Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,668 members, 7,813,233 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:07 AM

Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... - Travel (369) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... (788782 Views)

Securing Visa To Italy / Hungarian Student Visa Application, Applying From Nigeria / I'm Afraid Of Applying For A Us Visa Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (366) (367) (368) (369) (370) (371) (372) ... (381) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Ashirioluwa: 4:50pm On Feb 05
Zazozhe2022:
Please house where do I boook free hotel reservations for my stay. Booking and Agoda are all asking me to put a card that has money. They want to deduct money their father didn’t put in my account lol . Please help abeg

Most of the hotel reservation sites require credit or debit card information to finalize reservations.

You can do it on booking.com. Go for hotels with free cancellation and pay later.

1 Like

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Zazozhe2022(m): 5:33pm On Feb 05
Ashirioluwa:

Most of the hotel reservation sites require credit or debit card information to finalize reservations.

You can do it on booking.com. Go for hotels with free cancellation and pay later.

I did o. But after two days they wil tell me my card is invalid and my booking will be cancelled. The dollar cards I use normally has 7 or 8 $ inside. They probably want me to put the one that has the full money
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Osamagioghowewi(m): 8:38pm On Feb 05
Do France embassy conduct visa interview for visiting visa
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by sanyaolurilwan(m): 8:52pm On Feb 05
No

Osamagioghowewi:
Do France embassy conduct visa interview for visiting visa
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by jejelayeab(m): 12:51pm On Feb 06
Please house I need your sincere advice , can I begin an application now for the Olympics in France?
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by thelma76(f): 7:24pm On Feb 06
Queenyetun:

See ehn, I was confident I was going to get the visa. I had less than this balance when I got a Uk visa.. don’t know why France is moving mad
I pray you get yours.

I think UK is even worse lol but Thank you, I got it. They granted a 30day Visa valid for two months but single entry. I can’t complain as it’s better than a rejection. Additionally, the end date is in the last month I can travel with my passport since it expires 6months after…so that could have influenced the validity. The lady ahead of me got a rejection and she mentioned she had reapplied after the first rejection. Reason was something around the justification for the trip or so. She claimed to have submitted a “healthy balance/statement”. It is well. I knew the outcome before she mentioned it because when she opened her envelope, there was an A4 paper in it.

Note: this is my third Schengen visa but I only used one previously as the second one, I had a change in travel plans. I forgot to put the bookings for the Spain leg of the trip (I mentioned I’d be visiting two countries but forgot my hotel booking for Spain although the flight tickets showed the correct plans). Also, I’m single and my closing balance was exactly 2.9m and not more. It could be true that they’re really not granting a lot of visas to first time Schengen region Travellers because there was nothing soooo special about my profile….a mon avis.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Zazozhe2022(m): 8:59am On Feb 07
thelma76:

I think UK is even worse lol but Thank you, I got it. They granted a 30day Visa valid for two months but single entry. I can’t complain as it’s better than a rejection. Additionally, the end date is in the last month I can travel with my passport since it expires 6months after…so that could have influenced the validity. The lady ahead of me got a rejection and she mentioned she had reapplied after the first rejection. Reason was something around the justification for the trip or so. She claimed to have submitted a “healthy balance/statement”. It is well. I knew the outcome before she mentioned it because when she opened her envelope, there was an A4 paper in it.

Note: this is my third Schengen visa but I only used one previously as the second one, I had a change in travel plans. I forgot to put the bookings for the Spain leg of the trip (I mentioned I’d be visiting two countries but forgot my hotel booking for Spain although the flight tickets showed the correct plans). Also, I’m single and my closing balance was exactly 2.9m and not more. It could be true that they’re really not granting a lot of visas to first time Schengen region Travellers because there was nothing soooo special about my profile….a mon avis.

How do you book your hotel reservations please? I have been asked to put a card that has money before I can do reservations . Every time I will get a message from agoda nd booking that they could not charge my card by the hotel. But then I have already printed my confirmation.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Zazozhe2022(m): 2:05pm On Feb 07
Zazozhe2022:

How do you book your hotel reservations please? I have been asked to put a card that has money before I can do reservations . Every time I will get a message from agoda nd booking that they could not charge my card by the hotel. But then I have already printed my confirmation.

And again why they stingy with Visa so. The 3 rd time they still give you 1 months. So how do you qualify for a 1 year visa . Is it after 5 times wey you don go come back? lol or you have to specifically ask for it on your application?
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Ziongirl(f): 2:39pm On Feb 07
When did you submit your application and when did you get a notification your passport was ready for collection please?

thelma76:

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by thelma76(f): 4:25pm On Feb 07
Ziongirl:
When did you submit your application and when did you get a notification your passport was ready for collection please?

Submitted last week Tuesday, got it 5 working days after…..I was expecting it then (that’s their usual timeline actually). I noticed the visa vignette was stamped that same day I got the notice for pickup. Didn’t pay for delivery because UPS and co are funny sometimes, they hold onto visa packages for so long !

2 Likes

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by thelma76(f): 4:26pm On Feb 07
Zazozhe2022:

And again why they stingy with Visa so. The 3 rd time they still give you 1 months. So how do you qualify for a 1 year visa . Is it after 5 times wey you don go come back? lol or you have to specifically ask for it on your application?

I think my next visa would be a longer term one. I think it remains at the discretion of the embassy to grant it or not. I applied for multiple entry and said I would be visiting France later in the year but I was granted a single entry visa. Also recall I didn’t use my second visa so that could have played a part
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Zazozhe2022(m): 7:04am On Feb 08
thelma76:

I think my next visa would be a longer term one. I think it remains at the discretion of the embassy to grant it or not. I applied for multiple entry and said I would be visiting France later in the year but I was granted a single entry visa. Also recall I didn’t use my second visa so that could have played a part
. How did you book hotel reservations for free please? They keep asking me for money in the card
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by chimax1(m): 2:56pm On Feb 08
Hi everyone.
I applied on Monday and I have already gotten email today to pick up. This is my second application. I addressed all the issues in the first application with more supporting documentation in this application. This was also the response time for the first one and I am now apprehensive about the outcome. Is it normal to receive an approval in 3 working day?
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Ziongirl(f): 4:18pm On Feb 08
If you check this thread, you’ll see people that got their visa three days after applying. So that is not an issue

When did you get the email? Morning ? Did you also get an email when they transferred your application to the embassy?

chimax1:
Hi everyone.
I applied on Monday and I have already gotten email today to pick up. This is my second application. I addressed all the issues in the first application with more supporting documentation in this application. This was also the response time for the first one and I am now apprehensive about the outcome. Is it normal to receive an approval in 3 working day?
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by pufframmy: 4:35pm On Feb 08
am sorry to say
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by sihamey: 4:51pm On Feb 08
Zazozhe2022:

Use Booking.com app, book to pay at hotel also ensure it has free cancellation. but you can still use the printed confirmation you have they will not call the Hotel they just needed to see your itinerary, even flight reservation are cancelled after 72 hours and people still get their visa .

My opinion

3 Likes

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by chimax1(m): 7:38pm On Feb 08
Ziongirl:
If you check this thread, you’ll see people that got their visa three days after applying. So that is not an issue

When did you get the email? Morning ? Did you also get an email when they transferred your application to the embassy?

yes I got the email this morning. I also got updates all day through the process. I just feel a quick response time is not always good news. I sincerely hope not. I just have to wait till the passport is delivered I guess
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Ziongirl(f): 9:09pm On Feb 08
Nah. The duration is not an issue. I actually thought three days is the norm cause quite a number of people on this thread got their visa on the third day.
chimax1:
yes I got the email this morning. I also got updates all day through the process. I just feel a quick response time is not always good news. I sincerely hope not. I just have to wait till the passport is delivered I guess
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Sholly2003: 9:11pm On Feb 08
Hello everyone, a friend forgot to include her travel itinerary in the document she submitted, I want to know if this can affect the outcome of her visa or if there is any remedy to this.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Ziongirl(f): 9:24pm On Feb 08
Did you get a notification when your passport was transferred to the embassy from TLS?

chimax1:
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by thelma76(f): 10:21pm On Feb 08
Zazozhe2022:
. How did you book hotel reservations for free please? They keep asking me for money in the card

I used booking dot com. You just have to make sure you’re selecting a hotel that allows you to pay at the venue upon arrival and free cancellation. They will ask for your card details but they won’t deduct anything. Done this twice now and no issues.
I know the feedback usually comes in timely so there’s no chance that they’d have swiped the card before then.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by thelma76(f): 10:23pm On Feb 08
Sholly2003:
Hello everyone, a friend forgot to include her travel itinerary in the document she submitted, I want to know if this can affect the outcome of her visa or if there is any remedy to this.

What do you mean by travel itinerary? The flight bookings or hotel bookings? Also, how was this not caught by the VAC agents? Smh for them. Well, she can only hope for the best at this point if it’s either of the two things mentioned above because I know those things matter, with Schengen visas.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by chimax1(m): 7:03am On Feb 09
Ziongirl:
Did you get a notification when your passport was transferred to the embassy from TLS?

my application was transferred that same day, I got notification in the afternoon it was transferred. Hoping for the best now
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Ziongirl(f): 8:08am On Feb 09
I wish you the best
chimax1:
my application was transferred that same day, I got notification in the afternoon it was transferred. Hoping for the best now
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Ziongirl(f): 8:16am On Feb 09
chimax1:
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Folarge06(m): 11:37am On Feb 13
Visa Alert
Submitted 2nd of Feb
Issued 9th of Feb
Picked up this morning
1 Month 15 Days Multiple Entry visa issued

I actually applied for one year multiple entry visa with one year insurance policy attached to my application.

This will be my second France visa
First was 2 weeks multiple entry visa.

5 Likes

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Queenyetun: 3:05pm On Feb 13
Congratulations Thelma
Did you reserve tours for the purpose of the visa application?
thelma76:

(1) (2) (3) ... (366) (367) (368) (369) (370) (371) (372) ... (381) (Reply)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.