Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,534 members, 7,823,323 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:45 AM

Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... - Travel (51) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... (794803 Views)

Securing Visa To Italy / Hungarian Student Visa Application, Applying From Nigeria / I'm Afraid Of Applying For A Us Visa Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (383) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Cyberknight: 10:49am On Aug 06, 2018
Peterson1217:
HELLO HOUSE , I NEED YOUR COMMENT AS I AM SO SO WORRIED , I SUBMITTED MY FRENCH TOURIST VISA APPLICATION FOR MYSELF AND MY WIFE FOR OVER 3 WEEKS....THIS NEW WEEK WILL MAKE IT 4 WEEKS , I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO EXPECT , ALL MY DOCUMENTS ARE COOL AND MY BOTH BANK STATEMENT ARE COOL,MY ONLY WORRIES IS THAT MY HOTEL RESERVATION WAS CANCEL AFTER I HAVE ALREADY SUBMITTED MY APPLICATION.

THE APPLICATION HAS BEEN IN FOR THE 4TH WEEKS , PLEASE WHAT IS MY STANDS ??

AM STRESSED AND COMFUSED

Did you take any steps to reactivate your hotel booking after it was cancelled?
I once had a hotel booking that was cancelled and I immediately called them and made a deposit. If you have not taken any steps to reactivate your hotel booking, then it makes no sense to say you're worried about it.

In any case, give it some more time, this is summer period and some embassies are likely to be busy.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by ededdneddy: 5:41pm On Aug 06, 2018
Nowayo4Real:
Firstly, I got to know about the course from this site www.mastersportal.com. I applied, passed their Skype interview, and was accepted for admission.

I contacted Campus France, who gave me the checklist of documents that I would need to provide for visa consideration.

I gathered all the documents as specified in the checklist, went for campus France interview, after that, I proceeded to VFS for submission. Unfortunately, I couldn't submit it the same day because I went with 6months SOA which I was asked to go back and bring that of 3months.

For insurance, the start date must be the intended date of your travel.
SOA must be 3months. If your working, get your employment letter attested by Chamber of Commerce, and also a recommendation letter from your company.

For flight, book in the morning of your interview or a day before.

Accommodation, (hmmmmmm, sign of relief), although my school made it simple, but what you should know is that, the earlier you start, the better if your school can't assist.

Lastly, your SOA must show a proof of at least €615/month for the whole period of your study.

Above all, Pray Until Something Happen (PUSH).

I think this helps. Should you have further or specific question, please do not hesitate to bring it forward here for the Gurus in the house to assist.

Je nous souhaite tout le meilleur.

Hey. Congratulations. I would like to ask, what city and school are you going to?
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by mavinc4u(f): 10:12pm On Aug 06, 2018
Peterson1217:
please house , i submitted a france visa application for myself and my wife , and i booked a hotel reservation for both of us , only to check my email the next day , my booking has been cancel , what should i do and my application is already submitted ....the application has been with france embassy now for 3weeks , please i need advice

Which day exactly did you apply?
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Adebashy(f): 7:36am On Aug 07, 2018
ogatboy:

use bookings.com or you can check for hostel option

Thanks
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Peterson1217: 9:49pm On Aug 09, 2018
I applied 12 of July , up till date still no update from the embassy
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Johnokafor10001: 12:58am On Aug 10, 2018
Peterson1217:
call them or go there , it last just two weeks only
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by mavinc4u(f): 11:51am On Aug 10, 2018
Peterson1217:

someone applied the same date as yours has collected his own this week
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by mavinc4u(f): 11:56am On Aug 10, 2018
xcellentp:

I add health insurance - AIICO. Moreover, I suspect something regarding my case because I saw about 5persons refuse yesterday and we relate together.

There own reasons is slightly different from mine.
Some they thick like 4reasons plus that are "justification for the purpose was not reliable".

Is these statement really means the same thing was "not reliable" and "not provided"

please did those mufons stamp denial on your passports?
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Peterson1217: 8:33pm On Aug 10, 2018
Boss what was the applicant outcome? was it good news ? , Personally i was their today and vfs guys told me not yet out , i hope everything turn out to be success when it came out , because it will be so frustrating to get a bad news after the long wait , the vfs guys just told so long i have waited this far it shld be good news, i really hope so.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Nobody: 11:16pm On Aug 10, 2018
Peterson1217:
please house , i submitted a france visa application for myself and my wife , and i booked a hotel reservation for both of us , only to check my email the next day , my booking has been cancel , what should i do and my application is already submitted ....the application has been with france embassy now for 3weeks , please i need advice

Please what are the documents u submitted? I wanna know what docs do one need to submit as couples going together. Thanks
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by mavinc4u(f): 11:33pm On Aug 10, 2018
Peterson1217:
Boss what was the applicant outcome? was it good news ? , Personally i was their today and vfs guys told me not yet out , i hope everything turn out to be success when it came out , because it will be so frustrating to get a bad news after the long wait , the vfs guys just told so long i have waited this far it shld be good news, i really hope so.

When is your travel date? If your travel date has passed then it might be a good news.

they didn't give the applicant,
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Johnokafor10001: 12:32am On Aug 11, 2018
xcellentp:

I pick my passport today and I was refused base on the condition that the justification and purpose of intended stay was not provided.

Questions! What may usually cause this base on experience boss in the house.
Information submitted!!!
1. App form
2. Tax Clearance
3. Marriage Certificate
4. Statement of account #2m plus $1500 Dom acciunt
5. Confirm Hotel reservation
6. Confirm flight reservation
7. CAC certificate
8. Birth certificate.
9. Cover letter detailed my travel plan.
well i feel france decline everyone with 2m-3m . because i had a very hot experience 2015 , a guy i meet there applied with 6m and i had just 2m in my account , this guy got visa . upgrade your account upto 10m
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by mavinc4u(f): 12:45pm On Aug 11, 2018
Johnokafor10001:
well i feel france decline everyone with 2m-3m . because i had a very hot experience 2015 , a guy i meet there applied with 6m and i had just 2m in my account , this guy got visa . upgrade your account upto 10m

shocked that is not true bro. People had less than a million and still got the visa.

4 Likes

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Mumyjand: 10:47pm On Aug 11, 2018
Hello House I Appel my France visa refusal and a mail came in and after translating it this is what was sent I don’t understand what the letter is all about can someone explain better please thank you. I have the honor to acknowledge receipt received on 04/07/2018 and to inform you that it has been registered under the number indicated above in reference I would be grateful if you could send me before 05/08/2018 copy of your appeal sign In the absence of regularization of your appeal within one month, this appeal will no longer be subject to regularization and its inadmissible nature will necessarily be established.I would like to remind you that the Appeals Board against visa refusal decisions in France has a maximum period of two months to take a decision following the suspension of this deadline because of this request for legalization. In the absence of an express reply from the said commission, your appeal will be deemed to have been the subject of an implied decision to reject please also inform the secretariat of the commission of your eventual change of address I finally ask you to mention the registration number indicated above in all the correspondence relating to this file I beg you to dagreer the expression of my consideration
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by mavinc4u(f): 8:30am On Aug 12, 2018
Mumyjand:
Hello House I Appel my France visa refusal and a mail came in and after translating it this is what was sent I don’t understand what the letter is all about can someone explain better please thank you. I have the honor to acknowledge receipt received on 04/07/2018 and to inform you that it has been registered under the number indicated above in reference I would be grateful if you could send me before 05/08/2018 copy of your appeal sign In the absence of regularization of your appeal within one month, this appeal will no longer be subject to regularization and its inadmissible nature will necessarily be established.I would like to remind you that the Appeals Board against visa refusal decisions in France has a maximum period of two months to take a decision following the suspension of this deadline because of this request for legalization. In the absence of an express reply from the said commission, your appeal will be deemed to have been the subject of an implied decision to reject please also inform the secretariat of the commission of your eventual change of address I finally ask you to mention the registration number indicated above in all the correspondence relating to this file I beg you to dagreer the expression of my consideration

It looks like you translated with Google translator so it is difficult to understand the translation. May be you should use microsoft translator or post the French version so we can all view it together. Did you appeal in English or French? Did you send your appeal to their email or office address? Usually it takes France 2 months to handle appeal and they can only contact you if your appeal is successful.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Cyberknight: 9:41am On Aug 12, 2018
Mumyjand:

This appears to be an automated translation of the document you were sent. Automated translations are sometimes OK for gisting documents, and sometimes not.

Either you post the original French version of the document here so those of us who read French can explain its contents or you have a professional translation into English made. In any case, you will need to have it translated anyway, because if the purpose of the your trip to France is important enough for you to appeal the refusal of a visa, then you have to be prepared to pay the costs of translation that will be involved in following up this appeal as communication concerning appeals is done solely in French.

1 Like

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by xcellentp: 10:26am On Aug 12, 2018
Hello Boss,
Do I need to submit my passport while appeal for France refusal or just appeal letter. Thanks for quick reply!
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Cyberknight: 10:32am On Aug 12, 2018
xcellentp:
Hello Boss,
Do I need to submit my passport while appeal for France refusal or just appeal letter. Thanks for quick reply!

No need to submit your passport. Just your appeal. Again, the letter you received should give you details about the process to follow.

Before appealing, try to review your application and determine whether you can address the reason for which the visa was denied in a fresh application instead of appealing, because appeals take time.

If you were denied based on Reason 8, provide details of your "rootedness", i.e ties to Nigeria in the form of family, employment or business, property, etc. Mention any travel history you have.

If it was based on Reason 9, which is usually vaguer, then you have to try and provide a convincing argument why you want to undertake the trip. If for tourism, why France, where else have you gone before, have you done your homework about where you want to visit and why. Provide detailed itineraries to show you've researched. If for business/conference, why would this trip be of benefit to your business/professional career taking into account its cost? If you had a contact person in France, were they reachable, for instance? And so on.

Keep it as concise as possible, use bullets to set out your points individually, etc. And above all, if this appeal is important to you, ensure you pay for quality translation. Your appeal is going to the home country, and will not be handled at the embassy here where one can assume English is readily understood.

Don't get some student to translate for you; hire a professional translator. For instance, my French is very good, but I would never attempt to translate serious documentation into French; I can only do so into English. That's why translation is a skilled profession, as those who have to deal with foreign bureaucracies have learned. Don't let your properly drafted letter go to waste due to a poor translation.

1 Like

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by mavinc4u(f): 11:09am On Aug 12, 2018
Cyberknight:

No need to submit your passport. Just your appeal. Again, the letter you received should give you details about the process to follow.

Before appealing, try to review your application and determine whether you can address the reason for which the visa was denied in a fresh application instead of appealing, because appeals take time.

If you were denied based on Reason 8, provide details of your "rootedness", i.e ties to Nigeria in the form of family, employment or business, property, etc. Mention any travel history you have.

If it was based on Reason 9, which is usually vaguer, then you have to try and provide a convincing argument why you want to undertake the trip. If for tourism, why France, where else have you gone before, have you done your homework about where you want to visit and why. Provide detailed itineraries to show you've researched. If for business/conference, why would this trip be of benefit to your business/professional career taking into account its cost? If you had a contact person in France, were they reachable, for instance? And so on.

Keep it as concise as possible, use bullets to set out your points individually, etc. And above all, if this appeal is important to you, ensure you pay for quality translation. Your appeal is going to the home country, and will not be handled at the embassy here where one can assume English is readily understood.

Don't get some student to translate for you; I've seen many hopeless samples of gibberish they produce. For instance, my French is very good, but I would never attempt to translate serious documentation into French; I can only do so into English. That's why translation is a skilled profession, as those who have to deal with foreign bureaucracies have learned. Don't let your properly drafted letter go to waste due to a poor translation.

If you can speak and write French then you can assist. It does not have to be professional translator as long as your French gives proper meaning in English when translated using translator then it is okay. Well, that is my take.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Mumyjand: 11:55pm On Aug 12, 2018
Thank you everyone here is the letter sent to me written in French

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Mumyjand: 11:58pm On Aug 12, 2018
I mail the appeal to them and it was written in French and I got this letter 1 month after the appeal was sent
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Imustreturn(m): 5:37am On Aug 13, 2018
Peterson1217:
HELLO HOUSE , I NEED YOUR COMMENT AS I AM SO SO WORRIED , I SUBMITTED MY FRENCH TOURIST VISA APPLICATION FOR MYSELF AND MY WIFE FOR OVER 3 WEEKS....THIS NEW WEEK WILL MAKE IT 4 WEEKS , I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO EXPECT , ALL MY DOCUMENTS ARE COOL AND MY BOTH BANK STATEMENT ARE COOL,MY ONLY WORRIES IS THAT MY HOTEL RESERVATION WAS CANCEL AFTER I HAVE ALREADY SUBMITTED MY APPLICATION.

THE APPLICATION HAS BEEN IN FOR THE 4TH WEEKS , PLEASE WHAT IS MY STANDS ??

AM STRESSED AND COMFUSED
don't pay for any hotel booking oo.. Its just for reservation that's all.. Don't pay shit until visa shows ooo.. They don't check flight or hotel..

1 Like

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by veek2(m): 7:31am On Aug 13, 2018
Nowayo4Real:
Firstly, I got to know about the course from this site www.mastersportal.com. I applied, passed their Skype interview, and was accepted for admission.

I contacted Campus France, who gave me the checklist of documents that I would need to provide for visa consideration.

I gathered all the documents as specified in the checklist, went for campus France interview, after that, I proceeded to VFS for submission. Unfortunately, I couldn't submit it the same day because I went with 6months SOA which I was asked to go back and bring that of 3months.

For insurance, the start date must be the intended date of your travel.
SOA must be 3months. If your working, get your employment letter attested by Chamber of Commerce, and also a recommendation letter from your company.

For flight, book in the morning of your interview or a day before.

Accommodation, (hmmmmmm, sign of relief), although my school made it simple, but what you should know is that, the earlier you start, the better if your school can't assist.

Lastly, your SOA must show a proof of at least €615/month for the whole period of your study.

Above all, Pray Until Something Happen (PUSH).

I think this helps. Should you have further or specific question, please do not hesitate to bring it forward here for the Gurus in the house to assist.

Je nous souhaite tout le meilleur.

What school are you going to?
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Cyberknight: 8:30am On Aug 13, 2018
Mumyjand:
Thank you everyone here is the letter sent to me written in French

Here's the gist of your letter by paragraph:

1. It acknowledges receipt of your appeal on 4th July 2018 and states that it has been assigned the above-mentioned reference number.

2. You are requested to send in a signed copy of your appeal before 5/8/18.

3. If you do not do so within a month, your appeal will be deemed inadmissible and cannot be treated.

4. Please also note that the appeal committee for visa refusal decisions has 2 months to render decisions following the suspension of this time limit due to this request for regularisation of your appeal. If you do not receive an explicit communication from them within this time limit, then you should consider your appeal rejected.

5. Please notify this committee of any change of address.

6. Please mention this above-mentioned reference number in all correspondence.

That's it. Apparently the deadline for submitting a signed copy of the appeal has passed, so you may want to communicate with them and inform them that you received this letter too late to respond within the deadline.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Mumyjand: 9:25am On Aug 13, 2018
Ok thank you so much
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Cyberknight: 10:29am On Aug 13, 2018
Imustreturn:
don't pay for any hotel booking oo.. Its just for reservation that's all.. Don't pay shit until visa shows ooo.. They don't check flight or hotel..

This is not true and you're misleading people.

Understand that one of the requirements for obtaining a visa is proof of accommodation and the governments place a high premium on this which is why they ask for it in the first place.

Of course applications differ and some embassies may contact the person/establishment providing your accommodation, others may not. That doesn't mean the requirement is baseless.

For those using booking.com and having subsequent cancellations, understand that booking.com is simply an intermediary where you can get hotel accommodation more conveniently and usually cheaper than otherwise and nothing more than that.

Whenever you make a no-prepayment reservation through that platform, always call the hotel immediately and get them to confirm your booking separately from the booking.com platform. Some hotels will want to charge you a percentage of the accommodation fee for holding a reservation for you, others may not. This is 2018, international calls are not expensive and it makes no sense for someone who wants to take a trip abroad that will cost about 1,200 euros and above to find it difficult to pay 60 naira a minute for maybe a 10 to 15 minute phone call to arrange a hotel booking.

Even if you have to pay a deposit (which usually comes in the form of a hold on your credit card), surely 50 to 100 euros is not too much for one to be prepared to forfeit to ensure their visa application ticks all the boxes? Anyone who thinks that way is thinking small, and it makes no sense in the larger scheme of things.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Imustreturn(m): 11:48am On Aug 13, 2018
Cyberknight:

This is not true and you're misleading people.

Understand that one of the requirements for obtaining a visa is proof of accommodation and the governments place a high premium on this which is why they ask for it in the first place.

Of course applications differ and some embassies may contact the person/establishment providing your accommodation, others may not. That doesn't mean the requirement is baseless.

For those using booking.com and having subsequent cancellations, understand that booking.com is simply an intermediary where you can get hotel accommodation more conveniently and usually cheaper than otherwise and nothing more than that.

Whenever you make a no-prepayment reservation through that platform, always call the hotel immediately and get them to confirm your booking separately from the booking.com platform. Some hotels will want to charge you a percentage of the accommodation fee for holding a reservation for you, others may not. This is 2018, international calls are not expensive and it makes no sense for someone who wants to take a trip abroad that will cost about 1,200 euros and above to find it difficult to pay 60 naira a minute for maybe a 10 to 15 minute phone call to arrange a hotel booking.

Even if you have to pay a deposit (which usually comes in the form of a hold on your credit card), surely 50 to 100 euros is not too much for one to be prepared to forfeit to ensure their visa application ticks all the boxes? Anyone who thinks that way is thinking small, and it makes no sense in the larger scheme of things.
Oga say what u know abeg..

Most embassies will tell u not to pay for hotel and flight bookings until your visa is out.

Don't tell me am misleading anyone..

Keep your long sermon is not important Sir.

Thank you.

I should pay for hotel or even flight and if the visa comes out otherwise what happens?

Why do you think dey say just reserve?

Over sabi

2 Likes

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by OmoBendel24: 3:09am On Aug 14, 2018
Imustreturn:
Oga say what u know abeg..

Most embassies will tell u not to pay for hotel and flight bookings until your visa is out.

Don't tell me am misleading anyone..

Keep your long sermon is not important Sir.

Thank you.

I should pay for hotel or even flight and if the visa comes out otherwise what happens?

Why do you think dey say just reserve?

Over sabi

The sermon is important please. I'm wondering though, if you really understood his communications!

5 Likes

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Cyberknight: 7:26am On Aug 14, 2018
I've gotten a few pms from some people on this issue. Sorry I'm replying a bit late, I usually only come here when I've free time before/after work. To make it easier for me, instead of sending individual pms, I'll just address the issue here.

To clarify, the embassies do not require a paid reservation when you are using a hotel. They do require a confirmed one, however.

The problem is that the third party in the matter, the hotels, sometimes require you to pay a refundable deposit to get a confirmed reservation. So some hotels will ask for a deposit, others will not. It is for you to search for one that fits your requirements if you do not wish to pay a deposit.

Secondly on the issue of whether embassies check hotel reservations or not, from my own experience last year I can confirm they do, at least some of the time. I made two reservations through Booking.com. The first hotel tried to charge my card for its deposit (I got a notification through the booking.com platform about that), couldn't do so, then cancelled my booking. I then made a second one. After about two weeks with no communication from this hotel, I assumed they didn't need a deposit and went ahead and presented my visa application.

The hotel then contacted me after I had done so, and told me they had been asked to confirm my reservation (obviously by the embassy, who else) and that I would need to pay a 15% refundable deposit (about a 100 euros for that booking). As my card was a dollar debit card and the restriction on using naira cards online was still in force for my bank, I had to rush out to buy dollars and fund the card and all that.

I got that visa, and applied for a second Schengen visa this summer. Based on my previous experience, I immediately contacted the hotel after making the booking through Booking.com and asked them to confirm the booking. They sent me an email confirming that "Mr. So -and-So has a confirmed reservation at this hotel from X date to X date." This was what I attached as proof of accommodation.

So my advice would be to read my previous post up here and ensure you have a confirmed booking, whether you have to pay or not.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Nowayo4Real: 12:13am On Aug 15, 2018
UBFC
veek2:

What school are you going to?
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Nowayo4Real: 12:15am On Aug 15, 2018
UBFC
ededdneddy:

Hey. Congratulations. I would like to ask, what city and school are you going to?
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by olaidecash: 2:22pm On Aug 15, 2018
HI,pls has anyone ever appealed using the help. Of a lawyer?i need the contact if it was Sucessful,
Thank you

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (383) (Reply)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.