Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,403 members, 7,812,185 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:43 AM

Is It Unholy To Be Intimate On Sunday Morning Before Going To Church? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Unholy To Be Intimate On Sunday Morning Before Going To Church? (16809 Views)

See What Most Nigeria Do On Saturday Night Before Going To Church On Sunday / Happy Sunday: Is Having Sex As Couple Before Going To Church Godly Or Ungodly? / 100 Days Fasting: Can Married Couples Be Intimate After Breaking The Fast? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Unholy To Be Intimate On Sunday Morning Before Going To Church? by Caseless: 3:58pm On Nov 18, 2012
candygosh:
Na serious wa for u o.
no be my fault, abi na me create my thirdleg? From candieangel to candygosh....too much candies on my wishlist*winks at her* i promise gangnam style....
Re: Is It Unholy To Be Intimate On Sunday Morning Before Going To Church? by Caseless: 4:06pm On Nov 18, 2012
Billyonaire: The only time it is wrong, is when you sleep with someone's wife or husband. In essence, you wrong the person's wife or husband, that it is wrong does not make it a sin. Sex is never a sin, will never be. Then again, what moral sense do we really make when we say all sins are forgivable then we hate sin. Hoax! Hoax!! Hoax!!! There are natural laws, and there are human laws. Sex even with someone's partner is not against any known natural laws, but man made laws.
if all sins are forgiveable, but that's not yardstick or a 'go-ahead' to go comitting sins delibrately and hoping u'l be forgiven...that's not what forgiveness means... If u commit any sin against ur fellow man, u must ask him to 4give u and make sure he does that b4 God himself can 4give u. But if it is between u and ur GOD, ask for it and it shall be given unto u...i mean forgiveness.
Re: Is It Unholy To Be Intimate On Sunday Morning Before Going To Church? by ipromise: 5:46pm On Nov 18, 2012
General Garicks:

Nawa 4 you. Once you arent married its fornication. So you wan do homework dis church morning
Na wah o, i no try am this moni o...im just asking ni
Re: Is It Unholy To Be Intimate On Sunday Morning Before Going To Church? by Thok(m): 6:15pm On Nov 18, 2012
'Remember the sabbath day, and to keep it holy'. And u did whatever u did on a sabbath, so, what else do u need?.. undecided
Re: Is It Unholy To Be Intimate On Sunday Morning Before Going To Church? by SirElaw(m): 6:59pm On Nov 18, 2012
Chiemeka orizu: What has bb got to do with this topic hello you people are digressing oh.@op I don't really have answer to your question because I haven't had sex all my life talk less of doing it on a sabbath day

I dnt knw buh I feel dis connection wif u already. Me sef b V. Lets mk dis happen girlgrin
Re: Is It Unholy To Be Intimate On Sunday Morning Before Going To Church? by Oahray: 7:00pm On Nov 18, 2012
You guys advocating the 'saturday-for-sabbath-or-face-the-consequences' theory need to know this. True, Sunday isnt the sabbath day, but Saturday isnt the Sabbath day either. The Jews used the moon for their dating and not the calendar we use today. The first day of the month was the 'day of the new moon' (Ezekiel 46:1; Isa 66:23), and wasn't counted as a working day... The first working day (1st day of the week) was the day after a new moon or a sabbath day. Count 6 working days... The seventh was the sabbath. That way the sabbath always fell on the 8th day, 15th day, 22nd day and 29th day of the month (note that it is 'day' not 'date'). If you doubt this read your scriptures and try looking for one sabbath day mentioned that didnt fall on any of these days.
What is more, Jewish days started at sunset, not midnight like we count ours.
The law was a tutor leading to Christ. Now that Christ has come, we no longer need a tutor. What matters is that we give God exclusive devotion (that was the aim of the Jewish sabbath). However, if you are a die-hard sabbath fan, then you should observe the lunar sabbaths, and not saturday or sunday by our calendar. If something is worth doing, then its worth doing well.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Unholy To Be Intimate On Sunday Morning Before Going To Church? by greatgod2012(f): 7:09pm On Nov 18, 2012
Marriage is holy and sacred, so anytime, anyday, intimacy occurs btw d married couples should and will not be considered unholy.

Looking at it from another angle, it is even better for couples especially pastors and altar workers to satisfy themselves very well with intimacy, so that they will not be tempted when they see those girls in minis, who delibrately dress sexy and wierd to church and sit in d front rows in order to seduce either d pastors or d altar workers.
Re: Is It Unholy To Be Intimate On Sunday Morning Before Going To Church? by code0: 7:56pm On Nov 18, 2012
I don't know why the word: sin frightens you guys. There is nothing like sin for the Christian who lives not under the Law but Grace. Sin is a transgression of the Law and we are not living under the Law again. Even Moses that made those Laws couldn't obey them. So Christ came and said as far as you confess my Lordship over your life, you are free from this Law yet some people are still talking about what is wrong and what is not. Do you think you can live this life by your own abilities? Staying away from those things which you feel are bad/wrong and going after the ones that are good or right before your own eyes? Live beyond your senses brothers and sisters. Believe in what Jesus did for you. But don't abuse this life because it precious. Why? Because it not many that has it. Enjoy it. Stop asking questions. There are no measures for wrongdoings. Telling a lie or having sex doesn't mean anything. What means something is what Jesus did for you. Live in it. Stop the devil from attacking you with thoughts about what you have done right/wrong. You are blameless. Don't make laws unto yourself 'cos you'll be judge by those laws. Jesus is the only Law now!

1 Like

Re: Is It Unholy To Be Intimate On Sunday Morning Before Going To Church? by Caseless: 8:35pm On Nov 18, 2012
code_0: I don't know why the word: sin frightens you guys. There is nothing like sin for the Christian who lives not under the Law but Grace. Sin is a transgression of the Law and we are not living under the Law again. Even Moses that made those Laws couldn't obey them. So Christ came and said as far as you confess my Lordship over your life, you are free from this Law yet some people are still talking about what is wrong and what is not. Do you think you can live this life by your own abilities? Staying away from those things which you feel are bad/wrong and going after the ones that are good or right before your own eyes? Live beyond your senses brothers and sisters. Believe in what Jesus did for you. But don't abuse this life because it precious. Why? Because it not many that has it. Enjoy it. Stop asking questions. There are no measures for wrongdoings. Telling a lie or having sex doesn't mean anything. What means something is what Jesus did for you. Live in it. Stop the devil from attacking you with thoughts about what you have done right/wrong. You are blameless. Don't make laws unto yourself 'cos you'll be judge by those laws. Jesus is the only Law now!
This is fictitious! Guy, u are dreaming...
Re: Is It Unholy To Be Intimate On Sunday Morning Before Going To Church? by code0: 8:44pm On Nov 18, 2012
caseless: This is fictitious! Guy, u are dreaming...

Why do you say am dreaming? Is it that it too simple to be true?
Re: Is It Unholy To Be Intimate On Sunday Morning Before Going To Church? by samphem(m): 8:45pm On Nov 18, 2012
Lets follow what bible says either holy or unholy if u have something u want to receive from God and u enter church after having sex without bathing mind you are like fithy rag b4 the lord.
Re: Is It Unholy To Be Intimate On Sunday Morning Before Going To Church? by plendil: 9:00pm On Nov 18, 2012
its common practice for coupples to have thier bath after sexx, so I don't know what the fuss is about.

Sexx before going to church, after bathing, especially if its a morning service? Nothing might be wrong biblically, but it seems a misplacement of priority to me.
Re: Is It Unholy To Be Intimate On Sunday Morning Before Going To Church? by vislabraye(m): 9:19pm On Nov 18, 2012
If a couple can't have sex on Sunday, then what better day can they have.
According to mu pastor, he received a higher level of speaking in tongues when he had sex with his wife. Not joking. cheesy
Re: Is It Unholy To Be Intimate On Sunday Morning Before Going To Church? by Nobody: 10:19pm On Nov 18, 2012
How long does church service lasts? Just a few hours for God's sake! Y can't ppl just purify demsevs and go to d house of God to worship HIM? Fwok d whole day and nite for all we care! But prior to worship time, be whole. Even food wen eaten in excess amounts to sin!! Beware!!!
Re: Is It Unholy To Be Intimate On Sunday Morning Before Going To Church? by poweredcom(m): 11:28pm On Nov 18, 2012
No day I no fit Bleep -- omo sunday morning I fit cool chill for ashawo hotel I no send na who holy pass
Re: Is It Unholy To Be Intimate On Sunday Morning Before Going To Church? by Nobody: 3:35am On Nov 19, 2012
ipromise:
ª̳͡rε̲̣̣̣ U̶̲̥̅̊ saying đõĭŋƍ that without been married ȋ̝̊̅̄
Ƨ̷̜̩̌̋
tantamount to SIN?
Dont u have a bible
Re: Is It Unholy To Be Intimate On Sunday Morning Before Going To Church? by ITbomb(m): 6:46am On Nov 19, 2012
vislabraye: If a couple can't have sex on Sunday, then what better day can they have. . cheesy
Most married couple have good sexx sunday afternoon after church . BUT not before.
Like I say it is not sin but u need to keep urself clean and let ur mind focus on the things of the spirit
Re: Is It Unholy To Be Intimate On Sunday Morning Before Going To Church? by Brymo: 7:27am On Nov 19, 2012
jus kidding.
Re: Is It Unholy To Be Intimate On Sunday Morning Before Going To Church? by CodeGreen(f): 9:08am On Nov 19, 2012
Re: Is It Unholy To Be Intimate On Sunday Morning Before Going To Church? by 1313(m): 10:23am On Nov 19, 2012
Intresting
Re: Is It Unholy To Be Intimate On Sunday Morning Before Going To Church? by lastpage: 7:12am On Dec 05, 2013
Oahray: You guys advocating the 'saturday-for-sabbath-or-face-the-consequences' theory need to know this. True, Sunday isnt the sabbath day, but Saturday isnt the Sabbath day either. The Jews used the moon for their dating and not the calendar we use today. The first day of the month was the 'day of the new moon' (Ezekiel 46:1; Isa 66:23), and wasn't counted as a working day... The first working day (1st day of the week) was the day after a new moon or a sabbath day. Count 6 working days... The seventh was the sabbath. That way the sabbath always fell on the 8th day, 15th day, 22nd day and 29th day of the month (note that it is 'day' not 'date'). If you doubt this read your scriptures and try looking for one sabbath day mentioned that didnt fall on any of these days.
What is more, Jewish days started at sunset, not midnight like we count ours.
The law was a tutor leading to Christ. Now that Christ has come, we no longer need a tutor. What matters is that we give God exclusive devotion (that was the aim of the Jewish sabbath). However, if you are a die-hard sabbath fan, then you should observe the lunar sabbaths, and not saturday or sunday by our calendar. If something is worth doing, then its worth doing well.

Let me "conclude" on what you have said:

Jesus Christ has ABOLISHED THE SABBATH DAY PRACTICE.

Since this is about 'christianity', did anyone of you not read it in your Bible where the Pharisees l think, wanted to "test his knowledge" of God and in doing so, trap him?

Jesus was asked whether it was okay to "work on the Sabbath day" (Knowing that the Law of Moses says they should not work on Sabbath day).

But Jesus, in his heavenly wisdom, responded by throwing a poser at them: WHICH ONE of you, if you have 100 sheep and just one of them fell into a well on a Sabbath day, will not attempt to retrieve it?
of course, none of them signalled they would leave it there just because its a sabbath day, .... showing the hypocrisy surrounding their charade of a sabbath day!
..And by so doing, Jesus has shown that it is not wrong to work on a sabbath day (any kind of work, even phucking na work now, abi?) and by "ALLOWING WORK" on a sabbath, the idea of "sabbath" itself becomes OBSOLETE!

Thank God for Jesus joor, He's my sharpest dude. wink wink

Lastpage!
Re: Is It Unholy To Be Intimate On Sunday Morning Before Going To Church? by lyrikx(m): 10:08am On Feb 08, 2015
Hey hey hold on for a minute.it ws quite plain wen it was instructed dat u keep d sabbath day holy.holy doesn't include sex in d mornin whether its ur wife or a sheep faced hooker.u shud b in church dat early in d mornin and sex shud b d last tin on ur mind.its rather unfortunate most of us don't fear God enof 2 follow His commandment.we make excuses just so we cud indulge ourselves in our pleasures.I don't tink not avin sex on sunday mornin wud kill anybody
Re: Is It Unholy To Be Intimate On Sunday Morning Before Going To Church? by lyrikx(m): 10:14am On Feb 08, 2015
Goshen360:

If you haven't paid her dowry and her parent handed her to you in their consent....such act is a sin, fornication in the eyes of God. Grace is not a license to sin. Okay.
Show me somewhere for bible where dem talk say payin dowry is a must.I tink dats jus man's own way of puttin a monetary value on unions btw man and woman.naturally if d parents givs consent,d nex day shud b a baby makin day
Re: Is It Unholy To Be Intimate On Sunday Morning Before Going To Church? by paxonel(m): 10:33am On Feb 08, 2015
ipromise:
The Bible said "remember the sabbath and to keep ïŧ holy.", but my stand on it is different as long as you took your bath. However, my friend's opinion differs from mine. So house, I would like some enlightenment on this. Your opinions?
it is very sweet to intimate on Sunday mourning. it is the most sweetest time
Re: Is It Unholy To Be Intimate On Sunday Morning Before Going To Church? by Nobody: 12:10pm On Feb 08, 2015
Provided the person is your spouse I see nothing wrong with it. God created intimacy for couples enjoyment.

Re: Is It Unholy To Be Intimate On Sunday Morning Before Going To Church? by taiwo850629: 12:44pm On Feb 08, 2015
It is not ok to be intimate on sunday morning before going to church because of bodily discharge laws in the bible. Bodily discharge laws in leviticus 15 state that people people who have bodily discharges should wait for a certain amount of time before entering the presence of God. So if you have sex on sunday morning, you wont be clean for the service. So it is not ok to have sex on sunday morning before going to church.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

All Things You Want In Your Life Already Exist And Is Within You / See How This Equation And Analogy Prove The Idea Of The Trinity Wrong / Why Did Yoruba People Leave ELEDUMARE For The God Of Jesus And Allah?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.