Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,432 members, 7,836,734 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:03 PM

Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... - Travel (117) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... (802326 Views)

Securing Visa To Italy / Hungarian Student Visa Application, Applying From Nigeria / I'm Afraid Of Applying For A Us Visa Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) ... (388) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Ibukunstar(f): 1:46pm On Dec 24, 2019
Ibukunstar:
Merry Christmas in advance people. Please I need help. I finished secondary school education in 2010. Not furthered since then. I run my businesses. I am now married with 3 kids I intend travelling to either Canada or France for study then try to get residency so I can bring in my children please what's d best way to go about it and what are my chances considering how long I have finished secondary school, my age marital status and others. Though I can take any exam to back up this but I don't know where to start please help

Help needed pls
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by davido2017(m): 4:09pm On Dec 24, 2019
alien1:

go chill out o...
submitted mine since November 29th at Abuja, no word from them. heard it takes 3 to 5 weeks
update: visa was denied, got my passport via return courier today.
oo so sorry but if i may ask what is the visa type and why are you denied cause am going for a program which will just last 3 days
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by davido2017(m): 4:30pm On Dec 24, 2019
alien1:

go chill out o...
submitted mine since November 29th at Abuja, no word from them. heard it takes 3 to 5 weeks
update: visa was denied, got my passport via return courier today.
is it sweden
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by davodyguy: 5:51pm On Dec 24, 2019
Now in Paris.

Thank God for Journey mercy from Istanbul.

It's 5:50pm and already dark. shocked

3 Likes

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by alien1: 6:30pm On Dec 24, 2019
davido2017:
is it sweden
Yes
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by alien1: 6:33pm On Dec 24, 2019
davido2017:
oo so sorry but if i may ask what is the visa type and why are you denied cause am going for a program which will just last 3 days
Visit visa... Was invited by a friend

1 Like

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by davide470(m): 7:40pm On Dec 24, 2019
Ibukunstar:
Merry Christmas in advance people. Please I need help. I finished secondary school education in 2010. Not furthered since then. I run my businesses. I am now married with 3 kids I intend travelling to either Canada or France for study then try to get residency so I can bring in my children please what's d best way to go about it and what are my chances considering how long I have finished secondary school, my age marital status and others. Though I can take any exam to back up this but I don't know where to start please help
Almost all the Bachelor degree program in France are in French so you will need to dedicate 1 year to master the language before you commence studies. Do a search for UG programs and see their requirements.

For Canada, you can ask on the Canadian Study thread.

Bringing your children is a whole different ball game, so i will advise you to cross that bridge when the time comes.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by davide470(m): 7:49pm On Dec 24, 2019
davodyguy:
Now in Paris.

Thank God for Journey mercy from Istanbul.

It's 5:50pm and already dark. shocked
Welcome to France and hope the journey was smooth.

Livry-Gangan is on the outskirt of Paris though and do have fun!
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by davodyguy: 11:04pm On Dec 24, 2019
davide470:
Welcome to France and hope the journey was smooth.

Livry-Gangan is on the outskirt of Paris though and do have fun!
Yes.

It's predominantly residential and 100% quiet.

What's your suggestion on the kind of pass we should get and economical as well?

Thanks
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by davide470(m): 10:08am On Dec 25, 2019
davodyguy:

Yes.

It's predominantly residential and 100% quiet.

What's your suggestion on the kind of pass we should get and economical as well?

Thanks
Yeah, the suburbs are very quiet. Movement in Paris today is highly limited. Almost all the train stations are closed except the automated ones (M1 and M14) and most of the Trams, so getting a pass won't really be needed.

If you intend to go out today with the fam, you can do an Uber or Taxi to Musée du Louvre (Louvre Musuem), then walk to Ponts des Arts (Love Bridge) and Arc de Triomphe as they are closeby. Thereafter, take another Uber to Eiffel Tower...and call it a day.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by davodyguy: 10:11am On Dec 25, 2019
davide470:
Yeah, the suburbs are very quiet. Movement in Paris today is highly limited. Almost all the train stations are closed except the automated ones (M1 and M14) and most of the Trams.

If you intend to go out today with the fam, you can do an Uber or Taxi to Musée du Louvre (Louvre Musuem), then walk to Ponts des Arts (Love Bridge) and Arc de Triomphe as they are closeby. Thereafter, take another Uber to Eiffel Tower...and call it a day.
We have a big bus Tour around today.

My resident contact suggested we take 613 bus to AOLNAU and then take a train

What do you suggest?
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by electromagnito: 10:32am On Dec 25, 2019
Paris for now is crap due ti the present grève, all means of transportation are grounded except for private cab which are very expensive..... my advice.... if you are coming to paris for vacation .. book hotel within paris at least trekking won't be difficult ���������, last week friday i had to trek from porte de la chapalle to Paris saint lazare to catch M14.... all limited bus were full to brim.... best of luck
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by davide470(m): 10:59am On Dec 25, 2019
davodyguy:

We have a big bus Tour around today.

My resident contact suggested we take 613 bus to AOLNAU and then take a train

What do you suggest?
Don't risk it. Cab to where the big bus tour is.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by davodyguy: 8:14pm On Dec 25, 2019
davide470:
Don't risk it. Cab to where the big bus tour is.
We actually took
Bus 613 to Fenville
Tram to Aulnay Sous Boi
Metro to Gare Du Nore
Bus 45 to Opera.

We didn't pay a dime. All free cos of Christmas Day

1 Like

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by davide470(m): 11:44pm On Dec 25, 2019
davodyguy:

We actually took
Bus 613 to Fenville
Tram to Aulnay Sous Boi
Metro to Gare Du Nord
Bus 45 to Opera.

We didn't pay a dime. All free cos of Christmas Day
Oh that's great then! smiley
Hope the switch wasn't too stressful.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by davodyguy: 12:22am On Dec 26, 2019
davide470:
Oh that's great then! smiley
Hope the switch wasn't too stressful.
Before nko?

We are strangers here, so expect those minor hiccups. Moreso, many people don't speak English here. I studied French for about 3 months in 2009, that helped me with some pronunciation. Once you say hello, next is la comprehend Francais' non anglais.

Luckily I bought this Tep Europe sim card. I kept getting in touch with our host. The guy was very helpful and kept sending travel guide

Guy, the cold here is something else.

Istanbul was child's play.

My wife told me a puff of "cloud smoke" billows out of my mouth, then I knew something's changing in my system.

I hail una oo

2 Likes

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by pufframmy: 7:42am On Dec 26, 2019
continue the enjoyment bro i really wish i can see how the cold is doing this period over there
davodyguy:

Before nko?

We are strangers here, so expect those minor hiccups. Moreso, many people don't speak English here. I studied French for about 3 months in 2009, that helped me with some pronunciation. Once you say hello, next is la comprehend Francais' non anglais.

Luckily I bought this Tep Europe sim card. I kept getting in touch with our host. The guy was very helpful and kept sending travel guide

Guy, the cold here is something else.

Istanbul was child's play.

My wife told me a puff of "cloud smoke" billows out of my mouth, then I knew something's changing in my system.

I hail una oo
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by davodyguy: 4:21pm On Dec 26, 2019
Transportation chaos here in Paris is super normal.

Wrong Travel time cry
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Beverlyhills: 5:14pm On Dec 26, 2019
I can imagine. My friend spent the Christmas alone because her kids cant make it to Paris to celebrate with her.
Its hard....

davodyguy:
Transportation chaos here in Paris is super normal.

Wrong Travel time cry
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by mikylon(m): 9:45am On Dec 28, 2019
Good day fam,
I intend travelling with my family of 5 to france and Amsterdam, hopefully do 8days in france and 6 days in amsterdam sometime in June as that my available vacation window. The kids school would still be in session, that shouldnt be a problem as the most senior is 3yrs old.
My question is do my my wife also have to provide her bank statement being that i am the major sponsor and its going to be there first international travel. I have been to norway (once) and amsterdam (twice) for official work. So this would be our first trip for tourism as a family.
Also the itinerary of event to support the document for submission at VFS, do i need to pay for the tours or a reservation will do. (which sites can i use in making the tours booking).
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Beverlyhills: 1:38pm On Dec 28, 2019
Your travel profile looks good that should speak well in their favour however, if your wife is employed she should include her work documentation as well as her bank statement irrespective of the sponsor and bank balance as at the day of printing.
If she is a homemaker, do well to include a detailed letter of introduction for her and also her bank statement irrespective of the sponsorship. This goes to show she has a financial standing even as a homemaker.

Lastly , it's more of your responsibility as the sponsor to provide everything as required for the application.
For tours its ideal you get cancellable /refundable tours. Check Expedia tours. Read the terms and conditions that apply.

mikylon:
Good day fam,
I intend travelling with my family of 5 to france and Amsterdam, hopefully do 8days in france and 6 days in amsterdam sometime in June as that my available vacation window. The kids school would still be in session, that shouldnt be a problem as the most senior is 3yrs old.
My question is do my my wife also have to provide her bank statement being that i am the major sponsor and its going to be there first international travel. I have been to norway (once) and amsterdam (twice) for official work. So this would be our first trip for tourism as a family.
Also the itinerary of event to support the document for submission at VFS, do i need to pay for the tours or a reservation will do. (which sites can i use in making the tours booking).

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by davodyguy: 6:39pm On Dec 28, 2019
No society is free from crimes and criminals, and it's also not possible for the system to apprehend them all.

I was almost robbed today at the Subway at Gare Du Nord in Paris.

Due to the protests today, most of the buses didn't operate fully and we were forced to use Subway enroute to Louvre via Chǎtelet

At M4 platform as we were about entering the train, I just saw a white fist reaching for my pocket in an attempt to pull out my purse and phone. My Naija sense at play, I caught the lady and hit her fist off.

A lot of people in the train then said that's how they do in Paris, stealing purses and phones.

I had ₦20,000
$78
€700 in the purse.

That would have been disastrous in this Buhariconomics.

Anyone coming to France now should watch it and wait till after the strike
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by davodyguy: 8:35pm On Dec 28, 2019
Beverlyhills:
Your travel profile looks good that should speak well in their favour however, if your wife is employed she should include her work documentation as well as her bank statement irrespective of the sponsor and bank balance as at the day of printing.
If she is a homemaker, do well to include a detailed letter of introduction for her and also her bank statement irrespective of the sponsorship. This goes to show she has a financial standing even as a homemaker.

Lastly , it's more of your responsibility as the sponsor to provide everything as required for the application.
For tours its ideal you get cancellable /refundable tours. Check Expedia tours. Read the terms and conditions that apply.

I think you're right.
Since 24th, we are yet to do our Seine River Cruise. If not strike, it's something else.

Today the Batobus cancelled the cruise, claiming the Seine River has risen.

They said if we can't get on the boat, we can ask for our full refund.

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by omoalison: 9:25pm On Dec 28, 2019
Hi,
So sorry I'm just responding.
I was admitted in the hospital before Christmas and gave birth before the expected date. I'm still in here.
I hope your holiday is going on not so bad...
Had to check Livry Gargan online; Never heard of it... It's quite some transport distance from Paris and I can imagine what you must have gone through so far.
I do wish you as much fun as possible though.

davodyguy:

Thanks for reaching out.

We should be arriving Paris Tomorrow by God's grace via Turkish airlines from Istanbul.

Since you stay in Paris, we can chat through mail. Wouldn't want to stress you or your fiance much, but you can just assist with directions to strategic places for family fun fair and shopping.

Paris is a bit too expensive for my liking and January is few days ahead and no one wants to spend money on tourism and become broke in January.

That's the plan.

We would be staying in Livry-Gangan
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by davodyguy: 10:12pm On Dec 28, 2019
omoalison:
Hi,
I was admitted in the hospital before Christmas and gave birth before the expected date. I'm still in here.
Had to check Livry Gargan online; Never heard of it... It's quite some transport distance from Paris and I can imagine what you must have gone through so far.

Eeya

Hope you're doing well now.

We are trying to survive but it's unfortunate the timing of our trip. Transportation here is chaotic and I don't want to be spending on Taxis. The exchange rate is Crazy. ₦407 to €1

It's cheaper on RATP and RER.

For us to get to Paris daily, we must get to Gare Aulnay Sous Bois and then Gare Du Nord. Then the weather is not too cool for us resident in Nigeria and used to 30°. Now we are doing 8°
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Beverlyhills: 10:31pm On Dec 28, 2019
Oh no. It's always the case with the Ro people in Paris key pick pockets . Lol if you know you

Hope the strike ends soon though but seems far fetched.
It's getting harder...

https://www.connexionfrance.com/French-news/France-s-strike-actions-set-to-continue

davodyguy:
No society is free from crimes and criminals, and it's also not possible for the system to apprehend them all.

Due to the protests today, most of the buses didn't operate fully and we were forced to use Subway enroute to Louvre via Chǎtelet

At M4 platform as we were about entering the train, I just saw a white fist reaching for my pocket in an attempt to pull out my purse and phone. My Naija sense at play, I caught the lady and hit her fist off.

A lot of people in the train then said that's how they do in Paris, stealing purses and phones.

I had ₦20,000
$78
€700 in the purse.

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by davodyguy: 10:38pm On Dec 28, 2019
Beverlyhills:
Oh no. It's always the case with the Ro people in Paris key pick pockets . Lol if you know you know.

My wife said she wanted to smash her face, but I told her it's not worth it. Thank God she didn't succeed..

In 2015, it was inside Ethiopian Airline when returning from Tokyo that my purse was emptied. The criminal took the money and left the purse. At the overhead store, he opens my hand luggage and emptied my purse.

I've been a victim couple of times
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Beverlyhills: 10:39pm On Dec 28, 2019
Congrats to you and yours...

omoalison:
Hi,

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Beverlyhills: 10:42pm On Dec 28, 2019
Yes it's definitely not worth it.

davodyguy:

My wife said she wanted to smash her face, but I told her it's not worth it. Thank God she didn't succeed..

In 2015, it was inside Ethiopian Airline when returning from Tokyo that my purse was emptied. The criminal took the money and left the purse. At the overhead store, he opens my hand luggage and emptied my purse.

I've been a victim couple of times
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by mikylon(m): 12:02am On Dec 29, 2019
Beverlyhills:

Thanks so much for the info. very helpful. I appreciate.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by davodyguy: 7:52am On Dec 29, 2019
7:52am in Paris and the sky is still very dark this Sunday Morning.

God is wonderful

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by pufframmy: 8:23am On Dec 29, 2019
wow a lady thief na wa oo
davodyguy:

I had ₦20,000
$78
€700 in the purse.

(1) (2) (3) ... (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) ... (388) (Reply)

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2

Viewing this topic: Zoey1 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.