Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,815 members, 7,820,877 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:25 AM

Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... - Travel (53) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... (793612 Views)

Securing Visa To Italy / Hungarian Student Visa Application, Applying From Nigeria / I'm Afraid Of Applying For A Us Visa Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) ... (382) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by tayotp: 8:35pm On Aug 27, 2018
[quote author=Cyberknight post=70665025]

Thank you
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by MANGOandCORN: 6:49pm On Aug 28, 2018
finbarrschuka:
Has anyone gotten a pick up SMS from VFS especially people who applied for student's visa between 30th July and 1st week of August in Lagos ??
Hey Have you picked up your passport yet? What date exactly did you submit?
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Micafe: 1:02pm On Aug 29, 2018
submitted since 26th of July at VFS lagos,
tracking says Application has been received at the Embassy of France 7/27/2018.

patiently waiting, fingers crossed.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by ededdneddy: 1:25pm On Aug 29, 2018
finbarrschuka:
Has anyone gotten a pick up SMS from VFS especially people who applied for student's visa between 30th July and 1st week of August in Lagos ??

Hey. I got my visa today, one year. And I made so many mistakes in my application. One of them being I submitted SOA of 6/7 months. And another of one year. I don't know how it happened because I thought I wouldn't get the visa but I did. I'm so grateful. So don't worry, it'll be okay.

1 Like

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by ededdneddy: 1:34pm On Aug 29, 2018
ededdneddy:

Hey. I got my visa today, one year. And I made so many mistakes in my application. One of them being I submitted SOA of 6/7 months. And another of one year. I don't know how it happened because I thought I wouldn't get the visa but I did. I'm so grateful. So don't worry, it'll be okay.

I forgot to add, I submitted at VFS on the 30th of July. Please can anyone tell me what documents I'll need at immigration

1 Like

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Cyberknight: 2:11pm On Aug 29, 2018
ededdneddy:

I forgot to add, I submitted at VFS on the 30th of July. Please can anyone tell me what documents I'll need at immigration

Congrats on getting your visa.
Have documentary evidence about your trip when passing through immigration control - at a minimum, proof of confirmed accommodation, your invitation letter from your host if any, evidence of what you are coming to do in Europe, your health insurance, your return ticket, and sufficient cash to cover the duration of your trip. They might ask to see all or some of these documents at random - I haven't been checked for a while, but on my last trip in April, the immigration officer asked to see my hotel booking and return ticket (I came through Amsterdam).

I've never spent more than a week in Europe so far, so for 7 days I usually carry about 1k euros in cash and fund my debit card up to another $500 as a back up. Remember that card payments come with a lot of charges, so preferably use your card for making major one-off payments like a hotel bill and not little ones.

Enjoy your trip.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Harzontorh: 3:40pm On Aug 29, 2018
ededdneddy:

Congrats to you !

What may be asked from you at Point of Entry depends on the type of your Visa. Is it a Long stay Study Visa or Tourist?

However, neither of the cases is serious.

1 Like

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by MANGOandCORN: 3:43pm On Aug 29, 2018
Congratulations on your visa. Please what documents did you submit, what's your fees like and what was the SOA you submitted like? Also, what day and around what time exactly did you receive their pick up sms? Plenty questions bro sorry.
ededdneddy:

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by ededdneddy: 4:05pm On Aug 29, 2018
Cyberknight:

Congrats on getting your visa.
Have documentary evidence about your trip when passing through immigration control - at a minimum, proof of confirmed accommodation, your invitation letter from your host if any, evidence of what you are coming to do in Europe, your health insurance, your return ticket, and sufficient cash to cover the duration of your trip. They might ask to see all or some of these documents at random - I haven't been checked for a while, but on my last trip in April, the immigration officer asked to see my hotel booking and return ticket (I entered the Schengen area through Amsterdam).

I've never spent more than a week in Europe so far, so for 7 days I usually carry about 1k euros in cash and fund my debit card up to another $500 as a back up. Remember that card payments come with a lot of charges, so preferably use your card for making major one-off payments like a hotel bill and not little ones.

Enjoy your trip.

Thanks so much for the advice.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by ededdneddy: 4:08pm On Aug 29, 2018
Harzontorh:

Congrats to you !

What may be asked from you at Point of Entry depends on the type of your Visa. Is it a Long stay Study Visa or Tourist?

However, neither of the cases is serious.

I got a one year student visa. I'm going to study French.

1 Like

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by ededdneddy: 4:27pm On Aug 29, 2018
MANGOandCORN:
Congratulations on your visa. Please what documents did you submit, what's your fees like and what was the SOA you submitted like? Also, what day and around what time exactly did you receive their pick up sms? Plenty questions bro sorry.

I submitted all the documents on the checklist I got from campus france, as well as some additional documents that seemed relevant. Like attestation of class attendance from Alliance Française of Port Harcourt, my delf language diplomas A2 and B1. My university transcripts, certificates, awards (I didn't graduate by the way, I explained why in my cover letter). My dad is my sponsor. He got about 4 bank statements. One to prove he's been funding my education and upkeep. One of his salary account. Another to prove his extra source of income. The last was his savings account. The main bank account being his salary account had about 3 million in it. The 3 million was deposited in one day. But before that he had a good record, good inflow and outflow and a turnover of almost 2 million. He provided an explanatory note on his bank statements to clarify them.

I paid 49,615; Courier charges 4,150 The visa itself is about 35,105 plus 9,910 for vfs service charge. I had my interview at campus France on the 30th of July and submitted at vfs the same day. It was hell. Stayed there till almost 6pm. I got my pick up message on the 28th at about 4pm

By the way, I'm a girl.

2 Likes

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by MANGOandCORN: 4:56pm On Aug 29, 2018
Lol. Forgive me darling. So happy for you. Have a safe trip when you leave.
ededdneddy:

I submitted all the documents on the checklist I got from campus france, as well as some additional documents that seemed relevant. Like attestation of class attendance from Alliance Française of Port Harcourt, my delf language diplomas A2 and B1. My university transcripts, certificates, awards (I didn't graduate by the way, I explained why in my cover letter). My dad is my sponsor. He got about 4 bank statements. One to prove he's been funding my education and upkeep. One of his salary account. Another to prove his extra source of income. The last was his savings account. The main bank account being his salary account had about 3 million in it. The 3 million was deposited in one day. But before that he had a good record, good inflow and outflow and a turnover of almost 2 million. He provided an explanatory note on his bank statements to clarify them.

I paid 49,615; Courier charges 4,150 The visa itself is about 35,105 plus 9,910 for vfs service charge. I had my interview at campus France on the 30th of July and submitted at vfs the same day. It was hell. Stayed there till almost 6pm. I got my pick up message on the 28th at about 4pm

By the way, I'm a girl.

1 Like

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Harzontorh: 10:53pm On Aug 29, 2018
[quote author=ededdneddy post=70722279]
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Perfectnumber6(m): 10:11am On Aug 30, 2018
MANGOandCORN:
Lol. Forgive me darling. So happy for you. Have a safe trip when you leave.

Congrats girl am so happy for you, two of my friends submitted same day with you oo, one of them got his passport back 10 days later with the French student visa, the other one is still waiting for an SMS to come for pick up till this minute. Don't know why his is being delayed .
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Unique422: 3:50pm On Aug 30, 2018
Peterson1217:
please house , i submitted a france visa application for myself and my wife , and i booked a hotel reservation for both of us , only to check my email the next day , my booking has been cancel , what should i do and my application is already submitted ....the application has been with france embassy now for 3weeks , please i need advice
Please i'll like to know the outcome of your application, because i'm experiencing the same. have you gotten any response yet? Mine is over a month and 18 days now!
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Unique422: 3:55pm On Aug 30, 2018
Please i'll like to find out if there's anyone who submitted a France visa application since July 12th and hasn't gotten a response. My application is a month and 18 days now, is that normal or should i be worried?
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Kingp955: 8:59pm On Aug 30, 2018
I'm in a similar situation. Applied on the 25th of July and no response. My school resumes next week undecided
Unique422:
Please i'll like to find out if there's anyone who submitted a France visa application since July 12th and hasn't gotten a response. My application is a month and 18 days now, is that normal or should i be worried?
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Perfectnumber6(m): 9:50pm On Aug 30, 2018
Unique422:
which school did you apply for my friend's own be a month tomorrow. Still no response yet from the French embassy, they were two that applied same day, the other one got his passport and student visa on it 10 working days after , but no response for the other one yet. Don't know why French embassy is this slow .
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by ededdneddy: 10:31pm On Aug 30, 2018
Harzontorh:

Good one. No Problem with point of entry. It's VLS-TS.
In few cases/incase, make sure Your Admission letter is close, the stamped Offi form, and accommodation papers.

PS: I am also francophone. Français est doux !

Tu étudiera dans quel ville et quel université même?

Grenoble pour la vIlle. Je m'intégre le cuef, un composant de ĺ'UGA. C'est génial parce que j'ai entendu dit que c'est la meilleure ville pour les etudiants. Vous êtes actuellement en France ou?
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by ededdneddy: 10:38pm On Aug 30, 2018
Perfectnumber6:

Congrats girl am so happy for you, two of my friends submitted same day with you oo, one of them got his passport back 10 days later with the French student visa, the other one is still waiting for an SMS to come for pick up till this minute. Don't know why his is being delayed .

Thanks. I got mine in about 18 working days, and 8 days to my resumption date. I guess they're clarifying a few things.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Perfectnumber6(m): 8:25am On Aug 31, 2018
ededdneddy:

Thanks. I got mine in about 18 working days, and 8 days to my resumption date. I guess they're clarifying a few things.
The guy used his elder sister's Company SOA she's the MD with about N36M in it .
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Harzontorh: 11:09am On Aug 31, 2018
ededdneddy:

Grenoble pour la vIlle. Je m'intégre le cuef, un composant de ĺ'UGA. C'est génial parce que j'ai entendu dit que c'est la meilleure ville pour les etudiants. Vous êtes actuellement en France ou?

Ah bon, même université Grenoble Alpes mais mon formation sera différent.

J'ai essayé de t'envoyer une message mais ça passe pas.
Envoi moi stp!
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by ogedozie: 11:23am On Sep 01, 2018
ededdneddy:

congratulations. For how long will your programme last ?
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Peterson1217: 8:49pm On Sep 02, 2018
MEHN the situation is becoming on bearable , i still have not gotten any update from France embassy , i have gone to the vfs center 2 times and they keep saying not yet out , please also keep me on the loop if yours comes out , did you submit along with your family or just your personal application ??
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Peterson1217: 8:59pm On Sep 02, 2018
If it's possible send me your cell let me call you , am also tense but i still believe it will be good news for us because the application has been over a months , if it was to be bad news we would have got it long ago , am just hoping it turns out positive
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by lanrayx: 9:02am On Sep 03, 2018
can anyone list the requirements for the French student visa do I apply to the university directly like the case of Canada and Ireland or through a portal like Germany.
I have tried googling I have seen study in France and campus France, which is which.

Also are they January intakes
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by ogatboy(m): 9:41am On Sep 03, 2018
lanrayx:
can anyone list the requirements for the French student visa do I apply to the university directly like the case of Canada and Ireland or through a portal like Germany.
I have tried googling I have seen study in France and campus France, which is which.

Also are they January intakes

Search for campus france Nigeria and send them an email to forward you the checklist or someone who got it recently can post it here.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by ayangusjnr: 9:53am On Sep 03, 2018
Here is the checklist

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by oshpumpin: 10:50am On Sep 03, 2018
Just don't know why the embassy would not attend to visa issues for almost six weeks now.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Austine2020: 11:14am On Sep 03, 2018
oshpumpin:
Just don't know why the embassy would not attend to visa issues for almost six weeks now.
Its so annoying, i don't know the work they do there apart from Visa issues that makes it impossible for them to return peoples passport by 2 or 3 weeks as stated by them.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by oshpumpin: 11:19am On Sep 03, 2018
I ve sent them emails and yet they refused to even acknowledge the mails. May God help us.

(1) (2) (3) ... (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) ... (382) (Reply)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2

Viewing this topic: Blessedsteph

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.