Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,921 members, 7,952,704 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 09:46 PM

Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... - Travel (189) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... (872918 Views)

Securing Visa To Italy / Hungarian Student Visa Application, Applying From Nigeria / I'm Afraid Of Applying For A Us Visa Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) ... (414) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by rockyryuks: 5:07pm On Nov 11, 2021
Please can anyone recommend hotel to stay in Paris that will be close to city centre and also cdg airport. I booked ibis cdg before but i changed my itinerary as i will be spending two weeks in paris now but ibis is saying i cnt extend my dates. I have checked other hotels but its hard to even know which to choose. I would appreciate. I am tired already
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by larade16(f): 5:13pm On Nov 11, 2021
rebless:

I appreciate your prompt response but lastly please how long was the duration of your visa process with them and how much was the cost of your passport courier return?
uwc...I went for Submission last week Thursday, i got a mail that it has been transferred to France embassy on Friday, then yesterday i got an emails from both France embassy( that it has been transferred to VFS) and VFS( that it has been sent to ups for delivery). So the process with them should be Friday-Wednesday(issue date was yesterday)

Then for the delivery, I think it was charged with the payment made while booking appointments for someone living in Lagos, then outside lagos attracts additional fee. I only paid for application fee on my submission day(40,015naira).

1 Like

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by rebless(m): 5:24pm On Nov 11, 2021
larade16:
uwc...I went for Submission last week Thursday, i got a mail that it has been transferred to France embassy on Friday, then yesterday i got an emails from both France embassy( that it has been transferred to VFS) and VFS( that it has been sent to ups for delivery). So the process with them should be Friday-Wednesday(issue date was yesterday)

Then for the delivery, I think it was charged with the payment made while booking

appointments for someone living in Lagos, then outside lagos attracts additional fee. I only paid for application fee on my submission day(40,015naira).

Very faster than before I’m very encouraged to make application as I have been to France myself in the past. Did you book flight tickets from the airline yourself if so which airline?
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by larade16(f): 5:42pm On Nov 11, 2021
rebless:

Very faster than before I’m very encouraged to make application as I have been to France myself in the past. Did you book flight tickets from the airline yourself if so which airline?
Yes i did with Airfrance, they canceled after 48hrs though...but at least i was able to present something, they don’t expect you to get a flight ticket when your visa has not been approved.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by esdajo: 6:22pm On Nov 11, 2021
Congratulations!

larade16:
Good Afternoon Fam, so my passport was delivered to me few mins ago with Visa Issued.

Documents submitted
*Filled application form
*Passport Data page
*Leadway Travel Insurance (one month)
*Employment letter
*Confirmation letter
*Promotion letter
*Introduction Letter from company
*Leave Approval letter
*Work ID Card
*Copies of previous visas ( had 2 previous Schengen visas and 1 previous UK visa)
*Copies of confirmed booked tours from Viator(3)
*Statement of account and payslips (3months)
*Flight Reservation
*Hotel Reservation
*Cover letter that includes my itinerary
*Covid vaccination card ( I actually made a print out after scanning the barcode on the card, that barcode on the print out can be scanned too and it will bring ones information).

Nairaland has done more than enough for me, thank you all.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by pufframmy: 6:25pm On Nov 11, 2021
how many months was given
larade16:
Good Afternoon Fam, so my passport was delivered to me few mins ago with Visa Issued.

Documents submitted
*Filled application form
*Passport Data page
*Leadway Travel Insurance (one month)
*Employment letter
*Confirmation letter
*Promotion letter
*Introduction Letter from company
*Leave Approval letter
*Work ID Card
*Copies of previous visas ( had 2 previous Schengen visas and 1 previous UK visa)
*Copies of confirmed booked tours from Viator(3)
*Statement of account and payslips (3months)
*Flight Reservation
*Hotel Reservation
*Cover letter that includes my itinerary
*Covid vaccination card ( I actually made a print out after scanning the barcode on the card, that barcode on the print out can be scanned too and it will bring ones information).

Nairaland has done more than enough for me, thank you all.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Beverlyhills: 6:30pm On Nov 11, 2021
Try Courtyard by Marriot Paris Roissy cdg airport

quote author=rockyryuks post=107528244]Please can anyone recommend hotel to stay in Paris that will be close to city centre and also cdg airport. I booked ibis cdg before but i changed my itinerary as i will be spending two weeks in paris now but ibis is saying i cnt extend my dates. I have checked other hotels but its hard to even know which to choose. I would appreciate. I am tired already[/quote]
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by larade16(f): 6:32pm On Nov 11, 2021
pufframmy:
one month, though i ticked multiple...those people are somehow

1 Like

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by davide470(m): 6:59pm On Nov 11, 2021
rockyryuks:
Please can anyone recommend hotel to stay in Paris that will be close to city centre and also cdg airport. I booked ibis cdg before but i changed my itinerary as i will be spending two weeks in paris now but ibis is saying i cnt extend my dates. I have checked other hotels but its hard to even know which to choose. I would appreciate. I am tired already
It would be advisable to stay in a hotel along the RER B Train network so you can easily take the train to CDG Airport from the nearest RER B station. So look for hotels around Chatelet Les-Halles, Denfert-Rochereau, Palais-Royal, Gare du Nord etc.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by davodyguy: 9:20pm On Nov 11, 2021
davide470:
It would be advisable to stay in a hotel along the RER B Train network so you can easily take the train to CDG Airport from the nearest RER B station. So look for hotels around Chatelet Les-Halles, Denfert-Rochereau, Palais-Royal, Gare du Nord etc.
Or Aulnay Sous Boi (my favorite station)
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by pufframmy: 9:58pm On Nov 11, 2021
ok na wa for them oo

larade16:
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by abnice2004: 12:26am On Nov 12, 2021
HAVE YOUR DIGITAL FINGERPRINT PREVIOUSLY BEEN TAKEN IN CONNECTION WITH A PREVIOUS APPLICATION FOR SHENGEN VISA? Does it mean if I have ever applied for a SHENGEN visa before? Thanks.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by rockyryuks: 5:05am On Nov 12, 2021
davide470:

Thanks for your response. Will check those out now. The thing is just frustrating me.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by rockyryuks: 5:05am On Nov 12, 2021
Alright. Thank you

Beverlyhills:
Try Courtyard by Marriot Paris Roissy cdg airport

quote author=rockyryuks post=107528244]Please can anyone recommend hotel to stay in Paris that will be close to city centre and also cdg airport. I booked ibis cdg before but i changed my itinerary as i will be spending two weeks in paris now but ibis is saying i cnt extend my dates. I have checked other hotels but its hard to even know which to choose. I would appreciate. I am tired already
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Ashirioluwa: 11:06am On Nov 12, 2021
abnice2004:
HAVE YOUR DIGITAL FINGERPRINT PREVIOUSLY BEEN TAKEN IN CONNECTION WITH A PREVIOUS APPLICATION FOR SHENGEN VISA? Does it mean if I have ever applied for a SHENGEN visa before? Thanks.

If you applied for schengen visa before and you were fingerprinted during submission process
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by CyberBishop(m): 5:32pm On Nov 12, 2021

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Owolabi2122: 5:57pm On Nov 12, 2021
Good Evening House...

Please, I need you guys input here.

I have a limited registered company and I want to apply for Schengen Visa either France or Spain and I don't want to use any travel agent at all!

My questions goes thus:

1.) What are the documents I need to present as owner of the company? Though the company is just 2yrs now.

2.) Do I need my company account cuz am account to open one for my company soon or my individual regular current account is okay?

3.) I've been to Malaysia 3months and 6 months, South Africa, Mozambique, Kenya, several Ghana, Togo, Cotonou stamps... Is this traveling experience okay to apply for either France or Spain?

4.) As the owner of the company do I need just a running account; inflow and outflow? Or Specific amount like 500k monthly in my account for the period of 3months?

5.) Is #1.5M or 2M upward good enough as the balance of the Statement of Account I'll be submitting to the Embassy?

6.) Can I attached my marriage certificate to the documents?

7.) What documents I need to gather together aside from CAC?

And if there's any more advice on how to go about it better, please do... Much appreciated!

Thank you guys, GOD Bless.

Regards,
Owolabi.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by sihamey: 8:06pm On Nov 13, 2021
Owolabi2122:
Good Evening House...

Please, I need you guys input here.

I have a limited registered company and I want to apply for Schengen Visa either France or Spain and I don't want to use any travel agent at all!

My questions goes thus:

1.) What are the documents I need to present as owner of the company? Though the company is just 2yrs now.

2.) Do I need my company account cuz am account to open one for my company soon or my individual regular current account is okay?

3.) I've been to Malaysia 3months and 6 months, South Africa, Mozambique, Kenya, several Ghana, Togo, Cotonou stamps... Is this traveling experience okay to apply for either France or Spain?

4.) As the owner of the company do I need just a running account; inflow and outflow? Or Specific amount like 500k monthly in my account for the period of 3months?

5.) Is #1.5M or 2M upward good enough as the balance of the Statement of Account I'll be submitting to the Embassy?

6.) Can I attached my marriage certificate to the documents?

7.) What documents I need to gather together aside from CAC?

And if there's any more advice on how to go about it better, please do... Much appreciated!

Thank you guys, GOD Bless.

Regards,
Owolabi.

1) your CAC document and etc
2) Your personal account statement is enough
3) sticker visa is what is needed as travel experience, make copy of them and attached to your application. I guess Malaysia and South Africa visa will needed , they rest is not.
4) If you have company Account, you can pay yourself salary on monthly for 3 months and will show on transaction but since you don’t have company account it doesn’t matter
5) Your account should have an inflow not just bonks money . I got my visa with 500k available balance but had over 2 million inflow, just get the account busy that’s what matter.
6) yes you can
7) go through the tread you get that information from people’s transcript

Hope this help
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by surplusbaba(m): 9:37pm On Nov 13, 2021
Kindly share your number with me. I have an important issue to discuss with you. Will gladly appreciate if you can drop your nunber
larade16:
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Slim091: 9:42pm On Nov 14, 2021
pufframmy:

Congratulations once again, one quick one did you use any agents during your process or all was done by yourself!
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by ChrisNw: 12:27am On Nov 15, 2021
anotherguyonNL:
Are the masters in France taught in English or do I need to provide a proof of French language
test? Also can I use my BSc from a Benin university to apply for a masters program in France?

With the little knowlegde I got from research. Some Universities teach in English so it's depend on the University you're applying, you have to confirm if they have the English program for the course.

And YES,you can for sure apply with your Bsc certificate. It's highly accepted.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by surplusbaba(m): 6:38pm On Nov 15, 2021
Thanks for this great enlightenment. Kindly share your number with me, I have some personal questions I want to ask you. Thanks
larade16:

Then for the delivery, I think it was charged with the payment made while booking appointments for someone living in Lagos, then outside lagos attracts additional fee. I only paid for application fee on my submission day(40,015naira).
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by kolladey(m): 12:43pm On Nov 16, 2021
My people, u na good afternoon oo.
My passport will expire June 2023, as we know that a long-stay student visa is 1-year embassy do give, if I apply next year Sep, then my visa will expire Sep 2023
Does that mean I can't use my passport to apply since the passport will expire before the visa expires?
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Kikistar: 9:16pm On Nov 16, 2021
Hello, congrats on this! This has boost my morale not to give up. Please can you help with the email address and possibly, the email template to serve as a guide. We applied for my mum on November 1st and it was denied. We got the feedback on the 8th. It was on the basis that they are unsure if she will leave the schengen country by the expiration of her visa. We got extra supporting documents (land and pension statement for the last 3 months). Appealing will take a longer so we decided to reapply but there are currently no slots. My sister, who is a first time mum just delivered and she needs help. We are so worried. My mum was supposed to travel 23rd November. Hence, the urgency and the need for my mum to travel. My mum just wants to go and help her with the baby (her grand daughter). Please kindly help us. I kept checking for a way out online when I found this nairaland thread and opened an account. Please I will appreciate your help and feedback. Thank you so much in anticipation of a favourable response.

Thought I should share my recent experience and lesson learnt about this France visa application thing.
So I attempted to book an appointment and all available slots were already taken. I called my contacts at VFS and they couldn't help either. I was almost giving up and already considering going to Ghana for the planned vacation. But I decided to give it a final fight before giving up. So I wrote a strongly worded email to the consulate general expressing my dissatisfaction with the appointment booking process. I also explained that the trip to Paris is very important to my family and I and would like the consulate to intervene and let me know the next steps. After 3 days, lo and behold, I got an email asking for the time convenient for me for my submission. I was pleasantly surprised and I replied with my preferred date and time.
I submitted the applications and got my passport with the visa stamp within 3 days. Yes you heard me, 3 days my visa was in my hands! [/quote]
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by ty01: 9:55pm On Nov 16, 2021
Your visa can outlive your passport. The issue is that most European countries require your passport validity to be about three month beyond your return date. I believe you can always renew your passport at the Nigerian embassy in Paris close to its expiration in 2023.
kolladey:
My people, u na good afternoon oo.
My passport will expire June 2023, as we know that a long-stay student visa is 1-year embassy do give, if I apply next year Sep, then my visa will expire Sep 2023
Does that mean I can't use my passport to apply since the passport will expire before the visa expires?
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by ty01: 10:06pm On Nov 16, 2021
Not a problem, I will share that with you, given your circumstance.
If your sister is Legal in France, then I will advise you to also include a letter from her stating that she (being a first time mum), would require her mum's support for some weeks or months as she just put to bed. She needs to also emphasis that your mum will return home subsequently to continue to take care of her husband (your dad).
Your dad should also include a letter of introduction supporting and approving of his wife's trip to take care of his grand daughter.
If your mum works, include documents supporting her business as well - this also serves as a tie to return home.
You have to support this application very well. She must no be denied again!
Kikistar:
Hello, congrats on this! This has boost my morale not to give up. Please can you help with the email address and possibly, the email template to serve as a guide. We applied for my mum on November 1st and it was denied. We got the feedback on the 8th. It was on the basis that they are unsure if she will leave the schengen country by the expiration of her visa. We got extra supporting documents (land and pension statement for the last 3 months). Appealing will take a longer so we decided to reapply but there are currently no slots. My sister, who is a first time mum just delivered and she needs help. We are so worried. My mum was supposed to travel 23rd November. Hence, the urgency and the need for my mum to travel. My mum just wants to go and help her with the baby (her grand daughter). Please kindly help us. I kept checking for a way out online when I found this nairaland thread and opened an account. Please I will appreciate your help and feedback. Thank you so much in anticipation of a favourable response.

Thought I should share my recent experience and lesson learnt about this France visa application thing.
So I attempted to book an appointment and all available slots were already taken. I called my contacts at VFS and they couldn't help either. I was almost giving up and already considering going to Ghana for the planned vacation. But I decided to give it a final fight before giving up. So I wrote a strongly worded email to the consulate general expressing my dissatisfaction with the appointment booking process. I also explained that the trip to Paris is very important to my family and I and would like the consulate to intervene and let me know the next steps. After 3 days, lo and behold, I got an email asking for the time convenient for me for my submission. I was pleasantly surprised and I replied with my preferred date and time.
I submitted the applications and got my passport with the visa stamp within 3 days. Yes you heard me, 3 days my visa was in my hands!
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Kikistar: 10:14pm On Nov 16, 2021
Thanks so much. Yes, she's legal (It's for Netherlands but it's the France embassy that handles short stay visa on behalf of Netherlands). We will include the tips you shared as well. Thank you.

ty01:
Not a problem, I will share that with you, given your circumstance.
If your sister is Legal in France, then I will advise you to also include a letter from her stating that she would require her mum's support (being a first time mum) for some weeks or months as she just put to bed. She needs to also emphasis that your mum will return subsequently to continue to take care of her husband (your dad).
Your dad should also include a letter of introduction supporting and approving of his wife's trip to take care of his grand daughter.
If your mum works, include documents supporting her business as well - this also serves as a tie to return home.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by kolladey(m): 9:00am On Nov 17, 2021
ty01:
Your visa can outlive your passport. The issue is that most European countries require your passport validity to be about three month beyond your return date. I believe you can always renew your passport at the Nigerian embassy in Paris close to its expiration in 2023.
Thanks Boss for your response.
That means I can still use it to apply?
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by ty01: 10:51am On Nov 17, 2021
Most definitely.
kolladey:

Thanks Boss for your response.
That means I can still use it to apply?
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by kolladey(m): 1:05pm On Nov 17, 2021
ty01:
Most definitely.
Thanks so much Sir.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by esdajo: 4:14pm On Nov 17, 2021
Good day everyone. So my family and I applied for a visitor's visa to France last Thursday and we just got emails and text messages that our passports have been sent back to VFS and ready for collection. How do we know if its a positive response as the embassy did not call anyone of us for any kind of questioning. Do they send refusal emails like the UK does or we must wait to receive the passports from UPS first to know if we were approved or not? Gurus should please help me out.

1 Like

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by rebless(m): 6:01pm On Nov 17, 2021
Hello fellows,

Please for those who recently applied, is the 19,000plus you paid at your online appointment booking inclusive of courier service and about how long did the process took you in the application centre?

Moreover were you able to take your passport photographs at the centre without paying online ?

Thanks in anticipation

(1) (2) (3) ... (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) ... (414) (Reply)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.