Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,703 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:53 PM

Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... - Travel (114) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... (793509 Views)

Securing Visa To Italy / Hungarian Student Visa Application, Applying From Nigeria / I'm Afraid Of Applying For A Us Visa Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) ... (382) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by davodyguy: 9:49am On Dec 13, 2019
Haywhey:
Do I need Travel Tour Guide if I am visiting a friend who sent me an invitation?

Understand few things

1. Travel Tour Guide refers to a noun which could be a machine or human being that would guide you on your tour, showing you where to go. Your friend resident in FR can be a tour guide and you can get other tour guides on Viator or Tripadvisor.

2. Drawing tourist plan is not same as having a 'Travel Tour Guide'. You can draw up an itinerary say Monday, we visit Disneyland Paris, Tuesday we visit Louvre Museum, Wednesday Eiffel Tower, Thursday we visit Seine River Hop-On Hop-Off Sightseeing Cruise in Paris etc. You may need to have this plan, even though you have a host. Cause you can go to these tourist attractions solo or go with a Travel Tour Guide

A lot of people get refused visa on point 2: Justification of Travel not specified.
You need to tell the Immigration Officer how you are going, what you will be doing in the 1 month you intend to stay and when you would be returning.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Beverlyhills: 12:02pm On Dec 13, 2019
Is your friend sending you the Attestation d'accueil document? I suppose that's the letter of invitation you stated here. In my opinion, if this is your first time applying, get all the necessary documentation from your friend, if possible a cancellable tour voucher showing both your names. Remember they what to see and know how you would be spending your time with the said friend.

Haywhey:
Do I need Travel Tour Guide if I am visiting a friend who sent me an invitation?

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by twnklshop: 1:10pm On Dec 13, 2019
youngprince111:
You don't Need to book an appointment, jst walk in and Submit ur Application before 2pm.

Thank you very much for this.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Beverlyhills: 4:18pm On Dec 13, 2019
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Beverlyhills: 6:34pm On Dec 13, 2019
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Nobody: 1:15pm On Dec 14, 2019
Bro have you gotten your student Visa
TheNoble007:

Oh thank you. I was thinking that the process might be lengthy. And moreover, I am applying for a French student visa. My appointment is this Friday. I am thinking that applying for US student visa in Nigeria will be seamless. What do you think?
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Predstan: 5:34pm On Dec 14, 2019
NathanThugger:
Bro have you gotten your student Visa

Not sure he will be able to respond but he got his US student Visa and would have completed his First semester already.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Nobody: 5:48pm On Dec 14, 2019
Thanks bruh
Do France deny student visa at a high rate?
Predstan:

Not sure he will be able to respond but he got his US student Visa and would have completed his First semester already.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Predstan: 6:03pm On Dec 14, 2019
NathanThugger:
Thanks bruh
Do France deny student visa at a high rate?

Each profile is evaluated independently. But no. The approval rate is instead higher

1 Like

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by davido2017(m): 6:47pm On Dec 14, 2019
I submit my application on wednesday in vfs in lagos and did not put my marriage certificate hope am safe, or can i still go and add it, pls any advice plssssss. For sweden
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Nobody: 7:20pm On Dec 14, 2019
Thanks bruh �
Predstan:

Each profile is evaluated independently. But no. The approval rate is instead higher
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Nobody: 7:21pm On Dec 14, 2019
Are you going to study??
davido2017:
I submit my application on wednesday in vfs in lagos and did not put my marriage certificate hope am safe, or can i still go and add it, pls any advice plssssss. For sweden
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by pufframmy: 7:45pm On Dec 14, 2019
u cant add after submission oo only if they send u message to bring it now since u have already submitted your application
davido2017:
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by davido2017(m): 7:52pm On Dec 14, 2019
NathanThugger:
Are you going to study??
just going for 3days program
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Nobody: 8:42pm On Dec 14, 2019
Just Pray .......Sweden ain't difficult.
davido2017:
just going for 3days program
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by davido2017(m): 9:46pm On Dec 14, 2019
NathanThugger:
Just Pray .......Sweden ain't difficult.
thanks man, how many days will it take them to process it...
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by josephb(m): 1:52pm On Dec 15, 2019
Hi,
I would like to know can a France Schengen Tourist visa of up to a year validity (Multiple Entry) be requested for and granted? In such a way as to use it frequently as the likes of the UK and USA?

If yes how do one go about it?

Cyberknight:

It's OK if you visit other Schengen states with your visa as long as your visa clearly allows you entry into other Schengen states (bears the inscription "ETATS SCHENGEN'). It doesn't matter if you didn't mention it in your application as long as you comply with the other rules and your stay in France is the major purpose of your obtaining the visa from the French embassy, is not less than your stay in the other Schengen countries you visit, and is in line with what you filled in the form, etc.

There are no border controls within the Schengen Area so your passport is only stamped once at the point of entry into the zone. Make sure you have a coherent itinerary in case they ask to see it at immigration and carry a reasonable amount of cash commensurate with your proposed stay irrespective of whether you are going to use your bank cards or not. Most countries expect you to budget about 50 - 60 euro a day exclusive of hotel accommodation so I usually carry 500 euro for each proposed week of stay.

And this may sound trite, but ensure you carry printouts of everything, your ticket, hotel reservations, etc. I saw one chap at the immigration line in Charles de Gaulle last year who when asked about his trip now brought out his phone to start showing them something. Of course they took the phone, then took the chap off to the back room for further questioning.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Beverlyhills: 3:14pm On Dec 15, 2019
Unfortunately, there's no way to extend a Schengen tourist visa beyond 90 days. However, with some money in the bank, ingenuity and paperwork, it is possible to obtain a long-term visa in a specific Schengen country, which will work as a valid visa for the entire Schengen zone.

Apply for a long-term visa in France, Spain, Sweden, Italy or Germany. Research which country's long-term visa works best for the travel plans. For instance, some countries have longer application turnarounds than others. These visitor visas grant travel for one year at a time and while they don't require proof of study, they do require proof of sufficient funds. They want reassurance that there is no work being done illegally, so it is necessary to show proof that of self support. No set amount is listed by any of these countries.

author=josephb post=84929905]Hi,
I would like to know can a France Schengen Tourist visa of up to a year validity (Multiple Entry) be requested for and granted? In such a way as to use it frequently as the likes of the UK and USA?

[/quote]
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by josephb(m): 5:07pm On Dec 15, 2019
Hi
I believe I got a few from your explanations.

1.Are long-term visas not strictly for Students?
2.Will it ever be possible to issue a one year long-term visa for the purpose of visiting?
3.The one year long term visa you are talking about is it for the purpose of staying in the schengen territories for such length without recourse to public funds?
4.I only meant Long duration Visa such as the UK does.
5.Who can apply for a long term visa?

I hope to hear from you.

Beverlyhills:
Unfortunately, there's no way to extend a Schengen tourist visa beyond 90 days. However, with some money in the bank, ingenuity and paperwork, it is possible to obtain a long-term visa in a specific Schengen country, which will work as a valid visa for the entire Schengen zone.

Apply for a long-term visa in France, Spain, Sweden, Italy or Germany. Research which country's long-term visa works best for the travel plans. For instance, some countries have longer application turnarounds than others. These visitor visas grant travel for one year at a time and while they don't require proof of study, they do require proof of sufficient funds. They want reassurance that there is no work being done illegally, so it is necessary to show proof that of self support. No set amount is listed by any of these countries.

author=josephb post=84929905]Hi,

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by OmoBendel24: 5:12pm On Dec 15, 2019
josephb:
Hi,

You should have had and used a previous double/multiple entry Schengen Tourists/Visitors Visa as some sort of prerequisite, and must be able to demonstrate that you are or you will be a frequent traveller to the territory, especially with that previous visa, there are exceptions though, your job and its required frequent schengen travels for instance. And that you understand the 90 in 180 days rule of their visa usage.

My understanding though.

1 Like

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by josephb(m): 5:27pm On Dec 15, 2019
Hello,
From what I can deduce, you meant it's possible to be granted a 1 year validity with the option of maximum stay at intervals being 180 days and or 6 months validity with maximum stay at intervals being 90 days?

I HOPE THAT'S THE POINT?

OmoBendel24:

You should have had and used a previous double/multiple entry Schengen Tourists/Visitors Visa as some sort of prerequisite, and must be able to demonstrate that you are or you will be a frequent traveller to the territory, especially with that previous visa, there are exceptions though, your job and its required frequent schengen travels for instance. And that you understand the 90 in 180 days rule of their visa usage.

My understanding though.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by davodyguy: 10:35pm On Dec 15, 2019
Beverlyhills:
https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/breaking-nigeria-suspends-turkish-airlines.html
Its been resolved.

Suspension was to start tomorrow 16th December, 2019 but Turkish Airlines met with Government officials last Friday and even today as well.

I'm traveling in a couple of days with 4 nights first at Istanbul and 10 nights in Schengen area. We booked Turkish Airlines, which made me worried
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by alien1: 12:35pm On Dec 16, 2019
davido2017:
thanks man, how many days will it take them to process it...
go chill out o...
submitted mine since November 29th at Abuja, no word from them. heard it takes 3 to 5 weeks
update: visa was denied, got my passport via return courier today.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Cyberknight: 2:01pm On Dec 16, 2019
josephb:
Hi,

Multiple -entry visas are possible, but I don't think you can get one for tourism. Most multiple-entry Schengen visas issued are for frequent travelers for business purposes, so you need to have a history of travel for business reasons to the Schengen Area first. Most of the people I know who have had one were business people, including a chap who used to go frequently to buy things from Germany for sale here and another chap whose company used to send him to attend meetings and trainings in France.

I have a Turkish friend who had a 3-year one which she used occasionally for vacationing, but she told me she'd usually sign up for one conference here and there to justify the trip.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by OmoBendel24: 2:27pm On Dec 16, 2019
josephb:
Hello,
From what I can deduce, you meant it's possible to be granted a 1 year validity with the option of maximum stay at intervals being 180 days and or 6 months validity with maximum stay at intervals being 90 days?

I HOPE THAT'S THE POINT?

The below images may be of help sir.

1 Like

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by josephb(m): 4:16pm On Dec 16, 2019
Hello thank you so much, just came across this information for the first time.
Very informative.

OmoBendel24:

The below images may be of help sir.

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by josephb(m): 4:18pm On Dec 16, 2019
I got the whole point....Thank you so much.

Cyberknight:

Multiple -entry visas are possible, but I don't think you can get one for tourism. Most multiple-entry Schengen visas issued are for frequent travelers for business purposes, so you need to have a history of travel for business reasons to the Schengen Area first. Most of the people I know who have had one were business people, including a chap who used to go frequently to buy things from Germany for sale here and another chap whose company used to send him to attend meetings and trainings in France.

I have a Turkish friend who had a 3-year one which she used occasionally for vacationing, but she told me she'd usually sign up for one conference here and there to justify the trip.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by goldosa: 8:53pm On Dec 16, 2019
THIS IS NOT TRUE, I USED ITALIAN VISA THROUGH FLIGHT TO GERMANY......
pufframmy:
yes it can u move through train but not flight

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by pufframmy: 10:08pm On Dec 16, 2019
really enlighten us more bro
goldosa:
THIS IS NOT TRUE, I USED ITALIAN VISA THROUGH FLIGHT TO GERMANY......
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by goldosa: 9:57am On Dec 17, 2019
GOOD MORNING, YOUR VALID SCHENGEN VISA PERMITS YOU TO TRAVEL BY AIR TO ANY SCHENGEN STATE. I TRAVELED FROM Rome–Fiumicino International Airport TO Stuttgart Airport in Germany. but your passport wont be stamped, just to identify you.
pufframmy:
really enlighten us more bro
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by goldosa: 10:10am On Dec 17, 2019
TRUST ME, I HAVE USED A CANCELLED HOTEL BOOKING AND THE VISA WAS GRANTED. THE EMBASSY DONT EXPECT YOU TO PAY FOR IT BEFORE VISA GRANTED. THANKS
mialate:
Was denied straight up. Dated 19/02/2018 ( that’s for a 2019 application ).

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Beverlyhills: 11:39am On Dec 17, 2019
Please read the short story and other point before arriving at your conclusion.

goldosa:
TRUST ME, I HAVE USED A CANCELLED HOTEL BOOKING AND THE VISA WAS GRANTED. THE EMBASSY DONT EXPECT YOU TO PAY FOR IT BEFORE VISA GRANTED. THANKS

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) ... (382) (Reply)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2

Viewing this topic: Chigirl23401 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.