Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,467 members, 7,819,708 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:27 PM

Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... - Travel (190) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... (792878 Views)

Securing Visa To Italy / Hungarian Student Visa Application, Applying From Nigeria / I'm Afraid Of Applying For A Us Visa Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) ... (382) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by larade16(f): 6:16pm On Nov 17, 2021
rebless:
Hello fellows,

Please for those who recently applied, is the 19,000plus you paid at your online appointment booking inclusive of courier service and about how long did the process took you in the application centre?

Moreover were you able to take your passport photographs at the centre without paying online ?

Thanks in anticipation
Yes, the 19,000plus is inclusive of courier if you stay in Lagos I guess, I didn’t pay any other fee for delivery.

The process took like an hour, i was the 2nd person to be attended to.

You can take your passport photographs at the center and pay with cash, don’t patronize those people outside o...their fee is too high.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by OmoWorld: 8:06pm On Nov 17, 2021
Relax... It"s a positive feedback. Most embassies in Nigeria don't have time to call applicants.
By the way... Your visa application is approved. Your visa is being completed and has been issued. So you are going to receive your visa tomorrow.

esdajo:
Good day everyone. So my family and I applied for a visitor's visa to France last Thursday and we just got emails and text messages that our passports have been sent back to VFS and ready for collection. How do we know if its a positive response as the embassy did not call anyone of us for any kind of questioning. Do they send refusal emails like the UK does or we must wait to receive the passports from UPS first to know if we were approved or not? Gurus should please help me out.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by rebless(m): 9:52pm On Nov 17, 2021
larade16:
Yes, the 19,000plus is inclusive of courier if you stay in Lagos I guess, I didn’t pay any other fee for delivery.

The process took like an hour, i was the 2nd person to be attended to.

You can take your passport photographs at the center and pay with cash, don’t patronize those people outside o...their fee is too high.

Thanks so much
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by larade16(f): 9:53pm On Nov 17, 2021
rebless:

Thanks so much
uwc
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by ty01: 10:27pm On Nov 17, 2021
Yes, you’ll have to wait to receive the passports; that’s the only way to know if the visas were approved or not.
esdajo:
Good day everyone. So my family and I applied for a visitor's visa to France last Thursday and we just got emails and text messages that our passports have been sent back to VFS and ready for collection. How do we know if its a positive response as the embassy did not call anyone of us for any kind of questioning. Do they send refusal emails like the UK does or we must wait to receive the passports from UPS first to know if we were approved or not? Gurus should please help me out.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by ty01: 10:30pm On Nov 17, 2021
I believe so too. It seems like it.
OmoWorld:
Relax... It"s a positive feedback. Most embassies in Nigeria don't have time to call applicants.
By the way... Your visa application is approved. Your visa is being completed and has been issued. So you are going to receive your visa tomorrow.

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by esdajo: 7:32pm On Nov 18, 2021
Unfortunately we were refused on the ground that there are reasonable doubts as to our intentions to leave the territory of the Member states before the visa expires.

I don’t know if my having a residence in another Member state was responsible for this.

OmoWorld:

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Beverlyhills: 7:42pm On Nov 18, 2021
Apologies. With a Residence in a Member state and its only logical you go through your resident state.

esdajo:
Unfortunately we were refused on the ground that there are reasonable doubts as to our intentions to leave the territory of the Member states before the visa expires.

I don’t know if my having a residence in another Member state was responsible for this.

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Beverlyhills: 8:10pm On Nov 18, 2021
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by esdajo: 9:19pm On Nov 18, 2021
Really ?

Beverlyhills:
Apologies. With a Residence in a Member state and its only logical you go through your resident state.

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Osoderi(m): 11:34pm On Nov 18, 2021
esdajo:

Omg!!! So sorry to hear this, How? Do you have France residence permit??

1 Like

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by esdajo: 4:34am On Nov 19, 2021
German actually. No it’s fine. Just that I wanted to give my people a wonderful treat this Christmas. Perhaps they thought I wanted to move them in through the back door lol.

Osoderi:

Omg!!! So sorry to hear this, How? Do you have France residence permit??
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by yemmywesey(m): 4:12pm On Nov 19, 2021
esdajo:
German actually. No it’s fine. Just that I wanted to give my people a wonderful treat this Christmas. Perhaps they thought I wanted to move them in through the back door lol.

You should have moved them in through member state you have your PR in.
The VO will conclude that you want to move them in through france which is much easier, and ferry them to Germany and began filing for them.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by esdajo: 6:11pm On Nov 19, 2021
I don't have a PR in Germany yet but a residence permit to study and work, having been living there for almost 7 years now. Moving forward, would there be any need to appeal the decision if only to clear the air cos this may affect other future travel plans since most of these Western nations share data on visa applicants and you dare not withhold such information as that would constitute a misrepresentation of material facts and may even earn one a ban in addition to being refused such a visa. Is there any need for that and has anyone here appealed a visa refusal and was later issued the visa?

yemmywesey:

You should have moved them in through member state you have your PR in.
The VO will conclude that you want to move them in through france which is much easier, and ferry them to Germany and began filing for them.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Beverlyhills: 8:45pm On Nov 19, 2021
@esdajo,

In my Opinion, you can appeal the decision taken explaining your decision for applying for a tourist visa with your Partner and kids to France citing the touristic attractions france has to offer when compared to Germany.

Also state that you are Resident in Germany and you have no intentions of them staying back in either Countries as they are strongly rooted in Nigeria. You may include evidences of what you feel demonstrates this root.

Note, this may not overturn the decision but would be documented in your file so the next Visa Officer if you choose to apply anytime can see you appealed to clear the doubts casted.

Use the following address Commission de recours contre les refus de visas, BP 83609, 44036 Nantes Cedex 1.

1 Like

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by yemmywesey(m): 10:11pm On Nov 19, 2021
esdajo:
I don't have a PR in Germany yet but a residence permit to study and work, having been living there for almost 7 years now. Moving forward, would there be any need to appeal the decision if only to clear the air cos this may affect other future travel plans since most of these Western nations share data on visa applicants and you dare not withhold such information as that would constitute a misrepresentation of material facts and may even earn one a ban in addition to being refused such a visa. Is there any need for that and has anyone here appealed a visa refusal and was later issued the visa?

Invite them through germany's embassy.

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by esdajo: 6:37am On Nov 20, 2021
Thanks for the advice. Will do as you have advised. However, I have written the France Consulate expressing my dissatisfaction and asking for an in-person interview if at all possible as we wish to reapply immediately but the available dates are far off, in fact, past the intended travel date we have in mind. I don’t understand why the appeal has to be in France and not here, but then it’s their rules and it has to be followed. I had a similar but serious issue with the German embassy 7 years ago which I appealed here, went back and got the student visa.

Beverlyhills:
@esdajo,

In my Opinion, you can appeal the decision taken explaining your decision for applying for a tourist visa with your Partner and kids to France citing the touristic attractions france has to offer when compared to Germany.

Also state that you are Resident in Germany and you have no intentions of them staying back in either Countries as they are strongly rooted in Nigeria. You may include evidences of what you feel demonstrates this root.

Note, this may not overturn the decision but would be documented in your file so the next Visa Officer if you choose to apply anytime can see you appealed to clear the doubts casted.

Use the following address Commission de recours contre les refus de visas, BP 83609, 44036 Nantes Cedex 1.

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Beverlyhills: 8:24am On Nov 20, 2021
You are welcome.

All appeal are sent and received in france. The German Embassy in Nigeria accepts the remonstrance letter and works on it there unlike the french Embassy.

You may appeal to the CRRV in person, through a lawyer or through a family member. Your request must be in French and be sent by regular mail to that following address.

If your appeal is considered you may get a response or not.

However, send in the letter and you cant reapply immediately.
You can try taking the family somewhere else this Christmas.

You may try again by Easter (My Opinion)

esdajo:
Thanks for the advice. Will do as you have advised. However, I have written the France Consulate expressing my dissatisfaction and asking for an in-person interview if at all possible as we wish to reapply immediately but the available dates are far off, in fact, past the intended travel date we have in mind. I don’t understand why the appeal has to be in France and not here, but then it’s their rules and it has to be followed. I had a similar but serious issue with the German embassy 7 years ago which I appealed here, went back and got the student visa.

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by esdajo: 8:45am On Nov 20, 2021
Good morning and thanks once again for the heads up. If I try any other Schengen member state right back, one may come off as desperate and I don’t want that. I actually wanted to apply for a UK visitor’s visa for them initially, having just received mine late last month but the waiting times was what discouraged me as mine spent 8 weeks at the UKVI and it was during that waiting period I decided to take them to Continental Europe since I have a residence permit there, so I booked an appointment for us all despite not needing a visa perse but VFS won’t accept first timers for short stays unless frequent travelers which I qualify for.

Anyways, I already sent an email to the French Consulate appealing for an in-person interview or schedule another earlier appointment for us at VFS in the alternative after addressing the only ground for refusal with more details about our social and economic ties here, citing how I spend more time here than in Germany since I have businesses here and family demands too. I keep my fingers crossed to see if anything could happen as I don’t easily give up without a fight. The travel date would have long passed by the time the appeal is considered because December is somewhere around the corner already.

Beverlyhills:

You are welcome.

All appeal are sent and received in france. The German Embassy in Nigeria accepts the remonstrance letter and works on it there unlike the french Embassy.

You may appeal to the CRRV in person, through a lawyer or through a family member. Your request must be in French and be sent by regular mail to that following address.

If your appeal is considered you may get a response or not.

However, send in the letter and you cant reapply immediately.
You can try taking the family somewhere else this Christmas.

You may try again by Easter (My Opinion)

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Beverlyhills: 9:10am On Nov 20, 2021
@esdajo

Every case is different who knows. You may wait for the french Embassy but best you make alternate plans incase they go all silent .

Between the German Embassy tourist visa section is open i believe, you should go there where you have a better chance. They reply in 8 to 10 working days

The importance of your Appeal is just to clear the air so when either states check the records its found.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by esdajo: 9:51am On Nov 20, 2021
Thank you very much once again. Do you think it would be a nice idea to try any other Schengen member state now or wait till some other time?

Beverlyhills:
@esdajo

Every case is different who knows. You may wait for the french Embassy but best you make alternate plans incase they go all silent .

Between the German Embassy tourist visa section is open i believe, you should go there where you have a better chance. They reply in 8 to 10 working days

The importance of your Appeal is just to clear the air so when either states check the records its found.

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Beverlyhills: 11:55am On Nov 20, 2021
At the moment, the only Schengen member state you can go to is the German Embassy .
You can book an appointment and start the processing with them. You spent 7 years there it should count for something. If they are able to grant you the visiting visa with your family, then other member states might follow suit.

In my opinion, any trial with any member state at the moment will only result in same reason and would seem desperate.

Try other countries as Christmas is just around, Lovely countries i might add.

esdajo:
Thank you very much once again. Do you think it would be a nice idea to try any other Schengen member state now or wait till some other time?

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by esdajo: 1:05pm On Nov 20, 2021
Thanks a lot.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by esdajo: 6:05pm On Nov 20, 2021
How about the UK?

Beverlyhills:
At the moment, the only Schengen member state you can go to is the German Embassy .
You can book an appointment and start the processing with them. You spent 7 years there it should count for something. If they are able to grant you the visiting visa with your family, then other member states might follow suit.

In my opinion, any trial with any member state at the moment will only result in same reason and would seem desperate.

Try other countries as Christmas is just around, Lovely countries i might add.

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by OsiEnterprise4: 7:31pm On Nov 20, 2021
esdajo:
How about the UK?

Why are u running away from Germany, process your application in Germany embassy, you have been there before
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by esdajo: 9:50pm On Nov 20, 2021
Running away to where nau? I have legal residence there currently, I'm only home to spend time with my family. BTW, no more appointment slots at the German embassy for now, so I'm keeping an eye on that. I only asked about the UK since I just got their visa 2 weeks ago but it was for myself alone.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by monchat(m): 10:50am On Nov 21, 2021
esdajo:
Running away to where nau? I have legal residence there currently, I'm only home to spend time with my family. BTW, no more appointment slots at the German embassy for now, so I'm keeping an eye on that. I only asked about the UK since I just got their visa 2 weeks ago but it was for myself alone.

Pls what can of residence do you have? Is it like PR? Or just Residence to work and live for a period of time. Because I am confuse. If one have a spousa visa to join ones partner, is it that the person have a resident permit?
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by monchat(m): 12:39pm On Nov 21, 2021
Hello house I am confused on this question as attached. kindly assist clarify me with some one with spouse visa. Thank you

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by abduloau: 1:41pm On Nov 21, 2021
Hello everyone,
Please I need your inputs in this.
I want to apply for a French working visa.
I want to be sure of the documents I need before going to the VFS centre in Lagos as I live far away from Lagos.
I have checked France visa page and below are the required documents according to the website:
-A travel document, issued less than 10 years ago, containing at least two blank pages, with a period of validity at least 3 months longer than the date on which you intend to leave the Schengen Area or, in the case of a long stay, at least three months longer than the expiry date of the visa requested. Be sure to transmit (scan) ALL PAGES of your travel document containing visas, entry and exit stamps or any other inscription.
-ID photograph.
-Agreement to host a researcher or teacher-researcher issued by an accredited organization.
-Diploma of a Master’s degree or higher.

Based on your experience guys, do I need additional documents not listed above?
Do I need a travel insurance?
Flight and hotel reservation?
Police report?
etc
I look forward to reading your inputs.
Thanks
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by esdajo: 2:10pm On Nov 21, 2021
If you have a residence permit (plastic card, not visa sticker on your passport) in another country, you will have to fill in the details there.

monchat:
Hello house I am confused on this question as attached. kindly assist clarify me with some one with spouse visa. Thank you
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by monchat(m): 2:29pm On Nov 21, 2021
esdajo:
If you have a residence permit (plastic card, not visa sticker on your passport) in another country, you will have to fill in the details there.

So one that only have sticker on passport have to fill No? BC until the person gets to uk, that is when the person collects his residence permit card
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by davide470(m): 3:08pm On Nov 21, 2021
monchat:

So one that only have sticker on passport have to fill No? BC until the person gets to uk, that is when the person collects his residence permit card
As long as you don't have a residence permit or passport of another country, the answer is No.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) ... (382) (Reply)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.