Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,355 members, 7,815,751 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:37 PM

Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... - Travel (324) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... (790452 Views)

Securing Visa To Italy / Hungarian Student Visa Application, Applying From Nigeria / I'm Afraid Of Applying For A Us Visa Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (321) (322) (323) (324) (325) (326) (327) ... (381) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Mandydaisy: 1:06pm On Apr 06, 2023
Ashirioluwa:

For flight reservations, try any of the airlines' websites.
For hotel reservations, try booking.com, hotels.com, etc.
Good morning and thank you for responding,

I tried booking.com and all the hotels I tried are giving a message ‘pay at hotel not available at the moment’ and are requesting I put in my card details. Please what do I do?
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Mandydaisy: 1:13pm On Apr 06, 2023
Newbiein2016:
Wakanow.com
Thank you for your response,
I tried it and this is what I got. I don’t think this will suffice as a reservation since my name is not even attached.

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by sihamey: 2:03pm On Apr 06, 2023
Mandydaisy:

I tried it and this is what I got. I don’t think this will suffice as a reservation since my name is not even attached.
Go to KLM site book your flight reservations and select to pay at the office . They will sent you flight reservations

1 Like

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Newbiein2016: 2:10pm On Apr 06, 2023
You can choose to do a bank payment for wakanow flights or hotels and this way, you get sent an itinerary with your name and details to your email. If you do this correctly, you should get to a page showing you the attached image.

Alternatively as others have suggested, you can use booking.com, hotels.com, expedia.com or any of the airlines to do a book on hold reservation for hotels & flights.

All that's needed by the embassy is the reservation for where you intend to stay & the flight you'll take.

Use any option that works best for you.

Mandydaisy:

1 Like

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by sihamey: 2:20pm On Apr 06, 2023
For hotel reservations you can go to hotels.com choose to pay at the facility your card will require but card not be debited. You will receive your reservation confirmation via email with your details. You can still cancel your reservation at anytime

1 Like

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Mandydaisy: 8:17pm On Apr 06, 2023
A huge thanks to everyone for their input. I’ve Successfully done travel insurance, hotel and flight reservation. God bless you all.

Another question please, they have a ticket for 4th July to UK (Air France transit) but will be going into France on July 29 for a week.
Q1: What should be the date of arrival and duration I should fill in the form?
Q2: what should I fill for number of entries requested?

This is all for now. Thank you again house!
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Newbiein2016: 9:38pm On Apr 06, 2023
Mandydaisy:
A huge thanks to everyone for their input. I’ve Successfully done travel insurance, hotel and flight reservation. God bless you all.

Another question please, they have a ticket for 4th July to UK (Air France transit) but will be going into France on July 29 for a week.

July 29th is date of arrival and duration is 1 week as you stated above.

1, if they will only be visiting once on the 29th July as you stated above.

If I recall, you were asking about transit visas but it looks like you are going ahead to book tourist visas so just to remind you that if they are flying Airfrance on the 4th July, they need to have a valid Schengen visa. If their visa is not valid on their date of travel, they may encounter problems.

Flagging this as France might issue you a visa that starts reading close to your travel date from several experience with them e.g. if travel date is 29th July, the visa might be valid from 2 weeks earlier.

Others can advise if given the need for transit, you have to request 2 entries to cover the July 4th flight - I'm not familiar with this so can only highlight it so you prepare adequately.

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Mandydaisy: 10:09pm On Apr 06, 2023
[quote author=Newbiein2016 post=122343957][/quote]
This is my confusion exactly. My parents decided they will also want to visit France so that’s why I decided to book flight ticket from UK to France and reserve accommodation. If I don’t get any other suggestion, I’d cancel this option and go with the original plan. When the visa comes out, they can decide to plan the trip to France.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by dami24(f): 11:52pm On Apr 06, 2023
meljoe:
Lol thank you .

I’m trying to do Schengen first . I have to book dates on time , this people love summer .

Hey, were you able to submit your application for Italy? What documents did you submit and have you got your passport back yet? 🙏
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by vozkini(m): 10:11am On Apr 08, 2023
Visa alert.
Submitted 29th
Passport return 6th April
Visa issued 5th April.
Applied last year for business visa but was refused.
Applied for UK thereafter and traveled to UK and come. Back still valid.
Then applied again for 8 trip. Visa approved for 24 days validity to stay 8 days.
I just observed that UK, Usa and Canada or Australian gives you 50~70% credit for them to consider issuing you visa.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by vozkini(m): 10:13am On Apr 08, 2023
What do I expect going to paris. I intend traveling by ending. I need ideas. Will come back after 5 days
vozkini:
Visa alert.
Submitted 29th
Visa issued 5th April.
Then applied again for 8 trip. Visa approved for 24 days validity to stay 8 days.
I just observed that UK, Usa and Canada or Australian gives you 50~70% credit for them to consider issuing you visa.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by hunee: 10:29am On Apr 08, 2023
I just observed that UK, Usa and Canada or Australian gives you 50~70% credit for them to consider issuing you visa
Please explain this
vozkini:
What do I expect going to paris. I intend traveling by ending. I need ideas. Will come back after 5 days
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Newbiein2016: 10:34am On Apr 08, 2023
Congrats!

I love Paris but with the ongoing strikes, you may need to adjust your plans carefully to enjoy your stay with minimal disruptions.

There's a lot to do and depending on your interests (museums, architecture, food, fashion etc. ) you can tailor your itinerary accordingly but my biggest tip especially during this period of strikes is to stay in one of the single digit arrondissements - this will allow you walk to sites if the transport lines are shutdown.

See this blog post for tips and itinerary ideas while travelling amidst the strikes: https://worldinparis.com/tips-for-visiting-paris-during-paris-transportation-strikes

vozkini:
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by vozkini(m): 12:00pm On Apr 08, 2023
Prior the issuance of the visa. Previous application was denied. It’s the same application and same documents used earlier even my cover letter was a shorten instead of before and I even use pen to complete the cover letter and sign. I was denied earlier and someone told me that most people are likely to be given visa by Schengen country if you have the mention visas on your passport.
That’s the reason for the observation @hunee
hunee:
I just observed that UK, Usa and Canada or Australian gives you 50~70% credit for them to consider issuing you visa
Please explain this
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by vozkini(m): 12:01pm On Apr 08, 2023
Thank you

Newbiein2016:
Congrats!

I love Paris but with the ongoing strikes, you may need to adjust your plans carefully to enjoy your stay with minimal disruptions.

There's a lot to do and depending on your interests (museums, architecture, food, fashion etc. ) you can tailor your itinerary accordingly but my biggest tip especially during this period of strikes is to stay in one of the single digit arrondissements - this will allow you walk to sites if the transport lines are shutdown.

See this blog post for tips and itinerary ideas while travelling amidst the strikes: https://worldinparis.com/tips-for-visiting-paris-during-paris-transportation-strikes

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by pufframmy: 5:42pm On Apr 08, 2023
You right

vozkini:
Prior the issuance of the visa. Previous application was denied. It’s the same application and same documents used earlier even my cover letter was a shorten instead of before and I even use pen to complete the cover letter and sign. I was denied earlier and someone told me that most people are likely to be given visa by Schengen country if you have the mention visas on your passport.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by hunee: 7:31pm On Apr 08, 2023
This is faxx. It is very straight, have them and trust me, Eu visa is sure. Safe trip voz
vozkini:
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by dami24(f): 8:10pm On Apr 08, 2023
Mandydaisy:

Hi Mandydaisy, please can you direct me on how you got your itineries? Please. Thank you
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by dami24(f): 8:12pm On Apr 08, 2023
vozkini:
Visa alert.
Submitted 29th
Visa issued 5th April.

Congrats. Please which schengen consulate did you apply to? Did you use and agent?

I’m trying to apply for my parents through italy but it all seems so stressful
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by hunee: 8:26pm On Apr 08, 2023
Just taking a risk applying for these schengen countries without having that "frequent traveler" status. For me, is a game of luck. God knows
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by vozkini(m): 7:12am On Apr 09, 2023
No agent, I apply myself. Lagos
dami24:

Congrats. Please which schengen consulate did you apply to? Did you use and agent?

I’m trying to apply for my parents through italy but it all seems so stressful
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by dami24(f): 9:44am On Apr 09, 2023
vozkini:
No agent, I apply myself. Lagos

Oh thank you for responding. Where did you buy your travel insurance please abd how much was it?
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by hunee: 1:11pm On Apr 09, 2023
dami24:

Oh thank you for responding. Where did you buy your travel insurance please abd how much was it?

08002554269 | 07002554269

Use Allianz
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Ajalalomo: 2:05pm On Apr 09, 2023
dami24:

You can get travel insurance from most insurance companies in Nigeria. All you need to do is visit any of their websites to buy travel insurance. You don’t need an agent or anyone else to buy travel insurance.

Travel insurance is cheap in Nigeria. The price you pay depends on the company you get it from. You can visit multiple insurance company websites and then compare prices.

I always go for the cheapest because it doesn't matter which company you buy it from.

You can get travel insurance that will cover a 7-day trip for as little as 3,200 naira, a 10-day trip for about 4500 naira, or less than 9000 naira for one month of travel insurance.

Buy it online from any of the insurance companies. You don’t need anyone or agent before you can buy travel insurance.

AIICO Insurance
https://www.aiicoplc.com/index.php/home/travel-insurance-plan

AXA Mansard Plc
https://www.axamansard.com/insurance/travel/general/

Cornerstone Insurance
https://cornerstone.com.ng/products/detail/Mjg=

Custodian and Allied Insurance Plc
https://custodianplc.com.ng/travel-insurance

Mutual Benefits Assurance Plc
https://www.mutualng.com/technical/product-view/?product_name=TRAVEL%20HEALTH%20INSURANCE#

Zenith insurance: This insurance company stop selling travel insurance.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Olietwist: 4:46pm On Apr 09, 2023
Hello everyone,
Please I wan to make some enquiry...
I got admission to a language school in France, Lyon precisely. The CIEF of Lyon 2 (if anyone has an Idea about them).
what and what do I need to secure a visa? coz from the letter I got, I'm supposed to be present in the school on the 28 of August if not my pre-registration will be cancelled.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by sihamey: 6:20pm On Apr 09, 2023
Olietwist:
Hello everyone,
Please I wan to make some enquiry...
I got admission to a language school in France, Lyon precisely. The CIEF of Lyon 2 (if anyone has an Idea about them).
what and what do I need to secure a visa? coz from the letter I got, I'm supposed to be present in the school on the 28 of August if not my pre-registration will be cancelled.
Use this link below to Visit study thread and ask your study related questions here is mostly for visit visa
https://www.nairaland.com/6821447/study-france-process-enquiries-thread#107078562

1 Like

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by buoye1(m): 7:38pm On Apr 09, 2023
victorVIC1:
I'm currently undergoing a recruitment process with a company in Malta. Please how tasking is it getting their work permit and visa as I neeed to be sure if I'm wasting my time or not?
Bro good evening. Did you get any good response as regards this your question?
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by victorVIC1(m): 7:55pm On Apr 09, 2023
buoye1:
Bro good evening. Did you get any good response as regards this your question?

Good evening. No, but I'm proceeding with the interview process anyway. Let's see how it plays out
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Mandydaisy: 9:54pm On Apr 09, 2023
dami24:

Hi Mandydaisy, please can you direct me on how you got your itineries? Please. Thank you

Hello Dami, sorry for the late response.
I used Travelstart for flight reservations and hotel.com for hotel reservations. They will send the booking itinerary to the email you provide. The previous page has some gurus throw light on this.

Hope this helps.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Olietwist: 12:19am On Apr 10, 2023
[quote author=sihamey post=122403110]
Use this link below to Visit study thread and ask your study related questions here is mostly for visit visa
https://www.nairaland.com/6821447/study-france-process-enquiries-thread#107078562[/ thank you]
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by meljoe: 11:53am On Apr 10, 2023
Oh hi , I haven’t submitted yet
dami24:

Hey, were you able to submit your application for Italy? What documents did you submit and have you got your passport back yet? 🙏
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by dami24(f): 4:40pm On Apr 10, 2023
Ajalalomo:

You can get travel insurance from most insurance companies in Nigeria. All you need to do is visit any of their websites to buy travel insurance. You don’t need an agent or anyone else to buy travel insurance.

Travel insurance is cheap in Nigeria. The price you pay depends on the company you get it from. You can visit multiple insurance company websites and then compare prices.

I always go for the cheapest because it doesn't matter which company you buy it from.

You can get travel insurance that will cover a 7-day trip for as little as 3,200 naira, a 10-day trip for about 4500 naira, or less than 9000 naira for one month of travel insurance.

Buy it online from any of the insurance companies. You don’t need anyone or agent before you can buy travel insurance.

AIICO Insurance
https://www.aiicoplc.com/index.php/home/travel-insurance-plan

AXA Mansard Plc
https://www.axamansard.com/insurance/travel/general/

Cornerstone Insurance
https://cornerstone.com.ng/products/detail/Mjg=

Custodian and Allied Insurance Plc
https://custodianplc.com.ng/travel-insurance

Mutual Benefits Assurance Plc
https://www.mutualng.com/technical/product-view/?product_name=TRAVEL%20HEALTH%20INSURANCE#

Zenith insurance: This insurance company stop selling travel insurance.

Thank you

(1) (2) (3) ... (321) (322) (323) (324) (325) (326) (327) ... (381) (Reply)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.