Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,784 members, 7,810,044 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:17 PM

Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... - Travel (136) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... (786916 Views)

Securing Visa To Italy / Hungarian Student Visa Application, Applying From Nigeria / I'm Afraid Of Applying For A Us Visa Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) ... (381) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Davidson5(m): 11:47am On Mar 05, 2020
I was refused Visa today based on
... " there are reasonable doubts I will be leaving schengen zone after the expiration of my Visa."
So pained man.

How can I correct this even if I reapply.
Thank you guys.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by HRprof: 11:53am On Mar 05, 2020
Let us know the documents you submitted to advise you better

Davidson5:
I was refused Visa today based on
... " there are reasonable doubts I will be leaving schengen zone after the expiration of my Visa."
So pained man.

How can I correct this even if I reapply.
Thank you guys.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by HRprof: 12:01pm On Mar 05, 2020
Can you please drop the important info here. Thanks

surplusbaba:
Kindly drop ur number. I have an important info to discuss with you. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Davidson5(m): 12:27pm On Mar 05, 2020
HRprof:
Let us know the documents you submitted to advise you better

Ok,
Appointment letter
Application of annual leave
Payslips
Confirmation of appointment
Uncle's account over 70m
Purpose is tourism 7 days.
Hotel booked
Flight reservation
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by realadesco(m): 12:40pm On Mar 05, 2020
Please house I saw on vfs global website that appointment booking with start from today. Am about to go for submission tomorrow, can anybody enlighten me more pls
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Ashirioluwa: 12:41pm On Mar 05, 2020
Davidson5:

Ok,
Appointment letter
Payslips
Uncle's account over 70m
Hotel booked
Flight reservation

Is your uncle sponsoring your trip?
Red flag number 1

1 Like

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Davidson5(m): 1:15pm On Mar 05, 2020
Ashirioluwa:

Is your uncle sponsoring your trip?
Red flag number 1

Yes.
But they didn't indicate about the sponsorship...
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Cyberknight: 2:30pm On Mar 05, 2020
Davidson5:

Ok,
Appointment letter
Payslips
Uncle's account over 70m
Hotel booked
Flight reservation

Answer to your question is right there.

Why would an uncle be sponsoring a vacation for an adult with their own income?

You need to show that you can afford a holiday yourself.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by HRprof: 3:00pm On Mar 05, 2020
Is your uncle in Nigeria?
If yes then he can not sponsor you as an adult

I will advice you to fund your own account or your uncle can help you run your account with inflow and outflow for 3 months then go back to the embassy as self sponsor

Davidson5:

Yes.
But they didn't indicate about the sponsorship...

2 Likes

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Davidson5(m): 4:10pm On Mar 05, 2020
HRprof:
Is your uncle in Nigeria?
If yes then he can not sponsor you as an adult

I will advice you to fund your own account or your uncle can help you run your account with inflow and outflow for 3 months then go back to the embassy as self sponsor

Thanks you boss

Assuming I want to apply back with my personal account... how long should wait to reapply?

1 Like

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Beverlyhills: 7:42pm On Mar 05, 2020
In this case, you can use 3months of your salary account since you have a paid verifiable employment.
Create a tie with that.

Avoid packing funds , if you can give it 4 months space and get 3 months bank statement printed .

quote author=Davidson5 post=87191557]
Thanks you boss

Assuming I want to apply back with my personal account... how long should wait to reapply?[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by elegantxxx: 10:09pm On Mar 06, 2020
PLEASE DO YOU PAY TO BOOK APPOINTMENT FOR ITALY VISA APPLICATION?

1 Like

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by 1blessing: 8:32am On Mar 07, 2020
Good day everyone, I intend visiting France for few hours or rather a day. I have UK visa and travelling to UK soon with airfrance/klm flight. How can I get the visa without going through so much documents submission. Though I will be having a stop over at Paris for few hours. Please advise the best way to go about it.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Iyiolapo2010(m): 9:11am On Mar 08, 2020
Goodey my ppl pls are we going to paying for appointment or booking is free
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Beverlyhills: 2:47pm On Mar 08, 2020
On the VFS website, you pick a date and in the payment section you are expected to pay VFS service charge of N 9,300 on line through Sterling Bank to VFS Abuja( dont panic even if you picked Lagos)Cuŕrently, i dont know if the booking errors have been sorted out.

Someone i know walked in to submit on thursday last week after putting a call across to their Customer service.

The Visa fee of €80 is to be paid for upon Submission.
So if you are having same difficulty best call them .

quote author=Iyiolapo2010 post=87259755]Goodey my ppl pls are we going to paying for appointment or booking is free [/quote]

3 Likes

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Iyiolapo2010(m): 3:12pm On Mar 08, 2020
@Beverlyhills

Thanks so much for the information
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by 1blessing: 12:39am On Mar 09, 2020
Good day everyone, I intend visiting France for few hours or rather a day. I have UK visa and travelling to UK soon with airfrance/klm flight. How can I get the visa without going through so much documents submission. Though I will be having a stop over at Paris for few hours. Please advise the best way to go about it.

Please respond to this.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by davide470(m): 8:54am On Mar 09, 2020
1blessing:

Please respond to this.
If i understand you correctly, then the below applies:

Before Jan. 31 2020, you wouldn't have needed a visa since UK was an EU country but now, you need to apply for a transit visa.

You can read up Transit visa here:
https://france-visas.gouv.fr/en_US/web/france-visas/airport-transit-visa
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by ForkDragnet: 9:21am On Mar 09, 2020
Has anyone gotten a response from the Portugal embassy?

I applied for a schengen visa since 16th of January up till this moment I am yet to get a response from them

Did anyone apply around this time too and has he/she gotten a response?
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Cyberknight: 9:26am On Mar 09, 2020
davide470:

Before Jan. 31 2020, you wouldn't have needed a visa since UK was an EU country but now, you need to apply for a transit visa.

The bolded is not true. UK visas have never been recognised for entry into the Schengen area and vice versa.

Secondly, if a Nigerian passport holder, the poster needs a Schengen "C" visa to enter France, not an "A" transit visa. We've answered this question a page or 2 previously.

1 Like

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Beverlyhills: 9:35am On Mar 09, 2020
Contact VFS to ask ,they are in the best position to tell
You the next step to take.

quote author=ForkDragnet post=87288059]Has anyone gotten a response from the Portugal embassy?

I applied for a schengen visa since 16th of January up till this moment I am yet to get a response from them

Did anyone apply around this time too and has he/she gotten a response?[/quote]
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by 1blessing: 10:30am On Mar 09, 2020
thanks so much.
Cyberknight:

The bolded is not true. UK visas have never been recognised for entry into the Schengen area and vice versa.

Secondly, if a Nigerian passport holder, the poster needs a Schengen "C" visa to enter France, not an "A" transit visa. We've answered this question a page or 2 previously.

1 Like

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by 1blessing: 10:30am On Mar 09, 2020
i appreciate.

davide470:

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by davide470(m): 10:46am On Mar 09, 2020
Cyberknight:

From what i understood from her write-up, she is stopping over at France to transit to the UK.

Before Brexit, you can transit with a valid UK visa.

That's my point.

1 Like

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Cyberknight: 11:20am On Mar 09, 2020
davide470:
From what i understood from her write-up, she is stopping over at France to transit to the UK.

Before Brexit, you can transit with a valid UK visa.

That's my point.

The poster isn't transiting in the sense of just passing through the airport and getting on a connecting flight, as she said, she's planning to enter France for a few hours or a day.

Secondly, I don't think that Brexit has changed anything about the waiver of a transit visa for those connecting through CDG or Schiphol to the UK/Ireland, USA, Canada, etc. There is still an ongoing transition period to the end of this year when everything remains the same. However, I haven't yet travelled this year or heard anything in this regard from anyone who has, so I stand to be corrected anyway.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by ForkDragnet: 12:34pm On Mar 09, 2020
Beverlyhills:
Contact VFS to ask ,they are in the best position to tell
You the next step to take.

quote author=ForkDragnet post=87288059]Has anyone gotten a response from the Portugal embassy?

Did anyone apply around this time too and has he/she gotten a response?
thanks
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by rheene009: 6:34pm On Mar 09, 2020
Hello guys, i have a Schengen tourist visa "single entry". I was told i can also apply for a Turkish e-visa. i would like to ask how does this work. Can i apply for Turkish e-visa before i travel to France or when i get to France.

I plan to book a multi-city ticket. Lagos to Paris, Paris to Istanbul, Istanbul to lagos.

Thanks
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Nobody: 6:57pm On Mar 09, 2020
with a single entry you cannot apply for turkey e visa
rheene009:
Hello guys, i have a Schengen tourist visa "single entry". I was told i can also apply for a Turkish e-visa. i would like to ask how does this work. Can i apply for Turkish e-visa before i travel to France or when i get to France.

I plan to book a multi-city ticket. Lagos to Paris, Paris to Istanbul, Istanbul to lagos.

Thanks
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by HRprof: 7:01pm On Mar 09, 2020
I just got notification email that the conference I plan to attend has been cancelled because of Corona virus. And I got my visa for that purpose, will I have any problem at my arrival if I use it to visit Paris before it expired ?
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Nobody: 7:09pm On Mar 09, 2020
not at all
HRprof:
I just got notification email that the conference I plan to attend has been cancelled because of Corona virus. And I got my visa for that purpose, will I have any problem at my arrival if I use it to visit Paris before it expired ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) ... (381) (Reply)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2

Viewing this topic: Michaelcoolid88 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.