Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,203 members, 7,818,674 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:38 PM

Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... - Travel (50) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... (792272 Views)

Securing Visa To Italy / Hungarian Student Visa Application, Applying From Nigeria / I'm Afraid Of Applying For A Us Visa Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (382) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by puffmama: 8:01pm On Jul 27, 2018
why do you want to use their service? i once checked their site and thought their fees were high. The consular officers understand that you dont need to buy a ticket before you are issued a visa. You can book with the airline directly and choose an option to pay in the bank. The itinerary will be sent to the email provided and will be valid for 48-72 hours. even if its cancelled while your application is still at the embassy, it doesnt matter.

i am not sure but i think the main reason a flight reservation is requested is to have an idea of the cost of the trip and compare with your account balances. What you should be concerned about is your hotel booking which should be a confirmed one as the embassy verifies, you can choose one that allows free cancellation, even if you are charged a deposit, it would be refunded when you cancel also ensure you have a cover letter explaining your purpose of visit.

i wish you the very best.

mekuscato:
please has anyone successfully used the service of
https://www.flightreservationforvisa.com/
to book flight.
if yes
please tell me how you did it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by omoijebujesha(f): 12:03pm On Jul 28, 2018
Professor1234:
Omoijebujesha, so I got a pick up email today. I had to reschedule my flight to Monday. My flight is on Sunday.
Congratulations. We had to request for our passports because my daughter had an application appointment with the US embassy. There was no visa on our passports though I wasn't expecting one as I was made to understand that if one requests for their passport before a decision is made; which is subject to travel date to schengen country, no visa will be issued.
Cheers

1 Like

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Professor1234(f): 2:37am On Jul 29, 2018
omoijebujesha:

Congratulations. We had to request for our passports because my daughter had an application appointment with the US embassy. There was no visa on our passports though I wasn't expecting one as I was made to understand that if one requests for their passport before a decision is made; which is subject to travel date to schengen country, no visa will be issued.
Cheers
This is so true. We were denied cos we pestered them a lot
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by cutiez2: 8:16am On Jul 29, 2018
Anyone in Reims or going to Reims

1 Like

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by ogatboy(m): 1:09pm On Jul 29, 2018
cutiez2:
Anyone in Reims or going to Reims

����
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by mekuscato: 8:26pm On Jul 29, 2018
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by xcellentp: 5:50pm On Jul 30, 2018
Please Help me with advice boss!
I just received the message to pick up my passport tomorrow.

Now, Can I change my hotel reservation today as this hotel may charge my credit card anytime from tomorrow morning I guest though.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by mavinc4u(f): 9:32pm On Jul 30, 2018
xcellentp:
Please Help me with advice boss!
I just received the message to pick up my passport tomorrow.

Now, Can I change my hotel reservation today as this hotel may charge my credit card anytime from tomorrow morning I guest though.

Yes, you can change or cancel it because you are yet to know the news in the passport, don't let those people deduct money from your card when you are not sure of the outcome.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Peterson1217: 9:33pm On Jul 30, 2018
please house , i submitted a france visa application for myself and my wife , and i booked a hotel reservation for both of us , only to check my email the next day , my booking has been cancel , what should i do and my application is already submitted ....the application has been with france embassy now for 3weeks , please i need advice
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by mavinc4u(f): 9:49pm On Jul 30, 2018
Peterson1217:
please house , i submitted a france visa application for myself and my wife , and i booked a hotel reservation for both of us , only to check my email the next day , my booking has been cancel , what should i do and my application is already submitted ....the application has been with france embassy now for 3weeks , please i need advice

Is 15 working days, check your calendar. As for cancellation, is in God's hand. It is a 50-50 thing; they might check or might not check. Wish you the best.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by xcellentp: 1:27am On Jul 31, 2018
mavinc4u:

Yes, you can change or cancel it because you are yet to know the news in the passport, don't let those people deduct money from your card when you are not sure of the outcome.

Thanks so much! I will share the outcome here tomorrow.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by ITABABE: 9:30am On Jul 31, 2018
My visit visa app has been with the embassy for more than 15 working days. Travel is supposed to be in two weeks. Tracker is still showing app still with embassy. Is there a no to reach the embassy directly . Ticket prices are going up
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by ITABABE: 9:31am On Jul 31, 2018
Professor1234:
This is so true. We were denied cos we pestered them a lot
how long was your app with the embassy
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Cyberknight: 10:37am On Jul 31, 2018
Peterson1217:
please house , i submitted a france visa application for myself and my wife , and i booked a hotel reservation for both of us , only to check my email the next day , my booking has been cancel , what should i do and my application is already submitted ....the application has been with france embassy now for 3 weeks , please i need advice

Contact the hotel and reactivate the booking. You might have to pay a deposit, part of which might be refundable, all depending on the hotel. The last hotel I booked placed a hold of 20% of the cost on my card to confirm the booking.

The fact remains that if you are planning a holiday abroad, which will cost you both at least 2,000 euros in plane fares and accommodation costs at a minimum, paying a deposit and possibly forfeiting a percentage of that deposit comes with the territory.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Austine2020: 1:26pm On Jul 31, 2018
Cyberknight:

Contact the hotel and reactivate the booking. You might have to pay a deposit, part of which might be refundable, all depending on the hotel. The last hotel I booked placed a hold of 20% of the cost on my card to confirm the booking.

The fact remains that if you are planning a holiday abroad, which will cost you both at least 2,000 euros in plane fares and accommodation costs at a minimum, paying a deposit and possibly forfeiting a percentage of that deposit comes with the territory.
Honestly this Hotel reservation is always a very big problem,thats why i want to send money to my friend in france to book directly from the Hotel for 2 weeks and pay for 1 week for me with the option of cancellation & refund if the visa didn't come, and then send the reservation to me via Email. Because this reservation of a thing is very very Important.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by xcellentp: 7:14pm On Jul 31, 2018
xcellentp:

Thanks so much! I will share the outcome here tomorrow.

I pick my passport today and I was refused base on the condition that the justification and purpose of intended stay was not provided.

Questions! What may usually cause this base on experience boss in the house.
Information submitted!!!
1. App form
2. Tax Clearance
3. Marriage Certificate
4. Statement of account #2m plus $1500 Dom acciunt
5. Confirm Hotel reservation
6. Confirm flight reservation
7. CAC certificate
8. Birth certificate.
9. Cover letter detailed my travel plan.

2 Likes

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Peterson1217: 8:45pm On Jul 31, 2018
Thanks very much mavinc4u , i just don't understand why a hotel will want to charge when it's not yet time for my arrival , such a silly situation , am just sad cos i really need this visa for my family trip.. all my documents are perfectly cool along with my personal bank statement and my business statement of account , this sill hotel reservation is just giving lots of concern , i just pray God almighty make this application a success for my family...
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by ededdneddy: 11:21pm On Jul 31, 2018
Hey. I'm new on this forum. I have a question please. Is it compulsory to submit my birth certificate when applying for a French student visa? It wasn't on the list of required documents and I wasn't asked to provide it yesterday when I submitted them at VFS.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Professor1234(f): 6:32am On Aug 01, 2018
ITABABE:
how long was your app with the embassy
I applied on the 3rd of July, after a lot of pestering it came out on 20th July
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by mavinc4u(f): 6:34am On Aug 01, 2018
xcellentp:

I pick my passport today and I was refused base on the condition that the justification and purpose of intended stay was not provided.

Questions! What may usually cause this base on experience boss in the house.
Information submitted!!!
1. App form
2. Tax Clearance
3. Marriage Certificate
4. Statement of account #2m plus $1500 Dom account
5. Confirm Hotel reservation
6. Confirm flight reservation
7. CAC certificate
8. Birth certificate.
9. Cover letter detailed my travel plan.

they said your purpose cannot be justified as your reason. Once their mind is made in giving visa, that is the kind of response they drop. you can read more here https://travel.stackexchange.com/questions/53411/schengen-visa-refusal-justification-for-the-purpose-and-conditions-of-the-inten

you didn't add travel and health insurance? it could also be as a result of that.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by xcellentp: 7:55am On Aug 01, 2018
mavinc4u:

they said your purpose cannot be justified as your reason. Once their mind is made in giving visa, that is the kind of response they drop. you can read more here https://travel.stackexchange.com/questions/53411/schengen-visa-refusal-justification-for-the-purpose-and-conditions-of-the-inten

you didn't add travel and health insurance? it could also be as a result of that.

I add health insurance - AIICO. Moreover, I suspect something regarding my case because I saw about 5persons refuse yesterday and we relate together.

There own reasons is slightly different from mine.
Some they thick like 4reasons plus that are "justification for the purpose was not reliable".

Is these statement really means the same thing was "not reliable" and "not provided"
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by mavinc4u(f): 9:40am On Aug 01, 2018
xcellentp:

I add health insurance - AIICO. Moreover, I suspect something regarding my case because I saw about 5persons refuse yesterday and we relate together.

There own reasons is slightly different from mine.
Some they thick like 4reasons plus that are "justification for the purpose was not reliable".

Is these statement really means the same thing was "not reliable" and "not provided"

number 2, 8 and 9 are saying the same thing. which means every thing is okay but we are not sure you are coming back after visiting. Visa application is just by luck and grace because they can deny one even with their own mistake.

what is the date on your insurance? France appeal takes time, i don't know if it is faster now. did your cover letter contain enough information on your planned itinerary on each day.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Nowayo4Real: 12:08am On Aug 03, 2018

Good evening all,

I picked up my passport today with a year study visa on it. I really thank God who made it possible. I can't stop thanking everyone here that responded to my worries, queries before and after my application. Many more thanks to Ogatboy, Jamaticulus, harzontorh, youngmil, and all of you who took time out of your tight schedule to provide the necessary assistance.

I submitted on July 20th 2018 and got SMS for collection on 1st August 2018.

Its my first time visa application. I am indeed grateful to God almighty for everything.

For those that are yet to submit, I would advice you get all the documents as specified in the checklist, and above all, pray like you never prayed.

8 Likes

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by ogatboy(m): 8:46am On Aug 03, 2018
Nowayo4Real:

Good evening all,

I pick up my passport today with a year study visa on it. I really thank God for making it possible. I can't stop thanking everyone here that responded to my worries, queries before and after my application. Many more thanks to Ogatboy, Jamaticulus, harzontorh, youngmil, and all of you who took time out of your tight schedule to provide the necessary assistance.

I submitted on July 20th 2018 and got SMS for collection on 1st August 2018.

Its my first time visa application. I really thank God made it possible.

For those that are yet to submit, I would advice you get all the documents as specified in the checklist, and above all, pray like you never prayed.

It would be nice if you can give à statment of the process you took in the whole admission to visa. Not detailed but briefly just to help others, it will be highly appreciated

1 Like

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by ITABABE: 8:58am On Aug 03, 2018
Nowayo4Real:

Good evening all,

I pick up my passport today with a year study visa on it. I really thank God for making it possible. I can't stop thanking everyone here that responded to my worries, queries before and after my application. Many more thanks to Ogatboy, Jamaticulus, harzontorh, youngmil, and all of you who took time out of your tight schedule to provide the necessary assistance.

congrats

1 Like

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Nowayo4Real: 4:30pm On Aug 03, 2018
Firstly, I got to know about the course from this site www.mastersportal.com. I applied, passed their Skype interview, and was accepted for admission.

I contacted Campus France, who gave me the checklist of documents that I would need to provide for visa consideration.

I gathered all the documents as specified in the checklist, went for campus France interview, after that, I proceeded to VFS for submission. Unfortunately, I couldn't submit it the same day because I went with 6months SOA which I was asked to go back and bring that of 3months.

For insurance, the start date must be the intended date of your travel.
SOA must be 3months. If your working, get your employment letter attested by Chamber of Commerce, and also a recommendation letter from your company.

For flight, book in the morning of your interview or a day before.

Accommodation, (hmmmmmm, sign of relief), although my school made it simple, but what you should know is that, the earlier you start, the better if your school can't assist.

Lastly, your SOA must show a proof of at least €615/month for the whole period of your study.

Above all, Pray Until Something Happen (PUSH).

I think this helps. Should you have further or specific question, please do not hesitate to bring it forward here for the Gurus in the house to assist.

Je nous souhaite tout le meilleur.

ogatboy:

It would be nice if you can give à statment of the process you took in the whole admission to visa. Not detailed but briefly just to help others, it will be highly appreciated

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by luwabrooklyn(m): 9:42pm On Aug 05, 2018
Nowayo4Real:
Firstly, I got to know about the course from this site www.mastersportal.com. I applied, passed their Skype interview, and was accepted for admission.

I contacted Campus France, who gave me the checklist of documents that I would need to provide for visa consideration.

I gathered all the documents as specified in the checklist, went for campus France interview, after that, I proceeded to VFS for submission. Unfortunately, I couldn't submit it the same day because I went with 6months SOA which I was asked to go back and bring that of 3months.

For insurance, the start date must be the intended date of your travel.
SOA must be 3months. If your working, get your employment letter attested by Chamber of Commerce, and also a recommendation letter from your company.

For flight, book in the morning of your interview or a day before.

Accommodation, (hmmmmmm, sign of relief), although my school made it simple, but what you should know is that, the earlier you start, the better if your school can't assist.

Lastly, your SOA must show a proof of at least €615/month for the whole period of your study.

Above all, Pray Until Something Happen (PUSH).

I think this helps. Should you have further or specific question, please do not hesitate to bring it forward here for the Gurus in the house to assist.

Je nous souhaite tout le meilleur.

hello please I need help i want to further in my knowledge in cooking in France. I want a cheap culinary school(pastry) please how can I process that
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Peterson1217: 9:43pm On Aug 05, 2018
HELLO HOUSE , I NEED YOUR COMMENT AS I AM SO SO WORRIED , I SUBMITTED MY FRENCH TOURIST VISA APPLICATION FOR MYSELF AND MY WIFE FOR OVER 3 WEEKS....THIS NEW WEEK WILL MAKE IT 4 WEEKS , I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO EXPECT , ALL MY DOCUMENTS ARE COOL AND MY BOTH BANK STATEMENT ARE COOL,MY ONLY WORRIES IS THAT MY HOTEL RESERVATION WAS CANCEL AFTER I HAVE ALREADY SUBMITTED MY APPLICATION.

THE APPLICATION HAS BEEN IN FOR THE 4TH WEEKS , PLEASE WHAT IS MY STANDS ??

AM STRESSED AND COMFUSED
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Johnokafor10001: 12:50am On Aug 06, 2018
please i need advise , i know sometimes they dont check account statements .I have company under name registered with CAC and i have 30million naira inside the company account and i am the only signatory BUT do not have more than 50 thausands naira in my personal saving account

can i apply using company account without my saving account .
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Adebashy(f): 5:12am On Aug 06, 2018
Hello, kindly help me with cheap hotel to stay in Paris for 3nights just to tour around Paris. Thanks
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by ogatboy(m): 10:25am On Aug 06, 2018
Adebashy:
Hello, kindly help me with cheap hotel to stay in Paris for 3nights just to tour around Paris. Thanks

use bookings.com or you can check for hostel option

1 Like

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by ogatboy(m): 10:26am On Aug 06, 2018
Peterson1217:
HELLO HOUSE , I NEED YOUR COMMENT AS I AM SO SO WORRIED , I SUBMITTED MY FRENCH TOURIST VISA APPLICATION FOR MYSELF AND MY WIFE FOR OVER 3 WEEKS....THIS NEW WEEK WILL MAKE IT 4 WEEKS , I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO EXPECT , ALL MY DOCUMENTS ARE COOL AND MY BOTH BANK STATEMENT ARE COOL,MY ONLY WORRIES IS THAT MY HOTEL RESERVATION WAS CANCEL AFTER I HAVE ALREADY SUBMITTED MY APPLICATION.

THE APPLICATION HAS BEEN IN FOR THE 4TH WEEKS , PLEASE WHAT IS MY STANDS ??

AM STRESSED AND COMFUSED

Spend the worrying time for prayer. Only the consulate determines who they give n who they dont give

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (382) (Reply)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2

Viewing this topic: kunletune and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.