Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,431 members, 7,819,557 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:09 PM

Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... - Travel (191) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... (792794 Views)

Securing Visa To Italy / Hungarian Student Visa Application, Applying From Nigeria / I'm Afraid Of Applying For A Us Visa Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) ... (382) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by monchat(m): 3:18pm On Nov 21, 2021
davide470:
As long as you don't have a residence permit or passport of another country, the answer is No.

Thank you
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by davide470(m): 3:22pm On Nov 21, 2021
abduloau:
Hello everyone,
Please I need your inputs in this.
I want to apply for a French working visa.
I want to be sure of the documents I need before going to the VFS centre in Lagos as I live far away from Lagos.
I have checked France visa page and below are the required documents according to the website:
-A travel document, issued less than 10 years ago, containing at least two blank pages, with a period of validity at least 3 months longer than the date on which you intend to leave the Schengen Area or, in the case of a long stay, at least three months longer than the expiry date of the visa requested. Be sure to transmit (scan) ALL PAGES of your travel document containing visas, entry and exit stamps or any other inscription.
-ID photograph.
-Agreement to host a researcher or teacher-researcher issued by an accredited organization.
-Diploma of a Master’s degree or higher.

Based on your experience guys, do I need additional documents not listed above?
Do I need a travel insurance?
Flight and hotel reservation?
Police report?
etc
I look forward to reading your inputs.
Thanks
Are you applying for a Passeport Talent Researcher?

- You will need a travel insurance till you register for Ameli (French healthcare). 3 months duration should be okay.
- Hotel/Hostel/Rental agreement is needed or your host can provide an Attestation d'hébergement (Accommodation Certificate)
- If you feel the need to attach a police report, go ahead.

2 Likes

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by abduloau: 4:14pm On Nov 21, 2021
Thank you so much davide470 for your kind reply.
Yes, I am applying for the Passeport Talent Researcher Visa.
Do you have any idea about the cost of this travel insurance?
A police report was not stated on the website too. I just wanted to be sure it is not required.
Any other documents needed apart from those listed so much?
Looking for your to your kind reply.
Thanks.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by davide470(m): 5:00pm On Nov 21, 2021
abduloau:
Thank you so much davide470 for your kind reply.
Yes, I am applying for the Passeport Talent Researcher Visa.
Do you have any idea about the cost of this travel insurance?
A police report was not stated on the website too. I just wanted to be sure it is not required.
Any other documents needed apart from those listed so much?
Looking for your to your kind reply.
Thanks.
Congratulations.
- Not sure about the travel insurance cost but it should not be more than N80k.
- Police report is not needed for your application but you can do it just incase you need it in France.
- The hosting agreement is the main document and it should be fully executed.
- Flight reservation should also be submitted.

Since you stay far away from VFS Lagos, take every document that you can find, they will be the one to tell you which documents are needed.

1 Like

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by abduloau: 6:42pm On Nov 21, 2021
Thank you so much davide470 for your explanation.
Concerning the travel insurance, I have checked three insurance company for 90 days coverage and below are their prices:
1. Allianz travel insurance : ₦15,015
2. AllCO insurance : ₦23,000
3. Axamansard: Schengen ₦16,256.70

2 Likes

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by msbaileyz(f): 3:43am On Nov 23, 2021
Hello everyone, I want to apply for a French tourist visa and below are the documents I want to submit

Documents to be submitted;
*Filled application form
*Passport Data page
*Cornerstone Travel Insurance (three months)
*Cac certificate (as a business owner)
*Employment letter (written by my assistant)
*Confirmation letter (written by my assistant)
*Introduction Letter from company
*Leave Approval letter
*Introduction/leave awareness letter from a customer
*Work ID Card
*Copies of previous visas (had 4 previous Schengen visas)
*Statement of business account statement (3months) 1.9m balance
*Salary Statement of account and payslips (3months) (salary is being paid to my personal account) 450k balance
*Domicilary Statement of account $2000 balance
*Copies of confirmed booked tours from Viator(3)
*Flight Reservation
*Hotel Reservation
*Cover letter that includes my itinerary
*Covid vaccination card ( I actually made a print out after scanning the barcode on the card, that barcode on the print out can be scanned too and it will bring ones information).

Please is this okay or am I forgetting anything?
How do I book an appointment?

2 Likes

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by larade16(f): 8:55am On Nov 23, 2021
msbaileyz:
Hello everyone, I want to apply for a French tourist visa and below are the documents I want to submit

Documents to be submitted;
*Filled application form
*Passport Data page
*Cornerstone Travel Insurance (three months)
*Cac certificate (as a business owner)
*Employment letter (written by my assistant)
*Confirmation letter (written by my assistant)
*Introduction Letter from company
*Leave Approval letter
*Introduction/leave awareness letter from a customer
*Work ID Card
*Copies of previous visas (had 4 previous Schengen visas)
*Statement of business account statement (3months) 1.9m balance
*Salary Statement of account and payslips (3months) (salary is being paid to my personal account) 450k balance
*Domicilary Statement of account $2000 balance
*Copies of confirmed booked tours from Viator(3)
*Flight Reservation
*Hotel Reservation
*Cover letter that includes my itinerary
*Covid vaccination card ( I actually made a print out after scanning the barcode on the card, that barcode on the print out can be scanned too and it will bring ones information).

Please is this okay or am I forgetting anything?
How do I book an appointment?
https://row1.vfsglobal.com/GAR1Ph1Appt/Home/Index
You can book appointment through that link
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Lizzer: 10:15am On Nov 23, 2021
You can actually get appointment for tourist visa to Germany from 12am at the dot. I just checked it last night... they have dates from 24th of November to 14th of December. The appointment is free of charge. All you need is to be awake by 12am with your passport beside you to book for it.
Good luck!

esdajo:
Running away to where nau? I have legal residence there currently, I'm only home to spend time with my family. BTW, no more appointment slots at the German embassy for now, so I'm keeping an eye on that. I only asked about the UK since I just got their visa 2 weeks ago but it was for myself alone.

1 Like

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by esdajo: 4:25pm On Nov 23, 2021
Really? Thanks for the update.

Lizzer:
You can actually get appointment for tourist visa to Germany from 12am at the dot. I just checked it last night... they have dates from 24th of November to 14th of December. The appointment is free of charge. All you need is to be awake by 12am with your passport beside you to book for it.
Good luck!

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Ashirioluwa: 6:06pm On Nov 23, 2021
My wife submitted her visa application last week Wednesday November 17. She received message today that her passport has been dispatched to UPS.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by esdajo: 6:44pm On Nov 23, 2021
Congratulations! Is she a frequent traveler or a first timer?

Ashirioluwa:
My wife submitted her visa application last week Wednesday November 17. She received message today that her passport has been dispatched to UPS.

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Ashirioluwa: 7:15pm On Nov 23, 2021
esdajo:
Congratulations! Is she a frequent traveler or a first timer?

She doesn’t have her passport yet so we don’t know if the visa is approved or not. Still waiting for UPS. She’s worried because it took only 3 business days.

Frequent traveler
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by esdajo: 9:02pm On Nov 23, 2021
They don’t take too much time reviewing an application. Don’t worry, she’s been issued the visa. The fact that she’s a frequent traveler to the Schengen area should count for something. She will get the passport by tomorrow. Please come back and share the good news. Congrats once again!

Ashirioluwa:

She doesn’t have her passport yet so we don’t know if the visa is approved or not. Still waiting for UPS. She’s worried because it took only 3 business days.

Frequent traveler

1 Like

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Ashirioluwa: 9:47pm On Nov 23, 2021
esdajo:
They don’t take too much time reviewing an application. Don’t worry, she’s been issued the visa. The fact that she’s a frequent traveler to the Schengen area should count for something. She will get the passport by tomorrow. Please come back and share the good news. Congrats once again!

Ok thank you
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Pearlpop: 10:15pm On Nov 23, 2021
Enlightenment please..
In what ways can someone issued France Shengen visa stay in Europe permanently until he/she gets documented properly to travel the globe??
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Ashirioluwa: 3:06pm On Nov 24, 2021
esdajo:

Yes, her passport was delivered today. Visa approved

6 Likes

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Ashirioluwa: 3:19pm On Nov 24, 2021
Pearlpop:
Enlightenment please..
In what ways can someone issued France Shengen visa stay in Europe permanently until he/she gets documented properly to travel the globe??

The only way is for you to travel there then you don’t leave when your visa expires. You become illegal in the country. This route is not an easy one unless you have someone on ground who is willing to help you.

This is not a good time to use visit visa to relocate. I know people still do it but it is not advisable unless you have family or friend who will show you the way
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by 4Ije(f): 3:42pm On Nov 24, 2021
Ashirioluwa:

Yaaaaaayyy Congratulations! cheesy cheesy
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Ashirioluwa: 3:46pm On Nov 24, 2021
4Ije:

Yaaaaaayyy Congratulations! cheesy cheesy

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by esdajo: 5:03pm On Nov 24, 2021
Congrats! How long was the visa issued for?

Ashirioluwa:

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Ashirioluwa: 5:06pm On Nov 24, 2021
esdajo:
Congrats! How long was the visa issued for?

3 months / multiple
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by esdajo: 5:14pm On Nov 24, 2021
Wow! That's nice.

Ashirioluwa:

3 months / multiple
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by rebless(m): 5:16pm On Nov 24, 2021
Ashirioluwa:

Congratulations to you!

Can you please share the documents submitted so others can gain especially the balance you had in your statement of account?
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by pufframmy: 5:41pm On Nov 24, 2021
wow congratulation what are the documents submitted and also how many months were given
Ashirioluwa:

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Ashirioluwa: 10:59pm On Nov 24, 2021
pufframmy:
wow congratulation what are the documents submitted and also how many months were given

Documents included
- cover letter
- letter from spouse
- flight itinerary
- Travel insurance
- Copies of previous visas
- Bank statement (1.2 million naira)
- Hotel
- employment letter
- payslips
- family fotos

Duration: 3 months / multiple

1 Like

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Ashirioluwa: 11:02pm On Nov 24, 2021
rebless:

Can you please share the documents submitted so others can gain especially the balance you had in your statement of account?

Documents included
- cover letter
- letter from spouse
- flight itinerary
- Travel insurance
- Hotel
- employment letter
- payslips
- family fotos

3 Likes

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by rockyryuks: 8:32am On Nov 25, 2021
anyone that will be in paris from nov 30th to december 15th? let us catch up please...

1 Like

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by pufframmy: 11:39am On Nov 25, 2021
wow that cool 3 months i hope when i reapply i can be giving 6 months upwards

Ashirioluwa:

Documents included
- cover letter
- letter from spouse
- flight itinerary
- Travel insurance
- Hotel
- employment letter
- payslips
- family fotos

1 Like

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by pufframmy: 11:39am On Nov 25, 2021
mine is after later date oo
rockyryuks:
anyone that will be in paris from nov 30th to december 15th? let us catch up please...
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Chiall: 5:21pm On Nov 25, 2021
rockyryuks:

I will be in Paris from December 1 to December 4. So connect
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by rockyryuks: 4:11pm On Nov 26, 2021
Chiall:

I will be in Paris from December 1 to December 4. So connect

Cool. Please send me your email so we can connect, thank you. I dont know how to send a private message from here
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Olayinka1230(m): 8:04am On Nov 27, 2021
Good Morning house
Please I didn’t see appointment date for Lagos for tourism First timer , but appointment is available for Abuja Dec 06th please can someone help me bcs Abuja is far away

(1) (2) (3) ... (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) ... (382) (Reply)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2

Viewing this topic: 9ger, Abokii8(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.