Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,113 members, 7,814,910 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:59 PM

Does The Bible Preach Racism? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does The Bible Preach Racism? (3634 Views)

The Distorted Message Of Grace That We Preach / Why Don’t Nigerian Pastors Preach Contentment? *picture* / Should Women Be Allowed To Preach On The Altar Or To Become A Pastor? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does The Bible Preach Racism? by deols(f): 8:14am On Nov 19, 2012
There seems to be certain verses of the bible that put an entire race under castigation and another over edge.

I have seen some people pray for Isreal on this forum,quoting bible verses despite their several crimes against humanity and I have seen others say unthinkable things about arabs with quotations from the bible.

Is racism in the bible or are these people being mischievous?

Why do Christians see the victory of Isreal as theirs?

3 Likes

Re: Does The Bible Preach Racism? by advocate666: 8:18am On Nov 19, 2012
There is racism in ALL monotheistic religious books. The islamic racism against blacks is even worse. When I see a black muslim, I smh.

2 Likes

Re: Does The Bible Preach Racism? by deols(f): 8:20am On Nov 19, 2012
advocate666: There is racism in ALL monotheistic religious books. The islamic racism against blacks is even worse. When I see a black muslim, I smh.
Do you mind staying on topic?

The question is about the bible. Not even christians or what christians do but about what the bible says.
Re: Does The Bible Preach Racism? by Nobody: 10:21am On Nov 19, 2012
Dp..
Re: Does The Bible Preach Racism? by Nobody: 10:22am On Nov 19, 2012
deols:
Do you mind staying on topic?

The question is about the bible. Not even christians or what christians do but about what the bible says.

Ah, one itchy muslim. I hope we can ask the same question about the Quran on the Muslim board...

And u have d audacity to get pissed.. Lol...

On topic:
The Bible isn't racist. Yahweh is racist, preferred one tribe to the others thanks to an old man who was willing to sacrifice his only son as proof of his love for Yahweh...
Re: Does The Bible Preach Racism? by Nobody: 10:24am On Nov 19, 2012
No. It is not.
Re: Does The Bible Preach Racism? by deols(f): 11:06am On Nov 19, 2012
musKeeto:
Ah, one itchy muslim.
You'd agree that isn't too bad a thing undecided

musKeeto:

On topic:
The Bible isn't racist.
I Agree. the topic should have been does the bible preach racism?

Yahweh is racist, preferred one tribe to the others thanks to an old man who was willing to sacrifice his only son as proof of his love for Yahweh...

yahweh in this context would mean who?
and the old man who?
Re: Does The Bible Preach Racism? by deols(f): 11:11am On Nov 19, 2012
Reyginus: No. It is not.

So what do you say of the following verse. Someone claims churches in Nigeria are praying for Isreal based on that.

'That whosoever would not seek the LORD God of Israel should be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman. (2 chronicles 15:13)
Re: Does The Bible Preach Racism? by Nobody: 11:22am On Nov 19, 2012
deols:
You'd agree that isn't too bad a thing undecided

I Agree. the topic should have been does the bible preach racism?

yahweh in this context would mean who?
and the old man who?
The old man's Abraham..
Yahweh is the Israeli God...
Re: Does The Bible Preach Racism? by Nobody: 11:29am On Nov 19, 2012
deols:

So what do you say of the following verse. Someone claims churches in Nigeria are praying for Isreal based on that.

'That whosoever would not seek the LORD God of Israel should be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman. (2 chronicles 15:13)
Good one. It is always wonderful to follow a preceeding verse before drawing any observation. Also, stop using an isolated issue as a general truth.
Let's see the verse that preceeds it.
Verse 12. 'They made a covenant in which they agreed to worship the LORD, the God of their ancestors, with all their heart and soul'.
Do you get that?
There is no foistering of the punishment on them. They agreed upon the worship of the God of Isreal and the penalty for offenders. It is a covenant they made with God.
So what next?

1 Like

Re: Does The Bible Preach Racism? by deols(f): 11:47am On Nov 19, 2012
Reyginus: Good one. It is always wonderful to follow a preceeding verse before drawing any observation. Also, stop using an isolated issue as a general truth.
Let's see the verse that preceeds it.
Verse 12. 'They made a covenant in which they agreed to worship the LORD, the God of their ancestors, with all their heart and soul'.
Do you get that?
There is no foistering of the punishment on them. They agreed upon the worship of the God of Isreal and the penalty for offenders. It is a covenant they made with God.
So what next?

You need to read the original post again.
If I meant it as a general truth,I wont be here asking questions.

Do you see the victory of Isreal as your victory as a christian?
Re: Does The Bible Preach Racism? by Nobody: 11:53am On Nov 19, 2012
deols:

You need to read the original post again.
If I meant it as a general truth,I wont be here asking questions.

Do you see the victory of Isreal as your victory as a christian?
What do you mean by Isreal? Who do you also mean by their victory?
Re: Does The Bible Preach Racism? by Delafruita(m): 12:07pm On Nov 19, 2012
deols: There seems to be certain verses of the bible that put an entire race under castigation and another over edge.

I have seen some people pray for Isreal on this forum,quoting bible verses despite their several crimes against humanity and I have seen others say unthinkable things about arabs with quotations from the bible.

Is racism in the bible or are these people being mischievous?

Why do Christians see the victory of Isreal as theirs?
christianity is racist because the bible preaches it.it even made a distinction between jews and gentiles

2 Likes

Re: Does The Bible Preach Racism? by Nobody: 12:36pm On Nov 19, 2012
the unenlightened call it racism, the enlightened call it 'inclusivity via exclusivity'. in other to get to all, i go through one. i uplift one above the rest and work through that one to get to the rest

PSALMS 75 VS 7 But God is the Judge; He puts down one and exalts another

DEUTERONOMY 7 VS 6 For thou art an holy people unto the LORD thy God: the LORD thy God hath chosen thee to be a special people unto himself, above all people that are upon the face of the earth.

AS FOR THE PASTORS AND CONGREGATION IN NIGERIA SUPPORTING THE LAND OF ISRAEL, THESE PEOPLE ARE IGNORANT NINCOMPOOPS AND IMBECI-ILES. ITS A CASE OF THE BLIND LEADING THE BLIND. HOW CAN YOU BE THE PASTOR OF A FLOCK AND YET YOUR KNOWLEDGE BASE IS SPARSE. NO KNOWLEDGE OF HISTORY WHATSOEVER. SCRIPTURE SAYS MEASURE THE TIMES DILIGENTLY, MEANING YOU HAVE TO JUXTAPOSE SCRIPTURE WITH HISTORY AND WORLD OCCURENCES. THESE FOOLS DONT KNOW THAT THE REAL ISRAEL IS NO LONGER IN THE LAND BECAUSE OF THE ABOMINATION OF DESOLATION ( LUKE 21 VS 24 ) ( REVELATION 11 VS 2 ) ( DANIEL 8 VS 13 ). NOTHING PISSES ME OFF THAN WHEN I SEE BLACK PEOPLE SAYING THEY SUPPORT ISRAEL AGAINST IRAN BECAUSE THE LORD IS WITH THEM. YOU DUMMY YOU ARE SUPPORTING AMALEKITE-EDOMITES. ISRAEL HAS BEEN KICKED OUT OF THE LAND BY THE ROMANS IN 70 AD

1 Like

Re: Does The Bible Preach Racism? by ijawkid(m): 1:27pm On Nov 19, 2012
obadiah777:
AS FOR THE PASTORS AND CONGREGATION IN NIGERIA SUPPORTING THE LAND OF ISRAEL, THESE PEOPLE ARE IGNORANT NINCOMPOOPS AND IMBECI-ILES. ITS A CASE OF THE BLIND LEADING THE BLIND. HOW CAN YOU BE THE PASTOR OF A FLOCK AND YET YOUR KNOWLEDGE BASE IS SPARSE. NO KNOWLEDGE OF HISTORY WHATSOEVER. SCRIPTURE SAYS MEASURE THE TIMES DILIGENTLY, MEANING YOU HAVE TO JUXTAPOSE SCRIPTURE WITH HISTORY AND WORLD OCCURENCES. THESE FOOLS DONT KNOW THAT THE REAL ISRAEL IS NO LONGER IN THE LAND BECAUSE OF THE ABOMINATION OF DESOLATION ( LUKE 21 VS 24 ) ( REVELATION 11 VS 2 ) ( DANIEL 8 VS 13 ). NOTHING PISSES ME OFF THAN WHEN I SEE BLACK PEOPLE SAYING THEY SUPPORT ISRAEL AGAINST IRAN BECAUSE THE LORD IS WITH THEM. YOU DUMMY YOU ARE SUPPORTING AMALEKITE-EDOMITES. ISRAEL HAS BEEN KICKED OUT OF THE LAND BY THE ROMANS IN 70 AD

Now I see why we both call ourselves twin brothers....you just said exactly my thoughts.........

I go buy you one heneiken for this salient point you just post....:-).....

2 Likes

Re: Does The Bible Preach Racism? by Nobody: 1:29pm On Nov 19, 2012
ijawkid:

Now I see why we both call ourselves twin brothers....you just said exactly my thoughts.........

HEHE I AM QUITE PARTIAL TO ODEKU MY TWIN BROTHER. AND MAKE SURE THE BOTTLE IS SWEATING grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Does The Bible Preach Racism? by Nobody: 1:41pm On Nov 19, 2012
ijawkid:

una and alcohol... lol..
Re: Does The Bible Preach Racism? by ijawkid(m): 1:42pm On Nov 19, 2012
obadiah777: HEHE I AM QUITE PARTIAL TO ODEKU MY TWIN BROTHER. AND MAKE SURE THE BOTTLE IS SWEATING grin grin grin

Lol....it will surely sweat well.......
Re: Does The Bible Preach Racism? by ijawkid(m): 1:45pm On Nov 19, 2012
musKeeto:
una and alcohol... lol..

If you concur to our thoughts I fit get you one henieken too o......:-)...

Or maybe guiness....lol....
Re: Does The Bible Preach Racism? by okeyxyz(m): 1:45pm On Nov 19, 2012
advocate666: There is racism in ALL monotheistic religious books. The islamic racism against blacks is even worse. When I see a black muslim, I smh.

Is there a doctrine of racism in islam against blacks? I'm not challenging you, just asking.

@deols can as well help with this question.

1 Like

Re: Does The Bible Preach Racism? by okeyxyz(m): 1:50pm On Nov 19, 2012
@OP,
To ask if the bible preaches racism is actually asking no question in particular. The bible is just a book of records and there are at least three religions that use it as authority, whether wholly or partially. So you need to direct your question to either christianity, judaism, or islam.
Re: Does The Bible Preach Racism? by deols(f): 2:23pm On Nov 19, 2012
obadiah777: the unenlightened call it racism, the enlightened call it 'inclusivity via exclusivity'. in other to get to all, i go through one. i uplift one above the rest and work through that one to get to the rest

PSALMS 75 VS 7 But God is the Judge; He puts down one and exalts another

DEUTERONOMY 7 VS 6 For thou art an holy people unto the LORD thy God: the LORD thy God hath chosen thee to be a special people unto himself, above all people that are upon the face of the earth.

I was hoping someone would make known the other part of your thread where you mention d blind flock following the one eyed shepherd as a description of the Nigerian christians in question.

While I agree with how God exalts some people over others,I would want to know if there is distinctly something against the arabs in d bible?
Re: Does The Bible Preach Racism? by deols(f): 2:28pm On Nov 19, 2012
okeyxyz:

Is there a doctrine of racism in islam against blacks? I'm not challenging you, just asking.

@deols can as well help with this question.
I didnt respond to that earlier because I didnt want to derail the thread.

In d last sermon of the prophet(S.A.W) he made it clear that an arab is not better than a non arab nor is a non arab better thana arab. Our position in the sight of God is based solely on piety.

At the early period of Islam,a well known muslim was Bilal bn Rabba. He was a black man and has the honor of being the first muezzin(caller to prayer) of Islam.
Re: Does The Bible Preach Racism? by deols(f): 2:30pm On Nov 19, 2012
okeyxyz: @OP,
To ask if the bible preaches racism is actually asking no question in particular. The bible is just a book of records and there are at least three religions that use it as authority, whether wholly or partially. So you need to direct your question to either christianity, judaism, or islam.

Read the op again and u wld realise that my question is directed to Christians.
Re: Does The Bible Preach Racism? by Nobody: 2:46pm On Nov 19, 2012
Deols, what about us?
Re: Does The Bible Preach Racism? by Nobody: 3:13pm On Nov 19, 2012
deols:

I was hoping someone would make known the other part of your thread where you mention d blind flock following the one eyed shepherd as a description of the Nigerian christians in question.

While I agree with how God exalts some people over others,I would want to know if there is distinctly something against the arabs in d bible?
AGAINST THE ARABS ? YES

AMOS 1 VS 6 Thus saith the LORD; For three transgressions of Gaza, and for four, I will not turn away the punishment thereof; because they carried away captive the whole captivity, to deliver them up to Edom: <<< SOLD NEGROS TO WHITES IN THE MIDDLE-EAST.
Re: Does The Bible Preach Racism? by Nobody: 3:14pm On Nov 19, 2012
lol....

The hypocrisy of a muslim posting this. Is there racism in the bible? Yes! Yawehs instruction tothe isrealites to commit genocide is there. Jesus's treatment of the Canaanite woman is there.

However there are two ironic things here

a) There is also racism in the Quran and many other religions.

b) This same topic wouldnt be tolerated in the islamic section. "Does the Quran preach racism"

c) When a similar topic gets banned by Maclatunji, muslims like Deols will keep quiet (ironically when their Quran tells them to speak out against evil).

wink
Re: Does The Bible Preach Racism? by F00028: 3:21pm On Nov 19, 2012
religion, racism, slavery...i just knew you'd show.

Logicboy03: lol....
a) There is also racism in the Quran

stop lying!

2 Likes

Re: Does The Bible Preach Racism? by atuagbo: 3:23pm On Nov 19, 2012
obadiah777: YOU DUMMY YOU ARE SUPPORTING AMALEKITE-EDOMITES. ISRAEL HAS BEEN KICKED OUT OF THE LAND BY THE ROMANS IN 70 AD
Are you saying no more Israel in the world?
Re: Does The Bible Preach Racism? by Nobody: 3:25pm On Nov 19, 2012
F00028: religion, racism, slavery...i just knew you'd show.

stop lying!

It is irrelevant if I show. What matter is the truth.

The truth is painful to many religious folks.

The Quran tells Arab muslims that they are the great or best Nation.

Another question that arises is that why would the Quran mention Jizya? A tax on the non-muslims (mostly Jews) just because the were not muslim. That is a racist tax.
Re: Does The Bible Preach Racism? by deols(f): 3:31pm On Nov 19, 2012
Logicboy03: lol....

The hypocrisy of a muslim posting this. Is there racism in the bible? Yes! Yawehs instruction tothe isrealites to commit genocide is there. Jesus's treatment of the Canaanite woman is there.

However there are two ironic things here

a) There is also racism in the Quran and many other religions.

b) This same topic wouldnt be tolerated in the islamic section. "Does the Quran preach racism"

c) When a similar topic gets banned by Maclatunji, muslims like Deols will keep quiet (ironically when their Quran tells them to speak out against evil).

wink

Well, I avnt always agreed wv maclatunji and his methods. Go and see the complaints thread and u will find that out.

Once again,this is about the bible. You may want to start a thread on Islam and I wld meet you there

To be clear.It is a great lie to claim there is racism in Islam. With the hadith I quoted earlier,you can be sure of that.
Re: Does The Bible Preach Racism? by F00028: 3:31pm On Nov 19, 2012
Logicboy03:
It is irrelevant if I show. What matter is the truth.

The truth is painful to many religious folks.

The Quran tells Arab muslims that they are the great or best Nation.

Another question that arises is that why would the Quran mention Jizya? A tax on the non-muslims (mostly Jews) just because the were not muslim. That is a racist tax.

then show me. chapter and verse, pls.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Who Are The Most Annoying, Funny And Friendly Persons On Religion Section? / Is Too Much Profit In Business A Sin? / http://frnjoku.org : Rev. Fr. Stephen Njoku Messages Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.