Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,537 members, 7,819,921 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:48 AM

Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... - Travel (322) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... (793096 Views)

Securing Visa To Italy / Hungarian Student Visa Application, Applying From Nigeria / I'm Afraid Of Applying For A Us Visa Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (319) (320) (321) (322) (323) (324) (325) ... (382) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Maturedhustler: 2:13pm On Mar 23, 2023
[quote author=Newbiein2016 post=121990227][/quote]

@Newbiein2016, Thanks very much for the detailed response.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by OsiEnterprise4: 7:01pm On Mar 23, 2023
spriteB:
Thank you everyone for the support. I got my short stay France- Schengen Visa today!

Submission at VFS - Monday, March 6th.
Notification of passport return - Monday, March 13th
Passport delivery by UPS - Tuesday, March 14th.

Intended Travel dates: March 18th to 26th.
Destination: Paris.

Documents Submitted at VFS:

1. Application form.
2. Nigerian Passport.
3. Return ticket purchased via Wakanow. ( Realized from this thread that I would've just made reservation so money won't go to waste, just in case...)
4. Ticket reservation of tour activities. Booked on Viator, but not paid for.
5. Letter of introduction from my Employer , confirming employment and dates of travel and Employment letter.
6. 6 months bank statement each for my Salary account (Naira) and a Dollar account. This was reduced to 3 months for each account at VFS.
7. Allianze travel insurance; purchased via Wakanow .(Already purchased it before I saw this thread.)
8. Hotel accommodation booked via Hotels. com; but not yet paid for.
9. Copies of Work ID, Pension and Co-operative participation - I used them as a proof of strong tie to Nigeria.
10. Cover letter introducing myself, intended activities in Paris and summarizing the documents submitted. (Many many thanks to the contributors on this thread!)
11. Copy of US Visa.

PS: I got my US Visa just last month but I'm yet to travel with it. I was told at VFS that I'm a 'Frequent Traveler' so it was written on my documents pouch, even though I'm a first time traveler. So if you have any of the Visas listed on the website, just select 'frequent traveler' for your VFS appointment.

Thank you, everyone!

I thought I will ask, why did you still apply to France, when you have a valid USA visa? From Us you can fly Schengen as along as the Visa is still valid
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Ajalalomo: 9:43pm On Mar 23, 2023
gerrald02:
any travel agent or website recommended for international flights that one can compare ticket prices and pay with naira card?

www.wakanow.com
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by josephb(m): 12:11am On Mar 24, 2023
Hi,

I do not understand this, how do you mean?

Do you mean a USA visa can be used to enter the Schengen States?

If my guess is right, then you must be Kidding and Deluding.

OsiEnterprise4:

I thought I will ask, why did you still apply to France, when you have a valid USA visa? From Us you can fly Schengen as along as the Visa is still valid
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by HRprof: 3:06am On Mar 24, 2023
OsiEnterprise4:

Are you talking about US visa or US passport
With US visa is impossible
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by OsiEnterprise4: 7:17am On Mar 24, 2023
HRprof:

Are you talking about US visa or US passport
With US visa is impossible

Yes, I have confirmed, with Visa is not possible, yes he need to apply for Visa
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by frankfab(m): 7:16pm On Mar 24, 2023
spriteB:
Thank you everyone for the support. I got my short stay France- Schengen Visa today!

Submission at VFS - Monday, March 6th.
Notification of passport return - Monday, March 13th
Passport delivery by UPS - Tuesday, March 14th.

Intended Travel dates: March 18th to 26th.

1. Application form.
2. Nigerian Passport.
3. Return ticket purchased via Wakanow. ( Realized from this thread that I would've just made reservation so money won't go to waste, just in case...)
4. Ticket reservation of tour activities. Booked on Viator, but not paid for.
5. Letter of introduction from my Employer , confirming employment and dates of travel and Employment letter.
6. 6 months bank statement each for my Salary account (Naira) and a Dollar account. This was reduced to 3 months for each account at VFS.
7. Allianze travel insurance; purchased via Wakanow .(Already purchased it before I saw this thread.)
8. Hotel accommodation booked via Hotels. com; but not yet paid for.
9. Copies of Work ID, Pension and Co-operative participation - I used them as a proof of strong tie to Nigeria.
10. Cover letter introducing myself, intended activities in Paris and summarizing the documents submitted. (Many many thanks to the contributors on this thread!)
11. Copy of US Visa.

PS: I got my US Visa just last month but I'm yet to travel with it. I was told at VFS that I'm a 'Frequent Traveler' so it was written on my documents pouch, even though I'm a first time traveler. So if you have any of the Visas listed on the website, just select 'frequent traveler' for your VFS appointment.

Thank you, everyone!

Congratulations.

Please do you have any information on how one can extend the short stay visa for more than 90 days, or even get residence permit before the expiration.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by pufframmy: 4:45pm On Mar 25, 2023
u say >
frankfab:

Congratulations.

Please do you have any information on how one can extend the short stay visa for more than 90 days, or even get residence permit before the expiration.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by CowbellY: 4:53pm On Mar 25, 2023
frankfab:

Congratulations.

Not possible

1 Like

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Restricted: 8:13pm On Mar 27, 2023
Application submitted last week Tuesday, passport returned by UPS today. 12 days visa issued. This is my first Schengen visa.

3 Likes

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by josephb(m): 8:24pm On Mar 27, 2023
Can you share your timeline and doc.

Also any previous travel history?

Congratulations!!!

Regards,

Restricted:

Application submitted last week Tuesday, passport returned by UPS today. 12 days visa issued. This is my first Schengen visa.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by aekmanweb(m): 9:57pm On Mar 27, 2023
Tell us more, docs submitted, any previous visas etc, just to help other applicants too. CONGRATS!
Restricted:

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by OsiEnterprise4: 10:37pm On Mar 27, 2023
Restricted:

Nice, when are you traveling?
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Restricted: 11:10pm On Mar 27, 2023
Submission at VFS - Tuesday, March 21st.
Notification of passport return - Friday March 24th
Passport delivery by UPS - Monday, March 27th.

Intended Travel dates: April 5th to 15th......(10days). I guess that was why they gave me 12days visa due to first time. NOTE: I had 2 previous Schengen Visa refusals in 2017.

1. Application form.
2. Nigerian Passport.
3. Return ticket booked via KLM pay later option.
4. Ticket reservation of tour activities. (I paid for the cheap ones like 12 euros and i did just reservation for the expensive ones)
5. Letter of introduction from my office, confirming leave period and dates of travel (NOTE: I own my own business so i included Work ID card, CAC docs, Tax clearance, some receipts of sales.........basically evidence that i run a proper business.)
6. 3 months bank statement each for my Salary account and company acct with bank reference letters.
7. 2 weeks travel insurance (that might have also contributed to the 12days visa lol
8. Hotel accommodation booked via booking. com; but not yet paid for.
9. Cover letter introducing myself, intended activities in Paris and summarizing the documents submitted.

Thank you, guys!

Restricted:

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by pufframmy: 9:40am On Mar 28, 2023
congratulations have do you have other visa I mean like uK USA

Restricted:

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by aekmanweb(m): 12:22pm On Mar 28, 2023
Has anyone had issue with Vfs about getting refund for debited unsuccessful transaction. I have sent couple of email without any reasonable response so far.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Ashirioluwa: 7:08pm On Mar 28, 2023
OsiEnterprise4:

That’s not true. He still requires a Schengen visa if he wants to enter France.

He can transit through any airport in a Schengen country with his US visa, but he will need a Schengen visa to actually enter any Schengen country.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Dammysmart: 9:04pm On Mar 28, 2023
Hi..
Please can anyone advice on this. I'm a serving military personnel (would be a Captain in a few years). I intend visiting France for my wedding anniversary this year. Pls what is the tendency of getting an approval. Do I stand any chance with my wife??
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by meljoe: 12:36am On Mar 29, 2023
Please Milan or Venice , which is more of a tourist destination?
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by OsiEnterprise4: 9:11am On Mar 29, 2023
Restricted:

Submission at VFS - Tuesday, March 21st.
Notification of passport return - Friday March 24th
Passport delivery by UPS - Monday, March 27th.

Intended Travel dates: April 5th to 15th......(10days). I guess that was why they gave me 12days visa due to first time. NOTE: I had 2 previous Schengen Visa refusals in 2017.

1. Application form.
2. Nigerian Passport.
3. Return ticket booked via KLM pay later option.
4. Ticket reservation of tour activities. (I paid for the cheap ones like 12 euros and i did just reservation for the expensive ones)
5. Letter of introduction from my office, confirming leave period and dates of travel (NOTE: I own my own business so i included Work ID card, CAC docs, Tax clearance, some receipts of sales.........basically evidence that i run a proper business.)
6. 3 months bank statement each for my Salary account and company acct with bank reference letters.
7. 2 weeks travel insurance (that might have also contributed to the 12days visa lol
8. Hotel accommodation booked via booking. com; but not yet paid for.
9. Cover letter introducing myself, intended activities in Paris and summarizing the documents submitted.

Thank you, guys!

How much was in your available balance?
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by pufframmy: 10:13am On Mar 29, 2023
venice

meljoe:
Please Milan or Venice , which is more of a tourist destination?
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by meljoe: 12:43pm On Mar 29, 2023
Thank you
pufframmy:
venice

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Dammysmart: 6:52pm On Mar 29, 2023
Dammysmart:
Hi..
Please can anyone advice on this. I'm a serving military personnel (would be a Captain in a few years). I intend visiting France for my wedding anniversary this year. Pls what is the tendency of getting an approval. Do I stand any chance with my wife??

hi pls can anyone kindly respond
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Newbiein2016: 6:56pm On Mar 29, 2023
No one can predict this for you.

To improve your chances, just read through the thread thoroughly to see documents successful applicants submitted.

Dammysmart:
hi pls can anyone kindly respond

1 Like

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Ashirioluwa: 7:59pm On Mar 29, 2023
Dammysmart:
Hi..

Based on this story, I don't think anyone will be able to give you any advice.

Your question should have been, "What necessary documents will I need to support my visa application?"

Nonetheless, make sure you have sufficient funds in your account and the necessary documents to support your visa application before you apply.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Dammysmart: 8:18pm On Mar 29, 2023
Ashirioluwa:

Based on this story, I don't think anyone will be able to give you any advice.

Your question should have been, "What necessary documents will I need to support my visa application?"

Nonetheless, make sure you have sufficient funds in your account and the necessary documents to support your visa application before you apply.
thanksss
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by pcoolioz(m): 12:50pm On Mar 30, 2023
Hello Guys,
Foa Schengen visa to Malta through TLS, where should my office address the letter of invitation to? Should it be TLS or?
Any help will be appreciated.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by winnerr(m): 8:59am On Mar 31, 2023
hello everyone, are there schools in france that accept hnd holders without nysc for masters?

there’s also a budget of 5-7m. will this be enough?

is anyone also kind enough to point me to the steps needed to start?
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Newbiein2016: 9:50am On Mar 31, 2023
This is a better thread for this question:
https://www.nairaland.com/6821447/study-france-process-enquiries-thread/25

winnerr:
hello everyone, are there schools in france that accept hnd holders without nysc for masters?

there’s also a budget of 5-7m. will this be enough?

is anyone also kind enough to point me to the steps needed to start?
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Newbiein2016: 9:52am On Mar 31, 2023
This should be addressed to the country processing the visa. If processing through France, address this accordingly.

TLS is not an embassy and just a medium for collation and management of the visa application process. The final visa outcomes are determined by the countries themselves

pcoolioz:
Hello Guys,
Foa Schengen visa to Malta through TLS, where should my office address the letter of invitation to? Should it be TLS or?
Any help will be appreciated.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Newbiein2016: 10:01am On Mar 31, 2023
I had an issue late last year with a failed payment for France visa and was advised the refund could take 30days or more. I received the payment about 1.5months later.

If their emails are not providing clear directions, call their number - I have found that I get faster turnaround times when I chase emails with calls.

PS: Just ensure to send all details to them i.e. the failed payment notification you received (the subject is something like 'payment attempt failed') as well as the successful payment confirmation notification.

aekmanweb:
Has anyone had issue with Vfs about getting refund for debited unsuccessful transaction. I have sent couple of email without any reasonable response so far.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by purplish(f): 11:54pm On Mar 31, 2023
Dear all,

I booked an appointment for my mum (before coming across this thread) and selected the tourist/private visit option for first time travellers. From the info here, I realise that I should have picked the frequent traveler option as she travelled to the UK in 2019/2020. VFS is not letting me change the category of appointment. Does anybody know if this will cause issues for her during her appointment? Thanks for your response in advance.

(1) (2) (3) ... (319) (320) (321) (322) (323) (324) (325) ... (382) (Reply)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.