Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,755 members, 7,831,424 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:31 PM

Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... - Travel (371) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... (799217 Views)

Securing Visa To Italy / Hungarian Student Visa Application, Applying From Nigeria / I'm Afraid Of Applying For A Us Visa Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (368) (369) (370) (371) (372) (373) (374) ... (386) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Queenyetun: 9:20am On Feb 27
Nielda234:
Hello,
Has anyone recently applied for a visa using this TLS. I don’t know why they changed it from VSF. This is my 4th visa application and it usually comes out in 3-4 days. It’s been over a week and nothing yet. I’m tracking it and it’s saying processing. I don’t get. Did anyone else’s application take this long?

Recent applications that I know about were processed in 3 days.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by gunwexy: 1:09pm On Feb 28
Thanks for ypur response, i didn't overstay my initial visit. I will try to reapply
with more detail documents.
donteebalo:

So sorry about your refusal.
1. Did you overstay your first visit?
2. You can reapply but with a very strong home tie, you should also back up your application with an assurance letter to convince the VO that you’ll return. If the VO finds it convincing enough, then you’re good to go.
Best of luck.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by odogwudozilla: 1:44pm On Feb 28
Has anyone paid for courier delivery of passport at TLS Contact recently? My aged mother just got charge 80k (Naira) for courier delivery from Lagos to Enugu. I was wondering if that is normal. Their website says 12k and I understand if that price is outdated seeing the economy, but 80k is insane IMO.

Anyone done this recently?
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Osamagioghowewi(m): 10:49pm On Feb 28
How can one get visa to watch the Olympic game in Paris
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by thelma76(f): 1:45pm On Feb 29
Nielda234:
Hello,
Has anyone recently applied for a visa using this TLS. I don’t know why they changed it from VSF. This is my 4th visa application and it usually comes out in 3-4 days. It’s been over a week and nothing yet. I’m tracking it and it’s saying processing. I don’t get. Did anyone else’s application take this long?

Yeah the response time has changed slightly, probably because we’re in peak periods already.
TAT is 5-8 days now depending on whether you opted for pickup or courier (takes 1 day longer)

1 Like

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by meljoe: 2:53pm On Feb 29
Please I want to renew just my son France visa, he will be traveling with me , what I need to submit is
Cover letter
Sponsorship letter
Birth certificate
My France visa page
His school documents and his visas
My bank statements

Flight reservations plus my own , is it better if I buy my ticket now and show proof that I have paid already if I should show flight reservations for both of us ? I don’t need to show house documents rights ?

Please the hotel reservations , should it be in my name or his name ?
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Africankel(m): 9:04pm On Feb 29
1. Do not pay for tickets until a visa is approved. Reservation for him alone will suffice.

2. How old is he? If he's 18 and above, the hotel booking should be done in his name.

3. No need for the property documents. Your cover letter should however be detailed. And properly outlining your sponsorship of the trip.

meljoe:
Please I want to renew just my son France visa, he will be traveling with me , what I need to submit is
Cover letter
Sponsorship letter
Birth certificate
My France visa page
His school documents and his visas
My bank statements

Flight reservations plus my own , is it better if I buy my ticket now and show proof that I have paid already if I should show flight reservations for both of us ? I don’t need to show house documents rights ?

Please the hotel reservations , should it be in my name or his name ?
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by hunee: 2:41am On Mar 01
I have read many stories here of people buying tickets when visas are yet to be approved. Who do you blame? The ticketing sales person or the customer? It is very unprofessional for a ticket to be sold to a customer without a visa.
Africankel:
1. Do not pay for tickets until a visa is approved. Reservation for him alone will suffice.

2. How old is he? If he's 18 and above, the hotel booking should be done in his name.

3. No need for the property documents. Your cover letter should however be detailed. And properly outlining your sponsorship of the trip.

But everything is upside down in Nigeria and everyone wants to make money. Please await visa response until then, book on Travelbeta and get a dummy.
You jst need a reservation

kel, how far?
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by HRprof: 7:51am On Mar 01
odogwudozilla:
Has anyone paid for courier delivery of passport at TLS Contact recently? My aged mother just got charge 80k (Naira) for courier delivery from Lagos to Enugu. I was wondering if that is normal. Their website says 12k and I understand if that price is outdated seeing the economy, but 80k is insane IMO.

Anyone done this recently?

Prices has increased in all visa applications even in VFS I book and paid for appointments at VFS portal but when I get there i was charge extra to reflect the change in price after I paid for appointments.
Visa fee increased as well as courier service
See the fee analysis given to me at VFS
This is for Schengen visa ooo. Last time I got visa at VFS I paid less than 65k visa fee last year
The courier service you pay is for both sending your application and receiving from embassy by TLS and sending your passport to you from TLS

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by odogwudozilla: 9:21am On Mar 01
HRprof:

Prices has increased in all visa applications even in VFS I book and paid for appointments at VFS portal but when I get there i was charge extra to reflect the change in price after I paid for appointments.
This is for Schengen visa ooo. Last time I got visa at VFS I paid less than 65k visa fee last year
The courier service you pay is for both sending your application and receiving from embassy by TLS and sending your passport to you from TLS

Thanks for the breakdown. I totally understand that prices change. I guess they should be a bit more transparent about it and not suddenly ask for 80k for courier on the interview day. I was not expecting courier cost to be more than 40k (which I think is still reasonable). When I get the receipt they gave I'll also analyse it and post here (assuming nothing fishy), at least just so others can be aware of surprise additional costs.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by meljoe: 1:33pm On Mar 01
Thank you , I have my visa already , that’s why I was asking if I should buy my own ticket and do a reservation for him ? Then show the both of them ?

Africankel:

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by meljoe: 3:00pm On Mar 01
Is it okay if we both travel directly from Lagos to Spain instead of France ?
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Jamieabi: 5:30pm On Mar 02
Good evening

Guys if you need flight reservation, hotel reservation, appointment booking , Travel health insurance , statement of purpose ( SOP) , personal statement or cover letter writing for your visa application I can always be of help

1 Like

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Milito: 6:16pm On Mar 02
meljoe:
Is it okay if we both travel directly from Lagos to Spain instead of France ?

Is there a direct flight from Lagos to Spain?
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by pufframmy: 10:14pm On Mar 02
wow
HRprof:

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Milito: 5:38pm On Mar 03
thelma76:

Sure. Please see below:

The Consulate General of France in Lagos
1 Oyinkan Abayomi Road,
Ikoyi
Lagos

Through: VFS
Lagos, Nigeria
Visa Reference No:

Dear Sir/Madam,

COVER LETTER FOR FRANCE TOURIST VISA – NAME (Passport No: xxxxxx)

My name is NAME, a Nigerian National, resident in Lagos, Nigeria. I am applying from Nigeria, for a short-stay(tourist) Schengen visa. I am writing to support my application for a visitor Visa for the primary purpose of annual vacation (tourism) from 24th May 2024 till 29th May 2024.

I am a (Insert Role) professional in full time employment since XXXX (Insert YEAR) with Insert Company. I have approval for a leave of absence from my employer for the duration of my visit. I intend to return to Nigeria on 29th May 2024 at the end of my trip, resuming work effective Friday 30th June 2024.

A list of the supporting documents that have been submitted alongside this letter includes my previous travel history to (Insert previous countries you’ve travelled to) ,Visa and exit stamps from (insert countries), travel itinerary, return flight bookings, hotel/accommodation bookings and all necessary documents from my employer including an introduction letter, employment letter, proof of pension(optional) and my bank statement.

Trip Itinerary:

Day 1 – May 24th Commute to Hotel, unpack and Visit Pantheon, and Luxembourg Gardens
Day 2 – May 25th Visit to Arc de Triomphe
Day 3 – May etc etc Musee d’Orsay and Musee du Louvre

Thank you for your consideration. Please let me know if any further documentation or detail is required from me in respect to this application.

Yours Faithfully,

Name
Email:
M:

Simple and concise.

1 Like

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by hunee: 7:01pm On Mar 03
Spain visa fees remain same. You all should also consider these other places, everytime france france.
Spain visa process is also very seamless and straightforward.
You just need use their website to gather info needed
nigeria.blsspainvisa.com
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by okomoney: 7:37pm On Mar 03
Why is the courier fees two different type

HRprof:

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by HRprof: 8:17pm On Mar 03
okomoney:
Why is the courier fees two different type

I explained it there
One is for VFS to courier your application documents to embassy and return your passport back to VFS after embassy must have done processing your visa and the second fee is for VFS to courier your passport back to you after receiving from embassy

1 Like

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Milito: 11:51am On Mar 04
hunee:
Spain visa fees remain same. You all should also consider these other places, everytime france france.
Spain visa process is also very seamless and straightforward.
You just need use their website to gather info needed
nigeria.blsspainvisa.com

BLS is not efficient. The place is like a local govt office. They too usually hoards appointments.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by hunee: 11:53am On Mar 04
Lol. LG office ke grin
Milito:

BLS is not efficient. The place is like a local govt office. They too usually hoards appointments.
Milito just stay Miliki. grin you funny

1 Like

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Marcgrace: 5:34am On Mar 05
Hello, has anyone had an experience with France visa refusals due to previously unused visa ?
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by hunee: 9:10am On Mar 05
Nne leave francr, they are notorious for such refusals. Re apply via spain route
Marcgrace:
Hello, has anyone had an experience with France visa refusals due to previously unused visa ?

In 2023, I got a one month France visa but I wasn't able to travel. After then my France visas have been refused based on, "There are reasonable doubts as to your intention to leave the territory of the Member States before the visa expires".
Although I have been to France once on a 3 month multiple visa of which I stayed only a month and returned back.

I do not understand why my visa refusals are based on reasonable doubts as to your intention to leave the territory of the Member States before the visa expires while I have already had France visas twice ?
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by thelma76(f): 11:30am On Mar 05
Milito:

Is there a direct flight from Lagos to Spain?

Very good question because I don’t think there are direct flights to Spain from Lagos. Also if you got your visa through France, I’d advise you get a flight to Spain that connects through CDG Paris just so you’re stamped in at the French borders.

Air France connects through Amsterdam and Paris to get to Spain, best to book a connecting flight through France so there’s a record of getting stamped by the issuing country at least.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by spiceeamiee(f): 6:32pm On Mar 05
Hello everyone, please for those that travelled to Paris for holidays, how did you get internet (not hotel WiFi) that you used for google maps and to get directions to where you were going?.. I’m going to Paris in May and from there to London. I have a UK sim but I don’t think it would work in Paris so I need something to communicate as I can’t always rely on public WiFi to use whatsapp and other social media while out of the hotel
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by WantsandMore: 6:37pm On Mar 05
spiceeamiee:
Hello everyone, please for those that travelled to Paris for holidays, how did you get internet (not hotel WiFi) that you used for google maps and to get directions to where you were going?.. I’m going to Paris in May and from there to London. I have a UK sim but I don’t think it would work in Paris so I need something to communicate as I can’t always rely on public WiFi to use whatsapp and other social media while out of the hotel
if you use an esim enabled device simply load an esim & buy a little data until you leave Paris, or better still buy a universal WiFi with sim on a prepaid data bundle enough for your stay meanwhile lock one padlock for eiffel tower for me biko
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Milito: 7:00pm On Mar 05
spiceeamiee:

You can buy Euro sim at the airport. Or download this app, AIRALO, and use it with the esim feature of your phone, if your phone has such.

All you need to do is recharge and you are good to go afterwards. Before recharging in dollars, ensure you phone has the esim feature, otherwise money otilo be that. Lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Queenyetun: 5:15pm On Mar 06
Queenyetun:
Good evening all. I just got a refusal today with reason “There are reasonable doubts as to your intention to leave the territory before the visa expires”
Do you advise I appeal?

Good evening all. I reapplied for Schengen visa through France after a rejection from them.. as advised by the majority.
The visa was issued 💃🏾💃🏾💃🏾 Rejection in January, they approved in March with same documents
Thanks all

3 Likes

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Milito: 6:11pm On Mar 06
Queenyetun:

Good evening all. I reapplied for Schengen visa through France after a rejection from them.. as advised by the majority.
The visa was issued 💃🏾💃🏾💃🏾 Rejection in January, they approved in March with same documents
Thanks all

Good, I like your never giving up spirit.

Asides using same documents, is there anything you did differently?
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Vivianchi98: 6:13pm On Mar 06
Good evening gurus.
I applied for a France Shengen visa online and currently getting my documents ready for submission, I have a few questions:

1) I have a previous Irish visit visa rejection, do I declare it on my cover letter and submit the rejection letter. I am asking because it wasn’t asked on the online form and I don’t want to do anything that will lead to a ban.

2) I recently got a UK visit visa, yet to use it though. Do I add it in my application?

3) how much should I budget as I go with to TLS VI including the current visa fee in Naira.

4) on an average, how long does it take to get a visa decision

5) any special advice to note.

Yes I have read through a major part of this page for information. I just need further clarity
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Milito: 6:39pm On Mar 06
sanyaolurilwan:
Just to give an update.

I entered France yesterday night via Orly Airport, Paris from London, and I wasn't asked to provide any documents at the POE, I was only asked 2 things: I should show him my visa and where I was coming from. He took my fingerprint and stamped my passport. That's all.

Maybe I wasn't asked for documents because I came in from London.

Thanks.

The experience is usually different. Depends on the official, their mood, the arrival time, how they profile the visitor at first glance, etc.

Both times I've entered the schengen area territory from Naija direct, I was not asked anything. Save when one guy opened to an expired visa and was looking and looking and I had to refer him to the area of the passport where the new visa is stamped.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Queenyetun: 8:47pm On Mar 06
Milito:

Good, I like you never giving up spirit.

Asides using same documents, is there anything you did differently?

Thank you. I seriously worded my cover letter 😁😁, then added evidence of pension. That’s all

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (368) (369) (370) (371) (372) (373) (374) ... (386) (Reply)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2

Viewing this topic: Nicholasguzy and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.