Collection 10th of Dec.
Collected today 12th Dec.

Documents Submitted are.
1. Visa Application form with passport photo
2. Flight Reservation
3. Hotel Reservation.
4. Introduction Letter frm Company
5. Working ID card
6. 3 month Pay Slip
7. 3 month Statement of Salary Acct( 1.2m)
8. 3 month Statement of Personal Business Acc( 2.3m)
9. Pension Statement of Acct. (6.8m)
10. References Letter frm the Bank
11. CAC Certificate
12. Tax Clearance ID Card
13. Self Introduction Letter with Detailed Itinerary
14. Business Introduction Letter sign by my Secretary.
15. Insurance policy ( Axa Mansard)
16. Travel History ( South Africa, Dubai, Ethiopia, Ghana)

Wife Documents
1. Visa Application Form with Passport photo
2. Flight Reservation
3. Hotel Reservation
4. 3 month Statement of Account (140k)
5. Self Introduction Letter with Detailed Itinerary
6. No Travel History
7. My Business Introduction Letter Sign by my Secretary
8. Insurance policy ( Axa Mansard)

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by pufframmy: 12:32pm On Dec 12, 2019
WOW happy for you congrat did you submit your marriage certificate? wish you happy safe trip

youngprince111:
Good news All, am a Silent reader on dis trend, I apply for France short stay Visa in February this year to travel during my Leave in May and was denied on the Ground of Justification for the Purpose was not provided, so i Decided to spend the Holiday in Dubai, I now decide to reapply with My Wife for the Christmas and New year Holiday, Visa Granted to 20th of January 2020.

Documents Submitted are.
2. Flight Reservation
3. Hotel Reservation.
5. Working ID card
6. 3 month Pay Slip
11. CAC Certificate

Wife Documents
2. Flight Reservation
3. Hotel Reservation
6. No Travel History

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by youngprince111(m): 1:04pm On Dec 12, 2019
Yes including my Children's Birth Certificate
pufframmy:
WOW happy for you congrat did you submit your marriage certificate? wish you happy safe trip

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Beverlyhills: 1:06pm On Dec 12, 2019
Congrats
youngprince111:
Yes including my Children's Birth Certificate
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Graceee: 4:47pm On Dec 12, 2019
pufframmy:

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Graceee: 4:48pm On Dec 12, 2019
youngprince111:

Documents Submitted are.
2. Flight Reservation

Did you apply in Lagos or Abuja?
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by twnklshop: 8:24pm On Dec 12, 2019
youngprince111:

Documents Submitted are.
2. Flight Reservation
3. Hotel Reservation.
5. Working ID card
6. 3 month Pay Slip
11. CAC Certificate

Wife Documents
2. Flight Reservation
3. Hotel Reservation
6. No Travel History

Is there any appointment to submit your application at the France visa application centre in Lagos? I am not seeing anywhere to book an appointment for submission on the website. Or can I submit without a prior appointment?
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by youngprince111(m): 9:39pm On Dec 12, 2019
Lagos
Graceee:

Did you apply in Lagos or Abuja?
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by youngprince111(m): 9:43pm On Dec 12, 2019
You don't Need to book an appointment, jst walk in and Submit ur Application before 2pm.
twnklshop:

Is there any appointment to submit your application at the France visa application centre in Lagos? I am not seeing anywhere to book an appointment for submission on the website. Or can I submit without a prior appointment?
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by davodyguy: 12:25am On Dec 13, 2019
pufframmy:

Its impossible for a couple to send any application to any immigration office without marriage certificate
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by pufframmy: 8:34am On Dec 13, 2019
yes cause he didnt mention that why i asked
davodyguy:

Its impossible for a couple to send any application to any immigration office without marriage certificate
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Haywhey: 9:20am On Dec 13, 2019
Do I need Travel Tour Guide if I am visiting a friend who sent me an invitation?

Beverlyhills:
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by josephb(m): 9:25am On Dec 13, 2019
No you don't, except you also have intention to visit some tourist attractions.

Haywhey:
Do I need Travel Tour Guide if I am visiting a friend who sent me an invitation?

(1) (2) (3) ... (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) ... (414) (Reply)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.